|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>It's just too bad, Al, that people like you that are true reps of your belief have to put up with jackholes like Mr. Loco.
The reason he doesn't bring anything positive is that he HAS nothing positive! It's all a bunch of hatred and @ssholery, which will only result in people running like hell AWAY from him.
He just will never get it, and he will continue to be miserable and come to Topix day after day using name after name posting hate and more hate.
It's so bad for him that he has even resorted to calling himself "God". He will go as far as to blaspheme.
Loco is a miserable case.
I think you should pray for him, Al.
He's clearly not a happy person.
Al - brother, endorsements from folks like this ain't good....i'm just say'n:)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>It's just too bad, Al, that people like you that are true reps of your belief have to put up with jackholes like Mr. Loco.
The reason he doesn't bring anything positive is that he HAS nothing positive! It's all a bunch of hatred and @ssholery, which will only result in people running like hell AWAY from him.
He just will never get it, and he will continue to be miserable and come to Topix day after day using name after name posting hate and more hate.
It's so bad for him that he has even resorted to calling himself "God". He will go as far as to blaspheme.
Loco is a miserable case.
I think you should pray for him, Al.
He's clearly not a happy person.
I guess those who don't believe there is a god, should consider ourselves lucky that we have mindless people, such as Loco, to paint a very bad picture of believers. Kind of the same effect that Fred Phelps has on other gay bashers; not many want to be associated with the likes of him.

I have even read posts from some of our worst resident hate mongers stating they have nothing to do with the likes of Phelps.

Other than having to find our way through their nonsense, perhaps they are doing us a favor.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
River Tam
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
"Hey, what happened to that guy? Gross!"

"He got Tammed."

"Oh."
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the world doesn't care about Jesus.
You should come to see it in Mexico, but you'd better hurry if you do. It's still a Christian holiday here, although not for long. When I got here 3+ years ago, there were no signs of the pagan ice gods yet - no trees, no Christmas lights, and no Santa. That's been changing ever since they opened up a Wal-Mart. Besides lights and trees, they also sell wreaths, tinsel, flocking, reindeer, snowmen - the whole pagan show.
I hadn't realized to what degree Wal-Mart can affect a culture, especially one like this that is thirsty for things American. If it's happening in the States, the style conscious Mexican is all over it.
Wal-Mart is putting some significant effort into the "green movement". I didn't know until recently, but they are either the biggest or one of the biggest users of solar energy in the US.

The reason I'm happy about that, is not because I like Wal-Mart, but because they are setting a good example and showing other (better) companies that investing in alternative energy is worthwhile.
endtime

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
How can I hide from you? I don't even know who or what I'll be hiding from!
Time? Date? Would be helpful!
How about December 17? Any time.

I"ll be the guy under-dressed for the London winter.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Really? Not according to legend.
I can't think of another character in fiction or history that charged with capital crimes - the Hebrew Sanhedron followed by Pilate and the Romans - on two completely unrelated sets of charges - blasphemy, then treason - and sentenced to die by both. Certainly not Bundy or Manson.
Was everybody picking on him?
I agree.

Think of this.

If Nicodemus and Joseph were members(spoken of in John and Mark)of the Sanhedrin, and the *whole* Sanhedrin condemned Jesus,(which it says in Matthew and Mark), then how could Nicodemus and Joseph be considered
"righteous allies" of the Jesus?

“Evolution of Consciousness”

Since: Jul 07

Monkey Shines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Wrong, Judaism is not the parent of Christianity.
Homosexuality however is the parent of atheism and pedophilia the parent of homosexuality.
Without the one, you wouldn't have the other. Homosexuality precedes atheism and atheism relies on homosexual disorders for it's claims to follow the pedophilic founders of the LGBT.
Now, since Jesus was never party to Judaism, you are proven as a confused. There is no religion in Christianity and you all with always miss that point and remain forever lost in that.
Which makes since, which is why you gays deny your ties and link to pedophilic NAMBLA and all those teachings.
'
Carefull... your opening statements are so utterly indefensible using logic that your whole persona could be shot. If you want to be a GOOD Troll try making statements that could actually, feasibly be *Believed* by someone with even half a brain.

You wouldn't want people to stop taking you seriously, would ya'?

[*wink*]

Peace

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheism became a belief system as soon as the first atheist said "I believe there is no God."
Belief that there is no God, is not atheism. Believers in other gods, can also believe that your god does not exist. Would you really define those believers as atheists?

If I believe in Zeus, and also believe that there is no God, am I an atheist?

When will you get it?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The dichotomy that Atheists try to create between science and religion is false. The conflict is between interpretations of science coming from different religious worldviews.
You believers do seem to fight among yourselves about science an awful lot.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Atheism shouldn’t be taught or enforced in settings where other religions are banned and shouldn’t be favored by laws which imply a religiously neutral government.
How do you teach atheism? Remember, I am talking about atheism as a lack of belief in deities. If you can't agree to my definition, at least acknowledge what I am talking about when I say "atheism", and answer the question I am asking. How do you teach non belief? That is the default position.

If gnostic atheism is being taught or enforced in any US government component, I haven't seen it. Are you suggesting that it is?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
How about December 17? Any time.
I"ll be the guy under-dressed for the London winter.
It's so bloody cold up north, it's normally abit warmer down south but not that warm either, wrap up warm, bring hat, gloves, scarf and big coat. It's honestly getting cold now.

Where you takin' me?

Since: Sep 10

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's so bloody cold up north, it's normally abit warmer down south but not that warm either, wrap up warm, bring hat, gloves, scarf and big coat. It's honestly getting cold now.
Where you takin' me?
An upscale dining establishment that offers various vegetarian dishes, along with fine wines.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Excuse me, sorry.**Christianity** was there before the Bible was written.
That's right - change it up - you'll need to if you think the semantics don't have a meaning.

Now is when the honesty begins. Are you up to it?

“Evolution of Consciousness”

Since: Jul 07

Monkey Shines

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think God needs your protection?
You sir are just simply a troll. You delight in trying to stir the pot for your enjoyment. Of course you know this as I've told you this over the prior months. Have you made any inroads or converts with your messages? No? Didn't think so. Neither did Westbro.
Your pride overrides any positive thing that you may bring to the table. And what you do bring is slim at best.
'
A Piss-poor troll, at that. As if there's somebody out there who could actually believe such ludicrous statements. Pretty clear he's just jerkin-off to the emotional responses.

He DID bring a Slim-JIM, though. Left it on the table. It was good... hey, I was hungry...

Peace

“Pillars of Creation....”

Into this world we're thrown

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Darwin the Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
'
A Piss-poor troll, at that. As if there's somebody out there who could actually believe such ludicrous statements. Pretty clear he's just jerkin-off to the emotional responses.
He DID bring a Slim-JIM, though. Left it on the table. It was good... hey, I was hungry...
Peace
I hope it was still sealed properly..........

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

You Christians seem to have no concept of what our lives are really like, or what it's like to mature without the influence of religion.
Yeah you are Godless and lost and the clock is ticking. I would add atheists are deluded, closed off from all of reality. In a naturalistic box. Atheists do not like their assumptions scrutinized and outright deny or ignore the natural consequences of their assumptions.
You show no compassion, just a fear of judgment and retribution.
I have no compassion for atheistic assumptions that will hurt people in the long run especially when the solution is right there! Most say they deny God because of lack of evidence which i think is BS but even if true atheists forfeit a Theist position and go to atheist position which cannot be proven and there is really no logic to it.
I can tell by what many of you keep telling us what we must certainly think, like in the comments above.
It does not matter to me what you think. More interested in exposing the fallacies of your assumptions. Neither you notr Hiding have responded to a single one of my points. Not one!
Not to me, nor to most of the rest of the skeptics with humanist values posting here.
Yeah but your humanistic assumptions has not really cost you anything. You oppose slavery, big deal, who doesn't?
Opposing slavery makes obvious sense in a godless universe,
To some it does and why not since it is humans who determine these things and there is no accountability post death.
but apparently not if you grow up believing in a god.
Exactly. God is ther God of slaves too. They are image of God and they cry out to God when injustice is done to them. When they are abused and raped. Though these things happen there is a time where abusers will have to answer. There will be no escape, no appeal.
It's really hard to believe that you don't know better.
In that closed box you hide in a person can get away with murder and as long as he does not get caught then his only fate is ultimately death and nothingness. The same fate he effected for his victim. Both victim and perp undergo the same fate.
You have missed out on so much of what I would call an authentic human experience.
And you know that how?
Christian morality and Christian spirituality typically tend to be underdeveloped, which is ironic given how you seem to assume that you have the monopoly on both.
I have not read your posts lately but i do remember you are hostile to Christianity. Constantly distort it etc etc so your opinion above is of little value to me. For example you say i have a monopoly on Christian morality. Why would you even say something like that since you know next to nothing about me? One poster says i have a monopoly on Christian morality and Hiding frefers to me as Satan! Well???? Which is it? It is not about me anyway. The source does not matter if the information is true. No matter what you think of me you need to know i do not want you or anybody here ending up in hell. Facing God with no Advocate.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

JOEL wrote:
QUESTIONS:
1) During moments of sadness or depression, why do we feel a dull, constricted and slightly painful sensation in the center of the chest region?
2) Why are these symptoms of suffering not felt in the brain since most believe, as science tells us, that the brain is everything?
(smiles)
There is nothing more pleasing to me than someone who mistakenly thinks they are clever.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why am I not surprised? That you protested the war......
You are a coward & a traitor & an America hater.
This is why you moved to Mexico.
Why am I not surprised that you associate protest with "america hating." How brainwashed can someone be?

"To announce that there must be no criticism of the president, or that we are to stand by the president right or wrong, is not only unpatriotic and servile, but is morally treasonable to the American public."
-- Theodore Roosevelt

I know that quote is specifically about criticizing the president, but I think you get the point.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiight.
You can skew the words in Genesis all you want so long as it makes the Bible look wrong, huh?
And you can "interpret it" all you want as long as it makes the bible look "right."

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Evolution doesn't speak to abiogenesis."
But evolution says that ALL life evolved from ONE single cell organism...
Evolution & abiogenesis are interconnected.
Dude...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 544,001 - 544,020 of682,204
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

463 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Michael 512,950
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 6 min Dang It 110,123
Tamil vs Kannada. Which one is the oldest langu... (Oct '12) 8 min THAMILAN 367
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 14 min Buck Crick 217,745
Ask Me A Trivia Question -- 2 -- (Mar '10) 17 min Joe Fryday 191,379
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 250,584
American Soldiers - Duty, Honor, Country (Jun '11) 50 min NUTS AMERICA 37,963
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 53 min pusherman_ 596,710
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr KiMare 89,733
•••
•••
•••