Do they still make stargate?
It went bankrupt, poor management.

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573472 Dec 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's get back to the main question. Why did one of your fellow atheists go nuts and kill innocent kids and adults today?
You mean the nice Christian boy? I'd bet a lot of money that he read the Bible before he did what most Christians want to do but are too scared to do.

How bout you?

“What?”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#573473 Dec 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
"You are part of the Rebel Alliance and a traitor. Take her away."

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#573474 Dec 15, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
There were three TV series. They're all done now.
I liked them all.
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Stargate Universe
I'm a big time Amanda Tapping fan, in SG1 because she is a modern day female warrior with brains.
I would love for her to "command me".
I got SG1 patches on a propper military shirt.
I want a P90 but really don't have any use for it.:)
I have enough guns already , but like everybody have a real bad case of the "want mes". Like the P90 Amanda is (on the list).

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#573475 Dec 15, 2012
All good questions , All SG1 and all Col. Carter questions.
And all above my Captains pay grade.

he he heh

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573476 Dec 15, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
Consider the recent posts regarding slavery and the Christian response. They know it's immoral yet are compelled to vehemently justify the practice ..
Yes, they're Christians. They're committed to defending whatever nonsense their bible tells them.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. by the way, SCAR gave an excellent synopsis of Jewish tradition and law. If you missed it, here's a link: http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

Thanks. I saw that. I read everything he writes. You, too.

[QUOTE who="Happy Lesbo"].. for homosexuality to be considered a normal sexual variant by the majority, a change in thinking must occur. We can start right here, right now on Topix ..
It will be my pleasure to help in any way I can, M'lady.
Happy Lesbo wrote:
.. if anyone calls you or any other straight person gay, don't deny it. By posting a disclaimer, you're saying, "No, not me, I'm normal." Do you understand? Does anyone understand ??..
Yes, I do. Although I do refer to my life at times, I don't think that I have made an explicit comment about my sexuality either way. I'm trying to do my part.

Since: Oct 12

Muscat,Oman

#573477 Dec 15, 2012
Allah is the best.

Since: Oct 12

Muscat,Oman

#573478 Dec 15, 2012
Allah
["""" "]
coffee for you

Fennario

#573479 Dec 15, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
You display your evil, stupidity, incoherence, self-hatred, and hatred of others all over this board...and you want to now act like a victim???? PSSHT! You are a f*cking JOKE. Get the hell outta here with that bullsh!t with your loco @ss!
There you go. Nice post. That epitomizes the general attitude of secularists and skeptics everywhere for this vile religion - GTFOOH!

I thrills my heart to see so many of us taking a strong, zero tolerance for mythological and hateful bullshit position regarding this unkind religion. It's wrong, we don't need it, it's harmful, and in my opinion, it's time for all of us who think so to speak up and say so.

It's time for the chickens to come home to roost: Christianity deserves no respect because it offers none.

Fennario

#573480 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
Did Jesus commit a crime, did he kill anyone?
Jesus killed a fig tree, but that wasn't considered a crime then or now.

The Jews convicted him of blasphemy, and then the Romans convicted him of treason - two completely different sets of charges against two independent cultures tried by two independent legal systems. According to legend, he was found to be undeserving to take another breath by each.

I wasn't there, and can't tell you if that ever really happened or not, or if it was fair if it did. But that's the mythology.

Fennario

#573481 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are saying all the historians listed are wrong.
Not necessarily, although I don't recall seeing whatever list you are referring to. Some of those historians referred to Christians and not Christ.
lightbeamrider wrote:
You base your conclusion on hostile assumption. You are saying most of Israel history is myth.
That's not a baseless assumption.There is much archeological support for that position,and none for yours. You can judge for yourself:

[1] "The Bible and archaeologists do not tell the same story. The conquest of Canaan is a good example: The Bible says Joshua conquered the whole region leaving no survivors (Josh 10:42 cf. 11:16-23). Archaeologists say Israel "emerged" from among the Canaanite peoples without a conquest.[1] They say this because there is evidence of neither culture change nor comprehensive conquest." http://www.scripturescholar.com/BibleArchaeol...

"The Israelites were never in Egypt, did not wander in the desert, did not conquer the land [of Canaan] in a military campaign and did not pass it on to the twelve tribes of Israel. Perhaps even harder to swallow is the fact that the united kingdom of David and Solomon, described in the Bible as a regional power, was at most a small tribal kingdom." http://freethought.mbdojo.com/archeology.html

Sorry.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Besides that your argument is an argument from silence.
Perhaps, but that's only a logical fallacy only if one claims that the absence of evidence is proof of something. My position is that I reject the biblical claims because they are unsupported. That is a provisional and tentative position amenable to contradictory evidence. Do you have any?
lightbeamrider wrote:
The Bible as a whole is good enough to establish the Exodus since the event is all over both the Old and the New.
LOL. Did you just post what I think you did?
lightbeamrider wrote:
You are calling Jesus a liar
No I'm not. I'm calling the church a liar. I don't know what Jesus was, if anything.

Fennario

#573482 Dec 15, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
That Papyrus Ipuwer (first link above) was laughable. Everybody that is interested should consider taking a peak at that.

What else have you got? Anything from an impartial source? I really don't have much confidence in what Christians say about anything any more. You've pretty much shot your wad already.

Fennario

#573483 Dec 15, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
There is no accountability in a religion that offers forgiveness so cheaply.
lightbeamrider wrote:
I do not consider the torment on the cross cheap and i am wondering why you do?
Were you on a cross? Sorry.

In that case, the cost wasn't cheap for you. But for most of you, all you need to do is to forgive yourselves by muttering to the ceiling fan.
lightbeamrider wrote:
He takes the punishment in our place and you call it cheap?
For you? Yeah.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Post conversion for the Christian means making amends and turning things around. It does not mean you can do anything you want then confess and it is all fine again and again. It involves behavior and attitude change. You should know that.
I don't know that. Neither do you. Christianity offers forgiveness on the cheap. You just forgive yourselves, move along, and leave your mess behind. And then you shake your finger at me about trying to escape accountability.

Fennario

#573485 Dec 15, 2012
Clementia wrote:
No, frost, slippery roads, gotta drive slow!
He blew his mind out in a car. He didn't notice that the lights had changed ... A crowd of people turned away, but I just had to look.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#573486 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
That Papyrus Ipuwer (first link above) was laughable. Everybody that is interested should consider taking a peak at that.
What else have you got? Anything from an impartial source? I really don't have much confidence in what Christians say about anything any more. You've pretty much shot your wad already.
You know it's a tainted source when it says "Secular History".
No legitimate historian or archeologist's research should be secular or religious in nature. Science speaks for itself in uncovering truths , whether they have religious implications or not is besides the truth of what the evidence says.

Fennario

#573487 Dec 15, 2012
boooots wrote:
Aha, a definite clue that you might not be Patty. You spelled 'desperate' correctly, which she has never done
Do you know the word "shibboleth"? It's a good'un: "A custom, principle, or belief distinguishing a class or group of people."

It can apply to an individual as well.

For example, we can pick out the Canadians here in Mexico if they are walking down the street with ski poles when its not snowing, or if they are wearing shorts and black socks - often with a safari hat. Americans don't do those things. They serve as shibboleths. You likely have some for identifying Americans.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#573488 Dec 15, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Were you on a cross? Sorry.
No and that was not the point and you know it. All you have is sarcasm.
In that case, the cost wasn't cheap for you. But for most of you, all you need to do is to forgive yourselves by muttering to the ceiling fan.
No. Wrong again. There is no muttering to a ceiling fan and you know it.
<quoted text>
For you? Yeah.
<quoted text>
I don't know that.
You do not want to know.
Neither do you.
You do not know what i know. You should know what i believe to be true.
Christianity offers forgiveness on the cheap.
The death of Jesus on the cross is cheap according to you. That says more about you than it does about anything else.
You just forgive yourselves,
No. We do not forgive ourselves and you know that to.
move along, and leave your mess behind.
No we do not leave a mess behind. There is amends making. A cleaning up of the mess. Big difference.
And then you shake your finger at me about trying to escape accountability.
At you? If i am to shake my finger at you it would have to do with your willful distortion of Christianity as it really is. Your cheapening of the Gospel message by printing it is cheap forgiveness. Your virulent sarcasm.

Fennario

#573489 Dec 15, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The Ipuwer Papyrus was already addressed to you, here:
"Today more than 90% of scholars agree that there was no Exodus from Egypt, 80% feel that that the Conquest of the Land did not take place as described in the Bible, and about 50% agree that there was no powerful United Monarchy." - Professor Israel Finkelstein, The Bible Unearthed.
http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TUGI0DV...
Also, even Judaic scholars recognize that the "Exodus", has no proof outside of biblical mention.
The Ipuwer Papyrus is agreed to have been written, based upon references within the Papyrus to initially as early as the First Intermediate Period 2181-2055 BCE , http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/First_Intermedia... , and no later than , 13th Dynasty or Dynasty XIII was which was from approximately 1802 BCE until ca. 1649 BCE. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thirteenth_Dynas...
Dude! I vote for you for team historian.

Fennario

#573490 Dec 15, 2012
Just Results wrote:
I blame 100% on what happened today in Connecticut on ATHEISM
Why blame anybody? You want to live with guns, don't you? Apparently, it's only the bullets that you object to.
Just Results wrote:
YOU are a ph8ching idiot.
One of us is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Trump Worshiper 679,392
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 hr TanRestedReady 2,896
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 hr Chess Jurist 119,368
Why are most white people so arrogant? (Apr '10) 2 hr Alexander Chen 1,018
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 3 hr Born again past JW 46,221
__POPE's 'World Plan' matches MARK of BEAST__ 4 hr WorldNewsYTube 1
Needs sex with a girl in London (Jan '14) 6 hr Gloriah23 4
More from around the web