“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572456 Dec 12, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It is impossible to have omnipotence, omnipresence, omniscience, omnibenevolence (none of which appear in the Bible, by the way) and free will. Those five concepts together are incompatible. One has to give way. Ergo, it's all nonsense.
Huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572457 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think 25% is too much, that can't be normal.
I was yoking, Clem. That is too much....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572458 Dec 12, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas is not a Christian holiday. None of what we traditionally celebrate as Christmas, from Santa to the tree, is remotely Christian. None of the other holidays have roots in Christianity, at all. Fail.
Huh?

The celebration of Jesus' birth isn't Christian?

lol, you athitards really stretch the truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572459 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right, I only know a Catcher1!
LMAO! Oh ya..

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#572460 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, I know. Christmas is celebrated around the world.
Yup, the whole world has accepted that we celebrate Jesus' birthday on Dec 25th.

Carrion.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#572461 Dec 12, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Nothing is when the bank closes your account for you.
Never seen that nothing

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572462 Dec 12, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I like it, too. One doesn't see it nearly often enough.
Do you know the word "materteral"? It's the female counterpart of avuncular.

“I started out with nothing”

Since: Nov 10

and still got most of it left

#572463 Dec 12, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
That's way too complicated CM.
It's just something other than something. LOL!
Weeellll what something? Is gravity something? Is light something? If so then the state of nothing can never exists in this universe.

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#572464 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
QUESTIONS:
1) During moments of sadness or depression, why do we feel a dull, constricted and slightly painful sensation in the center of the chest region?
2) Why are these symptoms of suffering not felt in the brain since most believe, as science tells us, that the brain is everything?
(smiles)
It's called physiology. Science has told us that EVERYTHING is in the brain? That's news to me. HAve any sources to cite that backs up your assertion?

Location hidden

#572465 Dec 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
When did science tell you that the brain is everything?
Did you pay those that told you that?
Do you have a receipt?
I wouldn't have replied to him if I read your post first. Pretty much sums it up.

Location hidden

#572466 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
(smiles)
(farts)

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#572467 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Humans are not fallen. Your religion is putrifyingly ill. It comes with instructions on how to treat slaves.
Your disdain for slavery does not change the fact slavery was universal in the ancient world. Nor does it address the fact slavery is equally as valid as poicies against slavery since it is humans who determine right and wrong in a world absent God. Your disdain carries no real weight other than your opinion. If we have no souls and there is no accountability since there is no existence post death then people can come to a different conclusion than do you when it comes to slavery. If we can own dogs then we can own people. Anti slavery only makes sense if human rights are derived from an ultimate Authority which holds us accountable for how we treat each other. That we all have unalienable rights which cannot be denied without severe consequences in a court of no appeal. Atheism reduces people to the level of big brained animals. Nothing more since it could be argued insects are more adapted and stronger than humans.
headlines

AOL

#572468 Dec 12, 2012

----#----OBAMA sends MUSLIM Bhood F-16 Fighters

&fe ature=plcp

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572469 Dec 12, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>What is this dribble you're spouting, religitard logic? Mussbe...
Omnipotence DOES mean omniresponsibility.
An "omnipotent god" would be the child AND the cancer that kills the child.
"God" killing "God".
And I thought "thou shall not kill". And I thought suicide was a "sin" too!
Your god CANNOT exist because it killed itself already in the beginning by trying to exist and not exist at the same time, by trying to be and not be.
Have you ever seen a light be ON and OFF - at the same time?
NO!
It's IMPOSSIBLE!
Existance is an either/or, NOT a both/and.
Either you're here - or you're not.
"An "omnipotent god" would be the child AND the cancer that kills the child."

WTF? I don't think you know what omnipotent means......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572470 Dec 12, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Mythology is magic to the theist, and the illusion you fall for is that it's real, that it represents more than what it is, which is mythology.
Just like magic, eh?
LMAO, the atheist defines the theist.....

Nice.

Except you're wrong.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572471 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
explain why it is that a god would reveal himself to an empty vessel such as yourself, and not to moral persons?
You know, you've asked that question at least a dozen times.....

You consider yourself moral?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572472 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
in genesis, the language defined the time period in reference to the customary understanding of a day (an earth day) one imagines it did so because of the nature of the word employed. that is: a word which meant time but required context for the length of time was used. It appears that the author, was determined and explicit in his communication that the time in reference, was the common understanding of day.
It is difficult to understand the motivation for denial of this passage. The christian brings dishonor to the text and confusion to communication with his audience, when he discredits such precise language.
Riiiight.

You can skew the words in Genesis all you want so long as it makes the Bible look wrong, huh?

Location hidden

#572473 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Riiiight.
You can skew the words in Genesis all you want so long as it makes the Bible look wrong, huh?
Well, it's a hodgepodge of books written by an ancient people that didn't have much technology. For what it is, it's actually pretty remarkable, even though the bible does get some things wrong.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572474 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
Humans are not fallen. Your religion is putrifyingly ill.
I agree. And I resent that attitude from the Christians about my species. I resent them spreading such filth about us. To them, we are fatally flawed and of no good whatsoever. According to the Christians, man has only ever created one thing: sin. We brought that into the universe.

We are told that we were born in debt, worthless, and worthy of suffering without some sort of purification first. Without a god, our lives are immoral, meaningless and without purpose. And on it goes. Our very substance - flesh - isn't so much spoken as spat out. Christian misanthropy is a deep pessimism for mankind.

If it were not other human beings saying these things about us, there would be war. If a second intellectual and verbal species evolved on earth, or colonized earth from elsewhere, and they spoke about humanity like that, they would be as despised. So why not rebuke the sickening church and religion that says those very same things for the same reason?

Every human being should reject and resent that. I don't expect the Christians to do so, but shouldn't the rest of us? Shouldn't we denounce such speech the way we would similar comments about the worth of women, gays, seniors, or blacks?

I think it's becoming increasingly in our power to define societal standards regarding what is acceptable to say about mankind and what is acceptable to say about atheists. I don't care for the choices that the Christians have made in either of these areas.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#572475 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
What is the proof of this one god?
To begin with how is he causally connected with the universe?
How did he create this universe from nothing?
How does he govern the universe in the absence of a causal link between this extra-cosmic deity and the universe?
If this god is spirit then what is spirit in terms of its material and force composition?
Spirit is not mind as someone suggested.
Mind is a grade - the deductive aspect - of the manifested unified field of consciousness-energy.
one must assume that your inability to share a cogent thought implies that you do not form such thoughts.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jobs India 13 min swetagarg 1
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 24 min Oxbow 554,616
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 33 min kinky_girl 4,405
I wish homosexuals never existed...... 45 min Willie Linkage 63
If you dare date a nigerian man. (Aug '13) 46 min kinky_girl 33
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 1 hr prochoices 17
Israel ist unter starkem Druck 1 hr proengelsrael 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 263,389
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Black Thunder 42 603,514
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 4 hr woody934 136
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr Freebird USA 175,005

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE