JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572440 Dec 12, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>

I tend to see Salvation as a process of transcending the physical state not perfecting it in itself; because man is necessarily restricted by the limits of his physical being.
i disagree.

See, salvation must be integral - no part of existence (material, emotional, vital or mental) must be left out.

Every aspect of existence should be purified and perfected by infusing the lower reaches of existence with the superior powers of the higher ranges of consciousness-energy so that the whole system vibrates as a singularity. Perfection is the aim. Once this is achieved, then, there is no coming and no going. One simply IS!

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#572441 Dec 12, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and let me ask you, if Creation is proved,(which it has been in intelligent design) what does that do to your evolution THEORY?
Scientists will admit two things
1. something can not be created from nothing
2. the intelligence in a single cell is beyond mans ability to grasp it in fullness.
I wonder why the WORLD has always used a time measuring term such as (AD & BC)?
- nothing in science is proved, so your first line is not possible
- ID cannot even be tested, let alone "proved," which demonstrates your poor understanding of science
BUT, let's pretend you are correct and the ID people somehow came up with a real theory - please, remember that they honestly admit they don't have a scientific theory (on their website, they admit this). Remember that a theory requires the ability to explain a diverse, but related group of phenomena. In this case, biology. That would mean that ID would provide us explanations for why bacteria evolve drug resistance and offer testable, disprovable solutions for how to counter them.
Can you please imagine such a scenario?
ID: the Creator of the universe decided that He wanted multidrug resistant Tuberculosis.
Medical researcher 1: Ok. What do we do?
Medical research 2: We test a bunch of new drugs and try to overcome the Creator's wishes.
Medical researcher 1: Sounds pretty risky. Don't you think the Creator will be upset if we interfere with His plan?
Medical researcher 2: What else are we doing to do? We need to make money for our pharmaceutical company, that the Creator also Created, or they will fire us.
Medical researcher 1: Ok.
NEWS! Tuberculosis, in 2011, evolved Total Drug Immunity.
Medical researcher 1: Crap! The Creator of the Universe decided that He didn't care for our drug cocktail solution to his MTDTB and so Created Total Drug Immune TB.
Medical researcher 2: Damn. I guess God hates children and the poor.
United in faith: You are too indoctrinated and stupid to understand biological science. I don't care that you believe in God and I don't care that you are incapable of understanding biological science.
What I am happy is that people like me couldn't care less about what people like you think. We work on our science anyways and we pity you. But you know what? At the end of the day you are going to have access to first line pharmaceuticals to fight the pathogens that are evolving to eat you anyways - because we, the scientists, actually care about reality and we care about people.
Even if you want to f*ck the children of the future with your stupid f*cking worthless creationist shhite.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572442 Dec 12, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
We like River. In an avuncular sort of way, of course.
Agreed.

Great word, BTW - avuncular.

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#572443 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed.
Great word, BTW - avuncular.
I like it, too. One doesn't see it nearly often enough.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#572444 Dec 12, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
I've never endorsed slavery and I don't believe in "race." But if you mean "why did Japanese have slaves?" I'll answer with "because they were not perfectly moral." Are you trying to tell me that the Japanese claim to be perfectly moral in the same manner that your claim that of your deity?
You claim your deity is perfectly moral - it is quite clearly not. And we know this because your bible does not describe a moral being, but some kind of bullying murderous stalker.
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"why did Japanese have slaves?"
BECAUSE THEY'RE FALLEN HUMANS, LIKE YOU! don't think for a moment that if you were living as a privleged japanese person when slavery was an accepted cultural behavior that you wouldn't have had one....cuz you'd be lying!
guess where most of slavery is STILL going on: in AFRICA & ASIA!!!
Humans are not fallen. Your religion is putrifyingly ill. It comes with instructions on how to treat slaves.

What we need are clear policies against slavery. It's utterly unacceptable - but right now the world doesn't care so much because it likes cheap chocolate and is shy about criticizing the male sex drive.

The two largest fronts in slavery right now are the sex trade, for men, and the chocolate industry. You also have extremely low paid labor in every single factor in Myanmar, China, Thailand and more. It's abject slavery, but the developed nations like their cheap goods.

So if you want to get all high and mighty about slavery, admit your religion's terrible history with it and address the repulsive way in which your Bible treats slavery - and then start helping the world.

Wasn't it one of your spiritual leaders who said "pull the mote out of your own eye before you try to pull the one out of mine?"

But we both know you're here because you want to feel better than others. That drives your posting behavior. Deep down, you hate your sinning self and it makes you lash out at others.

Stop. Please stop. Pray to your deity, cleanse your soul. You are troubled and need help. You aren't doing very well. It's not working, your issues burst at the seams like the sunrise behind a windowed doorway.

Work on you.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#572445 Dec 12, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>That's our girl!
Sometimes I worry...
Sometimes you should.

I hold spiders in my hand. I let them rest in my hair.

My classmates think I'm weird. Go figure.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#572446 Dec 12, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You can't see the similarity?
They have the same beard, they're both old men, they both keep a naughty and nice list, they both bribe you to be good, you have to write to one and pray to the other, they both descend from and alight to inaccessible realms, and you never see either.
The only difference is that they later tell you that Santa is a myth. You have to figure the god part out on your own.
Fantastic.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572447 Dec 12, 2012
QUESTION:

If this god of the believers is "spirit" then what is "spirit" in terms of its material and force composition?

(smiles)
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572448 Dec 12, 2012
A NOTE ON THIS NONSENSE CALLED SPIRIT:

1) Spirit is not mind as some moron suggested.

2) Spirit is not the life-force or the vital principle of consciousness-energy as suggested by the ignorant Hebrew patriarchs.

3) Mind is a grade - the deductive aspect - of the manifested unified field of consciousness-energy.

4) Life-force is the vitalizing or animating principle of the manifested unified field of consciousness-energy that is poised between mind on the higher side and the physical dimension on the lower side.

5) Life-force animates matter by infusing it to some degree.

6) This form of animated matter is called the physico-vital range of consciousness-force.

7) Sensations and desires are other aspects of the vital principle.

8) The most material aspect of the physico-vital maintains life in the body and animates the organs.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572449 Dec 12, 2012
QUESTIONS:

1) During moments of sadness or depression, why do we feel a dull, constricted and slightly painful sensation in the center of the chest region?

2) Why are these symptoms of suffering not felt in the brain since most believe, as science tells us, that the brain is everything?

(smiles)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#572450 Dec 12, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, just 76% of us are Christian.
Sorry, America is a Christian nation, with secular laws.
~~~ grins ~~~
It's a nation that has a majority of christians.

That in no way makes it a christian nation.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#572451 Dec 12, 2012
JOEL wrote:
QUESTIONS:

2) Why are these symptoms of suffering not felt in the brain since most believe, as science tells us, that the brain is everything?
(smiles)
When did science tell you that the brain is everything?

Did you pay those that told you that?

Do you have a receipt?

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

In the macro world.

#572452 Dec 12, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
When did science tell you that the brain is everything?
Did you pay those that told you that?
Do you have a receipt?
And is there a return policy?
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572453 Dec 12, 2012
(smiles)

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572454 Dec 12, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>...what? Christmas is not just a holiday for the US, you know.
Other people in other countries celebrate Christmas and they don't call themselves "Christian nations".
That "Christian Nation" stuff is just a marketing slogan to give the appearence of "unity" where there is none. Hell, you Christians can't even decide who "god" is.
It sounds good to the gullible masses. Just advertisement.
Ya, I know. Christmas is celebrated around the world.

Yup, the whole world has accepted that we celebrate Jesus' birthday on Dec 25th.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572455 Dec 12, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>Your mother would hurt you even worse if she could hear the crap you say about women.
You wouldn't be able to sit down for a week, if ever again.
You KNOW how MAMAS are!
Insult women - you're insulting your mother.
lol

My mama don't hit, papa did all the hittin.

So.....

Thanks for showing your fear of women.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572456 Dec 12, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It is impossible to have omnipotence, omnipresence, omniscience, omnibenevolence (none of which appear in the Bible, by the way) and free will. Those five concepts together are incompatible. One has to give way. Ergo, it's all nonsense.
Huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572457 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
I think 25% is too much, that can't be normal.
I was yoking, Clem. That is too much....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572458 Dec 12, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Christmas is not a Christian holiday. None of what we traditionally celebrate as Christmas, from Santa to the tree, is remotely Christian. None of the other holidays have roots in Christianity, at all. Fail.
Huh?

The celebration of Jesus' birth isn't Christian?

lol, you athitards really stretch the truth.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572459 Dec 12, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
you're right, I only know a Catcher1!
LMAO! Oh ya..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min marge 586,011
jawan bhanji ki chudai kaise karu (Apr '13) 3 min rajivas 96
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 9 min lightbeamrider 2,319
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 16 min MUQ2 40,237
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 35 min seotop 176,579
Bizarre things can happen to everybody everywhe... 55 min uncover 1
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr Paul Porter1 99,321
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 270,840
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 hr Remnant of 144000 611,950
More from around the web