quit
at +/- 5*10^-6
I was thinking of a donut.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#572062 Dec 11, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
NOTHING cannot be defined and it does not exist except as a meaningless word.
A) Outer space contains photons, dark matter/energy (?) and weak gravitational forces.
B) We always think in terms of something.
C) Consciousness and its innate energy component - the basis of the universe - can be reduced to subtle states but they can neither be created nor destroyed and so they cannot be reduced to nothing.
if you took a container, and removed from it all energies, and added your god,

that would be nothing

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#572063 Dec 11, 2012
JOEL wrote:
<quoted text>
So, how do you define nothing?
the absence of everything

you did just define everything did you not?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#572064 Dec 11, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Fallacies in this post brought to you by Kellogg's Crusty Flakes.
Argument from ignorance.
Appeal to popularity.
Ad hominem.
oh there's nothing popular with this world about being close with God even around 'church folk', pal, just try it once. you're the coward who's living in faux/temporary safety.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#572065 Dec 11, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
I don't think you need to worry about that.
As I said, your top ten list sucks, and all you can think of when told so is moving away from any source of criticism. You're well trained.
You seem to think that your list is godlike. I consider it less than humane. I can think of many things more deserving of a spot on the ten most important rules of behavior than honoring your parents and taking Sunday off. How about a nod to personal integrity - things like loyalty? Or courage? Or responsibility? Or compassion? Or justice? Or democracy? Or personal freedom?
None of them made your list. Instead,'honor your parents' did, whatever that means. Obey them? Throw them an awards banquet?
And take a day a week off made the list, I guess so you'll remember to come on in once a week with your wallet and get you a heaping helping of indoctrination. Why else would that be on the priests list of things you're commanded to do?
And of course a full forty percent - the first four of ten - are devoted to that infinite black hole of need, Jehovah. I don't see anything admirable there at all.
And you're afraid to live near me? You've got it backwards. We can build better neighbors than this.
<quoted text>
But I loved my mother! And I take every Sunday off! And I never worship a graven image! How can I be bad?
Seriously, though - thanks for stepping up to the podium and showing us another example of your church's handiwork - another example of the people-making prowess of the people that bring you Jehovah-Jesus every week. Jesus is the potter.
"I consider it less than humane"

****newsflash*****

the "humane" is fallen and has been corrupted! just read your papers and look at yourselves! that's why Jesus said "unless you're born again you shall not see the Kingdom of Heaven"

you can trample around on this world for a bit longer, but you won't be able to drag your muck through Heaven.

Since: Dec 12

London, UK

#572066 Dec 11, 2012
Well thought there couldn't be a god then read the comment on nothing and that got me thinking...

Nothing is not really possible, at least not so far as we have been able to perceive in our universe even space is full of forces so what may in a snapshot of time seem like nothing is actually full of something we barely yet understand.

So that proves that god exists.... I think..... If we don't understand it it must be God yeah??

Just like how the sun used to be a god, now its just a star.........

Oh think i may have proved myself wrong again, ok so there definitely isn't a god.... But then where do doughnuts come from...... So tasty!!!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#572067 Dec 11, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Self-fulfilled prophecy and an argument from popularity are both logical fallacies, moron.
The inspiration of the Bible depends upon the ignorance of the gentleman who reads it.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, speech (1881), quoted from Jonathon Green, The Cassell Dictionary of Cynical Quotations
Is there an intelligent man or woman now in the world who believes in the Garden of Eden story? If you find any man who believes it, strike his forehead and you will hear an echo. Something is for rent.
-- Robert Green Ingersoll, "Orthodoxy" (1884)
why should i give a rats ass about what bobbie green ass says when i have the Bible and what holy men of old say???

don't run with the 'they say' crowd cuz history shows that the immoral majority are always wrong:)

Since: Dec 12

London, UK

#572068 Dec 11, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
"I consider it less than humane"
****newsflash*****
the "humane" is fallen and has been corrupted! just read your papers and look at yourselves! that's why Jesus said "unless you're born again you shall not see the Kingdom of Heaven"
you can trample around on this world for a bit longer, but you won't be able to drag your muck through Heaven.
Damn think I must have just wasted my money on that heavenly muck spreader....

I knew the salesman in the dealership didn't seem quite right. ;-)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#572069 Dec 11, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
The first five are nothing but your god's vanity, so his statement is perfectly logical, it also does not mean he condones breaking the law or behaving against the species, that is what your doctrine justifies though. The ten commandments are actually "obey these unless you are doing it in the name of your god."
dear kitty, God's right to His creation is only "vanity" to you because it sharply conflicts with your own.

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#572070 Dec 11, 2012
Lady Derringer wrote:
Three Questions:
1.) Someone at a party over the weekend (almost caused WW3)was saying there was someone before God. They said it was on You-Tube. Has anyone else heard this rumour?
2.) Muslims believe that Jesus Christ was a prophet and not the son of God.
3.) Doesn't the Christian's and Muslim's main belief contradict each other in a way?
1 - sure....believe the you-tube; after all, it's been around before 'the beginning'!
2 - islam was formed in about 500 AD as a ploy to unite the arab nations in their shared bigotry against Israel. why would you respect anything the quaran says???
3 - yes - in a huge way!

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#572071 Dec 11, 2012
Lady Derringer wrote:
<quoted text>The Bible and lesbians are comparing apples to oranges. Even the LDS Church is backpedaling on their gay stance. They have a website at www.mormonsandgays.org . Their postion is that is only a sin if one acts on same sex attraction. I have a feeling that soo the prophets will have a "revelation" thta it is OK to act on it in the near future in much the same way the LDS Church had a revelation that it was finally OK to give membership and the priesthood to Blacks. This was conveniently after the LDS Church was told that their non-profit status would be pulled if they did not allow Blacks in. I have a feeling the Government will cause another revelation soon.
as a 'Christian', i'm not against sinners, homosexual or otherwise. i am, however against destructive and demoralizing behavior; aka sin including homosexuality.

it's the demon possesed homosexual agenda that's waging war against the Body of Christ, of which i'm a member and therefore caught in this epic battle between good & evil:)

“let's do this thang!”

Location hidden

#572072 Dec 11, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
is this a hint
can we begin to deduce
who posts as the name changing hate troll
why am i talking to someone who's great concern is to be able to view penis' in public restrooms???

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#572073 Dec 11, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
You can make up your own mind, it's these guys;
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =XPpTgCho5ZAXX
Thanks. I didn't mind the nude shots on the video effects. The instrumental parts I couldn't listen to very long. The voice is not bad, but the style of music doesn't attract me that much. If I had a choice between that and rap, then I would pick that. Rap I wouldn't listen, to as much of it isn't music anyway, but just some guy/girl, who can't sing, speaking words and a lot of noise in the background.

Now what do you think of Ken Curtis, Festus from Gunsmoke, and star of Ripcord - replaced Frank Sinatra on Tommy Dorsey for a few years? Try actor Ned Beatty. So far you haven't recognized any of those names, right, and the tv shows were before you were born.

Roger Whittaker, Gordon Lightfoot *, Anne Murray, Johnny Cash, Jim Reeves, Stompin Tom Connors *, Hank Williams Sr, some Elvis Presley, some Beatles, Charley Pride *, Harry Belafonte *, John McDermott *(saw him in concert with Nana Mouskouri), 3 Tenors (one now dead), Strauss, Mozart, and most of the other old classical but not opera.

* I have seen in concert.

Jim Reeves would be my overall favorite of the above.

Two other world famous Canadians, Celine Dion - like some of hers; Shania Twain (probably haven't heard much of her but she is cute. My brother lived with her 1st cousin for a few years, and I think met her a at a relative's funeral)

Now one of the biggest music stars today, who was raised in a town not far from where I lived for a number of years, and I have been there many times, is Justin Bieber, but I haven't heard his singing, and probably would not be interested in it.

I am definitely not 'with it', right?

I was to a Rolling Stones concert in 2005, which was phenomenal, but I would not likely have gone across the street to see them otherwise, but my spouse at the time wanted to go, and they put on an amazing show with great effects. I think mainly what capture me was the two old guys who have abused themselves all their lives could still put on a show, and Mick Jagger never stopped running across the stage for the entire performance.
ronone

Pittsburgh, PA

#572074 Dec 11, 2012
youtube.com/watch... …Well?
God at Work?

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#572075 Dec 11, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The next time believers tell you that "separation of church and state" does not appear in our founding document, tell them to stop using the word "trinity." The word "trinity" appears nowhere in the bible. Neither does Rapture, or Second Coming, or Original Sin. If they are still unfazed (or unphrased) by this, then add Omniscience ...[edited for space]... Decalogue, or Bible.- Dan Barker
Excellent. Thanks. It was added to my growing list of quotables from Barker, which I can offer you in exchange:

"Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up must come down, down. down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it." – Dan Barker

“If the Prodigal Son is a parable, and Adam and Eve are metaphors, then maybe God is just figure of speech.”– Dan Barker

”The very concept of sin comes from the bible. Christianity offers to solve a problem of its own making! Would you be thankful to a person who cut you with a knife in order to sell you a bandage?”– Dan Barker

”How happy can you be when you think every action and thought is being monitored by a judgmental ghost?”– Dan Barker

”You can cite a hundred references to show that the biblical God is a bloodthirsty tyrant, but if they can dig up two or three verses that say God is love, they will claim that *you* are taking things out of context!”– Dan Barker

“I do understand what love is, and that is one of the reasons I can never again be a Christian. Love is not self denial. Love is not blood and suffering. Love is not murdering your son to appease your own vanity. Love is not hatred or wrath, consigning billions of people to eternal torture because they have offended your ego or disobeyed your rules. Love is not obedience, conformity, or submission. It is a counterfeit love that is contingent upon authority, punishment, or reward. True love is respect and admiration, compassion and kindness, freely given by a healthy, unafraid human being.”– Dan Barker

“I have something to say to the religionist who feels atheists never say anything positive: You are an intelligent human being. Your life is valuable for its own sake. You are not second-class in the universe, deriving meaning and purpose from some other mind. You are not inherently evil--you are inherently human, possessing the positive rational potential to help make this a world of morality, peace and joy. Trust yourself.”– Dan Barker

“Faith is the opposite of reason because reason imposes very strict limits on what can be true, and faith has no limits at all. A Great Escape into faith is no retreat to safety. It is nothing less than surrender.”– Dan Barker

“There are many gods which Christians reject. I just believe in one less god then they do. The reasons that you might give for your atheism toward the Roman gods are likely the same reasons I would give for not believing in Jesus.”– Dan Barker

”Look at the posture of prayer. It is the posture of slavery, of bowing before your master. We are a proudly rebellious country. We kicked out the master. Now here comes the government telling us to humbly bow again.”– Dan Barker

“Faith is a cop-out. It is intellectual bankruptcy. If the only way you can accept an assertion is by faith, then you are conceding that it can't be taken on its own merits.”– Dan Barker

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#572076 Dec 11, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
why am i talking to someone who's great concern is to be able to view penis' in public restrooms???
Where do you view penes?

Would you like to be my new wittle boi?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572077 Dec 11, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Well, evolution is the reason for the diversity of life on earth.
And what's the reason for evolution?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#572078 Dec 11, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Just like Skeletor!
You're such a child.
JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572079 Dec 11, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

if you took a container, and removed from it all energies, and added your god,

that would be nothing
i don't believe in an extra-cosmic, anthropomorphic, creationist deity.

JOEL

Mumbai, India

#572080 Dec 11, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>

the absence of everything

you did just define everything did you not?
So, what happens to the basal consciousness-energy field? Does it get dissolved into nothing?

Consciousness-energy can neither be created nor destroyed.

The unified field of consciousness-energy can manifest as a series of gradations ranging from subtle to gross.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Gods r Delusions ... 560,363
2003 Silverado 2500HD REDUCED ENGINE POWER (Dec '09) 6 min HIGh ya 132
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 10 min senthil 5,525
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 31 min lovewithin 39,369
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 58 min yon 4,875
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr neizak 119,688
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 2 hr zzzzzzzzzzzzzz 40
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Rick in Kansas 265,417
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr mike 605,310
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 10 hr Kaitlin the Wolf ... 441,810
More from around the web