Sharkey

United States

#572289 Dec 11, 2012
aleschasergeevih wrote:
<quoted text>
God is there, because there we are!
Right.
I suppose the stork must have brought you here instead of your parents having sex and your mother giving birth to you.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#572290 Dec 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Psssst..... God probably made alternate time lines.... Just saying.....

No but that's why I invented Omega 13.

Location hidden

#572292 Dec 11, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
The light from a candle is not meaningless because the candle is eventually blown out.
A single photon emitted from a candle is not unlike like a diamond.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#572293 Dec 11, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
It's been so long since I've seen Grease.
Perhaps I've forgotten how AWESOME it is.
Don't Hulk out on me. I'm fragile.
That's better!:-)

You don't know how lucky you are, coz once i turn green, that's it.

I just like the singing and dancing, I understand if that's not your cup of tea.

You know, howcome Hulks shorts don't come off when he changes??

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#572294 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
So if time exists then either god knows the future or he is powerless to change it.....
Just think man you can't win this. It is not possible to be both. You can't be in 2 places at 1 time.
God can't be omniscient and omnipotent. It defies logic and the entire concept of the words and ideas. You need new words, ideas, or gods.
In God's Universe he makes the rules. Not the other way around. God is not restricted to our understanding of the rules of the universe.
Sharkey

United States

#572295 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Gen 1:2, God moved upon the face of the water......
C'mon, dude. Does water have a face?! It's metaphorical.
The bible doesn't define what a day is to God, just that it's an indeterminate amount if time.
Goodbye, troll.
Wait a minute.
You say "it's metaphorical" ...but vehemently insist they must "follow the rules or go to hell"?
Is the bible LITERAL, or METAPHORAL?
Metophorical "rules" are unfollowable.

"Tace of" the water means surface. Thus, rises the belief that "Jesus can walk on water" for those who believe Jesus is "god". Some religious people believe in this, RR, and they will call you a blasphemer if you don't toe their "God walking on water" line. It's one of "Jesus' Miracles".

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#572296 Dec 11, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
No but that's why I invented Omega 13.
Tide: activate the Omega 13
Duncan: the omega 13 has been activated
Jason: Omega 13 is up and running. Head for the hills folks!......

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572297 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
What you seem to be asking is that God impress Himself upon your or their consciousnesses.
Don't you Christians tell us that your god wants to be known and loved very much? If so, it was extremely shrewd of such a god to go into hiding, give man the faculty of reason and doubt, fail to answer prayer whenever it is studied scientifically, write a bad bible, and stock the world with stratified fossils and nested hierarchies of molecular and anatomical structures.
God Himself wrote:
But if He did that, then you would not have reached knowledge by force and not by reason; and that is little different from oppression.
Your thinking is inscrutable to me. This reasoning is so tortured as to be unintelligible. Oppression is hiding from me, and then sending me to hell for being fooled.
God Himself wrote:
One can lead a horse to water; but he cannot force that horse to drink. He can use things to communicate to you, but if you don't decide to listen, you don't have to hear Him Speak.
A second ago, I was told that being shown your god would be oppressive. Apparently, that was expedient then.

Now, you depict the god as being as obvious as water to a horse dragged to a watering hole so that you can blame me for not accepting the claim that it exists. That's expedient now.

Typical for apologetics.

"When the philosopher's argument becomes tedious, complicated, and opaque, it is usually a sign that he is attempting to prove as true to the intellect what is plainly false to common sense”- Edward Abbey
Sharkey

United States

#572298 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just 76% of us are Christian.
Sorry, America is a Christian nation, with secular laws.
~~~ grins ~~~
America is NOT a "Christian nation". The Founding Fathers believed in a "god" NOT "the Christian god".
If there was a "god" why would he just be Christian? That sounds more like an idol than a real "god".
If we were a "Christian Nation" we would NOT be lighting the National Menorah for Hanukkah (a Jewish holiday).
And don't call it a "Judeo-Christian" nation either, there are too many Christians here that hate Jews.

Location hidden

#572299 Dec 11, 2012
polymath257 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I am very aware of singularities, black holes, and other things that would shock you about the real world. but there *are* negative arguments in science and it does, in fact, work quite well. For example, you are able to use a computer because of our understanding of science.
GASP! embrace the wave!

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#572300 Dec 11, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Not really. Most people are "altruistic" so THEY can look good. Their "altruism" really isn't for the reciever, it's only to assuage the GIVER's own guilty consience.
People can APPEAR "altruistic" but that's all it is - an APPEARANCE. A mask. A fake.
Most people are PHONIES.
Calm down there Holden Caulfield.
Sharkey

United States

#572301 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
awww......
I thought I was the worthierest of your time.
Yup. A day is a day is a day - to humans....
Yes, to humans living in the real world and not in fantasyland.
Now it's time for you to come back down to this real world and join the rest of the humans.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#572302 Dec 11, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why am i talking to someone who's great concern is to be able to view penis' in public restrooms???
I am busy tonight

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572303 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
God dam it my last reply to you troll.....
We do know how and why evolution occurs. Google average human height. Why are whites from Europe blacks from Africa......
God only made 2 people..... Your bible proves evolution. He did not make 2 whites 2 blacks 2 Indians 2........
Organisms change EVOLVE and adapt over time.
You skipped over the part about all life coming from one organism...

You athitards always do.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572304 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
All that meaningfulness means nothing WHEN the certain scale of space and time is ended. Your life is meaninglessly meaningful. I get it. By the way, in light of scientific fact that you provided, all that meaning you speak of is pure philosophy and "pipe dreaming". Science proves/supports my claim that your existence is meaningless, eventually futile. Science itself agrees with me that your existence is meaningless.
You seem frustrated. You seem committed to calling the lives of those who won't validate your choices meaningless.

As I've said, your philosophy is not appealing at all. It's not healthy. It's dead on a cross.

Location hidden

#572305 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Implication is local; meaning is both local and global.
One thing can MEAN countless things in countless places; but one thing will only have a limited number of IMPLICATIONS.
Meaning has no rational significance without a mind to comprehend it; so while nothing nor anyone will exist in the distant future (that you speculate of), all meanings is lost in time.

Are you on the Jamaican Bobsled team or something?

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

#572306 Dec 11, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
That's better!:-)
You don't know how lucky you are, coz once i turn green, that's it.
I just like the singing and dancing, I understand if that's not your cup of tea.
You know, howcome Hulks shorts don't come off when he changes??
I'm thinking he wears stretch pants.

Do you want them to come off? Hmmmm?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572307 Dec 11, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Is it coz you r men, that's why u don't like grease? maybe it's coz u r old too??
Grease came out when I was a teen, darling. It was made in my time. I was more into movies like Star Wars, not chick-flick sing-along movies.

Another reason why I hate Grease, my ex-wife lives it.

Any happily divorced guys out there can testify to that.

Location hidden

#572308 Dec 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
I never said time does not exist.
Then you need to buy a meter, I can sell you one Cheap :).

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572309 Dec 11, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's called special pleading. Everything else is subject to laws that you need to have apply to justify your god's, including the universe itself, except your god, who you also need to have excused from these laws. If those rules are valid, then let it be the singularity or the multiverse that needs no cause.
From Pat Condell:
"Faith-peddlers like to put themselves beyond question by claiming that their faith transcends reason, the very thing that calls it to account. How convenient. Yes, faith transcends reason the way a criminal transcends the law.
"The word "transcendent" is very popular with religious hustlers because they never have to explain precisely what they mean by it, other than some vague superior state of understanding more profound than mere reason, which is crude and simplistic next to the subtleties and profundities of belief without evidence.
"If you hear a senior clergyman (and you will) using the word “transcendent" to explain the nonsense he claims to believe, then you know two things: one: he doesn't know what he's talking about, and two: he doesn't want you to know what he's talking about either."
You're a poster child for atheism indoctrination.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
how long after taking the Vivitrol shot can i f... (Nov '12) 9 min Nicole543 63
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 10 min AN NFL FAN 119,224
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min Michael 554,836
Israel's end is near, Ahmadinejad says (Jun '07) 12 min Grau 37,638
Best Black Friday Deals 2014 14 min BLACK FRIDAY 1
Best Of anime movies 20 min PDX Dave 2
Do you Think Pageants are good for teenagers (Feb '12) 31 min Clarence688 6
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Dr_Zorderz 263,422
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr waaasssuuup 603,594
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr WildWeirdWillie 175,036

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE