Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Evolution doesn't speak to abiogenesis. Yes, all life is related, ultimately to one population of replicators, then single celled organisms. You can see that in the shared genetics the above categories have - some of the genes, some of the metabolism overlap. None of the mutations, though.
Even still, the theory of evolution doesn't explain how life arose. The theory of abiogenesis doesn't explain, or purport to explain, how genes in gene pools change over time.
"Evolution doesn't speak to abiogenesis."

But evolution says that ALL life evolved from ONE single cell organism...

Evolution & abiogenesis are interconnected.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's true. Santa is a lie told only to children.
The resurrection is a lie told to anyone who will listen. I pity the believers.
The reurrection isn't a lie, who told you that?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hide behind the religion of atheism?
Naaaaaaw.......
Are you saying all priests are atheists?

Since when did non belief in a deity become a religion? Come on I am eager to hear you explanation for your stupid comment

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so put out. I didn't question your patriotism.
The first comment you responded to reminded you that Europeans wiped out the native Americans. Your comment said you didn't care. That's a might makes right comment, an "ends justifies the means" comment. Your "I don't care" means "I don't want to know the repercussions of history, the lessons we need to learn, why our world is as it is.
I'm sorry you fail to realize this.
No, silly. I said nothing of history except for my own - my family lineage, nothing more.

Don't read into it.

I don't care where my ancestors came from. Because they had ancestors & their ancestors had ancestors, ad infinitum.

I understand what Europeans did to the Indians. I've read plenty of history books. That doesn't pertain to me personally, though.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's what you'd do if you were a small penised heterosexual who couldn't get off from a vagina.
lol

even stephen
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You can answer these questions yourself, too, and maybe (a BIG maybe) you'll get some perspective.
But I don't hold out much hope for someone that wants to call himself "god". A person like you has already crossed the crazy bridge into BALALALALALALALALALALand!
Let's take your ice cream exampl: If ice cream can have so many different flavors, why can't "god"?
After all, we can say "we believe in god" but confict begins if it's the "wrong" god (different from somebody else's "god").
But humans don't go to war and kill people over ice cream, like they do over the idea of a "god", do they?
No.
Dude, you're not even making sense to yourself.
No wonder your crazy @ss is locked up! It's where you belong!
Religion is no different from science; both spell disaster when the wrong people get involved.

The expression "humans don't go to war and kill people over ice cream, like they do over the idea of a "god", do they" is a joke.

None of the things you are talking about have anything to do with the existence of God.

You keep referring to morality, as if morality has anything to do with existence in and of itself. Get a grip man.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Sometimes you should.
I hold spiders in my hand. I let them rest in my hair.
My classmates think I'm weird. Go figure.
Attagirl.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
your perspective is limited by your intellect
your ego, may encompass all of that which you consider reality, but I live and find meaning independent of your ego.
and to be clear
neither your ego nor your god need, create or define a god.
You also live and find meaning independent of scientific fact which you so vehemently defend.

Does that make you a liar, a fool, a hypocrite or just a f&$king retard?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

JOEL wrote:
JESUS ADVOCATED VIOLENCE, SECTARIANISM & FANATICISM:
i can understand the naked violence and bloodshed and hatred and sectarianism indulged in by YHVH, the Hebrew pagan deity. But, for the exalted Prince of Peace, Jesus, to exhibit bigotry and advocate violence is a big shock:
1)“36…… and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.”
- Luke, 22/36
2) Christ also declared in the New Testament (Matthew, 10/34) that he has come not for peace but to wield a sword.
3) Jesus also says in another chapter of the New Testament (John, 15/6) that one who does not seek shelter in him, will be thrown like a withered branch of tree fit to be burnt in fire.
4) Christ categorically says in the New Testament (Mark, 16/16) that he who believes and is baptized, shall be saved, while he who does not believe (in Christ and Christianity) shall be damned.
5)“27. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me.” Luke, 19/27
What kind of a Prince of Peace was Jesus? LOL.
do you really think you can sell that hype simply by extracting snippets of scriptures out of context? how deceitful you are.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you know the word "materteral"? It's the female counterpart of avuncular.
No, I'd not come across that one. Thanks!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
they celebrate the same pagan day as do we, they merely lie about the reason to celebrate.
most of them have no idea, at all, that their god was born in the image of a sun god.
This I know and this is what I am trying to get RR to understand. I know, I know, an impossible task but I am willing to try

The history of their god can be traced back through the exodus to Amenhotep IV
(Akhenaten) and his worship of the Aten (Ra), the sun god and you are quite correct, most o them have no idea.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I had to google the story as your link only gave me a page with a lot of advertising and titles on it, but I did find the ABC story. It seems Ballard thinks he can prove, which others have already believed, that a major flood did occur in the Black Sea area, which could have been caused by an increase in water levels which caused the water to rush into the Black Sea area or generally the area of the Bible stories, burying towns etc, in that area.
Ballard believes that this might then "prove" that the story of Noah's Flood was based on legends about a real flood which covered a small part of a small part of the earth.
Some of the above was put into my own words for lack of memory of what I read.
Ballard is not going to prove that Noah's Flood actually occurred nor is that his intention. He just wants to see if the myth was based on a real flood of a smaller area, which, I thought, has already been proved anyway.
We still know from lots of other archeological and geological findings, and through scientific calculations that the Noah's Flood did not ever occur on the planet Earth after life started here. The earth at some point in the beginning may have all been molten so at that time it would have been 'flooded' with molten metals, etc.
again if you are able to watch the 2 part program on ABC Dec 28th you just might learn somethings you weren't aware of.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO, the atheist defines the theist.....
Nice.
Except you're wrong.
I'm not wrong.

Every belief you have concerning your deity is based upon the bible.

Without the bible you would not have your deity belief.

The bible is a book of myth.

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Moron.
It's completely realated. Darwin's Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor: the birds and the bananas, the fishes and the flowers -- all related.
Which, as you were told, has bugger-all to do with abiogenesis.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The article doesn't say his discoveries prove a world wide flood.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-sug...
It does say Ballard is attempting to prove a world wide flood, but that the area he is looking at is thought to have been affected by a localized flood that occurred when the Mediterranean Sea flooded the Black Sea region. The shells and coral date to 5000BCE, but the oldest artifact he has discovered so far dates to 500BCE.
Additionally...
Here are some problems for the biblical "world wide" flood.
5th millennium BCE in North American history
http://en.wikipedia.org
List of archaeological periods (North America)
/wiki/List_of_archaeological_p eriods_%28North_America%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_millennium_B...
5th millennium BC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_millennium_B...
Badari culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badari_culture
Merimde culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merimde
Those aren't all inclusive, and just represent a few if Ballard is trying to assert a 5000BCE date for the biblical flood.
<quoted text> The link you provided above does not link to the story you are speaking of.
Why do theists have such a difficult time copying links and pasting them properly?
There is no argument based on the archaeological evidence, unless you are an Abrahamic theist.
as i suggested to boots, you might want to watch the 2 part program on ABC Dec 28th at 9PM ET
you MIGHT learn some things you didn't know about.

He has already carbon dated things there to approx 5,000 BC which puts it at the time frame of Noah's flood.
He said the earth was covered in ice at one time.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Another science hater brought to you courtesy of Jesus, Inc.
No, science is NOT about fairness. It's about discovering the laws and other features of the physical world using a particular method.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't care if there were a historical Jesus. How would that matter to me? That only matters to somebody who insists that a magic man named Jesus actually existed. And actual Jesus does nothing at all for that claim any more than an actual Jerusalem, Pilate and Rome do.
Its not that Jesus didn't really exist, but rather that he doesn't mean anything to you. Thats what I am seeing here.

So what now: that which doesnt mean anything to you does not exist?

You are a liar, and the generation of the Chief Liar and the Satan (i.e. an obstacle).

Even your stance as an atheist stinks of Lucifarianism; do you have omniscience so that you can assert that a thing cannot be proven or does not exist?

You piece if shit.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
The typical bible-college b.s.
God is so great it's impossible for you to disprove. My dad can beat up your dad, or what ever way you want to say it.
God is so much better than you, you can't grasp him. Mindless drivel
the evidence of God can be seen.

Creation, did not create itself.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy...
The ole "ancient pagan holiday" routine, huh?
HA HA HA HA!!!
Hey Chris, prove it.
My goodness you really are incredibly think today. Why do you think the Puritans banned christmas in 1659? Reason, because of it’s pagan origins

You could try googling “pagan origins of Christmas” but hey, I’ll do it for you, here are about 4.5 million websites on the origins
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&a...

Note that many of those websites are religious sites and church sites

There ya go consider it proved HA HA HA HA!!!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

<quoted text>
What people? Josephus? Characters in the bible? What testimony are considering evidence of the existence of a historical Jesus?
<quoted text>
Stunt?
What was your point with that? What do you think happened there? Dawkins called Jesus myth and fantasy, then agreed that the matter was "under dispute," that it wasn't "a very important question," and then said that most historians - or most ancient historians - thought Jesus was a real person. I didn't hear any apology from Dawkins, nor do I see what he would have to apologize for.
The fact that he didnt even apologise shows how utterly vile he is.

How can the bastard make an assertion like that?

How can Jesus be a fantasy when " most historians - or most ancient historians - thought Jesus was a real person"?

BTW, what does the fact that the historians were ancient have to do with the validity of the material they report?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

<quoted text>
Nonsense.
You probably should know that we don't take our scientific instruction from amateurs in science, most especially Christians ones. Your antiscientific agenda is well known.
Are you saying that science can be built on a negative argument; yes or no?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 543,621 - 543,640 of716,758
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

377 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 14 min danetoo 114,651
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 31 min Lab28 223,215
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 45 min MUQ1 36,412
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Chess Jurist 530,167
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Aura Mytha 598,774
Being Gay is not wrong! (Mar '07) 2 hr andet1987 168
Why America is a beautiful nation 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr WildWeirdWillie 171,459
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr AussieBobby 255,732
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 3 hr amy 63
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••