“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#572076 Dec 11, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why am i talking to someone who's great concern is to be able to view penis' in public restrooms???
Where do you view penes?

Would you like to be my new wittle boi?

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572077 Dec 11, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, evolution is the reason for the diversity of life on earth.
And what's the reason for evolution?

Location hidden

#572078 Dec 11, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Skeletor!
You're such a child.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572079 Dec 11, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

if you took a container, and removed from it all energies, and added your god,

that would be nothing
i don't believe in an extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic, creationist deity.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572080 Dec 11, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

the absence of everything

you did just define everything did you not?
So, what happens to the basal consciousness-energy field? Does it get dissolved into nothing?

Consciousness-energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

The unified field of consciousness-energy can manifest as a series of gradations ranging from subtle to gross.

Location hidden

#572081 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
You say that like it's rare to find in the world. Assuming that it is correct, the right way to say that is, "America was the first to allow any religion and bar none." If freedom and from religion is a "cool thing about America," it's a cool thing about an awful lot of other countries, too.
<quoted text>
We see it differently. We say that the government doesn't have any business supporting religion in any way.That means no endorsements of religion or of one particular religion or denomination.
You've been using our currency as religious tracts for generations now. Justice demands that when the irreligious take control, they use the money to promote their views for an equal number of years. Every coin and bill could say, "We No Longer Trust In Gods." Only then would you understand how wrong you have been to be doing the opposite for so long, and why the money should contain no mention of religious subjects.
But humanists seem more interested in healing the gaping divisions caused by religion than in maintaining them, so they'll likely give you amnesty, not justice, and you'll likely scream bloody murder and play the victim, saying that we're imposing atheism on you even with that correction.
"Justice demands that when the irreligious take control"

You sound like you're ready to start your own "unholy war"......

Well good luck.

You'd probably have a better chance of getting "In Allah We Trust" on American money rather than "We No Longer Trust In Gods."

Why?

Because 80% of Americans believe in "gods".

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#572082 Dec 11, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
It's ok i'm going to read that one after.:-)
Our indian religions teach us that everything is life, even the plants are living. Eating meat and eating plants is the same, but as a human being you should not be able to see anything in pain. When a plant is cut it does not scream, but when an animal is cut it's bloody scared and it screams in pain, but these blind people still think the animal feels no pain. If people want to eat a dead corpse, which is very disgusting to me, find another way of killing the animal.
Muslims do the halal thing and jews do this other stupid way, they think their way is better, no it bloody aint, again the animal is in agony!!
Would these people like it if that happened to their kids? so why bloody do it to animals? why?
First, us stupid humans breed and breed animals to produce lots of meat for us, then we talk about the animal population would increase if we stopped eating them? Well, just like we make animals breed lets make them stop breeding and control thier population, then we wouldn't have to kill them.
North of India is mostly vegetarian, we have not bloody died and their aren't pigs running around everywhere!
Most of South India eats meat and it's still f*cking starving!!
Pork is probably the best non fish meat, IMO. I really feel sorry for those people who can't eat it because of religion. It is still the highest consumed meat in the world.

Most animals killed in slaughter-houses are not killed like that video showed. Those were lazy people or bungled it. You want to have the animal bleed to death as we tend to not want our meat full of blood, so they have to remain alive as long as possible as they don't bleed much after the heart stops.

They are, however, if done properly, rendered unconscious, much like when a human has an operation, so they feel no pain - that applies to beef, pork, lamb; likely not poultry. This is done either by a blow to the head with a type of gun or a heavy instrument, or by electric shock. I think that Kosher and Halal wants them bled while conscious, so they are more barbaric.

We had to kill animals in class when I went to university, and for anyone who has never seen it, it isn't the prettiest thing in the world, by all means.

Obviously as with any mass production, when things are done on an assembly line, which is how large slaughter houses operate, there will be people who bungle, or are lazy, etc., but if they are under proper legal inspection, etc., that should not happen.

I was reading last night about a Canadian that is trying to market a new brand of Coffee with puts the coffee beans through Elephants, and then they are harvested from the dung, and processed. They are expecting it will be about $50 a cup of coffee, and is suppose to make the coffee much better than the traditional means. There already is another famous coffee, that is produce similarly but through a smaller animal. This coffee is considered desirable by the higher class of people.

Personally, I know we put manure, etc. on our gardens and crops for necessary fertilizer, but I would be somewhat reluctant to eat or drink something that has just passed through the digestive system and been defecated by an animal. Of course we eat the wastes of some of the smaller marine life, shrimp, prawns, lobsters, clams. Some of the very best foods in the world we eat their waste. Best to properly cook first.:)

Have you never heard a carrot or celery scream, when you cut it??:):) It is heart breaking.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572083 Dec 11, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>

history shows that the immoral majority are always wrong:)
"Immoral majority" is a pretty strong term to use.

Yes, we could say that the overwhelming majority of people are ignorant and deluded.

Back here in India, i know of several sheeple - the ignorant ones - whose sense of morality is pretty strong.

Location hidden

#572084 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Here are several great thinker's takes on your AWOL (undetectable) god:
[1]“The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike”- Delos B. McKown
[2] "Water is two parts hydrogen and one part oxygen. What if someone says,“Well, that’s not how I choose to think about water.&#12539; All we can do is appeal to scientific values. And if he doesn’t share those values, the conversation is over. If someone doesn’t value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" - Sam Harris
[3] "Are there things in the Universe that we cannot know in the usual way of observing and measuring, but that we can know in some other way -- intuition, revelation, mad insight? If so, how can you know that what you know in these non-knowing ways is really so? Anything you know without knowing, others can know only through your flat statement without any proof other that 'I know!' All this leads to such madness that I, for one, am content with the knowable. That is enough to know." - Isaac Asimov
[4] "It is wrong for a man to say that he is certain of the objective truth of any proposition unless he can produce evidence which logically justifies that certainty." - Thomas Henry Huxley.
[5]“The god hypothesis is incoherent, causally inadequate, unsupported by any other line of evidence, inconsistent with what we do know about how the universe works, and also internally inconsistent in all religions. Gods are simply bad ideas that don't even deserve the dignity of being treated as an alternative explanation for anything.– PZ Myers
Don't have anything to say for yourself?

I'll only address your #1.

When DNA was invisible to us, that meant it was also non-existent?

Silly irreligitard....
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572085 Dec 11, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

if you took a container, and removed from it all energies, and added your god, that would be nothing.
If you empty a container of all its contents, the material of the container (metal, plastic, wood etc) would still remain and don't forget that air would rush in to take the place of the emptiness inside the container. Besides, the emptied or poured out material is not reduced to nothing since it would simply be displaced elsewhere in space-time.

LOL.

Location hidden

#572086 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
But didn't look very far. Didn't you just post that you believe that your bible is or might be inerrant?
RiversideRedneck worte: "as we speak (so to speak), nobody can prove any inerrancy of the Bible."
<quoted text>
One can't help but notice that you only modify your indoctrination where it serves your preference to believe, as when calling biblical error "allegory" or "metaphor."
I'll bet that you're as fully indoctrinated in your antiscientific attitudes as you are in you are in your bold assertion that no errors have been found in your bible.
<quoted text>
Welcome to the Matrix.
You excell at not answering questions. You're a master dodger.

You seem unable to understand that allegorical/metaphorical doesn't mean false.

If I were to say that I'm so hungry I could eat a horse, that doesn't mean in lying about being hungry. I'm simply expressing that I'm very very hungry....

Location hidden

#572087 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:

Yes, but where's the record that all life came from a common ancestor, as Darwin suggests.
It's in the fossils and biochemistry, for starters.
LMAO!!!

That's it?

That all you've got?

"The fossils"?!?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#572088 Dec 11, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You sound very wise!:-)
I told you I wasn't nice, but I do try.
When I see stuff like that I wish evil people would just have a heart attack and die. I really can't help what I feel. When I get in that state, I try to remember religious verses saying, "who can we call good and bad when we are all made by the perfect lord?" They calm me down again. It's so hard to believe and not believe, I just don't know!
I think it is our natural instinct to want to see some evil person die, but we humans attempt to rise above these basic instincts, partly because we can understand how we would feel if someone wanted to see us die, and we also would not enjoy the process of being killed, so why wish that on another. The fact that they have killed someone, doesn't justify our sinking to their level of morality and doing the same to them, IMO.

I even felt sorry for Saddam Hussein, whose actual hanging I saw several times on video, or Gaddafis murder, or Bin Laden's murder (his was an ordered murder as they had him overwhelmed - they chose, for some reason, to kill him rather than bring him back alive. With the expertise of the people who got to him, they could have got him without killing anyone. But they didn't do that.

These people were monsters, but once they are dead, they are just another dead body. Better to capture them and make them live for a few years having to think about what they have done to get them in that situation, then to take the easy way out of dying quickly.

Location hidden

#572089 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Does that word refer to the Vaticinatin' Jehovah-Jesus? Every "God" is just "some god," whether you mean Nergal, Obatala, Aigle, Aglauros, Egle, Heget, Yun Dun, Väinämöinen, Varpulis, Chloris, Bilfrost, Big Head, or Jehovah-Jesus
It gets old having to ask each poster which god they mean by the word "God." Try to be a little less ambiguous.
All of you write like this is the first time you e heard of God.

Especially you.

You've benn arguing with me for a whole now. I've quoted the Holy Bible, commented on Jesus, commented on the Bible and you STILL ask; "What god"?!?

Quit being so childish.

Location hidden

#572090 Dec 11, 2012
<quoted text>
Even if that were true, so what? Are you claiming that Congress and the president unanimously lied about their beliefs when they wrote that, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"? The statement was true then and it is true today.
Yes, they lied. They wanted peace above all, just like toady.

They would've said anything to prevent another jihad.

Hence, article 11....

Location hidden

#572091 Dec 11, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is a FACT
how it happens is a theory
www.talkorigins.org
can you prove god exists?
From your kiddie site:

"This brief essay presents a definition of evolution that is acceptable to evolutionists."

LMAO!!!

WTF is an acceptable definition for evolutionists? If your site was speaking truth, it would be acceptable for everyone.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#572092 Dec 11, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Dave says:
<quoted text>
I'm puttin my fiddy on the Dave thingy.
Fiddy?

Oh...(from the archives)

He may have fell into a trans-dimensional waringblendomagnetoplasmatic reverse clonal accelerator with paper clips as a focal accessory, if you will, and that might be his twin...

Or something like that

Fiddy?

Oh...
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572093 Dec 11, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>

You've benn arguing with me for a whole now. I've quoted the Holy Bible, commented on Jesus, commented on the Bible and you STILL ask; "What god"?!?

Quit being so childish.
Quoting from scripture does not corroborate the existence of god.

Most importantly, most portions in scripture are based on irrational assumptions.

The notion of the extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic and creationist god is pure fiction.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572094 Dec 11, 2012
QUESTION:

BELIEVERS,

What exactly, in terms of its material and force composition, is meant by the word "spirit"?

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#572095 Dec 11, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>something to think about.
http://wimp.com/humanrace/
I don't believe in coincidence. xD
Hold that thought! lol

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/our-human...

I see a date in this article that seems to correlate to the one in my former link. The Times article suggested that empathy appeared to have dipped the furthest in 2000; while this article mentions the Trade building attacks influencing students against belief in religion.

Many people would suggest that the lack of belief is influencing our youths' ability to feel empathy towards others. I suspect that our diet may play a part in hindering empathy. If faux food can damage the rest of our body then it's likely damaging our minds too.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 9 min pusherman_ 543,044
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 12 min CunningLinguist 227,748
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 15 min Rosa_Winkel 601,157
What Your Church Won't Tell You by Dave and Gar... (Apr '10) 25 min dirty white boy- 33,051
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 50 min AussieBobby 259,655
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 53 min Infinite Force 10
Iranian teens convicted for making "happy video" 2 hr maid angela 2
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 4 hr gangsxofxroses_andii 157
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 4 hr HipGnosis 173,812

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••