Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#572819 Dec 12, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that god only appears during bouts of deep trauma and never visits when things are going well.
the god prefers the ignorant, the unintelligent, the desperate, the immoral.

the central question to ask, if the god is moral, why would it reveal itself to a piece of shit, like a christian, but not reveal itself to honest, moral persons.

Location hidden

#572820 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have sufficient evidence to conclude that God is false (0).
If you do, share it with the world.......
he chose you as a spokesman

finis

no god

Location hidden

#572821 Dec 12, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly right, the burden of proof is on you who claims there is no God. I am not making any claims to you. Your life is for you to suck over.
If you are concerned about a person who claims there is a God, then go see AL. If not, then go play your game with a fish.
What's wrong lil fella, what claim have I made?
You claimed that there was no God or gods, now yu back up your claim. Where's the evidence for YOUR claim, and produce it now or go whine a river of delusion.
We are waiting..........you got nothing....ding.......times up.....FLUSH....
the nonexistent claims for the reality of the god render it unbelievable

christianity is a failed moral system.

good persons reject such evil

Location hidden

#572822 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Not according to legend.
I can't think of another character in fiction or history that charged with capital crimes - the Hebrew Sanhedron followed by Pilate and the Romans - on two completely unrelated sets of charges - blasphemy, then treason - and sentenced to die by both. Certainly not Bundy or Manson.
Was everybody picking on him?
there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal jesus the christ

Location hidden

#572823 Dec 12, 2012
go rilla wrote:
why do atheists resent people christians so much? I understand there are some bigots out there but some are really good people and if they live according to the bible they shouldn't point fingers and irritate anyone. i think atheists like you are that like to antagonize are bigots
the fallen, the christian, beg for tolerance of their bigotry and hate in the name of the one person somewhere, who might be both a christian and a worth while person.

How About An Introduction?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572824 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal Jesus the Christ
Why do you call Jesus a criminal?

Moses, David, Lot, Joshua, Elijah and other Hebrew patriarchs fit the bill of "criminal-minded mass murderers" perfectly.

Location hidden

#572825 Dec 12, 2012
curious george wrote:
do atheist celebrate Christmas? it seems like double trouble to me since it's a pagan holiday turned christian :P
some celebrate saturnalia

some the yule

some the solstice

some the filthy christ
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572826 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

christianity is a failed moral system.
True that Christianity is a failed religion that has committed some of the most horrific crimes against humanity but many of the teachings of Jesus pass muster albeit they being a rehash of Vedanta and Buddhism.

Jesus was a prophet of his times but as a prophet he was pretty powerless and could neither tame his enemies nor save himself.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#572827 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity started almost as soon as Jesus was executed.
The Christians had to hide from the Roman Empires for fear of death.
There was no Bible.
Well, you're partly right.

The book you call the "Bible" was a much later invention.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#572828 Dec 12, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.hope-of-israel.org/cmas1.htm
Google scares the shit out of you, doesn't it.
I've been saying that to fundies for a while now.

"Knowledge is the ultimate antidote to religion. We now have almost-unlimited information at our fingertips.
Wanna know why you're gonna lose?
Google."

Location hidden

#572829 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you call Jesus a criminal?
Moses, David, Lot, Joshua, Elijah and other Hebrew patriarchs fit the bill of "criminal-minded mass murderers" perfectly.
Rome tried and executed the criminal

Is that not your claim?

or are you the troll with the private god?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572830 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

some the filthy Christ
Why single out only Jesus for abuse?

It would only be just and fair if you could abuse the prophets of all religions.

Maintain high standards of justice.

Get it?

Location hidden

#572831 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
True that Christianity is a failed religion that has committed some of the most horrific crimes against humanity but many of the teachings of Jesus pass muster albeit they being a rehash of Vedanta and Buddhism.
Jesus was a prophet of his times but as a prophet he was pretty powerless and could neither tame his enemies nor save himself.
there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal jesus the christ.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572832 Dec 12, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Just want to ask...Is somebdoy sockpuppeting you? It looks as if you're responding to your own handle in your last two missives.
I wouldn't put it past the Loco's miserable @ss...
Thanks, but it's probably my mistake in preparing posts

Fennario

#572834 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
because it's the truth.
what do you believe and why?
I believe that I hear a live band on the street right now, and it's 1 AM, because it's the truth. December 12 - yesterday - was a huge Mexican holiday celebrating Our Lady of Guadalupe, another name for the virgin Mary.
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/865568650/...

Here's something you'll like. We call her the "Beer Hen," and not because she's a chicken or likes beer. Maybe you can guess why.

S
P
O
I
L
E
R

S
P
A
C
E

The Spanish word for virgin is virgen. The "V" is pronounced closer to a "B" than a "V", and the "G" sounds like an "H" when it precedes an "E". So, in Spanish, she's the Beer Hen.

This is a boisterous and noisy culture, which I mostly like. My only complaint is the bottle rockets, and mostly because they frighten my dogs. This party on the street outside will go all night. Several families are gathered, children too. It's a scene, man.

Since: Dec 12

Delhi, India

#572835 Dec 12, 2012
I believe in god.. we dont have to proff it

Fennario

#572836 Dec 12, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
If you choose to be filthy in the eyes of God, then you should revel in your reward, eternal damnation.
And if you choose to be cowed into submission by a bad story, then you can enjoy your reward - hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars wasted, and a wasted one-time only opportunity at an authentic, self-actualized existence. And for nothing in return.

Did you give them your kids, too? I'm sure that you gave most of their inheritance away.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572837 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal jesus the christ.
Obviously, how can there be any physical evidence of the alleged crime except for hearsay?

Is there any evidence that Moses existed or parted the sea?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572838 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

Rome tried and executed the criminal
On what charges was Jesus executed?

Pilate was reluctant to condemn Jesus but was compelled to hand over Jesus to the soldiers for execution fearing that the mob would not spare him, too.

Wasn't Jesus charged and put to death, as narrated by the NT, at the behest of the rabbis who were pissed off that Jesus had debunked and criticised large parts of their barbaric cult (Judaism)?

Fennario

#572839 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
you are a Christian. Who else salivates at the thought of somebody being tortured for eternity?
Laconic Assassins wrote:
Why would it bother you?
It bothers me that your church would create so many people that think like you do, and then litters the neighborhoods and legislatures with them. It concerns me to be surrounded by so many sadistic people.

I used to feel mildly threatened by that attitude before we left the States, since it is so sharply focused on atheists, and I am one. It's why I was mostly closeted. The same people that would salivate at my torture would probably not hesitate to key my car, boycott my practice, spread lies about me, or execute my dogs in the name of Jesus.

You ask, "Why would it bother you?" You people always amaze me at how far removed you seem to be from my reality. You might have seen some recent posting on this thread about the Christian experience, and how little Christians seem to know about morality, meaning or purpose in irreligious people's lives. Now here you are wondering why I would mind being amid people that look forward to my torture.

Not any more, BTW. These Mexican Catholics don't seem to care what we are as long as we are good neighbors and continue to charge their economy. They are very different from American Christians. Religion is not used as a weapon to divide people here. It's just used to control and exploit them, which is a crime and a shame, but apart from the bottle rockets, doesn't threaten or otherwise affect me at all any more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Moses never existed 5 min KiMare 862
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min Tony17 560,747
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 6 min EdmondWA 96,864
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 12 min Qu_innocence 605,392
The Spiritual Journey of His Holiness 18 min Uttamchand 1
Brahmrishi Shree Kumar Swamiji The Spiritual ... 20 min Uttamchand 1
How To recover deleted notes on iphone 4/4S/5? (Mar '13) 25 min EvenGodfery 65
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr onemale 265,589
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 15 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web