God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572194 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Lol. So you start by saying a negative is only a description, it's defined only by a positive.....
Then one could never present the negative with out first proving the positive. But you can't prove the positive exists with out a negative.
It's a dead end argument......
Is it?

So is science based on a dead argument? After all it is scientific principle that a science cannot be based on a negative.

I know that negative and positive support each other. Its you that must justify the sudden and radical change in your thought on a principle that is fundamental to science.

By the way, did you reach your conclusion of "dead argument" by way of consensus or is it just your subjective (more accurately "subjected") observation?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#572200 Dec 11, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks. I didn't mind the nude shots on the video effects. The instrumental parts I couldn't listen to very long. The voice is not bad, but the style of music doesn't attract me that much. If I had a choice between that and rap, then I would pick that. Rap I wouldn't listen, to as much of it isn't music anyway, but just some guy/girl, who can't sing, speaking words and a lot of noise in the background.
Now what do you think of Ken Curtis, Festus from Gunsmoke, and star of Ripcord - replaced Frank Sinatra on Tommy Dorsey for a few years? Try actor Ned Beatty. So far you haven't recognized any of those names, right, and the tv shows were before you were born.
Roger Whittaker, Gordon Lightfoot *, Anne Murray, Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Stompin Tom Connors *, Hank Williams Sr, some Elvis Presley, some Beatles, Charley Pride *, Harry Belafonte *, John McDermott *(saw him in concert with Nana Mouskouri), 3 Tenors (one now dead), Strauss, Mozart, and most of the other old classical but not opera.
* I have seen in concert.
Jim Reeves would be my overall favorite of the above.
Two other world famous Canadians, Celine Dion - like some of hers; Shania Twain (probably haven't heard much of her but she is cute. My brother lived with her 1st cousin for a few years, and I think met her a at a relative's funeral)
Now one of the biggest music stars today, who was raised in a town not far from where I lived for a number of years, and I have been there many times, is Justin Bieber, but I haven't heard his singing, and probably would not be interested in it.
I am definitely not 'with it', right?
I was to a Rolling Stones concert in 2005, which was phenomenal, but I would not likely have gone across the street to see them otherwise, but my spouse at the time wanted to go, and they put on an amazing show with great effects. I think mainly what capture me was the two old guys who have abused themselves all their lives could still put on a show, and Mick Jagger never stopped running across the stage for the entire performance.
lol!

Nah, I don't understand rap either.

Who is justin Bieber? lol. Only 12 year old girls have a crush on that dummy. Back in my day, john trovolta was a real man!! hehehehe, look at the God walking, there is no man that can ever beat him, not even christian bale!!! He is the hottest thing i've ever seen!!!

I do recognise some of those names, I'm an old fashioned British girl. My papa is 'white' even though he has brown skin. He was born and brought up in England, until he married my mummy he couldn't even speak his own language. I was a daddy's girl and me and my papa used to watch old westerns starring john wayne etc...

I used to love watching musicals with gene kelly in them, omg, he taught me that newspapers can be fun if you dance on them! lol. His dancing can always make ya smile!!:-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

My papa wasn't a big fan of Rolling Stones, so that's why i'm not either. We love the Bee Gees and songs like, this is a man's world....
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572201 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't the basic tenant of religion god made everything so he is the reason for everything.
If god exists science would prove it. Science is a search for the answer, if the answer is god; that's the answer.
All "science" says is prove it. How is that propaganda. I will concede your point if you are correct and can factually prove it.
You listen to your Sunday school teacher to much. Science is not evil or anti-god. Use YOUR mind instead of regurgitating what you hear on Sundays.
No. Science does not say "prove it". Science PROVIDES a method/s of proving whatever you want.

"Science (from Latin scientia, meaning "knowledge") is a systematic enterprise that builds and organizes knowledge in the form of testable explanations and predictions about the universe." [wikipedia.com]

It is you that are spreading propaganda by claiming that people believe in all kinds of foolishness such as myths when they mention God.

I am the one seeking justification for what I believe by reasoning, even without making reference to religious text; while you are repeating what you are taught in your schools. Yet you accuse me of regurgitating? You must be a fool.

At what point have I said that science is in itself evil or anti-god?

It is you that are evil and anti-god; science provides methods that can be used effectively in investigating the existence of God.

Stop projecting your stupidity onto others. You search yourself for the most absurd ideas then claim that it is other people who espouse them. You are an ass-hole.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572203 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you define your god?
God is true...[JESU(S)]
HickUp

North Augusta, SC

#572204 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You demonstrate illiteracy.
Have you not read the analogies I used?
I am trying to say that what you see or how you perceive is relative to your position, and more often than not, your disposition also.
I am saying that whatever can do all things, will be whatever you want it to be. While God is that which is Omnipotent, He has all potentials that one attributes to Him; good, bad, ugly, creative, destructive...
Can you reason?
Can you exercise critical thinking?
Does the fact that electrons only appear as particles when they are observed (please refer to double slit experiment) mean they are anything you decide they are or imagine them to be?
OK, I got it now. God is an electron. That explains at least some of his interactions with the physical world. Hopefully someone will come up with a way to detect electrons or maybe even harness them for a usefull purpose.

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#572206 Dec 11, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
lol!
Nah, I don't understand rap either.
Who is justin Bieber? lol. Only 12 year old girls have a crush on that dummy. Back in my day, john trovolta was a real man!! hehehehe, look at the God walking, there is no man that can ever beat him, not even christian bale!!! He is the hottest thing i've ever seen!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =V1e5h9YSe_kXX
I do recognise some of those names, I'm an old fashioned British girl. My papa is 'white' even though he has brown skin. He was born and brought up in England, until he married my mummy he couldn't even speak his own language. I was a daddy's girl and me and my papa used to watch old westerns starring john wayne etc...
I used to love watching musicals with gene kelly in them, omg, he taught me that newspapers can be fun if you dance on them! lol. His dancing can always make ya smile!!:-)
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
My papa wasn't a big fan of Rolling Stones, so that's why i'm not either. We love the Bee Gees and songs like, this is a man's world....
Did you hear about Travolta sexually accosting his male masseuses?

Since: Dec 12

London, UK

#572207 Dec 11, 2012
Why? And no one can prove for sure that God exists, all depends on their particular beliefs.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572209 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
If god exists than he is definable as an absolute or you must concede there are many gods or no god.
2+2=4
Always, it is a provable absolute. If god exists he cannot exist in many forms only 1. No matter who or what language is used to describe it, perception does not change what it is.
Define god so he can be proven or disproven.
How can I provide one single definition for something that has infinite potential/capacity, i.e. Omnipotent?

The most accurate definition of God that I can give is that He is the Source of all that is and the cause of all that is not.

My only obligation as it relates to science as such, in light of my definition; is to prove that all things came from a "Single Source"; and thats not too hard. All things are comprised of energy so I already have a start, in that I know all things shared a common attribute.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572210 Dec 11, 2012
HickUp wrote:
<quoted text>
...God is an electron...
Where/how was that implied?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572211 Dec 11, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
RIIIIGHT...
It's a book of mythology.
You tell'em, Ar Ar.
It's not a mythology book either, scar scar....

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#572215 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey al did you forget about me? Or you don't have an answer so you moved on.....
Sorry Pirate. I didn't forget. Didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#572216 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
But when all the world that the candle is in will dissolve into non-existence; the world, the light, the candle and even the person who lighted it are meaningless.
I disagree. Meaning is a local, not a global phenomenon. it happens here and now, and is not removed by the distant future.

Location hidden

#572218 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Omniscience and omnipotence are not human attributes not limitations.
By their very definition they are limitless. Unless you claim that god does not exist not does infinity.
But they ARE human limitations and you'd love to believe that God is as limited as we are so you can "disprove" Him.

Location hidden

#572219 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are not worth my time. Your name is perfect. God created days before man.
A day is a day is a day. You can't have an argument and redefine words to fit your meaning.
awww......

I thought I was the worthierest of your time.

Yup. A day is a day is a day - to humans....

Location hidden

#572220 Dec 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that we're not a christian nation.
No, just 76% of us are Christian.

Sorry, America is a Christian nation, with secular laws.

~~~ grins ~~~

Location hidden

#572222 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you define your god?
According to the athitards, God, aka skydaddy, is an old white guy with a long white beard that literally lives in the sky.....

I think y'all are taking your teachings of Santa Claus and mixing them up with God.

Athitards are cute.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#572223 Dec 11, 2012
Lady Derringer wrote:
<quoted text>What are you trying to say? No offense but you lost me.
The argument is made that we are meaningless simply because everything we know will pass away. I disagree. meaning, as far as I can see, is here and now, not some time in the future. We are the burning candle. We don't lose meaning simply because we die.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#572224 Dec 11, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>You still trying to kiss butt! Well I am not Catcher and I am not gay, so your butt dragging does not work here. You might wish to try God instead of the six 40 oz. Budweisers you are accustomed to and the toilet you often to pray over. Then and only then will you understand that Christ is civility and you lack it, because civility without truth is not civil. In other words, your butt kissing is not civil to anyone accept the butt you kiss and then that is subject to interpretation.
Try again, lil boy.
I try to figure you out. You call yourself Christlike yet you are hateful. If a man of God is preaching hate, fear and putting people at odds with God, then that's not truth. That's not helping humanity. That's like trying to defeat someone. And if its defeat that you wish then you are choosing to defeat a person rather than helping them win.
In that process if they lose, you too will lose.

Location hidden

#572225 Dec 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Pirate. I didn't forget. Didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way.
Didjya notice that Rubidoux's cross is still standing proud?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#572226 Dec 11, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Like he said, science can't be built on negative arguments. You simply point out how science constantly falls flat and fails. You also forgot about singularities, black holes, quantum physics and zero gravity physics.
Not at all. I am very aware of singularities, black holes, and other things that would shock you about the real world. but there *are* negative arguments in science and it does, in fact, work quite well. For example, you are able to use a computer because of our understanding of science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min atemcowboy 548,566
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 8 min Catcher1 174,424
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 9 min An NFL Fan 118,645
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 10 min RADEKT 261,650
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 20 min feces for jesus 96,121
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 21 min USN Atheist 5,457
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 47 min MeHere 388
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Truths 602,167
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 1 hr flatbushsam 126

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE