Since: Dec 12

London, UK

#572207 Dec 11, 2012
Why? And no one can prove for sure that God exists, all depends on their particular beliefs.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572209 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
If god exists than he is definable as an absolute or you must concede there are many gods or no god.
2+2=4
Always, it is a provable absolute. If god exists he cannot exist in many forms only 1. No matter who or what language is used to describe it, perception does not change what it is.
Define god so he can be proven or disproven.
How can I provide one single definition for something that has infinite potential/capacity, i.e. Omnipotent?

The most accurate definition of God that I can give is that He is the Source of all that is and the cause of all that is not.

My only obligation as it relates to science as such, in light of my definition; is to prove that all things came from a "Single Source"; and thats not too hard. All things are comprised of energy so I already have a start, in that I know all things shared a common attribute.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#572210 Dec 11, 2012
HickUp wrote:
<quoted text>
...God is an electron...
Where/how was that implied?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572211 Dec 11, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
RIIIIGHT...
It's a book of mythology.
You tell'em, Ar Ar.
It's not a mythology book either, scar scar....

“I never claimed to be Perfect”

Since: Nov 10

just better than yesterday

#572215 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey al did you forget about me? Or you don't have an answer so you moved on.....
Sorry Pirate. I didn't forget. Didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way.

“Think&Care”

Since: Oct 07

Location hidden

#572216 Dec 11, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
But when all the world that the candle is in will dissolve into non-existence; the world, the light, the candle and even the person who lighted it are meaningless.
I disagree. Meaning is a local, not a global phenomenon. it happens here and now, and is not removed by the distant future.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572218 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
Omniscience and omnipotence are not human attributes not limitations.
By their very definition they are limitless. Unless you claim that god does not exist not does infinity.
But they ARE human limitations and you'd love to believe that God is as limited as we are so you can "disprove" Him.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572219 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
You sir are not worth my time. Your name is perfect. God created days before man.
A day is a day is a day. You can't have an argument and redefine words to fit your meaning.
awww......

I thought I was the worthierest of your time.

Yup. A day is a day is a day - to humans....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572220 Dec 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Except that we're not a christian nation.
No, just 76% of us are Christian.

Sorry, America is a Christian nation, with secular laws.

~~~ grins ~~~

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572222 Dec 11, 2012
Somali Pirate wrote:
<quoted text>
So how do you define your god?
According to the athitards, God, aka skydaddy, is an old white guy with a long white beard that literally lives in the sky.....

I think y'all are taking your teachings of Santa Claus and mixing them up with God.

Athitards are cute.

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#572223 Dec 11, 2012
Lady Derringer wrote:
<quoted text>What are you trying to say? No offense but you lost me.
The argument is made that we are meaningless simply because everything we know will pass away. I disagree. meaning, as far as I can see, is here and now, not some time in the future. We are the burning candle. We don't lose meaning simply because we die.

#572224 Dec 11, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>You still trying to kiss butt! Well I am not Catcher and I am not gay, so your butt dragging does not work here. You might wish to try God instead of the six 40 oz. Budweisers you are accustomed to and the toilet you often to pray over. Then and only then will you understand that Christ is civility and you lack it, because civility without truth is not civil. In other words, your butt kissing is not civil to anyone accept the butt you kiss and then that is subject to interpretation.
Try again, lil boy.
I try to figure you out. You call yourself Christlike yet you are hateful. If a man of God is preaching hate, fear and putting people at odds with God, then that's not truth. That's not helping humanity. That's like trying to defeat someone. And if its defeat that you wish then you are choosing to defeat a person rather than helping them win.
In that process if they lose, you too will lose.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#572225 Dec 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Pirate. I didn't forget. Didn't mean to be disrespectful in any way.
Didjya notice that Rubidoux's cross is still standing proud?

“Think&Care”

Location hidden

#572226 Dec 11, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>Like he said, science can't be built on negative arguments. You simply point out how science constantly falls flat and fails. You also forgot about singularities, black holes, quantum physics and zero gravity physics.
Not at all. I am very aware of singularities, black holes, and other things that would shock you about the real world. but there *are* negative arguments in science and it does, in fact, work quite well. For example, you are able to use a computer because of our understanding of science.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#572229 Dec 11, 2012
SimpleMindsYouAre wrote:
Prove there is not!!
Come on and do it.
Prove there's no God.
Don;t read out of a book or anything like that just prove there's not a God.
Or best yet believe how you choose and stop spending all your time and last brain cell trying to get others to explain their God. I will worship my God till the end.. you don't have too.. I'm ok with where I will spend my ever lasting life. Sounds like you maybe be getting nervous and not so sure of yourself.. and look God died even for you.. wow
burden of proof fallacy

try again

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572230 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It's not a mythology book either, scar scar....
I know, I know, I know, it's whatever you want it to be when you need it to be whatever you want or need it to be...

It's allegory...

It's hyperbole...

It's literal...

It's metaphor...

IT'S MAGIC!
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#572231 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But they ARE human limitations and you'd love to believe that God is as limited as we are so you can "disprove" Him.
are you drunk again?
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#572232 Dec 11, 2012
Laconic Assassins wrote:
<quoted text>SURE YOU DID. Your head is so far up the devil's and atheist's butts, that you swallow when they eat.
Funny thing, God does not respect sin, you do and you kiss atheist's butts and God enjoys the company of his Christian children.
Oh well, I guess the title does not fit you.
Try speaking to them about salvation and the only thing that matters, "Christ coming here so that their sins can be forgiven.". You know, speak to them about love, like God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son, so that whosoever believeths might live and be saved." Love which is what civility is. Try it Al. I know it hurts, but still try.
hey Chunkyboy, when christ comes will you spit or swallow?LOLOL

#572233 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Didjya notice that Rubidoux's cross is still standing proud?
I did!:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#572234 Dec 11, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you hear about Travolta sexually accosting his male masseuses?
I don't know what he was like in real life, I was talking about his looks and personality on screen.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 28 min Rosa_Winkel 97,936
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Seen Is Awesome 608,296
If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 2 hr Seentheotherside 1,017
safe abortion clinic in manila (Jul '13) 2 hr krissy8 47
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 2 hr Seentheotherside 39,668
gay whatsapp agroup (Nov '13) 2 hr Mahesh 40
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Pokay 269,096
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 hr marge 574,554
Straight guys: Would you ever have intercourse ... (Jul '12) 6 hr busted 165
More from around the web