JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572806 Dec 12, 2012
THE CONSCIOUSNESS IN HUMAN BEINGS is centralized in the brain but several centres of consciousness exist at different points of the nervous system that act in an individual capacity.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572807 Dec 12, 2012
Bye, boyz.

(smiles)

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#572808 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ask a question or make a statement? I'll choose the former.
Yes, assisting in the capture of a murderous terrorist is a moral thing because the murdering terrorist is not doing moral deeds.
No, the capture, trial & execution of Jesus was not the moral thing to do. The Romans saw Jesus as a great threat to them. The 300 years following Jesus' execution & subsequent following of people to Jesus' name ruined the Roman Empire.
so, you believe that the Roman Empire was ruined by christianity.
pearl

Layton, UT

#572809 Dec 12, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>Atheists are evil. They adore wickedness. That's why they hate the 10 commandments. They think killing is good.
That's why one of them shot up and killed a bunch of folks in Oregon yesterday. At least the atheist killed himself.
Was the 9/11 tradgedy caused by atheists? Was Timothy McVeigh atheist? Is the KKK atheist. Nope, all monotheists. And btw, evil is something that you monotheists have to live with, since you made that up also.

Location hidden

#572810 Dec 12, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, he has, but his stated purpose to to try to see if a flood there might have led to people passing down tales of a Black Sea flood, which someone later devised the story of Noah's Ark, using that real flood as the idea which he/she developed the Flood myth from. He has not stated he is trying to prove that Noah's Flood did occur.
oh

do not explain it to her

this will be like the giants

her confirmation bias will allow her to read the opposite of the text if that is what it takes to get her confirmation fix.

Let us watch the formation of dogma and belief, let us see the evolution, do not disturb the godbot in its' nest.
pearl

Layton, UT

#572811 Dec 12, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
If they are not hypocritical, they are at work. This Christmas is on Tuesday. They should be working. In fact, they should be working 7 days a week since they don't honor the Sabbath either.
Atheists are bigoted liars and I spit on atheists when I get the chance..
When you spit on atheists, does that make you a special kind of christian or a typical christian?

Location hidden

#572812 Dec 12, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Ar Ar.
Now we're getting somewhere.
They borrowed and took from a variety of earlier and preexisting cultural/societal myths and traditions.
The bible is a collection of those earlier culturally assimilated myths and traditions from other peoples, not Hebrew.
The deity,'Yahweh", for instance, had origins in Canaanite deity beliefs and practices.
el the god of war

very little changes

Location hidden

#572813 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
whence? ok.
How do you know that we're not a creation? Tell me one thing that is not created. Just one.
Oh, a watch definately necessitate an intelligent designer. Why wouldn't humans? Trees? Rocks? Gravity? Heat? Cold?
well, gosh.

no exceptions?
pearl

Layton, UT

#572814 Dec 12, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Wal-Mart is putting some significant effort into the "green movement". I didn't know until recently, but they are either the biggest or one of the biggest users of solar energy in the US.
The reason I'm happy about that, is not because I like Wal-Mart, but because they are setting a good example and showing other (better) companies that investing in alternative energy is worthwhile.
How about they invest in some fire extinguishers, and treat their workers like humans.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#572815 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Now I'm defo not going to drink! ;-)
Do I have to wear a dress or something?
I do think you should wear something.

It's gonna be very cold, and there's only so much I can do to keep you warm.

But don't worry, anything bright and colorful will do.

We can go shopping, or window shopping at Harrods.

Lots of people from your homeland will be there!

Location hidden

#572816 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my....
A cartoon of Santa...
That's proof!
I thought it was jesus in the manger, with the 3 wise men and the shepherds tending their flock.

Location hidden

#572817 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So you think that all Christians follow a false messiah?!?
I think you're confusing Judaism with Christianity a bit too much.
I think you have almost zero knowledge of the history of the christian religion

Location hidden

#572818 Dec 12, 2012
Michael wrote:
<quoted text>
You only believed it was God, because you wanted to believe it was God.
UNBELIEVABLE!
I have been told, that a full small cup and a full large cup are equally full

RR has a small cup, almost anything is sufficient to fill it.

Location hidden

#572819 Dec 12, 2012
Anon wrote:
<quoted text>
Amazing that god only appears during bouts of deep trauma and never visits when things are going well.
the god prefers the ignorant, the unintelligent, the desperate, the immoral.

the central question to ask, if the god is moral, why would it reveal itself to a piece of shit, like a christian, but not reveal itself to honest, moral persons.

Location hidden

#572820 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You do not have sufficient evidence to conclude that God is false (0).
If you do, share it with the world.......
he chose you as a spokesman

finis

no god

Location hidden

#572821 Dec 12, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Exactly right, the burden of proof is on you who claims there is no God. I am not making any claims to you. Your life is for you to suck over.
If you are concerned about a person who claims there is a God, then go see AL. If not, then go play your game with a fish.
What's wrong lil fella, what claim have I made?
You claimed that there was no God or gods, now yu back up your claim. Where's the evidence for YOUR claim, and produce it now or go whine a river of delusion.
We are waiting..........you got nothing....ding.......times up.....FLUSH....
the nonexistent claims for the reality of the god render it unbelievable

christianity is a failed moral system.

good persons reject such evil

Location hidden

#572822 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Not according to legend.
I can't think of another character in fiction or history that charged with capital crimes - the Hebrew Sanhedron followed by Pilate and the Romans - on two completely unrelated sets of charges - blasphemy, then treason - and sentenced to die by both. Certainly not Bundy or Manson.
Was everybody picking on him?
there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal jesus the christ

Location hidden

#572823 Dec 12, 2012
go rilla wrote:
why do atheists resent people christians so much? I understand there are some bigots out there but some are really good people and if they live according to the bible they shouldn't point fingers and irritate anyone. i think atheists like you are that like to antagonize are bigots
the fallen, the christian, beg for tolerance of their bigotry and hate in the name of the one person somewhere, who might be both a christian and a worth while person.

How About An Introduction?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572824 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

there is no evidence of the execution of the criminal Jesus the Christ
Why do you call Jesus a criminal?

Moses, David, Lot, Joshua, Elijah and other Hebrew patriarchs fit the bill of "criminal-minded mass murderers" perfectly.

Location hidden

#572825 Dec 12, 2012
curious george wrote:
do atheist celebrate Christmas? it seems like double trouble to me since it's a pagan holiday turned christian :P
some celebrate saturnalia

some the yule

some the solstice

some the filthy christ

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 9 min lovewithin 40,448
Bridge-of-Love - Russian Dating 12 min Josephine 1
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min confrinting with ... 589,409
Mark Fuhrman PLANTED the glove @ Simpson's estate 19 min Doctor REALITY 24
avandia 2014 (Jan '14) 35 min Sumac 344
sexy girl want to Skype fun Skype: dilinazi20 36 min grandview461 6
Why are white people so hateful, emptyminded an... (Sep '10) 47 min Guest 177
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 49 min Lyndi 176,767
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr 9inchstud 4,087
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Aura Mytha 271,266
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 12 hr The swamiji 7,155
More from around the web