Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

NOAH'S ARK - A MYTH:

Numerous deluges have inundated large tracts of land on the earth at various points in time. But, a global flood as described in the Bible? Mmmmm....

So, to begin with the progeny of Adam and Eve married and procreated incestuously and now after the global flood Noah and his family must surely have incestuously produced more offspring to propagate the human race in view of the fact that the rest of humankind was wiped out.

Same for the animals he took on board his ark.

Did he take all the minor and major species? What about floral life forms? And microbes?

Incidentally, the name Noah is derived from the Sanskrit word Manu and a similar deluge account is narrated in the Indian scriptures.

LOL.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
tell me why should xians care about environment since they believe they will spend eternity in heaven looking down on us laughing how we suffer?
religion doesnt give you incentive to be good,or caring,its that simple,thats why christianity must die
what kind of crazy nonscense is that?

Christians will not be looking down and watching you suffer.

Christianity DOES give you the roap map to rightness and goodness.

Christianity has been on this earth over 2,000 yrs and it expands.
It won't be gone until Christ returns to rapture out the church and those who are saved.
and then judgement comes.

God chose you to live on this earth.
God blesses your life every day with (hopefully) health, family, friends, a place to live, food to eat, and every good thing that you experience.

God sent His Son to pay your sin debt so you wouldn't have to.
God offers you ETERNAL life.
thats LOVE beyond anything you can imagin.

so why are you against Christians?
and how does it benefit you to go through your life harboring anger and hate when you don't have to?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

christianity is EVIL wrote:
also christianity is no incentive to be good If you can steal,kill etc and simply accept Jebus in the end and all is cool!
that is NOT the way it works.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
Use the principle of causation to verify your belief in the existence of the extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic and creationist deity. You will discover that it cannot be done. Give it a try, the way i have asked you to do so.
Begin by defining the term "spirit" in terms of its material and force composition.
Then proceed to explaining how the basic materials - consciousness and energy - were fabricated by this god from nothing.
The tell us how consciousness and energy can be reduced to nothing.
Also explain how this god with no causal connection to the universe can sustain and govern the universe from his extra-cosmic lair.
Give the detailed mechanisms of all the stages involved and support your answers with sound reasonings and empirical proof, wherever possible.
Good luck.
(smiles)
lol
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

NOTE:

Incest, inbreeding and hypogamy violate the laws of biology and the result of indulging in these eugenic perversions is genetic disaster with the proliferation of abnormal or dysfunctional types of human beings that mar the smooth functioning of being and society at large.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JESUS ADVOCATED VIOLENCE, SECTARIANISM & FANATICISM:

i can understand the naked violence and bloodshed and hatred and sectarianism indulged in by YHVH, the Hebrew pagan deity. But, for the exalted Prince of Peace, Jesus, to exhibit bigotry and advocate violence is a big shock:

1)36 and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

- Luke, 22/36

2) Christ also declared in the New Testament (Matthew, 10/34) that he has come not for peace but to wield a sword.

3) Jesus also says in another chapter of the New Testament (John, 15/6) that one who does not seek shelter in him, will be thrown like a withered branch of tree fit to be burnt in fire.

4) Christ categorically says in the New Testament (Mark, 16/16) that he who believes and is baptized, shall be saved, while he who does not believe (in Christ and Christianity) shall be damned.

5)27. But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. Luke, 19/27

What kind of a Prince of Peace was Jesus? LOL.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

lol
LMAO.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Bye, boyz. Later.

(smiles)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

United in faith wrote:
Boots:
today there was a news article on ABC news.
recapping an interview with Christiane Amanpour (news anchor) with a renowned and well know underwater Archaeologist ROBERT BALLARD. The same archaeologist who found and uncovered the famous Titantic.
He is on a mission to find proof of the Flood of Noah.
which he has.
using high tech Marine robotic technology in the black sea he and his team have uncovered an ancient shoreline some 400 ft below surface, and the carbon dating of the shells and coral date to 5000BC which is the approx time of Noahs flood.
His discoveries do prove a catcestrophic event of a world wide flood.
pay close attention.
There will be a 2 part serious called "Back to the begining" by Christian Amanpour with the Archaeologist on Dec 28th (friday) at 9PM ET on ABC
the site i read the news article on was
abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-b...
you can watch the news series yourself on it Dec 28 at 9 pm ET on ABC ....
so don't argue with me about it until AFTER you view the 2 part series for yourself.
I had to google the story as your link only gave me a page with a lot of advertising and titles on it, but I did find the ABC story. It seems Ballard thinks he can prove, which others have already believed, that a major flood did occur in the Black Sea area, which could have been caused by an increase in water levels which caused the water to rush into the Black Sea area or generally the area of the Bible stories, burying towns etc, in that area.

Ballard believes that this might then "prove" that the story of Noah's Flood was based on legends about a real flood which covered a small part of a small part of the earth.

Some of the above was put into my own words for lack of memory of what I read.

Ballard is not going to prove that Noah's Flood actually occurred nor is that his intention. He just wants to see if the myth was based on a real flood of a smaller area, which, I thought, has already been proved anyway.

We still know from lots of other archeological and geological findings, and through scientific calculations that the Noah's Flood did not ever occur on the planet Earth after life started here. The earth at some point in the beginning may have all been molten so at that time it would have been 'flooded' with molten metals, etc.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
LMAO.
Ok, genius..... You wrote:

"Use the principle of causation to verify your belief in the existence of the extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic and creationist deity. You will discover that it cannot be done."

Use the principle of causation to verify your belief in the existence of every life on earth evolving from one single cell organism. You will discover that it cannot be done.

But I'm sure your beliefs are too strong to argue with logically.

"My personal feeling is that understanding evolution led me to atheism."
-Richard Dawkins

Again I lol.

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Lady Derringer wrote:
Three Questions:
1.) Someone at a party over the weekend (almost caused WW3)was saying there was someone before God. They said it was on You-Tube. Has anyone else heard this rumour?
2.) Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was a prophet and not the son of God.
3.) Doesn't the Christian's and Muslim's main belief contradict each other in a way?
I don't recall Jesus being called the son of God, only the Son of man.(Mt 24:30, etc.)

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

United in faith wrote:
Boots:
today there was a news article on ABC news.
recapping an interview with Christiane Amanpour (news anchor) with a renowned and well know underwater Archaeologist ROBERT BALLARD. The same archaeologist who found and uncovered the famous Titantic.
He is on a mission to find proof of the Flood of Noah.
which he has.
using high tech Marine robotic technology in the black sea he and his team have uncovered an ancient shoreline some 400 ft below surface, and the carbon dating of the shells and coral date to 5000BC which is the approx time of Noahs flood.
His discoveries do prove a catcestrophic event of a world wide flood.
The article doesn't say his discoveries prove a world wide flood.
http://abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-sug...

It does say Ballard is attempting to prove a world wide flood, but that the area he is looking at is thought to have been affected by a localized flood that occurred when the Mediterranean Sea flooded the Black Sea region. The shells and coral date to 5000BCE, but the oldest artifact he has discovered so far dates to 500BCE.

Additionally...

Here are some problems for the biblical "world wide" flood.
5th millennium BCE in North American history
http://en.wikipedia.org
List of archaeological periods (North America)
/wiki/List_of_archaeological_p eriods_%28North_America%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_millennium_B...
5th millennium BC
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/5th_millennium_B...
Badari culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Badari_culture
Merimde culture
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Merimde

Those aren't all inclusive, and just represent a few if Ballard is trying to assert a 5000BCE date for the biblical flood.
United in faith wrote:
There will be a 2 part serious called "Back to the begining" by Christian Amanpour with the Archaeologist on Dec 28th (friday) at 9PM ET on ABC
the site i read the news article on was
abcnews.go.com/Technology/evidence-suggests-b...
you can watch the news series yourself on it Dec 28 at 9 pm ET on ABC ....
so don't argue with me about it until AFTER you view the 2 part series for yourself.
The link you provided above does not link to the story you are speaking of.

Why do theists have such a difficult time copying links and pasting them properly?

There is no argument based on the archaeological evidence, unless you are an Abrahamic theist.

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

Boss of the Inland Empire

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm not terrible Al.
Lol! No you're not!:)

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

85genius wrote:
<quoted text>
Damn think I must have just wasted my money on that heavenly muck spreader....
I knew the salesman in the dealership didn't seem quite right. ;-)
yep - nothing unclean or that defiles will be allowed in. why the blazes should it be - ain't it enough that we f'd up this world???;)
Headlines

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

***Obama sends MUSLIM Brotherhood F-16 Fighters

https://www.youtube.com/watch...

“talk to the kitteh”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JOEL wrote:
.... But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay them before me. Luke, 19/27
What kind of a Prince of Peace was Jesus? LOL.
He was telling a story about a man *of noble birth*, beginning at Luke 19:11-27, IOWs "the parable of ten pounds". "He said therefore, a certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom,...blah, blah, blah,...But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and sly them before me." What do you think he meant by the parable? Can you use "perspective", put yourself inside the story or catch a hint as to what Jesus implied by it?

Geez, I promised myself I wouldn't get involved in you guys' quoting the bible but you just keep sucking me back in with yer stupidity. Bible search is so freaking tedious.

Please try harder to understand what you read. I'm tired of doing it for you.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you view penes?
Would you like to be my new wittle boi?
are insults and angst all you can bring to a debate about your eternal soul???

cmon tammy, you're asian so you must be at least a little smarter than this:)

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
The fact that each reader receives a different meaning suggests that God is multifaceted and that He has many different attributes/potentials which may be appealed to separately.
When the many meanings that people impute to scripture are mostly mutually exclusive, it suggests that nothing interesting or special is happening there. If a god is involved, it's not communicating very well.
hah

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Laconic Assassins wrote:
I suspect that gay friendly means that you are friendly to gays who abuse children.
I suspect christian friendly means that you are friendly to christians who abuse children.
hah

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>That is a lie. We have exposed to lies in evolution, causing atheists to reinvent evoltuion and change directions. Exactly who has found evidence of untruths in the Bible? Was it a family member, a neighbor or soime random person walking the streets? It surely was not found in science.
Exactly who has found evidence of untruths in evolution? Was it a family member, a neighbor or some random person walking the street? It surely was not found in science.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 543,241 - 543,260 of716,397
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

446 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min guest 529,955
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 5 min Student 38,404
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 8 min Rosa_Winkel 93,216
Jamaican man seeking to start a new life with a... 11 min dutty86 1
I'm a girl wanting other girls. 11 min andet1987 18
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Hidingfromyou 598,742
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 18 min Dr_Zorderz 255,687
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 18 min Hidingfromyou 223,149
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Lyndi 171,442
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 9 hr Liz 61
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••