JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572567 Dec 12, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

My idea of Salvation involves the influence of God in removing what is valid from what is unnecessary; as in the restoration of the true self to its true place, away from the confines of this material prison.

Your idea of Salvation, especially the one you suggest that is independent of God (if you said so ) is fundamentally Lucifarian in nature.
Your idea of salvation is fictitious.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572568 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness you really are incredibly think today. Why do you think the Puritans banned christmas in 1659? Reason, because of it’s pagan origins
You could try googling “pagan origins of Christmas” but hey, I’ll do it for you, here are about 4.5 million websites on the origins
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&a...
Note that many of those websites are religious sites and church sites
There ya go consider it proved HA HA HA HA!!!
Christmas (Old English: meaning "Christ's Mass") is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ and a widely observed holiday, celebrated generally on December 25 by billions of people around the world.

It IS the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth.

It WAS various holidays.

Christianity has molded the world.

I get the last HA HA HA !!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572569 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idea that salvation is fictitious is your opinion.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#572570 Dec 12, 2012
WalterJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simple. Every creation must have a creator. Have you seen anything that created automatically or no one or nothing behind that creation? I think No.. So we all are creation from a creator.
Can you create anything? No, you can only change appearance in a simple environment.
Where you come from? you will say that from your Fa and Ma than go subsequently previous generation. What will come? where come from first human?
Issue with the watchmaker argument... How do you know that we are a "creation". Religion tells you so. How do you separate a God from a creation? From whence did the God come from?

Location hidden

#572571 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I salivate over salvation.

Location hidden

#572572 Dec 12, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the evidence of God can be seen.
Creation, did not create itself.
Then what did create creation? And what created that which created creation? Who says it's "creation"? Religion?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572573 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, scar.
How did the early Christians have a belief when they had no bible?
Why did the early Christians risk Roman capture, torture & execution so they could follow Jesus' teachings?
How did the Hebrews worship & know God, they had no bible.
You're wrong. Without the bible, God is still present.
Thanks, Ar Ar.

Now we're getting somewhere.

They borrowed and took from a variety of earlier and preexisting cultural/societal myths and traditions.

The bible is a collection of those earlier culturally assimilated myths and traditions from other peoples, not Hebrew.

The deity,'Yahweh", for instance, had origins in Canaanite deity beliefs and practices.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572574 Dec 12, 2012
DEFINITION OF AN ATHEIST:

An atheist is one who sees himself and the universe as clumps of insentient matter with blind forces and random processes and the game of chance somehow serving as guiding principles that he thinks make up for his total lack of knowledge about the nature of reality as seen in his ignorance regarding the question of origins concerning universe and being and purpose of existence.

Location hidden

#572575 Dec 12, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Its not that Jesus didn't really exist, but rather that he doesn't mean anything to you. Thats what I am seeing here.
So what now: that which doesnt mean anything to you does not exist?
You are a liar, and the generation of the Chief Liar and the Satan (i.e. an obstacle).
Even your stance as an atheist stinks of Lucifarianism; do you have omniscience so that you can assert that a thing cannot be proven or does not exist?
You piece if shit.
Lucifer is a creation of the minds of abrahamic religions and doesn't mean anything to those who don't follow those religions. Why would an atheist or agnostic care what you have to say about lucifer as much as you care about someone's opinion of Hades?

Location hidden

#572576 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
DEFINITION OF AN ATHEIST:
An atheist is one who sees himself and the universe as clumps of insentient matter with blind forces and random processes and the game of chance somehow serving as guiding principles that he thinks make up for his total lack of knowledge about the nature of reality as seen in his ignorance regarding the question of origins concerning universe and being and purpose of existence.
Did you make that up or find it on a religious website?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572577 Dec 12, 2012
DEFINITION OF A BELIEVER:

A believer is one who blindly believes in his extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic and creationist G-d or God as narrated by his scripture and who rushes to defend his faith or co-religionists like a rabid dog pouncing on anyone invading his shallow turf and whose idea of worship is mumbo jumbo rituals.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572578 Dec 12, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Issue with the watchmaker argument... How do you know that we are a "creation". Religion tells you so. How do you separate a God from a creation? From whence did the God come from?
whence? ok.

How do you know that we're not a creation? Tell me one thing that is not created. Just one.

Oh, a watch definately necessitate an intelligent designer. Why wouldn't humans? Trees? Rocks? Gravity? Heat? Cold?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572579 Dec 12, 2012
scambuster wrote:
Then what did create creation?
God
And what created that which created creation?
God
Who says it's "creation"?
God
Religion?
No, God
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572580 Dec 12, 2012
DEFINITION OF A REALIST:

A realist is one who takes his firm stand on higher reason and deep intuition and who relies on tangibles like consciousness and energy to explain the nature of the totality of nature and being that he sees or realizes are simply graduated effects of a unified field of consciousness-energy that work according to causation.

Location hidden

#572581 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
whence? ok.
How do you know that we're not a creation? Tell me one thing that is not created. Just one.
Oh, a watch definately necessitate an intelligent designer. Why wouldn't humans? Trees? Rocks? Gravity? Heat? Cold?
I don't know dude... I'm just wondering how some people can be so certain either way!
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572582 Dec 12, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>

Did you make that up or find it on a religious website?
It's my own definition.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572583 Dec 12, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, Ar Ar.
Now we're getting somewhere.
They borrowed and took from a variety of earlier and preexisting cultural/societal myths and traditions.
The bible is a collection of those earlier culturally assimilated myths and traditions from other peoples, not Hebrew.
The deity,'Yahweh", for instance, had origins in Canaanite deity beliefs and practices.
Don't change your tune, scar scar.

You said there'd be no religion without the Bible.

But there WAS Christianity before the Bible.

You act like you assume the Bible has always been...

The oldest known inscription of the Yahweh dates to 840 BC, on the Mesha Stele. It bears the earliest certain extra-biblical reference to the Israelite god Yahweh.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572584 Dec 12, 2012
DEFINITION OF SCIENCE:

What we call science is nothing else but an inferential study and the manipulation of the surface effects of deeper causes that far exceed the shallow scope of science and its trail and error methods and deductive analyses.
hah

Marlinton, WV

#572585 Dec 12, 2012
If I were not an atheist, I would believe in a God who would choose to save people on the basis of the totality of their lives and not the pattern of their words. I think he would prefer an honest and righteous atheist to a TV preacher whose every word is God, God, God, and whose every deed is foul, foul, foul.
I would also want a God who would not allow a Hell. Infinite torture can only be a punishment for infinite evil, and I don't believe that infinite evil can be said to exist even in the case of Hitler. Besides, if most human governments are civilized enough to try to eliminate torture and outlaw cruel and unusual punishments, can we expect anything less of an all-merciful God?
I feel that if there were an afterlife, punishment for evil would be reasonable and of a fixed term. And I feel that the longest and worst punishment should be reserved for those who slandered God by inventing Hell.

To be sure, the Bible contains the direct words of God. How do we know? The Moral Majority says so. How do they know? They say they know and to doubt it makes you an agent of the Devil or, worse, a Lbr-l Dm-cr-t. And what does the Bible textbook say? Well, among other things it says the earth was created in 4004 BC (Not actually, but a Moral Majority type figured that out three and a half centuries ago, and his word is also accepted as inspired.) The sun was created three days later. The first male was molded out of dirt, and the first female was molded, some time later, out of his rib. As far as the end of the universe is concerned, the Book of Revelation (6:13-14) says: "And the stars of heaven fell unto the earth, even as a fig tree casteth her untimely figs, when she is shaken of a mighty wind." … Imagine the people who believe such things and who are not ashamed to ignore, totally, all the patient findings of thinking minds through all the centuries since the Bible was written. And it is these ignorant people, the most uneducated, the most unimaginative, the most unthinking among us, who would make themselves the guides and leaders of us all; who would force their feeble and childish beliefs on us; who would invade our schools and libraries and homes. I personally resent it bitterly.

If you suspect that my interest in the Bible is going to inspire me with sudden enthusiasm for Judaism and make me a convert of mountain&#8208;moving fervor and that I shall suddenly grow long earlocks and learn Hebrew and go about denouncing the heathen — you little know the effect of the Bible on me. Properly read, it is the most potent force for atheism ever conceived.

There are many aspects of the universe that still cannot be explained satisfactorily by science; but ignorance only implies ignorance that may someday be conquered. To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.

-Asimov
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572586 Dec 12, 2012
CORRECTION:

DEFINITION OF A REALIST:

A realist is one who takes his firm stand on higher reason and deep intuition and who relies on tangibles like consciousness and energy to explain THE totality of nature and being that he sees or realizes are simply graduated effects of a unified field of consciousness-energy that work according to causation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min KayMarie 550,602
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 7 min RFD 3,775
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 11 min BenAdam 602,726
Ebola and Bacterial Menengitis - FEMA Camps wai... 12 min yon 7
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 18 min Toby 96,392
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 23 min ChromiuMan 5,563
Eat a variety of veggies for a healthier you 34 min mohcinovic 1
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 39 min Catcher1 174,521
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 39 min Dr_Zorderz 262,040

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE