“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572385 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
I notice that you doctored my quote: "What race of gods; the race of the god/gods that you dont believe in"...
Thats not fair;
What unfair thing was done to you? Are you implying that your meaning was changed or otherwise misrepresented by my editing? Let's see. Here's how your question originally appeared at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE...

God Himself wrote: "What race of gods; the race of the god/gods that you dont believe in , or one like that which men who practices absolutism (Nazism etc as you mentioned) are from?"

Here's how it appeared after I edited and responded to it at http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... :

God Himself wrote: "What race of gods; the race of the god/gods that you dont believe in"

IANS wrote: "Yes."

Now just how is that unfair to you?

Fennario

#572386 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
but science is not about fairness so I dont expect scientific thinkers to have much equity in thought or action.
Another science hater brought to you courtesy of Jesus, Inc.

No, science is NOT about fairness. It's about discovering the laws and other features of the physical world using a particular method.
God Himself wrote:
You would love to hear that there is no evidence of a historical Jesus; but thats your fatal flaw.
I wouldn't care if there were a historical Jesus. How would that matter to me? That only matters to somebody who insists that a magic man named Jesus actually existed. And actual Jesus does nothing at all for that claim any more than an actual Jerusalem, Pilate and Rome do.

Fennario

#572387 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
The historical existence of Jesus is confessed even by people who should have been more interested to see his memory wiped out of the earth. Even those who should have preferred to see the memory of him wiped out reported about him.
What people? Josephus? Characters in the bible? What testimony are considering evidence of the existence of a historical Jesus?
God Himself wrote:
That stunt was tried by one evolution theory advocate who had to apologize for it.
At the point: 9:30
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =y4uG3qC6KBwXX&feature=rel ated
Stunt?

What was your point with that? What do you think happened there? Dawkins called Jesus myth and fantasy, then agreed that the matter was "under dispute," that it wasn't "a very important question," and then said that most historians - or most ancient historians - thought Jesus was a real person. I didn't hear any apology from Dawkins, nor do I see what he would have to apologize for.

Fennario

#572388 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
You are a liar and the product of liars.
With that statement, one of is a liar. As for being a product of liars, of the two of us, you're the Christian.

Maybe you can show me with a link and a quotation from me where I lied. Or maybe you can't. Either way, it should settle the matter of which of us is the liar here.
God Himself wrote:
You dont even understand what is meant by the expression "there is no need for God".
Who are you quoting? I had assumed that it was me. Although I agree with that comment, and believe that I posted something similar to it somewhere recently, I checked my records to review the context in which it was said, and could not find that quotation in them.

Assuming that you paraphrased me and reported it as an exact quotation, are you about to tell me what I meant, or what the words necessarily must mean?
God Himself wrote:
That term relates to the idea that it is not necessary to involve God in studying the universe
Not when I use it.

Fennario

#572389 Dec 12, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
The light from a candle is not meaningless because the candle is eventually blown out.
God Himself wrote:
But when all the world that the candle is in will dissolve into non-existence; the world, the light, the candle and even the person who lighted it are meaningless.
Jeez you are bleak fellow. Your philosophy is very dark indeed. You will die never having been a citizen of our universe, always waiting for death and the supernatural bus that you were promised would take you away and give your life meaning at last. How pathetic is that?

Fennario

#572390 Dec 12, 2012
God Himself wrote:
Why cant you people see that the thing which you are referring to as mythical and magical and supernatural IS NOT what other people hold to be God.
I think it is.
God Himself wrote:
People may describe God using those terms (mythical and magical and supernatural etc), but those terms may also be applied to the description of ice cream and massages and food.
Except that I can demonstrate ice cream. That's a big difference.
God Himself wrote:
Get it through your skull: YOUR IMPRESSION OF GOD IS FORMED FROM FAIRY TALES
That's what I would say about yours. You call the fairy tales your bible.
God Himself wrote:
SOME PEOPLE GET THEIR IMPRESSIONS OF GOD FROM EXPERIENCE.
That doesn't make them valid. Schizophrenics get their impressions from experience - the experience of delusions and hallucinations. So what?

Fennario

#572391 Dec 12, 2012
God Himself wrote:
it is scientific principle that a science cannot be based on a negative.
Nonsense.

You probably should know that we don't take our scientific instruction from amateurs in science, most especially Christians ones. Your antiscientific agenda is well known.

Fennario

#572392 Dec 12, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
You simply point out how science constantly falls flat and fails.
Another science hater compliments of Jesus, Inc.

Your church selfishly attempts to undermine confidence in science at great cost to the nation. One way is by rendering it more vulnerable to the manufactured doubt industry that is helping to pave the way for catastrophic global warming despite the warnings of climate scientists.

"You stare into your high definition plasma screen monitor, type into your cordless keyboard then hit enter which causes your computer to convert all that visual data into a binary signal that’s processed by millions of precise circuits, which is then converted to a frequency modulated signal to reach you wireless router where it is then converted to light waves and sent along a large fiber optics cable to be processed by a super computer on a mass server which then sends that bit you typed to a satellite orbiting the earth that was put there through the greatest feats of engineering and science, all so it could go back through a similar pathway to make it all the way here to my computer monitor 15,000 miles away from you just so you could say,“Science is all a bunch of man made hogwash.”- anon.

Fennario

#572393 Dec 12, 2012
God Himself wrote:
You must be a fool.

You are an ass-hole.
Tell us more about that promised "peace that passeth all understanding" and those "fruits of the spirit." How can I tap into them, too?

Fennario

#572394 Dec 12, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
choose which side of the homosexual and evolutionary war you're gonna fight for and then fight all the way, but don't think you can be accepted in both camps:)
The homosexual and evolutionary war? Is that like the French and Indian War?

Why is your church at war with gay people and science? In so doing, it makes itself a societal burden and an enemy to those of us who love people, harmony, and knowledge.

Your church is hateful and destructive. What does it offer us in return for that societal burden that we might be convinced to help you to preserve it rather than cheer its demise?

Since: Jul 11

Fremont, CA

#572395 Dec 12, 2012
I met GOD in ate 1981.He lived on Stella st.I was the manager of a garadge door Co.God had a goat that was his carpenter.His goat blew-up the new door and I put in a new one.When I was done he sent me across the street for two more new doors with oppeners.Hopefully he will read this as he is the only one who could verrify this other than me.

“http://www.stude ntshelp.info”

Since: Dec 12

http://www.studentshelp.info

#572396 Dec 12, 2012
stupid talk

Fennario

#572397 Dec 12, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
I genuinely love people. All people. I genuinely love God. But somewhere in the middle is the struggle. I am being asked to choose sides. Keep one and discard the other. I'm being asked to place value on half my brothers and sisters and damn the others.
You've nicely summarized the divisiveness and warring that characterizes the church.

I wrote a post to you yesterday that I didn't send because I thought that it might be too hurtful to you. But I'll post it now, and hope that you understand :

==========
Al Garcia wrote:
If I may take this a just a step further Karl, is there a good Christian in your point of view, that can project a Good and loving God?
There are a lot of good Christians. They don't project a god to me, though. They project the human spirit unsullied by their religion.

Look at you - an excellent Christian. Why? In my opinion, it's because you have rejected more of Christianity than most other Christians. This was also true of Christian spiritual geniuses like John Spong and Alan Watts, both ordained Christians.

The most prominent aspects of the god your church projects is ugly. It's all about sin, blame, superstition, judgment, punishment, and the like. It usually manifests as lying, threats of damnation, attacks on science, endless revisionism, specious apologetics, and attacks on atheists and gays. Most of us are repulsed by that "god."

You reject that. You reject most of your religion as other Christians typically practice it, As a result, you are closer in spirit to what we are than to the typical Christian. This is why you are so well accepted by the skeptics and why your fellow Christians despise you. It's also why you're a better person than they are.

What I am saying is that the less you have to do with that church and its culture, the better a person you are.

==========

I was reluctant to tell you that what I like about your Christianity is that you reject so much of it - at least as it is actually rendered in America. It's an ugly religion, Al, at least as it is generally practiced in America. What makes you better is rejecting most of it.

Sorry, I don't like saying that to you.
Al Garcia wrote:
I firmly believe that -we must learn to live together as brothers or perish as fools. There is a right way to live together rather than dwell on adversity.
Other Christians are angry that you won't fight the Homosexual And Evolution Wars. Humanists support your choice.

Since: Jul 11

Fremont, CA

#572399 Dec 12, 2012
winfredable wrote:
stupid talk
You accually thought that the message was for you.

Fennario

#572400 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The bible doesn't define what a day is to God, just that it's an indeterminate amount if time.
Apparently, you think that you need that to be true, so you hunker down and insist that it is. That's the kind of reality creation - spin -that characterizes religious thought.

"God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And there was evening and there was morning, the first day." - Genesis 1:5

This is why we don't let Christians tell us what their bible says, let alone what science is. You have no commitment to truth or reality.

Fennario

#572401 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
Despite all your flag waving, you actually have a pretty low opinion of your country to make an allegation like that. You called two houses of Congress and the president cowards and liars to a man.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Where did I say they were cowards? You added that in, big boy.
Right here:

RiversideRedneck wrote: "Yes, they lied. They wanted peace above all, just like toady. They would've said anything to prevent another jihad."

You wrote that they lied about their beliefs - what would be among their most cherished beliefs if they had held them as you imply - rather than face a conflict. That is the definition of a coward. And a liar.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
They did lie. Sometimes it's necessary to lie in order to have peace. Especially when you're dealing with late 1700's Muslim pirates.....
I reject your values. You're what is unflatteringly called an appeaser.

I remember hearing that word levied at people like me in 2002-03, when we were protesting Bush's rush to his war of aggression. We were called cowards, traitors, appeasers, America haters and the aiders and abettors of terrorists.

What should we call somebody who advocates lies about his beliefs to avoid a conflict? What if they are representing a nation and doing it on a document that will be preserved for posterity? Whatever that is, that is what you are calling those people.

I don't think that that Congress and president were liars or cowards at all. I think that they wrote what they understood to be the truth.

Fennario

#572402 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
An acceptable definition to anyone about evolution is that organisms evolve, but we don't know how or why and we sure as shit don't know that all life on this planet evolved from ONE single celled organism! but we don't know how or why ...
That's not an acceptable definition of either the process or the theory of (biological) evolution. It doesn't even come close.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
... and we sure as shit don't know that all life on this planet evolved from ONE single celled organism!
Actually, we do know that, even if you don't. The evidence is overwhelming.

I realize that you think that you need it to be otherwise, and so, for you it is.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
We also don't know how life even began on this planet, so your whine Darwinian theory is shot to shit.
Darwin's theory is unrelated to the pathway of abiogenesis.

As I just said, this kind of misinformation and lack of sophistication in matters of even basic science is why we don't take the objections about science from faith based sources seriously.

Fennario

#572403 Dec 12, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
Exactly what is gay friendly
I can only tell you approximately. Roughly, it means that I treat my gay friends with respect rather than with harsh condemnation.
Somali Pirate wrote:
Sorry I don't feel like digging up her post.....
Whose post?
Somali Pirate wrote:
Gay friendly is not identifying someone as gay.
Thanks for the heads up.
Somali Pirate wrote:
Do you refer to straight people as straight the same way you refer to gay people as gay????
Yes. So do you, apparently. You just did.
Greens - Tuf

Sydney, Australia

#572404 Dec 12, 2012
<quoted text>
Another science hater brought to you courtesy of Jesus, Inc.
No, science is NOT about fairness. It's about discovering the laws and other features of the physical world using a particular method.
<quoted text>
I wouldn't care if there were a historical Jesus. How would that matter to me? That only matters to somebody who insists that a magic man named Jesus actually existed. And actual Jesus does nothing at all for that claim any more than an actual Jerusalem, Pilate and Rome do.
Physical world ? Don't you mean material world, which is a world of illusion.
I think god done a great job in confusing 90% of the human race. You have no idea, not that you should have any idea. That's the whole idea of it. If you knew your cause than I can guarantee you that the Universe would not be still expanding. It would of collapsed in on it self long ago.

Fennario

#572405 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
You're a poster child for atheism indoctrination.
I'm sure that you meant that as an insult.

FYI: "Atheism" is a noun. You were looking for an adjective such as "atheistic".

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 7 min Rick in Kansas 97,836
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min hojo 573,464
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 16 min AN NFL FAN 121,312
Renzenberger : STEALING MILLIONS from their dri... 27 min Pinkbrowning 11
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 34 min To Skunk BT42 608,066
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 44 min Holy Virgin Dr Sh... 33,174
Whatsapp group Hot n Sexy for guys and girls 1 hr miguel 33
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 268,741
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 13 hr same 199
More from around the web