Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Its the other way around actually, if you think about it.
I am a projection of God's Psyche. God is projecting; I am a reflection of His Projection in the physical plane. Notice it was written "Let us make man in our image" [Genesis]?
TRY to think about it: if in the beginning there was nothing but God, then things can exist nowhere except inside of God, His mind. The material world may be seen as a consolidation of His thoughts...
But wait, what am I trying to explain to you? Why am I trying to explain a thing such as that to you? Explaining to you is like me teaching a pigeon to play chess... depressing.
that is amusing apologetic

it is all smoke and mirrors

if you are going to construct a belief why adopt the filthy abrahamic god?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

SchoolandUniversity wrote:
god is everywhere and god doesn't need to prove himself. he comes when the human needs. When human loses the hope god come to support them. Many scientists and doctors also rely on gods. Some questions can not be answered but still we have to believe.
what compels us to believe?

a hollow drum makes noise when struck

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> Oh, evolution goes back only more than 100 YEARS?? And how long has religion gone back?? Imean, seriously, do you honestly think this evolution craze the world is going thru now, will last any more than, say, another 100 years from now?? Religion has lasted and stood the test of time.....for THOUSANDS of YEARS. So there MUST be SOMETHING valid in what religion has brought to the world, otherwise it would not have survived this long.
the propensity to belief, is an evolutionary adaptation, the function appears as a support of tribalism, an assist in creating (and delineating) community. Religion assists in the formation of culture and common morality. There is every reason to think we are evolving away from "belief" as social construct.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

BadBreathBruce wrote:
<quoted text> For the atheist: SHORT TERM GAIN, LONG TERM PAIN. For the Christian: SHORT TERM PAIN, LONG TERM GAIN. Death is only the BEGINNING.
may you receive the afterlife you deserve, soonest.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JOEL wrote:
MAHATMA GANDHI was BISEXUAL - more gay than straight. Gandhi had a torrid love affair with HERMANN KALLENBACH - a wealthy German-Jewish bachelor (an architect and body-builder by profession). The two met in South Africa and lived together in the same house for 2 years. Scores of racy letters exchanged by the lovers were recently purchased by the Government of India from the British auction house, Sothebys, for 700,000 British Pounds. Gandhi left his wife, Kasturba, for Kallenbach.
that is not a measure of the man or of his belief structure, only of his sexual proclivities, and as long as the other individual was an adult, there need not be negative judgement. Did he take as a wife a nine year old bride?--- if true, that presents problems.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JOEL wrote:
MUSINGS:
1) Cause should be at least a great as the effect in terms of information content.
2) Effect is nothing else but the cause in partial or complete manifestation.
3) Creation from nothing is a falsehood.
you have created this philosophy, whole cloth, from nothing.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

SchoolandUniversity wrote:
Positive thinking gives you positive energy. If you finding god others then you wrongs. People should see the god in others and our self too.
people need to display the god qualities they harbor.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
No.
You demonstrate illiteracy.
Have you not read the analogies I used?
I am trying to say that what you see or how you perceive is relative to your position, and more often than not, your disposition also.
I am saying that whatever can do all things, will be whatever you want it to be. While God is that which is Omnipotent, He has all potentials that one attributes to Him; good, bad, ugly, creative, destructive...
Can you reason?
Can you exercise critical thinking?
Does the fact that electrons only appear as particles when they are observed (please refer to double slit experiment) mean they are anything you decide they are or imagine them to be?
are the attributes of the god the same for all who perceive him, or are the attributes of the god unique to each person who perceives the god?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree.
Quantum physics reveals that entities which are basic building blocks of the natural world such as electrons, are responsive to thoughts.
Therefore they may have been influenced to form structures by a type of mental process; it may also suggest that the universe itself is a type of mind on another level.
that is a trivial understanding,

and one driven by confirmation bias

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Greens - Tuf wrote:
OK so now we have contact.
Our two hearts have come together. Now as non destructive energy it will not destroy it self, it will create standing points between both hearts and it will separate,the energy has time to think , so it separates and becomes a particle. A nest is formed between both hearts and the energy from both vortexes (hearts) pours in infinitly.
Inside this nest is the starting point for particles, this is where the atom is made.
And it is nothing but energy.
you should write a book
start a religion
collect tithes

run from the men behind you with the nets

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
quit
at +/- 5*10^-6
I was thinking of a donut.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING cannot be defined and it does not exist except as a meaningless word.
A) Outer space contains photons, dark matter/energy (?) and weak gravitational forces.
B) We always think in terms of something.
C) Consciousness and its innate energy component - the basis of the universe - can be reduced to subtle states but they can neither be created nor destroyed and so they cannot be reduced to nothing.
if you took a container, and removed from it all energies, and added your god,

that would be nothing

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how do you define nothing?
the absence of everything

you did just define everything did you not?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Judged:

Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies in this post brought to you by Kellogg's Crusty Flakes.
Argument from ignorance.
Appeal to popularity.
Ad hominem.
oh there's nothing popular with this world about being close with God even around 'church folk', pal, just try it once. you're the coward who's living in faux/temporary safety.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't think you need to worry about that.
As I said, your top ten list sucks, and all you can think of when told so is moving away from any source of criticism. You're well trained.
You seem to think that your list is godlike. I consider it less than humane. I can think of many things more deserving of a spot on the ten most important rules of behavior than honoring your parents and taking Sunday off. How about a nod to personal integrity - things like loyalty? Or courage? Or responsibility? Or compassion? Or justice? Or democracy? Or personal freedom?
None of them made your list. Instead,'honor your parents' did, whatever that means. Obey them? Throw them an awards banquet?
And take a day a week off made the list, I guess so you'll remember to come on in once a week with your wallet and get you a heaping helping of indoctrination. Why else would that be on the priests list of things you're commanded to do?
And of course a full forty percent - the first four of ten - are devoted to that infinite black hole of need, Jehovah. I don't see anything admirable there at all.
And you're afraid to live near me? You've got it backwards. We can build better neighbors than this.
<quoted text>
But I loved my mother! And I take every Sunday off! And I never worship a graven image! How can I be bad?
Seriously, though - thanks for stepping up to the podium and showing us another example of your church's handiwork - another example of the people-making prowess of the people that bring you Jehovah-Jesus every week. Jesus is the potter.
"I consider it less than humane"

****newsflash*****

the "humane" is fallen and has been corrupted! just read your papers and look at yourselves! that's why Jesus said "unless you're born again you shall not see the Kingdom of Heaven"

you can trample around on this world for a bit longer, but you won't be able to drag your muck through Heaven.

Since: Dec 12

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Well thought there couldn't be a god then read the comment on nothing and that got me thinking...

Nothing is not really possible, at least not so far as we have been able to perceive in our universe even space is full of forces so what may in a snapshot of time seem like nothing is actually full of something we barely yet understand.

So that proves that god exists.... I think..... If we don't understand it it must be God yeah??

Just like how the sun used to be a god, now its just a star.........

Oh think i may have proved myself wrong again, ok so there definitely isn't a god.... But then where do doughnuts come from...... So tasty!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Self-fulfilled prophecy and an argument from popularity are both logical fallacies, moron.
The inspiration of the Bible depends upon the ignorance of the gentleman who reads it.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, speech (1881), quoted from Jonathon Green, The Cassell Dictionary of Cynical Quotations
Is there an intelligent man or woman now in the world who believes in the Garden of Eden story? If you find any man who believes it, strike his forehead and you will hear an echo. Something is for rent.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Orthodoxy" (1884)
why should i give a rats ass about what bobbie green ass says when i have the Bible and what holy men of old say???

don't run with the 'they say' crowd cuz history shows that the immoral majority are always wrong:)

Since: Dec 12

London, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I consider it less than humane"
****newsflash*****
the "humane" is fallen and has been corrupted! just read your papers and look at yourselves! that's why Jesus said "unless you're born again you shall not see the Kingdom of Heaven"
you can trample around on this world for a bit longer, but you won't be able to drag your muck through Heaven.
Damn think I must have just wasted my money on that heavenly muck spreader....

I knew the salesman in the dealership didn't seem quite right. ;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 11, 2012

KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The first five are nothing but your god's vanity, so his statement is perfectly logical, it also does not mean he condones breaking the law or behaving against the species, that is what your doctrine justifies though. The ten commandments are actually "obey these unless you are doing it in the name of your god."
dear kitty, God's right to His creation is only "vanity" to you because it sharply conflicts with your own.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

525 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 min waaasssuuup 599,050
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 3 min Dalit Trolls Biffers 114,982
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 4 min Naveen kumar 4,552
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 5 min June VanDerMark 532,457
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 5 min Buck Crick 224,041
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 6 min Lyndi 172,273
is it wrong i like to wear womens underwear (Nov '12) 10 min Jennette 161
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 256,402
Game of Thrones Ebook Download Free [PDF] (Feb '13) 17 hr John 53
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••