Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#573128 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
For the time being and the near future, nano, I am going to ignore your posts. You are welcome to also ignore mine.
It's about fckg time!!!

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#573129 Dec 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You can "teach" us "ingrates" about christianity all you want - it doesn't matter, there is no justification for a so called perfect, merciful god condoning slavery. The circumstances do not matter, and in fact only make clear just how twisted your god's "morality" is, because he is necessarily responsible for the circumstances that required his judgement. He created the situation in which the "bad guys" persecuted the "chosen people." He delivered the chosen people from bondage, and then he gave his tacit approval of slavery by handing down guidelines for what you hilariously refer to as "mild slavery." How does that make any sense? It doesn't - you just need it to make sense so that you can consider your god moral even while knowing of his many immoral actions and words.
And it's funny that you basically accuse me of being closed minded. Provide me with evidence of your god, and I will have no choice but to believe. I doubt that you could claim that anything would convince you to leave christianity - you are indoctrinated so hard that you are inexplicably trying to defend slavery in the name of your god.
A tip - Trying to paint god as a moral agent who endorsed slavery is not the best way to get anyone to believe in your god.
Excellent.

I tip my hat to you.

ipi

Since: Dec 12

Norway

#573130 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That pretty well says what I have also said here several times. Based on the whole picture as depicted in the Bible, only a masochist would want to spend eternity with such a monster as is depicted especially in the Old Testament.
The Old Testament firmly states that if your child does not listen to you, or grant you the respect a parent should have, then you should take him to the out-lands and stone him to death..

Imagine that in modern society!
Oh wait... stoning actually still DOES happen

ipi

Since: Dec 12

Norway

#573131 Dec 13, 2012
In my fair opinion, and out of the life experience given me, I'm going to lash out an argument stating that the most judgmental religion I have ever met, is Christianity, with their parochial view.

And I've been a christian for 17 years, please don't tell me I have no idea what I'm talking about. I chose atheism because of this.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573132 Dec 13, 2012
ipi wrote:
<quoted text>
The Old Testament firmly states that if your child does not listen to you, or grant you the respect a parent should have, then you should take him to the out-lands and stone him to death..
That's true, but it has come to my attention that many devout people who follow the Bible 100% have still not stoned their disobedient children. Surely those parents are destined for the hottest place in that lake of fire.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#573133 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Excellent.
I tip my hat to you.
*tips hat*

Have you ever heard the story of the emperor's new clothes, by hans christian anderson? I think it might be relevant here.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#573134 Dec 13, 2012
ipi wrote:
<quoted text>
Truly - the good old days, indeed.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#573135 Dec 13, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
What about me, nano?
Do I not rise to the level of a condescending, know-it-all pryck?
I'm feeling neglected.
So'm I.

*snif*

“Seventh son”

Since: Dec 10

Will Prevail

#573136 Dec 13, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see now why you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever. Trust me, I do look for ways to see your way out of that demise, but you just keep on proving why you deserve the punishment you'll receive. I give up now on justifying an exit plan for you.
But you will be nothing but a flash in the pan.

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#573137 Dec 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Lol. God creates humans, gives them free will, surrounds them with temptations, and bases salvation around belief while withholding all evidence of his existence - and then punishes his creations for behaving exactly how he knew they would. Sounds legit.
In his image and all , so I surmise he must be a very flawed being
and tells lies!

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#573138 Dec 13, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>I eat babies.
Chicken abortions?

“Seventh son”

Will Prevail

#573139 Dec 13, 2012
Baby back ribs )>

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#573140 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a tic!
How is a lack of evidence considered substaniated by archaeology?
it waS not were the book said and it was not other places either it was in fact not anywhere

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#573141 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Ahem...I said "many", which may be a little bit of an exaggeration, still...
I'm sure there are quite a few men that never get good at it no matter how much they practice. Some are just naturals or maybe they simply try harder?
Are you talking tantric?

Location hidden

#573142 Dec 13, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
What an interesting question!!!!!!!
A breakthrough for anyone who might be trying to "convert" you (I assure you, I am no such person).
If you can believe the big bang "out of nothing"; why cant you believe the existence of God, who created Himself "out of nothing"?
Is it intellectual bias or just plain hatred for anything that even slightly involves God?
your imaginary god does not bother me one way or the other

I mean, it is silly, but you are welcome to it.

where the objection lies, is the behaviour of those who adopt belief in these vile philosophies.

Location hidden

#573143 Dec 13, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Neither I nor God have any real interest in seeing anyone burn anywhere at any time. Christians can hardly even agree on what hell truly is.
The bible says "The wicked shall be TURNED INTO hell, and all the nations that FORGET God" [Psalm 9:17]
That suggests that it is the person that BECOMES HELLISH in himself and in his mind; as opposed to being driven into literal physical fire.
But I think you are being dishonest in saying that you "donpt choose what I find believable".
YOU actually choose what to believe by describing the set of things that you find worthy of belief. How else do you justify the fact that you believe scientific concepts more than religious concept (if you believe any religious concepts at all)?
your mind is too damaged to understand correctly.

you form your beliefs upon emotionalism. rational skeptics do not.

rational skeptics evaluate

religitards believe

In the context that you employ the concept "belief"

Rational Skeptics do not believe anything.

I reject emotionalism as a way of knowing,
I also reject tribalism as a way of knowing.

I reject religion as a way of knowing

I find mythology interesting, but weak, and certainly not a path to knowledge

Location hidden

#573144 Dec 13, 2012
JOEL wrote:
SCIENCE - NO WHERE NEAR SOLVING THE QUESTION OF THE ORIGINS:
PART 1:
One of the greatest problems faced by the Big Bang theorists is that although they are attempting to explain the "origin of the universe," the origin they propose is mathematically indescribable.
According to the standard Big Bang theories, the initial condition of the universe was a point of infinitesimal circumference and infinite density and temperature.
An initial condition such as this is beyond mathematical description.
Nothing can be said about it.
Quite literally, therefore, the big bang theory is in trouble right from the very start.
While the difficulty about the initial singularity is ignored or glossed over in popular accounts of the big bang, it is recognized as a major stumbling block in the more technical accounts by scientists attempting to deal with its actual mathematical implications.
Stephen Hawking and G.F.R. ElliS in their authoritative book The Large Scale Structure of Space-Time point out:
"It seems to be a good principle that the prediction of a singularity by a physical theory indicates that the theory has broken down." They add, "The results we have obtained support the idea that the universe began a finite time ago. However the actual point of creation, the singularity, is outside the scope of presently known laws of physics."
Any explanation of the origin of the universe that begins with something physically indescribable as the initial singularity is certainly open to question.
The inflationary model of the universe provides a possible mechanism by which the observed universe could have evolved from an infinitesimal region.
The literal "nothing" is a hypothetical quantum- mechanical vacuum state occurring in a still-to-be-formulated ultimate grand unified theory combining the equations of both quantum mechanics and general relativity. In other words, this vacuum state cannot now be described, even theoretically.
However, physicists have already come up with a description of a simpler kind of quantum-mechanical vacuum state, which can be visualized as containing a sea of "virtual particles," atomic fragments that almost but not quite exist.
From time to time some of these subatomic particles pop out of the vacuum into material reality.
Such occurrences are called vacuum fluctuations.
The fluctuations cannot be directly observed, but theories based upon them have been corroborated by laboratory experiments. What theoretically occurs is that a particle and antiparticle appear without cause from the vacuum and almost instantaneously negate each other and disappear.
Physicists postulate that instead of just a tiny particle, the entire universe popped out of the vacuum. And instead of instantaneously disappearing, our universe has somehow persisted for billions of years.
I do tend to agree with you

the big bang is a religious hypothesis of the beginning of the universe.

and while there apears to be an event at T>/= 0 I do not think it describes the beginning of the universe, and I do expect that very soon it the BB will no longer be associated with the beginning of the universe.

Like most religious hypothesis the BB theory is of very limited interest or instruction.

“There is no such thing”

Since: May 08

as a reasonable person

#573145 Dec 13, 2012

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573146 Dec 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
what do you believe about the origin of everything and why do you believe what you believe?:)
I suspect that our universe budded from a multiverse. It seems most likely. Such a multiverse may have always existed uncreated, and it need not be conscious.

The least likely explanation for existence is a sentient, volitional, god serving the same role as the multiverse in the above. That is because the most complex life form imaginable is the east likely thing to exist uncreated.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#573147 Dec 13, 2012
God Himself wrote:
Christians can hardly even agree on what hell truly is.
You can't agree on much, which is why there are nearly 40,000 sects of Christianity.

But what difference does it make that you don't have a consensus about hell? You mostly all agree that it was a place your god built and stocked with some monsters that he also created, and a source of great torment for the souls that he keeps alive forever to suffer there.

And I haven't seen any of you say yet the obvious about how vicious a monster it takes to do that. Several of you seem to take delight in that idea right here in this thread.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min It aint necessari... 38,837
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min New Age Spiritual... 642,041
Play "end of the word" part 2 8 min Aussie Kev 1,744
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 42 min LAWEST100 618,449
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr here 104,780
---*PHOTO of ANTICHRIST 'seated' in TEMPLE 1 hr ImFree2Choose 2
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr dr shrink 44,474
More from around the web