“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572596 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
God doesn't recognize time like we do. Not in the least.
Then he needs to learn to. It's pretty easy these days with digital clocks. The Spirit of the Lord need only hover over the face of a clock.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572597 Dec 12, 2012
It's 11.25 pm here in Mumbai (India). Good night. Later.

Fennario

#572598 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I spit on your morality.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Spit on me? lol
You really are illiterate, aren't you? You can read the words, but you just can't understand them. I think that's technically called "functionally illiterate."
RiversideRedneck wrote:
If I was an atheist, I'd spit on your butthole just before poking it.
Were. If you WERE an atheist. The subjunctive mood takes "were."

Nice, by the way, You're a real class act.

Fennario

#572599 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
He also wants to take us from being content with our mortality to being only content with His plan for immortality.
Thanks, but I don't believe that. Why do you?

Fennario

#572600 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh boy...
The ole "ancient pagan holiday" routine, huh?
HA HA HA HA!!!
Hey Chris, prove it.
Happy Holidays!: http://images.clipartof.com/small/231798-Roya...

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572601 Dec 12, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know dude... I'm just wondering how some people can be so certain either way!
Honestly I used to not be so certain. But lemme tell ya, when God touches you & speaks to you, you know it.

I had my doubts, which I argued incessantly with my dad & grandpa. I doubted that God was real, heaven, prayer, hell, angels, etc. I thought that it was all bull. And I was raised in a Christain home.

About 30 years ago, when I needed Him the most, God touched my head & spoke to me, literally. From that point on I had absolutely no doubt that He's real.

It was then that I started asking the "why"...

And don't let the atheists fool you, they're gonna shoot me down with some physco babble and say it was all in my head. They're wrong.
Mav

Laguna Beach, CA

#572602 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Honestly I used to not be so certain. But lemme tell ya, when God touches you & speaks to you, you know it.
I had my doubts, which I argued incessantly with my dad & grandpa. I doubted that God was real, heaven, prayer, hell, angels, etc. I thought that it was all bull. And I was raised in a Christain home.
About 30 years ago, when I needed Him the most, God touched my head & spoke to me, literally. From that point on I had absolutely no doubt that He's real.
It was then that I started asking the "why"...
And don't let the atheists fool you, they're gonna shoot me down with some physco babble and say it was all in my head. They're wrong.
AMEN!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572603 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
Yes, blind beliefs characterize religious nuts.
"religious nuts", sure. But not religion.
Have you met Moses, Jesus, Krishna, Muhammad or Buddha to know for sure what they were really like in flesh and blood?
Though not formerly introduced, I have met God.
Boy, you cannot even corroborate their historicity or the authenticity of the scriptures.

Yes I can & I have.
Or have you had a glimpse of the higher planes of existence that're collectively termed heavens and hells in religious scriptures.

I haven't died yet, so no I haven't had a glimpse into heaven.
Mere intellectual beliefs count for nothing.

Ok then. You're belief in the love if your mother means nothing.
To directly experience the reality, the mind-matter barrier has to be dissolved and the consciousness of the observer should unite with the consciousness of the observed in an omnijective bonding.
Lol, then get to dissolving you mind-matter barrier...... WTF?
Knowledge by identity of the subject with the object is the only way to acquire true knowledge.

True, which is why you haven't found God yet.
Scripture reading, enacting mumbo jumbo rituals on a daily or weekly basis, fasting, charity, pilgrimage and mental acquiescence are for those with a poorly developed consciousness.
Are they?

Fennario

#572604 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
It was not universal in the ancient world. Such belies your misunderstanding of history.

And, even if it was, a perfectly moral being would not condone slavery merely because His Creations, who in your religion are fallen and less than perfect, use slavery.

Seriously, that is the worst argument you could make. That's the "if a human jumps off a cliff, God should too" anti-motherly argument. Didn't your mother ever tell you not to follow other people's examples of immoral behavior?

Further, you are arguing against your own religion here. You are claiming above that morality is human, not absolute. Sure, I can agree with that. As such we contemporary humans, with our vast knowledge of history, our sciences of human thought, emotion, philosophy, suffering and pain, and our laws and concept of human rights, understand what it means to be moral a great deal more than any of the elite cared to bother with in the past.

You've damned yourself in your argument by distancing yourself from your religion, which argues for an absolute morality (while presenting a contradictory front of endorsing slavery) from which humans draw their own, to presenting an argument where human morality is subjective, changing with the times.

That's not a problem from my position. I don't hold that there are any deities. I neither hold that there is a perfect being from which we draw our morality. However, I believe we can know what misery, suffering, happiness and fulfillment are and seek out those qualities through society.

Christianity clearly does not present a path of morality of the greatest good for the greatest number of people. It requires subservience, obedience to a strange set of rules - some sexual, some regarding food that its followers pay more or less adherence to, depending on historical forces.

We need a better moral and ethical position than religion can provide - whatever the religion. You all fail. Muslim, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu, whatever. You're all from the past and you all preach atrocity.

To quote your religion: "Get behind me, Satan!"
Your time is past.
You go, girl!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572605 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then he needs to learn to. It's pretty easy these days with digital clocks. The Spirit of the Lord need only hover over the face of a clock.
LMAO!!!

There are a few things that God cannot do, one of them is to learn anything new.

You're under the impression that God can't tell time, which is nowhere to be found in scripture.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572606 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
You really are illiterate, aren't you? You can read the words, but you just can't understand them. I think that's technically called "functionally illiterate."
<quoted text>
Were. If you WERE an atheist. The subjunctive mood takes "were."
Nice, by the way, You're a real class act.
I see you missed the "lol" in that post.

Was that intentional or accidental?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572607 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Happy Holidays!: http://images.clipartof.com/small/231798-Roya...
Oh my....

A cartoon of Santa...

That's proof!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#572608 Dec 12, 2012
scambuster wrote:
<quoted text>
Then what did create creation? And what created that which created creation? Who says it's "creation"? Religion?
It is mind-boggling, though I guess even I was guilty of the same thing for much of my life, that people cannot seem to understand the very simple logic of your questions. Not suggesting that you are simple, but the logic of those questions, and how absurd the creation belief is, is very simple, if only people would allow themselves to use their brains.

Fennario

#572609 Dec 12, 2012
That's called special pleading. Everything else is subject to laws ... except your god
God Himself wrote:
Cause and effects is only a means used by God to "interphase" or interact with the natural world.
Too many unshared premises there. What god? And what non-natural world? Cause and effect don't seem to me to require a god or an interaction with any putative external world, so I'm afraid that you're going to need to defend those comments as well if you want them taken seriously.
God Himself wrote:
God himself is independent of the physical world therefore He is not subject to the laws of the physical world (cause and effects).
And that is the special pleading right there. You don't feel any need to demonstrate any of this. You merely pronounce that it is so - that that your god is somehow excused from reason. That's not even an argument. Nor is it credible.
God Himself wrote:
Thats not special pleading; its common observation and critical thinking.
Did you just claim that you've observed that causality applies to the universe, but not to things outside of it, and that you consider this observation common?

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#572610 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're wrong. Without the bible, God is still present.
Speculation.

Although, I will agree to that no religion is required to believe in a god.

Albuquerque, NM

#572611 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
i disagree.
See, salvation must be integral - no part of existence (material, emotional, vital or mental) must be left out.
Every aspect of existence should be purified and perfected by infusing the lower reaches of existence with the superior powers of the higher ranges of consciousness-energy so that the whole system vibrates as a singularity. Perfection is the aim. Once this is achieved, then, there is no coming and no going. One simply IS!

God_Himself wrote:

My idea of Salvation involves the influence of God in removing what is valid from what is unnecessary; as in the restoration of the true self to its true place, away from the confines of this material prison.

Your idea of Salvation, especially the one you suggest that is independent of God (if you said so ) is fundamentally Lucifarian in nature.
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Your idea of salvation is fictitious.
Hey Joel and GH....how's it going. I'm sitting here out on the ledge reading these two posts and I gotta admit, you two have some good points.

Joel with - "Every aspect of existence should be purified and perfected by infusing the lower reaches of existence with the superior powers of the higher ranges of consciousness-energy so that the whole system vibrates as a singularity."
- I call it Self [being/soul/Spirit/consciousne ss]

....and GH posting - "as in the restoration of the true self to its true place, away from the confines of this material prison."

..but yet Joel states "it's fictiouos".

New Age asks:
- Would either of you agree that all religions are man-made, thus some "fictious attributes are involved, because "God" has never been proven to exist in our reality?

- If you ponder for a moment on both statements, you will find that they both are relatively of the same substance - Self, and what is required by ourself to uphold "purity" through honesty, love and peace with others.

I think you both have said the same thing, but for some reason, you have denied that they are the same.

Good posts no matter which way you want to travel.

Cheers!

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#572612 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh my....
A cartoon of Santa...
That's proof!
Ironically, it's more solid evidence than the bible.

Albuquerque, NM

#572613 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
DEFINITION OF AN ATHEIST:
An atheist is one who sees himself and the universe as clumps of insentient matter with blind forces and random processes and the game of chance somehow serving as guiding principles that he thinks make up for his total lack of knowledge about the nature of reality as seen in his ignorance regarding the question of origins concerning universe and being and purpose of existence.
Is it that you can't handle others believing differently than you, or are you scared for them?

If you are scared for them, then why? You won't be a judge in his final moment, will you? So again, why?

You are starting to show your arrogance.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572614 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't change your tune, scar scar.
I haven't changed my tune, you can search any of my past posts and clearly see I haven't.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You said there'd be no religion without the Bible.
For Christianity, yes.

You do consider the preexisting religious book of Judaism - the Old Testament or Torah/Tanakh, that Christianity is based upon - to be a current and ancient part of your bible, no?

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572615 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
But there WAS Christianity before the Bible.
Christianity emerged from the Judaic Messianic movements within Judaism, those "movements", or sects, had started to emerge somewhere around 200BCE. They were wanting a radical change to occur within Judaism and thought the prophesied Mashiach was the way for that to happen.

So, it was something that had been building for a long while, and the Jesus figure did not and does not fulfill Judaic messianic prophetic requirements, although Christians assert he does, but he doesn't.

You follow a false Messiah, and a false prophet, and it's very clear based upon Judaic Messianic prophecy which is specific, and those prophecies have not been fulfilled.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min onemale 270,052
Poll Are you sick of seeing interracial dating ads? (Jul '08) 31 min poman 42
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Tony17 578,915
Poll Do misspelling and bad grammar bother you? (Dec '07) 1 hr stemaxgizmo 14
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 1 hr dollarsbill 1,961
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 1 hr stemaxgizmo 2,185
Why is Pakistan a world superpower (Dec '08) 1 hr Hamad 36
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr LAWEST100 609,821
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr MUQ2 39,952
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Roberta G 176,202
More from around the web