JOEL

Mumbai, India

#573050 Dec 13, 2012
HIGHLIGHT:

So long as the mind-matter barrier exists, the processing centers of consciousness in the brain and the capacities of the sense organs remain limited and the information that filters through is also of a limited kind.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573051 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> I notice that is the only context in which one can define right and wrong. Here is a few facts you ignore. While the Israelites were enslaved in Egypt for 400 years the Canaanites were given that amount of time to repent. Their offenses are listed in Scripture. Since most here claim they know Scripture they will have no problem finding them.(HA HA) The Israelites cried out to God and God eventually delivered Israel via a series of judgements. Pharoah had babies killed and abused the Israelites and judgement came down. Later Israel became a nation which divided and eventually both Israel and Judah was sent off into slavery because they kept messing up with God. You don't have to believe in God to understand the basic themes. In a general sense a train of abuses over a certain period of time brings judgement. That is a general theme. Exception include the book of Job and Joseph who were good characters and yet was handed difficult circumstances. The fact being you have your mind made up about things you know little about. And i am not in the mood to teach kindergarden Christianity to a bunch of ingrates.
Slavery is wrong no matter how much you relgionists want to justify it.
Your "god" sure breaks a lot of his own rules.
"But but but but b-b-but...it's the CONTEXT!" is always your puny excuse when you get called out.
You're worshipping an idol of your belief, not a real "god".
With this kind of "god" "satan" is unnecessary, just a convienient scapegoat for this "god" to blame when "god" f*cks up.
So you can ride your beam of bullsh!t right on out of here.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573054 Dec 13, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Dude, you are delusional. If you can't make it in reall life, don't come here and pretend and tlak fantasy. I get it. You are ocnfused, so you have confused reality, God, with your fantasy of attraction.
Many older men get younger beautiful women, but why should you, when you couldn't do it in your youth. Remember, you were the nerd boy whom they played "hide-n-go seek" with, you hid and the other kids ran away. Nothing else has changed.
I also find it laughable when a married man has not ego comfort with his wife, and needs to seek it elsewhere.
Don't say "we", it was you when you were a kid and it is still you. The laws of attraction mean that you are attractive and you can attract.
Yeah, it's easy for you to sit at a computer and spew wacko crap with your nurse supervising you until it's time for you to go back to your padded cell.
The way you are choosing to approach your therapy by letting us all know the miserable life you're living is interesting - and quite amusing - to observe.
Keep the crazy coming, Loco @ss!
Studying you is good for science.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573055 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry, there is no henry at all!
Sorry, there is no Riversideredneck at all!
feces for jesus

East Meadow, NY

#573056 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> As long as you assume there is nothing wrong with homosexuality then you will have to discredit the Bible. No surprise there. As long as you assume you will not have to answer to God for it then you can keep on doing it all. When it comes to your sexuality you are atheistic in your thinking. If you really loved your partner then you would not put her in jeopardy with God. That is why you ignore and twist up responses. We all have to give up certain behaviors in order to get right with God. You want to have your cake and eat it too. Been there done that. It does not work. If amoung the elect then the consequences are severe. It will rain on your parade. The Almighty is nobody to mess around with.
Hey, look.... a post full of unprovable garbage.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#573057 Dec 13, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
You don't care what I think, but you are interested in rebutting it anyway? I guess that makes sense to you.
Sometimes i can't help myself. You say you believe in human rights and all that and yet you butcher Christianity on a regular basis here. If you can do it to that group you can do it to any other group who you find offensive for whatever reason. That makes you phoney as a three dollar bill and that is why i do not hold your posts in high regard.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573058 Dec 13, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>In order for you to intrepret an honest answer, you must first be honest and YOU are not.
Really, what believer do you know that does not condemn slavery and it is only you in youor dishonesty who hopes for a contradiction.
Your dishonesty is in your need to condone and accept your deviancy which leads to suicide, HIV and HPV. You only care to be dishonesty concerning homosexuality, and hope to gain some relevance by addressing slavery.
Pay attention, you won't, the instructions have to do with enslaving captive war neighbors whom have attacked you, meaning Israel, who was attacked by pagans such as the Amalekites. So, the instructions today are only relevant to Israel and what is should do when attacked by the Palestinians and when they are captured.
Perhaps, when a person breaks into your house and is raping your child, you will simply set them free and give them a key to return. In other words, when at war, you either kill, enslave or set yor enemy free so they can return and rape your child.
Yeah, you are right, the truth is not honest.
It's a good thing your @ss is locked up, Loco.
You're a beast.
A pedophile and a rapist.
That way you won't be able to break into her house and rape her children no matter how badly you want to.
You are one sick fck.
You are disgusting.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#573059 Dec 13, 2012
feces for jesus wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey, look.... a post full of unprovable garbage.
Go flush yourself feces.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573061 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
OK, fine.
When someone shales your hand, that's not a real feeling in your palm, it's just a physiological delusion.
If you read the post, you'll see that I warned about atheists coming out with their phsyco babble bullshit.
Your babble is just pure bullsh!t.
That was just stupid, even for a redneck! GADS!(Roling eyes)
That "someone that shakes my hand" is not INVISIBLE, you f*cking IDIOT.
He is ACTUALLY THERE, in REALITY.
But what the f*ck would YOU know about reality?...
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573062 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Sometimes i can't help myself. You say you believe in human rights and all that and yet you butcher Christianity on a regular basis here. If you can do it to that group you can do it to any other group who you find offensive for whatever reason. That makes you phoney as a three dollar bill and that is why i do not hold your posts in high regard.
You are just as phony, acting so "prooooosecuted" when you have an agenda to make the whole world Christian, and if you cannot achive that goal, you will instigate an Armegeddon that will result in the extinction of the human race.
You are not above killing to reach your goal.
You also want your "god" to kill people too, to be your weapon for world domination - or world ending.
If you Christians can't own the world, no one else can, and you'll make sure of that by making sure that every last homo sapien is killed.
You are murderers.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#573063 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evolution doesn't speak to abiogenesis."
But evolution says that ALL life evolved from ONE single cell organism...
Evolution & abiogenesis are interconnected.
Well, one leads to the next. I wouldn't call that interconnected - it can only go in one direction. Most accurately, evolution is contingent upon abiogenesis. Evolution couldn't happen without some beginning of replication of molecules.

But once replication happens, abiogenesis is in the past.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573064 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
even stephen
Here is your cold beer, sir! With salt and vinegar chips and a medium rare fillet mignon.

Enjoy!
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573066 Dec 13, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
What an interesting question!!!!!!!
A breakthrough for anyone who might be trying to "convert" you (I assure you, I am no such person).
If you can believe the big bang "out of nothing"; why cant you believe the existence of God, who created Himself "out of nothing"?
Is it intellectual bias or just plain hatred for anything that even slightly involves God?
If you can believe the "god created himself out of nothing" why can't you believe that the Big Bang created itself out of nothing?
Your bias is far from intellectual and full of just plain hatred for anything that goes against your kindergarten-like belief in a wizard with a magic wand that can "poof" everything into existance.
Are you actually an adult?
What you believe in is fit for a child...

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573067 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
You go, girl!
hee, hee, hee, thanks!

He couldn't answer that one :)
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573068 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You can't get something from nothing.
right...so how did "god" do it if it couldn't be done? That's what you believe happened: POOF we're here like the stork brought us.
Hey, the stork might have broght YOU here, but I came from my mother's hoo-hoo just like the rest of us humans.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573069 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I took it that you were being your usually boring boorish self, seriously.
And here you are, yet again, slipping into that role with your typical, essay length response.
I would consider reading and responding to you more if it were not for the lengthy rants. That, and your inability to ignore YD, makes you a tedious read.
I am wondering nano, if you haven't any human emotions. You seem like sort of cold robotic type person, who only sits back and tries to pick holes in other people. You did post to me, I think. So if I gave you too much info, then why bother reading it? I haven't quite figured out why you are here, as the best you seem to be able to do is to criticize other people.

Perhaps you need to try to find some feelings, and maybe you might have some experiences in your life that you feel inclined to ramble on about too.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573070 Dec 13, 2012
<quoted text>
Thanks, but it's probably my mistake in preparing posts
Oh, OK. Just making sure you weren't being sockpuppeted by the jackholes.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573071 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the epitomy of an athitard...
You're the epitomy of an IDIOT.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573072 Dec 13, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Wow, Al, I have seen several of your photos, but someone I would not have figured that was how you would sound. Good video though. Perhaps a longer one would be even better. I put a video on youtube too; actually a couple.

One is of my mother singing at church, a solo, and she is 88, and the occasion was this past summer when my wife and I visited her for a few days. Since I haven't figured out how to put on just music, I made up a video of some photos in the background with about 3 songs that I recorded on my pc with the program audacity, and then put them all together with windows movie maker. My creation skills have a lot to be desired, but it is sort of fun working on it.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#573073 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah well then you can always prove me wrong by demonstrating from ancient history where slavery was condemmed.
<quoted text> It was a fact of life in the ancient world. Besides you are setting pre conditions on God. You ignore the fact this life is between two time periods, where creation is in harmony with the Almighty and evil is isolated. i would expect you to be a little more clinical in your approach. The overall tone of your post is an appeal to emotion which amounts to disgust. That is not a good basis to make rational decisions. All a Christian claims is to be saved from this perverse generation and to call upon the Lord and be saved.
Australians did not have slaves from 40 000 years ago to present. It was not until Christians landed that the institution of slavery was introduced to them.

Papua New Guineans did not have slaves from 40 000 years ago to the present. It was not until Christians landed...etc. I could do this all over the world.

Polynesians had slaves though. They weren't Christian.

Putting limits on God? God is the product of human imagination. Whatever characters He has reflects the times of those writing about Him. Of course those who endorse slavery have a God who endorses slavery. Of course you, who doesn't endorse slaver, has a God who doesn't endorse slavery - and this is why those Biblical passages are so problematic for you.

You have to pretend that a perfect being was OK with slavery because "everyone was doing it" and that He couldn't instruct His "chosen people" otherwise. Being Omnipotent, He's just not powerful enough to get "slavery is bad" into His Holy writings.

It's just amazing to me how far believers will go to mentally justify their impossible ideas. You're an otherwise intelligent man, but you can't see through the problems in your own belief system. It's because you're on the inside looking out; you're trapped in a "within-system" way of understand the world that has its own rationalizations that pass themselves off as logic - and actually act as such, if you're in the system.

Outside, we can see the problems in your belief system. You can't have a perfectly moral, all powerful deity + condoning slavery. Those aren't logically possible.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min Black Thunder 42 604,815
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Tony17 559,045
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 min bad bob 175,556
Moses never existed 21 min Hidingfromyou 729
Chat Room Rage (Apr '07) 37 min faith short 4,957
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 47 min GodFreeByChoice 5,708
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 49 min uMAkeWOrldPeaceUI... 4,733
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr onemale 265,019
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 5 hr HipGnosis 441,755
More from around the web