“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#572554 Dec 12, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
The typical bible-college b.s.
God is so great it's impossible for you to disprove. My dad can beat up your dad, or what ever way you want to say it.
God is so much better than you, you can't grasp him. Mindless drivel
the evidence of God can be seen.

Creation, did not create itself.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#572555 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy...
The ole "ancient pagan holiday" routine, huh?
HA HA HA HA!!!
Hey Chris, prove it.
My goodness you really are incredibly think today. Why do you think the Puritans banned christmas in 1659? Reason, because of it’s pagan origins

You could try googling “pagan origins of Christmas” but hey, I’ll do it for you, here are about 4.5 million websites on the origins
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&a...

Note that many of those websites are religious sites and church sites

There ya go consider it proved HA HA HA HA!!!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572556 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
What people? Josephus? Characters in the bible? What testimony are considering evidence of the existence of a historical Jesus?
<quoted text>
Stunt?
What was your point with that? What do you think happened there? Dawkins called Jesus myth and fantasy, then agreed that the matter was "under dispute," that it wasn't "a very important question," and then said that most historians - or most ancient historians - thought Jesus was a real person. I didn't hear any apology from Dawkins, nor do I see what he would have to apologize for.
The fact that he didnt even apologise shows how utterly vile he is.

How can the bastard make an assertion like that?

How can Jesus be a fantasy when " most historians - or most ancient historians - thought Jesus was a real person"?

BTW, what does the fact that the historians were ancient have to do with the validity of the material they report?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572557 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense.
You probably should know that we don't take our scientific instruction from amateurs in science, most especially Christians ones. Your antiscientific agenda is well known.
Are you saying that science can be built on a negative argument; yes or no?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572558 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
i disagree.
See, salvation must be integral - no part of existence (material, emotional, vital or mental) must be left out.
Every aspect of existence should be purified and perfected by infusing the lower reaches of existence with the superior powers of the higher ranges of consciousness-energy so that the whole system vibrates as a singularity. Perfection is the aim. Once this is achieved, then, there is no coming and no going. One simply IS!
My idea of Salvation involves the influence of God in removing what is valid from what is unnecessary; as in the restoration of the true self to its true place, away from the confines of this material prison.

Your idea of Salvation, especially the one you suggest that is independent of God (if you said so ) is fundamentally Lucifarian in nature.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572559 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Morality - Principles concerning the distinction between right and wrong or good and bad behaviour.- Behaviour as it is affected by the observation of these principles.
There is no absolute or relative nor is any religion involved, morality is predominantly a human trait (although not exclusively) and it has certainly been around for long before christianity. Without it civilisation would not have flourished.
However I really did think you would come up with some religious titbit, so funny that you quote Saulus who assisted in the capture of Judas the Galilean, better known to you as Jesus. Would you consider assisting in the capture of a murderous terrorist as moral? Or would you consider the capture of your lord and saviour as moral?
Did you ask a question or make a statement? I'll choose the former.

Yes, assisting in the capture of a murderous terrorist is a moral thing because the murdering terrorist is not doing moral deeds.

No, the capture, trial & execution of Jesus was not the moral thing to do. The Romans saw Jesus as a great threat to them. The 300 years following Jesus' execution & subsequent following of people to Jesus' name ruined the Roman Empire.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572560 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you saying all priests are atheists?
Since when did non belief in a deity become a religion? Come on I am eager to hear you explanation for your stupid comment
Atheism became a belief system as soon as the first atheist said "I believe there is no God."

The dichotomy that Atheists try to create between science and religion is false. The conflict is between interpretations of science coming from different religious worldviews.

Atheism shouldn’t be taught or enforced in settings where other religions are banned and shouldn’t be favored by laws which imply a religiously neutral government.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572561 Dec 12, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not wrong.
Every belief you have concerning your deity is based upon the bible.
Without the bible you would not have your deity belief.
The bible is a book of myth.
Silly, scar.

How did the early Christians have a belief when they had no bible?

Why did the early Christians risk Roman capture, torture & execution so they could follow Jesus' teachings?

How did the Hebrews worship & know God, they had no bible.

You're wrong. Without the bible, God is still present.
BadBreathBruce

Auckland, New Zealand

#572562 Dec 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove it.
I don't need to, RT. Matthew 12:39, 16:4, and John 20:29. In your Bible.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572563 Dec 12, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>Which, as you were told, has bugger-all to do with abiogenesis.
Bugger-all? Is that English English?

You people are waiting with baited breath that someone can prove abiogenesis. Because you'll then believe that's how life began on earth, then evolved, thereby "proving" your belief.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572564 Dec 12, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>

do you really think you can sell that hype simply by extracting snippets of scriptures out of context? how deceitful you are.
Provide the context.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572565 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:<quoted text>

(smiles)

scambuster wrote:<quoted text>

(farts)

RiversideRedneck<quoted text>

(fans)
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Wink, wink.
(smiles)
If you guys keep doing this, Mr. Arkansas is gonna show up.

Mr. Arkansas:<action text>

(Mops brow)(mewls)(sweats)(shakes head)(*explodes*)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#572566 Dec 12, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
as i suggested to boots, you might want to watch the 2 part program on ABC Dec 28th at 9PM ET
you MIGHT learn some things you didn't know about.
He has already carbon dated things there to approx 5,000 BC which puts it at the time frame of Noah's flood.
He said the earth was covered in ice at one time.
Yes, he has, but his stated purpose to to try to see if a flood there might have led to people passing down tales of a Black Sea flood, which someone later devised the story of Noah's Ark, using that real flood as the idea which he/she developed the Flood myth from. He has not stated he is trying to prove that Noah's Flood did occur.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572567 Dec 12, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

My idea of Salvation involves the influence of God in removing what is valid from what is unnecessary; as in the restoration of the true self to its true place, away from the confines of this material prison.

Your idea of Salvation, especially the one you suggest that is independent of God (if you said so ) is fundamentally Lucifarian in nature.
Your idea of salvation is fictitious.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572568 Dec 12, 2012
ChristineM wrote:
<quoted text>
My goodness you really are incredibly think today. Why do you think the Puritans banned christmas in 1659? Reason, because of it’s pagan origins
You could try googling “pagan origins of Christmas” but hey, I’ll do it for you, here are about 4.5 million websites on the origins
http://www.google.co.uk/#hl=en&safe=off&a...
Note that many of those websites are religious sites and church sites
There ya go consider it proved HA HA HA HA!!!
Christmas (Old English: meaning "Christ's Mass") is an annual commemoration of the birth of Jesus Christ and a widely observed holiday, celebrated generally on December 25 by billions of people around the world.

It IS the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth.

It WAS various holidays.

Christianity has molded the world.

I get the last HA HA HA !!!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572569 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idea that salvation is fictitious is your opinion.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#572570 Dec 12, 2012
WalterJ wrote:
<quoted text>
It is simple. Every creation must have a creator. Have you seen anything that created automatically or no one or nothing behind that creation? I think No.. So we all are creation from a creator.
Can you create anything? No, you can only change appearance in a simple environment.
Where you come from? you will say that from your Fa and Ma than go subsequently previous generation. What will come? where come from first human?
Issue with the watchmaker argument... How do you know that we are a "creation". Religion tells you so. How do you separate a God from a creation? From whence did the God come from?

Location hidden

#572571 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
I salivate over salvation.

Location hidden

#572572 Dec 12, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
the evidence of God can be seen.
Creation, did not create itself.
Then what did create creation? And what created that which created creation? Who says it's "creation"? Religion?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572573 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Silly, scar.
How did the early Christians have a belief when they had no bible?
Why did the early Christians risk Roman capture, torture & execution so they could follow Jesus' teachings?
How did the Hebrews worship & know God, they had no bible.
You're wrong. Without the bible, God is still present.
Thanks, Ar Ar.

Now we're getting somewhere.

They borrowed and took from a variety of earlier and preexisting cultural/societal myths and traditions.

The bible is a collection of those earlier culturally assimilated myths and traditions from other peoples, not Hebrew.

The deity,'Yahweh", for instance, had origins in Canaanite deity beliefs and practices.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
I want to watch my wife flirt and get picked up... (Aug '12) 2 min Buster333 72
Are our soldiers traitors? 3 min MAKEWORLDPEACEUID... 5
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min USA Born 560,662
Why Won't The Government Help Against Select Po... (Aug '12) 7 min FixThis 232
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 7 min cala mari 441,822
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 8 min Innocent Holy dr ... 33,171
The World Will End On May 21, 2011 (Aug '08) 13 min Innocent Holy dr ... 16,463
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 21 min Pegasus 265,580
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 29 min Innocent Holy dr ... 605,384
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 852
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 3 hr daveo69 72
More from around the web