Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573069 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I took it that you were being your usually boring boorish self, seriously.
And here you are, yet again, slipping into that role with your typical, essay length response.
I would consider reading and responding to you more if it were not for the lengthy rants. That, and your inability to ignore YD, makes you a tedious read.
I am wondering nano, if you haven't any human emotions. You seem like sort of cold robotic type person, who only sits back and tries to pick holes in other people. You did post to me, I think. So if I gave you too much info, then why bother reading it? I haven't quite figured out why you are here, as the best you seem to be able to do is to criticize other people.

Perhaps you need to try to find some feelings, and maybe you might have some experiences in your life that you feel inclined to ramble on about too.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573070 Dec 13, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, but it's probably my mistake in preparing posts
Oh, OK. Just making sure you weren't being sockpuppeted by the jackholes.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573071 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the epitomy of an athitard...
You're the epitomy of an IDIOT.

Location hidden

#573072 Dec 13, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Wow, Al, I have seen several of your photos, but someone I would not have figured that was how you would sound. Good video though. Perhaps a longer one would be even better. I put a video on youtube too; actually a couple.

One is of my mother singing at church, a solo, and she is 88, and the occasion was this past summer when my wife and I visited her for a few days. Since I haven't figured out how to put on just music, I made up a video of some photos in the background with about 3 songs that I recorded on my pc with the program audacity, and then put them all together with windows movie maker. My creation skills have a lot to be desired, but it is sort of fun working on it.

“A sentient umbrella speaks”

Since: Mar 11

Some stable somewhere

#573073 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Yeah well then you can always prove me wrong by demonstrating from ancient history where slavery was condemmed.
<quoted text> It was a fact of life in the ancient world. Besides you are setting pre conditions on God. You ignore the fact this life is between two time periods, where creation is in harmony with the Almighty and evil is isolated. i would expect you to be a little more clinical in your approach. The overall tone of your post is an appeal to emotion which amounts to disgust. That is not a good basis to make rational decisions. All a Christian claims is to be saved from this perverse generation and to call upon the Lord and be saved.
Australians did not have slaves from 40 000 years ago to present. It was not until Christians landed that the institution of slavery was introduced to them.

Papua New Guineans did not have slaves from 40 000 years ago to the present. It was not until Christians landed...etc. I could do this all over the world.

Polynesians had slaves though. They weren't Christian.

Putting limits on God? God is the product of human imagination. Whatever characters He has reflects the times of those writing about Him. Of course those who endorse slavery have a God who endorses slavery. Of course you, who doesn't endorse slaver, has a God who doesn't endorse slavery - and this is why those Biblical passages are so problematic for you.

You have to pretend that a perfect being was OK with slavery because "everyone was doing it" and that He couldn't instruct His "chosen people" otherwise. Being Omnipotent, He's just not powerful enough to get "slavery is bad" into His Holy writings.

It's just amazing to me how far believers will go to mentally justify their impossible ideas. You're an otherwise intelligent man, but you can't see through the problems in your own belief system. It's because you're on the inside looking out; you're trapped in a "within-system" way of understand the world that has its own rationalizations that pass themselves off as logic - and actually act as such, if you're in the system.

Outside, we can see the problems in your belief system. You can't have a perfectly moral, all powerful deity + condoning slavery. Those aren't logically possible.

Some stable somewhere

#573074 Dec 13, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
Why would you even say something like that since you know next to nothing about me? One poster says i have a monopoly on Christian morality and Hiding frefers to me as Satan! Well???? Which is it? It is not about me anyway. The source does not matter if the information is true. No matter what you think of me you need to know i do not want you or anybody here ending up in hell. Facing God with no Advocate.
hahaha! LB, you are not Satan. I was talking of all religions in general and using a metaphor.

Satan doesn't exist. It's just one of the Christian pantheon.

Some stable somewhere

#573075 Dec 13, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
spending too much time on topix.
religion, tribalism is easily seen as evolutionary, I think we are at the point where, on the cost benefit curve, that religion is a net cost, and will be eliminated by evolution. To the benefit of future generations (as usual lol)
on the question of religious delusion, I oscillate between pity for the victims of indoctrination to disgust for the lack of intellect implied by (abrahamic) belief.
may there be a rational and ethical future for the human race
oh
and --- god bless us ---- every one
Even five minutes is really too much time on Topix.

:)
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573076 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess those who don't believe there is a god, should consider ourselves lucky that we have mindless people, such as Loco, to paint a very bad picture of believers. Kind of the same effect that Fred Phelps has on other gay bashers; not many want to be associated with the likes of him.
I have even read posts from some of our worst resident hate mongers stating they have nothing to do with the likes of Phelps.
Other than having to find our way through their nonsense, perhaps they are doing us a favor.
Yes!
They are absolutely "doing us a favor" by SHOWING US how NOT to be such miserable spectacles of self-hatred like THEY are!
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573077 Dec 13, 2012
endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX&feature=plc p
Stop instigating armegeddon with this BULLSH!T, you MURDERER!
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573078 Dec 13, 2012
Darwin the Baptist wrote:
<quoted text>
'
Carefull... your opening statements are so utterly indefensible using logic that your whole persona could be shot. If you want to be a GOOD Troll try making statements that could actually, feasibly be *Believed* by someone with even half a brain.
You wouldn't want people to stop taking you seriously, would ya'?
[*wink*]
Peace
Heh heh heh heh heh heh...
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573079 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
When did I say that I could describe God?
Find the damn post or admit that you're a liar.
I don't have to find the post, YOU're the one who wrote the [email protected] thing, you oughta remember it!
Stop playing games and describe your indescribable god!
LET'S GO or admit that you can't describe an indescribable god.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573080 Dec 13, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Great response.
A great response for an indoctrinated minds like yourself who have been fed this lie...
I thought "god" couldn't die.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#573081 Dec 13, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. waiting patiently for Hazel ..
You too?

Location hidden

#573082 Dec 13, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks!:-)
Don't you dare flip this on me, first you reject me, then you have the nerve to blame me?:-(
Me reject you?? I may have said that due to my being married, I would not follow the natural path, that you would lead me on, but rejection, never.:) I do have a fear of a cruel violent death though, and even though my wife is only 4' 8" tall she would likely make sure I did not live much longer, if I did follow what nature would have me do.:)

Life can be so cruel.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#573083 Dec 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>

You have to pretend that a perfect being was OK with slavery because "everyone was doing it" and that He couldn't instruct His "chosen people" otherwise. Being Omnipotent, He's just not powerful enough to get "slavery is bad" into His Holy writings.
It's just amazing to me how far believers will go to mentally justify their impossible ideas. You're an otherwise intelligent man, but you can't see through the problems in your own belief system. It's because you're on the inside looking out; you're trapped in a "within-system" way of understand the world that has its own rationalizations that pass themselves off as logic - and actually act as such, if you're in the system.
Outside, we can see the problems in your belief system. You can't have a perfectly moral, all powerful deity + condoning slavery. Those aren't logically possible.
Very, very well stated.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573084 Dec 13, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"...and nothing will by any means hurt you" Jesus
we in the business of putting hurt on devils;)
You are in the business of deluding yourself.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573085 Dec 13, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep saying that 0-0=0.
Prove it.
What, you never learned how to subtract?

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#573086 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, Al, I have seen several of your photos, but someone I would not have figured that was how you would sound. Good video though. Perhaps a longer one would be even better. I put a video on youtube too; actually a couple.
One is of my mother singing at church, a solo, and she is 88, and the occasion was this past summer when my wife and I visited her for a few days. Since I haven't figured out how to put on just music, I made up a video of some photos in the background with about 3 songs that I recorded on my pc with the program audacity, and then put them all together with windows movie maker. My creation skills have a lot to be desired, but it is sort of fun working on it.
Haha! You mean my high, squeaky voice? did you expect me to sound like Cheech Marin? i thought about imitating James Earl Jones though!:)
I'd like to see some of your videos of you or your mom. I'm sure they'd be fun to watch!:)
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573087 Dec 13, 2012
Wednesday, 12/12/12

Riverside Redneck said:

"About 30 years ago, when I needed Him the most, God touched my head & spoke to me, literally. From that point on I had absolutely no doubt that He's real"

Here you are, describing the god you said was indescribable.

You would not be able to "describe" something if it's "indescribable".

"Literal" and "undescribable" are opposite concepts.

This makes your story a big fat lie.

Of course you're a lying hypocrite, like the typical religionist.

Location hidden

#573088 Dec 13, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! You mean my high, squeaky voice? did you expect me to sound like Cheech Marin? i thought about imitating James Earl Jones though!:)
I'd like to see some of your videos of you or your mom. I'm sure they'd be fun to watch!:)
Perhaps. Some a bit more Latino would have seemed what I would have figured, but usually I am a poor judge of people by what I see. Perhaps I will send you the links through another site that you and I are on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Zeus 56,326
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min Pad 649,890
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 10 min Toby 106,057
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Neville Thompson 281,475
Are you AFRAID to meet the Lord Jesus on Judgme... 1 hr doG adeDmn Hlyo r... 2
Israel End is Near (Feb '15) 1 hr Neville Thompson 429
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 2 hr andet1987 2,300
my cousin touches me when i am asleep and i kin... (Mar '14) 7 hr Jesus 47
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) Fri Noname 69
More from around the web