|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

well there is one god upon whom we agree

is there other gods you do not believe in?
What is the proof of this one god?

To begin with how is he causally connected with the universe?

How did he create this universe from nothing?

How does he govern the universe in the absence of a causal link between this extra-cosmic deity and the universe?

If this god is spirit then what is spirit in terms of its material and force composition?

Spirit is not mind as someone suggested.

Mind is a grade - the deductive aspect - of the manifested unified field of consciousness-energy.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Indeed! Hiding can stop by anytime! So can you!
:-)
Ah, thank you!

omw.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL. You're a hoot. I saw your scissor and cooch posts as well.
I'm sure you'll keep them coming.
Stop feeding my troll and I'll keep entertaining you.

He's my troll. It's why I'm here.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok..... Now you're comparing belief in Jesus to a child believing in Santa.
You're lost.
The only difference between belief in Santa and Jesus is that most adults acknowledge that the former is a lie told only to children.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

oh I agree

you build a new god, surely you are correct.

no one has ever thought to build a new god before.
So, how is the basal consciousness and energy created from nothing by your extra-cosmic and creationist god and besides what happens to the basal consciousness-energy field at the end of a cosmic cycle? Does it get dissolved into nothing? How?

(smiles)
Greens - Tuf

Australia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Tell me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =0W9JsskFVSoXX
Can you see how we as material beings mimic the Universe , the same principals apply to both.
We in this form need to love/attract to survive and expand, the Universe needs to do the same.
The Universe can Love as non destructive energy, but it cannot expand without attraction , due to attraction releasing emotions. It is One and only One, how can it be attracted to it self ? Ego? It needed a material world to extract it's emotions.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>

Above 50 proof.
Meaning what?

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
Did "God" not know it was immoral 2000 years ago?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I don't know. We'll ask that on the next 3-way call...
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Why ever did He provide instructions on how to handle slaves, where to get them and so on?
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Where to get them is irrelevant. How to treat them was the point.
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Hence, the god of the bible is not perfectly moral.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Because you know what "perfectly moral" is?
Your first line was flawed, hence the flaw of your last.
If you don't understand that slavery is immoral, and you're unwilling to see that instructions regarding slavery overtly - not tacitly - condones slavery, you utterly fail to understand morality.

The worst part about your inability to understand morality is that you received this from your religion. Christianity has destroyed your ability to understand what is moral, what is misery, how your fellow human should be treated - how sad!

You need to talk to God to know what He - presumably a perfectly moral being - would not condone slavery?!? Seriously???

I've interviewed a young woman who was stolen from her family, raped and abused till she was broken, turned into a sex slave. She hates men, unreservedly, with all her heart, and fears them. Now, tell me that she would be made whole if only her slavers had access to an instruction manual.

I spit on your morality.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
My ethnicity is American.
You can't say the "native Americans" are native, they too came from somewhere else.....
Again, my ethnicity is American.
My heritage is American.
My ancestors are American.
Whatever happened before that, I don't care.
It's a problem for the religious to acknowledge history. You exemplify that problem above.

Your entire argument here is "might makes right if we kill most of them and that means I don't have to care about the past."

Praise the Lord! Don't think! Don't know! Just praise and praise and praise!

:)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

That ultimate reality you describe seems to be already manifested as this present physical universe: "the subtlest ranges of consciousness and energy" are intimately interwoven on this physical plane.

Is this gross material/physical plane your idea of the ultimate reality?
"the subtlest ranges of consciousness and energy" are intimately interwoven on this physical plane."

Some subtle ranges of consciousness-energy are infused in matter. At present, dualism, wear and tear, death, diseases, wars, suffering, poverty, substance abuse, personality defects, excess sensuality and other flaws are the leading features of unregenerate matter. The world is in a big mess and getting worse.

If the higher ranges of consciousness-energy could be made to penetrate matter then the higher or superior powers of consciousness-energy can become a living fact here in matter and this would then result in annulling several unregenerate features that're prevalent in the material world as it is now constituted.

The higher dimensions of consciousness-energy are more unified or centralized in character and action and have none of the disintegrative and lower or baser instincts as we now see everywhere in the world.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
River Tam
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =-5Wq4AOP-FUXX
That's our girl!

Sometimes I worry...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

I tend to see Salvation as a process of transcending the physical state not perfecting it in itself; because man is necessarily restricted by the limits of his physical being.
i disagree.

See, salvation must be integral - no part of existence (material, emotional, vital or mental) must be left out.

Every aspect of existence should be purified and perfected by infusing the lower reaches of existence with the superior powers of the higher ranges of consciousness-energy so that the whole system vibrates as a singularity. Perfection is the aim. Once this is achieved, then, there is no coming and no going. One simply IS!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and let me ask you, if Creation is proved,(which it has been in intelligent design) what does that do to your evolution THEORY?
Scientists will admit two things
1. something can not be created from nothing
2. the intelligence in a single cell is beyond mans ability to grasp it in fullness.
I wonder why the WORLD has always used a time measuring term such as (AD & BC)?
- nothing in science is proved, so your first line is not possible
- ID cannot even be tested, let alone "proved," which demonstrates your poor understanding of science
BUT, let's pretend you are correct and the ID people somehow came up with a real theory - please, remember that they honestly admit they don't have a scientific theory (on their website, they admit this). Remember that a theory requires the ability to explain a diverse, but related group of phenomena. In this case, biology. That would mean that ID would provide us explanations for why bacteria evolve drug resistance and offer testable, disprovable solutions for how to counter them.
Can you please imagine such a scenario?
ID: the Creator of the universe decided that He wanted multidrug resistant Tuberculosis.
Medical researcher 1: Ok. What do we do?
Medical research 2: We test a bunch of new drugs and try to overcome the Creator's wishes.
Medical researcher 1: Sounds pretty risky. Don't you think the Creator will be upset if we interfere with His plan?
Medical researcher 2: What else are we doing to do? We need to make money for our pharmaceutical company, that the Creator also Created, or they will fire us.
Medical researcher 1: Ok.
NEWS! Tuberculosis, in 2011, evolved Total Drug Immunity.
Medical researcher 1: Crap! The Creator of the Universe decided that He didn't care for our drug cocktail solution to his MTDTB and so Created Total Drug Immune TB.
Medical researcher 2: Damn. I guess God hates children and the poor.
United in faith: You are too indoctrinated and stupid to understand biological science. I don't care that you believe in God and I don't care that you are incapable of understanding biological science.
What I am happy is that people like me couldn't care less about what people like you think. We work on our science anyways and we pity you. But you know what? At the end of the day you are going to have access to first line pharmaceuticals to fight the pathogens that are evolving to eat you anyways - because we, the scientists, actually care about reality and we care about people.
Even if you want to f*ck the children of the future with your stupid f*cking worthless creationist shhite.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
We like River. In an avuncular sort of way, of course.
Agreed.

Great word, BTW - avuncular.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
Agreed.
Great word, BTW - avuncular.
I like it, too. One doesn't see it nearly often enough.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

Hidingfromyou wrote:
I've never endorsed slavery and I don't believe in "race." But if you mean "why did Japanese have slaves?" I'll answer with "because they were not perfectly moral." Are you trying to tell me that the Japanese claim to be perfectly moral in the same manner that your claim that of your deity?
You claim your deity is perfectly moral - it is quite clearly not. And we know this because your bible does not describe a moral being, but some kind of bullying murderous stalker.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"why did Japanese have slaves?"
BECAUSE THEY'RE FALLEN HUMANS, LIKE YOU! don't think for a moment that if you were living as a privleged japanese person when slavery was an accepted cultural behavior that you wouldn't have had one....cuz you'd be lying!
guess where most of slavery is STILL going on: in AFRICA & ASIA!!!
Humans are not fallen. Your religion is putrifyingly ill. It comes with instructions on how to treat slaves.

What we need are clear policies against slavery. It's utterly unacceptable - but right now the world doesn't care so much because it likes cheap chocolate and is shy about criticizing the male sex drive.

The two largest fronts in slavery right now are the sex trade, for men, and the chocolate industry. You also have extremely low paid labor in every single factor in Myanmar, China, Thailand and more. It's abject slavery, but the developed nations like their cheap goods.

So if you want to get all high and mighty about slavery, admit your religion's terrible history with it and address the repulsive way in which your Bible treats slavery - and then start helping the world.

Wasn't it one of your spiritual leaders who said "pull the mote out of your own eye before you try to pull the one out of mine?"

But we both know you're here because you want to feel better than others. That drives your posting behavior. Deep down, you hate your sinning self and it makes you lash out at others.

Stop. Please stop. Pray to your deity, cleanse your soul. You are troubled and need help. You aren't doing very well. It's not working, your issues burst at the seams like the sunrise behind a windowed doorway.

Work on you.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's our girl!
Sometimes I worry...
Sometimes you should.

I hold spiders in my hand. I let them rest in my hair.

My classmates think I'm weird. Go figure.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

<quoted text>
You can't see the similarity?
They have the same beard, they're both old men, they both keep a naughty and nice list, they both bribe you to be good, you have to write to one and pray to the other, they both descend from and alight to inaccessible realms, and you never see either.
The only difference is that they later tell you that Santa is a myth. You have to figure the god part out on your own.
Fantastic.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

QUESTION:

If this god of the believers is "spirit" then what is "spirit" in terms of its material and force composition?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2012

Judged:

A NOTE ON THIS NONSENSE CALLED SPIRIT:

1) Spirit is not mind as some moron suggested.

2) Spirit is not the life-force or the vital principle of consciousness-energy as suggested by the ignorant Hebrew patriarchs.

3) Mind is a grade - the deductive aspect - of the manifested unified field of consciousness-energy.

4) Life-force is the vitalizing or animating principle of the manifested unified field of consciousness-energy that is poised between mind on the higher side and the physical dimension on the lower side.

5) Life-force animates matter by infusing it to some degree.

6) This form of animated matter is called the physico-vital range of consciousness-force.

7) Sensations and desires are other aspects of the vital principle.

8) The most material aspect of the physico-vital maintains life in the body and animates the organs.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••