Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh?
The celebration of Jesus' birth isn't Christian?
lol, you athitards really stretch the truth.
When you provide evidence that he was actually born as depicted in the babble then you can justly claim his birthday but only when you can actually provide evidence to substantiate a date that the son of Pantera was born then you can claim that day as his birthday

Until then you are celebrating a pagan tradition in disguise, a myth, celebrating a hoax, celebrating a lie for your religion

So christian of you.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you define thoughts?
What is spirit?
LOL.
one must assume that your inability to share a cogent thought implies that you do not form such thoughts.
sandman

West Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

come here atheists, you're in good company. suitology is like a religion without the religion its for those who just belive in doing good deeds not because they with to please a sky man but rather because they know its the right thing to do
www.facebook.com/pages/Suitology/342441919155...

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, in a way it does.
Sorry.
HAHA
Yes you are.

“Today we pray”

Since: Jul 12

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Ahh moral, yes, something else that christian have taken and claimed as their own only in this case they have twisted it to exclude anyone who doe not think as they do. I.e. Anyone who doe not lie for his god
Absolute or relative morality, which is it?

Moral essence allows one to distinguish between right and wrong. My conduct or character, will produce the absolute of morality, be it good or bad.

Absolute morality can be determined by what I do, even if it is not what I want to do.

Absolute morality tells me to do a thing just because ... Speaking of good morals, no matter what the situation, "absolute" will cause me to take the "relative" facts of morality and respond without reservation.

"I find a law, that, when I would do good, evil is always present with me." Romans 7:21, Apostle Paul.

Desiring to do good is relative. Performing the good or right is absolute.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
You donít need to hide behind religion to do that. Priests do it all the time
Hide behind the religion of atheism?

Naaaaaaw.......
sandman

West Grove, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
one must assume that your inability to share a cogent thought implies that you do not form such thoughts.
come here atheists, you're in good company. suitology is like a religion without the religion its for those who just belive in doing good deeds not because they with to please a sky man but rather because they know its the right thing to do
www.facebook.com/pages/Suitology/342441919155...

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
When you provide evidence that he was actually born as depicted in the babble then you can justly claim his birthday but only when you can actually provide evidence to substantiate a date that the son of Pantera was born then you can claim that day as his birthday
Until then you are celebrating a pagan tradition in disguise, a myth, celebrating a hoax, celebrating a lie for your religion
So christian of you.
they celebrate the same pagan day as do we, they merely lie about the reason to celebrate.

most of them have no idea, at all, that their god was born in the image of a sun god.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
My hope isn't for immortality.
<quoted text>
I don't think I can beyond saying the obvious: It's a feeling and I have it.
i'm sincerely happy for all people when they say that their life is going well; i believe that it is God's general will that we are all blessed & succeed in life.

however, He also wants to take us from being content with our mortality to being only content with His plan for immortality. if that means shaking us lose from temporal comforts to get us there, so be it:)

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

karl44 wrote:
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
explain why it is that a god would reveal himself to an empty vessel such as yourself, and not to moral persons?
<quoted text>
and I have yet to receive an answer. I wonder why you duck it???
Huh?
christianity is a failed moral system. You are correct I reject the christian moral set.
You have filthy morals, even less ethical than the christian set. I certainly do reject your morals.
now about my question?
explain why it is that a god would reveal himself to an empty vessel such as yourself, and not to moral persons?
Your question is irrelevant, as I am a moral person.

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the world doesn't care about Jesus.
You should come to see it in Mexico, but you'd better hurry if you do. It's still a Christian holiday here, although not for long. When I got here 3+ years ago, there were no signs of the pagan ice gods yet - no trees, no Christmas lights, and no Santa. That's been changing ever since they opened up a Wal-Mart. Besides lights and trees, they also sell wreaths, tinsel, flocking, reindeer, snowmen - the whole pagan show.
I hadn't realized to what degree Wal-Mart can affect a culture, especially one like this that is thirsty for things American. If it's happening in the States, the style conscious Mexican is all over it.
HA!

I mention Jesus & you bring up Santa & Wal-Mart....

You really are indoctrinated, aren't you?

*hint* Christmas is the day we celebrate Jesus' birth, not the day we celebrate Wal-Mart...

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
So christian of you.
Oh boy...

The ole "ancient pagan holiday" routine, huh?

HA HA HA HA!!!

Hey Chris, prove it.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I am busy tonight
attending an anti urinal-wing activist meeting? ya gotta do what ya gotta do....;)

“Today we pray”

"tomorrow we win"

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
they celebrate the same pagan day as do we, they merely lie about the reason to celebrate.
most of them have no idea, at all, that their god was born in the image of a sun god.
As early as the year 225, Hippolytus wrote of the celebration of Jesus' birth being on 12-25. Constantine may have made it official, but it was already occurring.

Pagans never celebrated Christmas prior to the establishment of Christmas as a feast day in the church year. Whatever they celebrated, it was NOT Christmas.

For all you athitards who are stating what pagans did as though it is a fact -- where, exactly, is your evidence? Are you just going on what you think is so because you heard it somewhere?

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You may not get angry, but you do sound stupid.
You will get bit or stung, then die from the venom.
"...and nothing will by any means hurt you" Jesus

we in the business of putting hurt on devils;)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
the fact slavery is equally as valid as poicies against slavery since it is humans who determine right and wrong in a world absent God.

If we can own dogs then we can own people.

Atheism reduces people to the level of big brained animals. Nothing more since it could be argued insects are more adapted and stronger than humans.
You Christians seem to have no concept of what our lives are really like, or what it's like to mature without the influence of religion. You show no compassion, just a fear of judgment and retribution. I can tell by what many of you keep telling us what we must certainly think, like in the comments above.
lightbeamrider wrote:
Anti slavery only makes sense if human rights are derived from an ultimate Authority which holds us accountable for how we treat each other.
Not to me, nor to most of the rest of the skeptics with humanist values posting here. Opposing slavery makes obvious sense in a godless universe, but apparently not if you grow up believing in a god. It's really hard to believe that you don't know better.

Somebody I was posting with recently didn't know where to find meaning or purpose in his life without a god belief. Others imply that they don't know why they wouldn't kill without constant supervision from space.

You have missed out on so much of what I would call an authentic human experience. Christian morality and Christian spirituality typically tend to be underdeveloped, which is ironic given how you seem to assume that you have the monopoly on both.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
god appears to the uneducated
the unitelligent
god appears to the immoral
we do see what is going on there
you seem VERY educated; regarding the peeing habits of men in public restrooms;)
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
That makes no sense at all..... if you say I'll contact you.... Does it matter if its e-mail, phone, smoke signal. It's the same thing technology has just increased distances. Same meaning different implication.
What is the relevance of that to the argument that I was engaged in?
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Or are you trying to use the say Inquisition. Where people were to tortured in the name of your god??? Same meaning different implication???
Hint: stop trying to be the smartest guy in the room, you verbose replies make no sense.
How is that related to anything that I have said?

If you dont understand what I am saying, ask for an explanation; dont add your garbage to what you think I might be saying.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Unfortunately, you were the result of your mother's bleeding 25% of every month.
You should have been flushed in one of your mom's tampons.
you would have liked that cuz then there'd be less of us to bind unclean spirits and cast them into the abyss;)

“Pepsi is better than coke”

Since: Mar 11

and better with rum

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Your disdain for slavery does not change the fact slavery was universal in the ancient world. Nor does it address the fact slavery is equally as valid as poicies against slavery since it is humans who determine right and wrong in a world absent God. Your disdain carries no real weight other than your opinion. If we have no souls and there is no accountability since there is no existence post death then people can come to a different conclusion than do you when it comes to slavery. If we can own dogs then we can own people. Anti slavery only makes sense if human rights are derived from an ultimate Authority which holds us accountable for how we treat each other. That we all have unalienable rights which cannot be denied without severe consequences in a court of no appeal. Atheism reduces people to the level of big brained animals. Nothing more since it could be argued insects are more adapted and stronger than humans.
It was not universal in the ancient world. Such belies your misunderstanding of history.

And, even if it was, a perfectly moral being would not condone slavery merely because His Creations, who in your religion are fallen and less than perfect, use slavery.

Seriously, that is the worst argument you could make. That's the "if a human jumps off a cliff, God should too" anti-motherly argument. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to follow other people's examples of immoral behavior?

Further, you are arguing against your own religion here. You are claiming above that morality is human, not absolute. Sure, I can agree with that. As such we contemporary humans, with our vast knowledge of history, our sciences of human thought, emotion, philosophy, suffering and pain, and our laws and concept of human rights, understand what it means to be moral a great deal more than any of the elite cared to bother with in the past.

You've damned yourself in your argument by distancing yourself from your religion, which argues for an absolute morality (while presenting a contradictory front of endorsing slavery) from which humans draw their own, to presenting an argument where human morality is subjective, changing with the times.

That's not a problem from my position. I don't hold that there are any deities. I neither hold that there is a perfect being from which we draw our morality. However, I believe we can know what misery, suffering, happiness and fulfillment are and seek out those qualities through society.

Christianity clearly does not present a path of morality of the greatest good for the greatest number of people. It requires subservience, obedience to a strange set of rules - some sexual, some regarding food that its followers pay more or less adherence to, depending on historical forces.

We need a better moral and ethical position than religion can provide - whatever the religion. You all fail. Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, whatever. You're all from the past and you all preach atrocity.

To quote your religion: "Get behind me, Satan!"

Your time is past.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 543,781 - 543,800 of679,096
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

479 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Cartooni sux zionix dix 109,331
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Rosa_Winkel 216,175
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi 21 min hiiiiii 32
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 22 min pusherman_ 511,526
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 23 min Rosa_Winkel 596,437
MICROSOFT OFFICE 2013 PERMANENT ACTIVATOR free ... (Nov '12) 33 min Jessic 29
Arthritis Pain 43 min andet1987 22
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Dusty Mangina 89,359
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 4 hr Hdogg07 213
teen snapchat nudes 4 hr Oscar 102
•••
•••
•••