Comments
543,581 - 543,600 of 733,126 Comments Last updated 11 min ago
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572524 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called special pleading. Everything else is subject to laws that you need to have apply to justify your god's, including the universe itself, except your god, who you also need to have excused from these laws. If those rules are valid, then let it be the singularity or the multiverse that needs no cause...
Is it special pleading?

Is man subject to the algorithms used in programming; or does he use them for the sake of convenience?

Cause and effects is only a means used by God to "interphase" or interact with the natural world.

God himself is independent of the physical world therefore He is not subject to the laws of the physical world (cause and effects).

Thats not special pleading; its common observation and critical thinking.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#572525 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
WTF?
Where'd you come up with the "might makes right" BS based off of my response?
I AM proud to be American.
Don't be so put out. I didn't question your patriotism.

The first comment you responded to reminded you that Europeans wiped out the native Americans. Your comment said you didn't care. That's a might makes right comment, an "ends justifies the means" comment. Your "I don't care" means "I don't want to know the repercussions of history, the lessons we need to learn, why our world is as it is.

I'm sorry you fail to realize this.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#572526 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
religion promotes tribalism
we can do better, and we shall.
here's how it's gonna go, karl:

the peeps who don't like God will eventually band together under a smooth talking world renoun politician. he will be everything to everyone in the beginning of his prominence and deceive even the foolish christians. when he gets enough power & no longer needs the people groups he hates (Jews and Christians specifically), he will turn on them, incarcerating and killing them. however, the whole world will be going through an upheavil like never before in every way immaginable. God will use this time to bring the world to a clear decision (aka armegeddon); choose God or the devil/antichrist. this will only last a few years until God brings it to a screeching hault through judgement.

i'm not at all confused about this, karl. now, you don't hafta be either....

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#572527 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Spit on me? lol
If I was an atheist, I'd spit on your butthole just before poking it.
No, that's what you'd do if you were a small penised heterosexual who couldn't get off from a vagina.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#572528 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are far too kind
evolution gives us empathy and ethics, religion removes them and replaces them with xenophobia, paranoia, and christian morals.
RR is merely a (buck based) troll, but he does well represent the vile, ugly, failed morality that is christianity.
Hey, thanks.

I see religion as a product of evolution. It cannot be otherwise.

RR's not quite like Buck. Buck had a charming sense of humor, RR has a different, drunken sense of humor. RR seems to understand evolution better than Buck. Buck seems to understand some parts of philosophy and religion better than RR.

In my opinion.

How're you doing, Karl?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#572529 Dec 12, 2012
Ok, cheers.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#572530 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong?
Like what?
A few things... One of them that I can think of right now is that the bible states that a rabbit chews it's cud.
Flagler Beach

Pell City, AL

#572531 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
LOL. "Erections are actually Satan's boner demons possessing a man's penis."
I think we need to revisit the meaning of this scripture in the light of that revelation:
"Jesus turned and said to Peter, "Get behind me, Satan!" -
Matthew 16:23
You, too, Dick!
This is why I have no feelings of shame or remorse in the delight of knowing that human filth like you will burn eternally in a lake of fire.

Another reason is because of that Oregon atheist that went on a shooting rampage , exercising the teachings of the hate cult of atheism.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572532 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I'll also bet that you don't know that in the context of Genesis, ereb & boqer translate into a "vision" that covers many years, not a literal day...
I doubt it.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572533 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Don't you Christians tell us that your god wants to be known and loved very much? If so, it was extremely shrewd of such a god to go into hiding, give man the faculty of reason and doubt, fail to answer prayer whenever it is studied scientifically, write a bad bible, and stock the world with stratified fossils and nested hierarchies of molecular and anatomical structures.
<quoted text>
Your thinking is inscrutable to me. This reasoning is so tortured as to be unintelligible. Oppression is hiding from me, and then sending me to hell for being fooled.
<quoted text>
A second ago, I was told that being shown your god would be oppressive. Apparently, that was expedient then.
Now, you depict the god as being as obvious as water to a horse dragged to a watering hole so that you can blame me for not accepting the claim that it exists. That's expedient now.
Typical for apologetics.
"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey
The Chief Servant of God (Jesu) said "This is the work of God; that you believe on Him and Whom He has Sent".

Your Christians may have told you that their "god wants to be known and loved very much"; did I tell you that?

On the note of God "hiding": for God (Omnipotence) to be revealed to a man would be like connecting the man to a 200000000000000 volt circuit and then just flipping the switch on... not very healthy.

God does not hide as such; he is in a state that is compatible with our material existence in His Presence.

I say that "one can lead a horse to water etc" because men have to capacity to evaluate and calculate things that are far removed from a range that his physical senses can detect.

We have the mental capacity to appreciate the reality of God; but if you fail to use yours to appreciate Him, what should we/He do, burn you at the stake?

The best way to dispose of an unresponsive element is to let its unresponsiveness exclude it from the progressive influences. Go on not giving a f*&k; you'll get rid of yourself for us that way.

Since: Jun 12

Birmingham, AL

#572534 Dec 12, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
It is simple. Every creation must have a creator. Have you seen anything that created automatically or no one or nothing behind that creation? I think No.. So we all are creation from a creator.

Can you create anything? No, you can only change appearance in a simple environment.

Where you come from? you will say that from your Fa and Ma than go subsequently previous generation. What will come? where come from first human?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572535 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
You seem frustrated. You seem committed to calling the lives of those who won't validate your choices meaningless.
As I've said, your philosophy is not appealing at all. It's not healthy. It's dead on a cross.
If taht is the case, then That which died o nthe cross has resurrected itself in your sciences:

"Some people think that the sciences can stand apart from philosophy, that the scientist should actually avoid philosophising, the latter often being understood as groundless and generally vague theorising. If the term philosophy is given such a poor interpretation, then of course anyone would agree with the warning "Physics, beware of metaphysics!" But no such warning applies to philosophy in the higher sense of the term. THE SPECIFIC SCIENCES CANNOT AND SHOULD NOT BREAK THEIR CONNECTIONS WITH TRUE PHILOSOPHY." [http://www.marxists.org/refer ence/archive/spirkin/works/dia lectical-materialism/ch01-s04. html]

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572536 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Don't need to. They speak for themselves. And they make you look like the one who is skewing words. The words "day," "morning." and "evening" all appear in the same sentence, and you insist that that can mean any amount of time at all.
Your contrived and severely contorted answers make you look ridiculous. Let's see it again: Your god rested on the seventh of seven days and commanded you to do the same. How long are you to rest?
[a] A day
[b] A thousand years; they're the same to the Lord
[c] An era or epoch
1. A day
2. A thousand years.

Don't misinterpret, the Bible says:

A day is like a thousand years
A thousand years is like a day

God "resting" on the 7th day isn't literal, either. It's an example for us to rest on the 7th day & use that day to honor God.

Get a grip, duder.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#572537 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Absolute or relative morality, which is it?
Moral essence allows one to distinguish between right and wrong. My conduct or character, will produce the absolute of morality, be it good or bad.
Absolute morality can be determined by what I do, even if it is not what I want to do.
Absolute morality tells me to do a thing just because ... Speaking of good morals, no matter what the situation, "absolute" will cause me to take the "relative" facts of morality and respond without reservation.
"I find a law, that, when I would do good, evil is always present with me." Romans 7:21, Apostle Paul.
Desiring to do good is relative. Performing the good or right is absolute.
Morality - Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour.- Behaviour as it is affected by the observation of these principles.

There is no absolute or relative nor is any religion involved, morality is predominantly a human trait (although not exclusively) and it has certainly been around for long before christianity. Without it civilisation would not have flourished.

However I really did think you would come up with some religious titbit, so funny that you quote Saulus who assisted in the capture of Judas the Galilean, better known to you as Jesus. Would you consider assisting in the capture of a murderous terrorist as moral? Or would you consider the capture of your lord and saviour as moral?

Location hidden

#572538 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
Evolution doesn't speak to abiogenesis. Yes, all life is related, ultimately to one population of replicators, then single celled organisms. You can see that in the shared genetics the above categories have - some of the genes, some of the metabolism overlap. None of the mutations, though.
Even still, the theory of evolution doesn't explain how life arose. The theory of abiogenesis doesn't explain, or purport to explain, how genes in gene pools change over time.
"Evolution doesn't speak to abiogenesis."

But evolution says that ALL life evolved from ONE single cell organism...

Evolution & abiogenesis are interconnected.

Location hidden

#572539 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
That's true. Santa is a lie told only to children.
The resurrection is a lie told to anyone who will listen. I pity the believers.
The reurrection isn't a lie, who told you that?

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#572540 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hide behind the religion of atheism?
Naaaaaaw.......
Are you saying all priests are atheists?

Since when did non belief in a deity become a religion? Come on I am eager to hear you explanation for your stupid comment

Location hidden

#572541 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't be so put out. I didn't question your patriotism.
The first comment you responded to reminded you that Europeans wiped out the native Americans. Your comment said you didn't care. That's a might makes right comment, an "ends justifies the means" comment. Your "I don't care" means "I don't want to know the repercussions of history, the lessons we need to learn, why our world is as it is.
I'm sorry you fail to realize this.
No, silly. I said nothing of history except for my own - my family lineage, nothing more.

Don't read into it.

I don't care where my ancestors came from. Because they had ancestors & their ancestors had ancestors, ad infinitum.

I understand what Europeans did to the Indians. I've read plenty of history books. That doesn't pertain to me personally, though.

Location hidden

#572542 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
No, that's what you'd do if you were a small penised heterosexual who couldn't get off from a vagina.
lol

even stephen
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572543 Dec 12, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>You can answer these questions yourself, too, and maybe (a BIG maybe) you'll get some perspective.
But I don't hold out much hope for someone that wants to call himself "god". A person like you has already crossed the crazy bridge into BALALALALALALALALALALand!
Let's take your ice cream exampl: If ice cream can have so many different flavors, why can't "god"?
After all, we can say "we believe in god" but confict begins if it's the "wrong" god (different from somebody else's "god").
But humans don't go to war and kill people over ice cream, like they do over the idea of a "god", do they?
No.
Dude, you're not even making sense to yourself.
No wonder your crazy @ss is locked up! It's where you belong!
Religion is no different from science; both spell disaster when the wrong people get involved.

The expression "humans don't go to war and kill people over ice cream, like they do over the idea of a "god", do they" is a joke.

None of the things you are talking about have anything to do with the existence of God.

You keep referring to morality, as if morality has anything to do with existence in and of itself. Get a grip man.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tÉlÉcharger coldplay a sky full of stars mp3 4 min Jasmin 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Liam 539,049
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 4 min CunningLinguist 226,371
tÉlÉcharger calvin harris summer mp3 4 min Jasmin 1
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min waleed sadat 36,753
tÉlÉcharger pharrell williams happy mp3 5 min Marina 1
tÉlÉcharger coldplay magic mp3 5 min Marina 1
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 6 min RADEKT 258,036
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min waleed sadat 117,985
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 17 min KiMare 94,677
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••