Prove there's a god.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#573095 Dec 13, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
hahaha! LB, you are not Satan. I was talking of all religions in general and using a metaphor.
Satan doesn't exist. It's just one of the Christian pantheon.
That explains Bob of QF's dementia.

“ad victoriam”

Since: Dec 10

arte et marte

#573096 Dec 13, 2012
JOEL wrote:
Actually, the consciousness is spread out all over the body but is centralized in the brain and is concentrated to an extent in a few force centers along the spine.
Mine expresses itself in the groin.

Location hidden

#573097 Dec 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Yes!
They are absolutely "doing us a favor" by SHOWING US how NOT to be such miserable spectacles of self-hatred like THEY are!
Yeah, you sound real balanced there, Elmer.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#573098 Dec 13, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
What religion is "Lucifer" a creation of then?
Duh ,, the I love Lucy cult?

Location hidden

#573099 Dec 13, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
There was eggs long before any chickens , just not chicken eggs.
God didn't do it , a dinosaur laid it.
The question is about whether the adult creature existed before the egg did, not about which animal laid the first one.
Tess

Lincoln, NE

#573101 Dec 13, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:..."Prove there's a god."

Okay...Do you exist or not?

If yes, there is a God who created you.

If not, no need to consider the subject.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573102 Dec 13, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Haha! You mean my high, squeaky voice? did you expect me to sound like Cheech Marin? i thought about imitating James Earl Jones though!:)
I'd like to see some of your videos of you or your mom. I'm sure they'd be fun to watch!:)
You should now be the first Topix poster to have a copy of my voice, as I have just sent the links to you. I am narcissistic so I might as well act the part.:) Hopefully they don't turn you off too much.

Location hidden

#573103 Dec 13, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I am wondering nano, if you haven't any human emotions. You seem like sort of cold robotic type person, who only sits back and tries to pick holes in other people. You did post to me, I think. So if I gave you too much info, then why bother reading it? I haven't quite figured out why you are here, as the best you seem to be able to do is to criticize other people.
Perhaps you need to try to find some feelings, and maybe you might have some experiences in your life that you feel inclined to ramble on about too.
Hypocrite!

You constantly insult people with the "low intelligence" comment like you think you are superior. Get real.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#573104 Dec 13, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you got that right..........satanic.
you know how you can tell who the satanic are? they are the ones trying to silence your voice on here if you mention God.
Atheists are horrible people. I have firsthand personal knowledge of that.

“ad victoriam”

arte et marte

#573105 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>The question is about whether the adult creature existed before the egg did, not about which animal laid the first one.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2004/11/...

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#573106 Dec 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>STOP
INSTIGATING ARMEGEDDON, you MURDERER!
That person seems to haunt this place, and for what purpose, other than to prove he/she is a jerk??

Location hidden

#573107 Dec 13, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Folks like what?
Those who give respect for respect given, like I do for Al because despite his beliefs he does not take on a condescending, know-it-all, evil tone unlike most of you religionists?
Yeah, the hypocrites must be your kind of "folks". Don't worry, [email protected], you have plenty of company.
You forgot to add IAN's and boooots' to your list of condescending, know-it-all prycks.

Just Results

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

#573108 Dec 13, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually, you can prove two types of negatives. I can prove that there is no elephant in my garage, and that there are no married bachelors in Massechusetts without even getting up.
The Christian god is analytically impossible inexactly the same way a married bachelor is, because it is also described in mutually conflicting ways.
For example, it is said to be perfect, but it has made many mistakes, such as rebellious angels and sinful man. An imperfect perfect god is as impossible as a married bachelor.
There a quite a few such mutually exclusive pairs of qualities attributed to this god that allows us to say with certainty that it doesn't exist. Here are some:
[1] An omniscient being that grants free will
[2] An omnipotent being incapable of being in the presence of sin
[3] A perfect being needing worship
[4] A perfect being that changes its mind
[5] A perfect being that makes mistakes or contradicts itself
[6] A perfect being that creates or alters anything
[7] A non-spacial being being omnipresent
[8] An all-loving, omnipotent being that allows suffering.
[9] A perfectly just being that punishes innocents like offspring.
[10] A merciful being that damns without hope of forgiveness from hell.
[11] Anything existing, persisting, thinking or acting outside of time. Those words all imply an interval of time.
As with the married bachelor, I don't even have to get out of my chair to rule that out. There may be gods out there, but no imperfect perfect ones.
I can see now why you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever. Trust me, I do look for ways to see your way out of that demise, but you just keep on proving why you deserve the punishment you'll receive. I give up now on justifying an exit plan for you.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573109 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I don't recall any claim of something from nothing in the Christian bible.
Do you have a quotation from it?
The start of Genesis. "In the beginning god created..." you know the rest.
"God said 'Let there be light' and there was light."

POOF! Light, out of nowhere.

"God said 'let dry land appear, divide the waters, etc, etc, etc...'"

POOF! The Earth, out of nowhere.

"God said 'Let US make man in OUR image'".

POOF! "God" is now a sculptor with partners, or advisors who suddenly has an "image of man". Out of nowhere.

Now, notice, nano, that "god" said "let US make man in OUR own image" NOT "let ME make man in MY own image".

Someone else was there besides "god". Who was it? Who was with "god" at the beginning?

ipi

Since: Dec 12

Norway

#573110 Dec 13, 2012
If there existed a mercy God, He would forgive me for not believing in Him, and He would understand the why I chose not to.

If not...
Then he wouldn't be a God I would spend the eternity with.

I'm an atheist.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573111 Dec 13, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Atheists are horrible people. I have firsthand personal knowledge of that.
They're only "horrible" to you because you're pissed off they won't toe your line and believe the lie that you do.
People like YOU are the REAL horror.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573112 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to add IAN's and boooots' to your list of condescending, know-it-all prycks.
Nope. They didn't make that list, YOU did, you condescending, know-it-all pryck.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573113 Dec 13, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
I can see now why you are going to Hell to burn forever and ever. Trust me, I do look for ways to see your way out of that demise, but you just keep on proving why you deserve the punishment you'll receive. I give up now on justifying an exit plan for you.
The only hell is the one inside of you.
Keep your hell to yourself, Just Results in Self-Inflicted Hell.

Since: Sep 10

Hermosa Beach, CA

#573114 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You forgot to add IAN's and boooots' to your list of condescending, know-it-all prycks.
What about me, nano?

Do I not rise to the level of a condescending, know-it-all pryck?

I'm feeling neglected.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#573115 Dec 13, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, you sound real balanced there, Elmer.
How would YOU know what "balance" is like with your indoctrinated brain?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
the BIGGEST "LIE" LAPD's Tom Lange EVER told! 58 min Doctor REALITY 5
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 58 min River Tam 104,533
News Michael Jackson's doctor: 'I told the truth' (Aug '09) 1 hr Spotted Wee 394
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr RiversideRedneck 672,928
Speedway- Have You Purchased a Money order and... (Sep '09) 6 hr Neil1210 28
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 hr bad bob 184,571
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 12 hr Holy Child Jehova... 445,843
More from around the web