Since: Jul 11

Fremont, CA

#572399 Dec 12, 2012
winfredable wrote:
stupid talk
You accually thought that the message was for you.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572400 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The bible doesn't define what a day is to God, just that it's an indeterminate amount if time.
Apparently, you think that you need that to be true, so you hunker down and insist that it is. That's the kind of reality creation - spin -that characterizes religious thought.

"God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day." - Genesis 1:5

This is why we don't let Christians tell us what their bible says, let alone what science is. You have no commitment to truth or reality.

Fennario

#572401 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Despite all your flag waving, you actually have a pretty low opinion of your country to make an allegation like that. You called two houses of Congress and the president cowards and liars to a man.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Where did I say they were cowards? You added that in, big boy.
Right here:

RiversideRedneck wrote: "Yes, they lied. They wanted peace above all, just like toady. They would've said anything to prevent another jihad."

You wrote that they lied about their beliefs - what would be among their most cherished beliefs if they had held them as you imply - rather than face a conflict. That is the definition of a coward. And a liar.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
They did lie. Sometimes it's necessary to lie in order to have peace. Especially when you're dealing with late 1700's Muslim pirates.....
I reject your values. You're what is unflatteringly called an appeaser.

I remember hearing that word levied at people like me in 2002-03, when we were protesting Bush's rush to his war of aggression. We were called cowards, traitors, appeasers, America haters and the aiders and abettors of terrorists.

What should we call somebody who advocates lies about his beliefs to avoid a conflict? What if they are representing a nation and doing it on a document that will be preserved for posterity? Whatever that is, that is what you are calling those people.

I don't think that that Congress and president were liars or cowards at all. I think that they wrote what they understood to be the truth.

Fennario

#572402 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
An acceptable definition to anyone about evolution is that organisms evolve, but we don't know how or why and we sure as shit don't know that all life on this planet evolved from ONE single celled organism! but we don't know how or why ...
That's not an acceptable definition of either the process or the theory of (biological) evolution. It doesn't even come close.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
... and we sure as shit don't know that all life on this planet evolved from ONE single celled organism!
Actually, we do know that, even if you don't. The evidence is overwhelming.

I realize that you think that you need it to be otherwise, and so, for you it is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
We also don't know how life even began on this planet, so your whine Darwinian theory is shot to shit.
Darwin's theory is unrelated to the pathway of abiogenesis.

As I just said, this kind of misinformation and lack of sophistication in matters of even basic science is why we don't take the objections about science from faith based sources seriously.

Fennario

#572403 Dec 12, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
Exactly what is gay friendly
I can only tell you approximately. Roughly, it means that I treat my gay friends with respect rather than with harsh condemnation.
Somali Pirate wrote:
Sorry I don't feel like digging up her post.....
Whose post?
Somali Pirate wrote:
Gay friendly is not identifying someone as gay.
Thanks for the heads up.
Somali Pirate wrote:
Do you refer to straight people as straight the same way you refer to gay people as gay????
Yes. So do you, apparently. You just did.
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#572404 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Another science hater brought to you courtesy of Jesus, Inc.
No, science is NOT about fairness. It's about discovering the laws and other features of the physical world using a particular method.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't care if there were a historical Jesus. How would that matter to me? That only matters to somebody who insists that a magic man named Jesus actually existed. And actual Jesus does nothing at all for that claim any more than an actual Jerusalem, Pilate and Rome do.
Physical world ? Don't you mean material world, which is a world of illusion.
I think god done a great job in confusing 90% of the human race. You have no idea, not that you should have any idea. That's the whole idea of it. If you knew your cause than I can guarantee you that the Universe would not be still expanding. It would of collapsed in on it self long ago.

Fennario

#572405 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're a poster child for atheism indoctrination.
I'm sure that you meant that as an insult.

FYI: "Atheism" is a noun. You were looking for an adjective such as "atheistic".

Fennario

#572406 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Of course God knows the future, but He wouldn't consider it "future".
Past, present & future are all the same to God.
"With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." - 2 Peter 3:8

Your god has difficulty with time, doesn't he?

Fennario

#572407 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
why are you willing to accept that "face of the waters" is a metaphor but "day" is not?
No. Neither is a metaphor. From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/face :

Face - 8. The most significant or prominent surface of an object, especially:
a. The surface presented to view; the front.
b. A fašade.
c. Outer surface: the face of the earth.

"She is the apple of my eye" is a metaphor. Eyes don't have an apple. The water has a face, just like a building and a clock.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#572408 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
"With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day." - 2 Peter 3:8
Your god has difficulty with time, doesn't he?
He didn't have a watch. That came on the eighth day when he realized that we need lesbians. We take a lickin but we keep on tickin.

Oh crap, what time is it?

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#572409 Dec 12, 2012
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text>Physical world ?
The one beyond your eyelids.

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#572410 Dec 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
He didn't have a watch. That came on the eighth day when he realized that we need lesbians. We take a lickin but we keep on tickin.
Oh crap, what time is it?
6 AM, PBJ time.

Fennario

#572411 Dec 12, 2012
Huh wrote:
Please, do tell. Line by line. Which parts are allegorical, which are metaphorical, and which are literal. Surely you must have the latest Chinese-made decoder ring. After all, you just spoke for and described the god you said was indescribable.
I'll wait. And wait. And wait.
Idea!

I've often thought that Bibles should be treated like the movie The Wizard of Oz. Recall that reality, which was set in Kansas, and which appeared on screen only at the beginning and end of the movie, was filmed in black and white, whereas the fantasy world of Dorothy's dream of Oz while she was unconsciousness from the tornado was shot in color.

Couldn't we have Bible's like that? When we're in fantasy mode, like with the talking snake and the six days of creation, the printing could be in color to tell us that they were just kidding.

But when they got to the factual parts - the drop dead serious stuff such as the parts about zombies rising from the dead, for example - it would be in black and white.

Helpful idea or not?

Fennario

#572412 Dec 12, 2012
karl44 wrote:
It is difficult to understand the motivation for denial of this passage [about the six days of creation in Genesis].
I'm sure that you understand the motivation. They claim that a perfect god authored both the universe and their bible, and science has shown that the two don't match. What are the options?

[1] They can admit that their god doesn't exist and abandon their faith.

[2] They can deny the science.

[3] Or they can say that the bible doesn't mean what the words say.

“Michin yeoja”

Location hidden

#572413 Dec 12, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
6 AM, PBJ time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z3ZAGBL6UBAXX
Elvis gave me the recipe and her phone number :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572414 Dec 12, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
6 AM, PBJ time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =Z3ZAGBL6UBAXX
I'm not clicking that.
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#572415 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
No. Neither is a metaphor. From http://www.thefreedictionary.com/face :
Face - 8. The most significant or prominent surface of an object, especially:
a. The surface presented to view; the front.
b. A fašade.
c. Outer surface: the face of the earth.
"She is the apple of my eye" is a metaphor. Eyes don't have an apple. The water has a face, just like a building and a clock.
Look at that. There's clues everywhere if your good enough.
"She is the apple of my eye" What does that mean?
It means extreme love. It means protection .
Adam and Eve eating an apple represents the separation

from One and entering a material world. I world where we are all guaranteed death .
It is just a cycle of energy (us) creating worlds of illusion to bring out the emotions in us.
Emotions = Energy

Embrace the grey.

#572416 Dec 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Elvis gave me the recipe and her phone number :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =sXcYiWkOMMoXX
Lucky. I haven't even met one of the fake Elvises.
Greens - Tuf

Australia

#572417 Dec 12, 2012
Why would there be a God in the first place? Why?
Who said there has to be a God?
Why would God need this "real" world if he really was God? Why go through all the trouble for us? What's his payback? Remember life is variable, if your happy than somewhere somebody will be sad.
For every cause their must be an effect, we are a cause, what's our effect?

Embrace the grey.

#572418 Dec 12, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not clicking that.
It's just penguins engaging in mating rituals.

You know they're manogmanous monologomoss...

they don't sleep around.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 5 min Mandela 36,919
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min truth 545,050
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 16 min Dally Mama 228,554
Any girls wanna sex Skype? (Jan '13) 22 min ash666 28
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 25 min Wordsworth 4,596
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min MUQ1 260,188
Cooking club 1 hr martinmt 3
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr mdbuilder 174,202
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 601,413
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 8 hr Sexy bottom 975

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE