|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Why do you say that I failed to consider that there may be validity in religion? I did. I also considered whether there was validity in astrology and Ouija boards.
<quoted text>
I'd say that you are the one reintroducing the ambiguity that I am attempting to remove by not the using the word "faith" in two radically different ways in the same discussion. a clear cut example of an equivocation fallacy.
But your use of the expression "religious faith" was ambiguous: it is not only religious faith as in "Spiritual" beliefs that are formed in "the absence of certitude".

You don't even have to know about religion to form "religious faith" "in the absence of certitude".

You are nothing but a propagandist.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

<quoted text>
Evidence can be proof.
<quoted text>
The evidence for a god and the evidence for evolution are as different as they can be. Evolution is a fact. The theory is confirmed.
If "God" means Jehovah-Jesus, there is enough evidence to rule "God" out.
Science does not acknowledge 'literal proof'. So I see no point in recalling that evidence can be proof.

What is the value of proof that does not literally prove?

The evidence for God and the evidence for evolution may be related; it is in your mind that the separation and division exists.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

<quoted text>
Your god offers no mercy. I am guilty of nothing deserving punishment and don't require mercy. Any punishment for being the best person I knew how to be is sadistic and unjust. And those in hell are said to have no hope for mercy.
Your metaphysics would be terrifying to you if you thought about them a bit. If you had a choice, it would be much better to be born into the world I imagine, where death offers release, than in the one you imagine inhabited by capricious and sadistic monsters, torture dungeons, and souls prevented from rest by a god that keeps them conscious just to make them suffer more.
Seriously. Isn't that what you believe? Now look again at what you just wrote about that.
A world without God does not exist.

That world that you imagine is nothing but an imagination.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

lightbeamrider wrote:
<quoted text> Think it has something to do with loving God and neighbor as self.
<quoted text> Then what are you doing slumming it on Topix? <quoted text> What does rodeos and parties have to do with anything? You been around the block a few times? Did you go to them liberal wine parties we keep hearing so much about? <quoted text> If atheist, why serve people? They have no souls and just end up dead in the ground anyway? Why not make slaves out of them? <quoted text> Jeez, this person has really got to you. Free rent in your head? Having a bad night? What a tirade! Anger issues?
"If atheist, why serve people? They have no souls and just end up dead in the ground anyway Why not make slaves out of them?"

LOL! Religious people have ALREADY cornered the market on slavery! You're a FOOL!
This is a really dumb question, and a deliberate gross misrepresetation of atheists.
The arrogant-@ss attitudes of some of you religious people, I swear.
And you have the NERVE to wonder WHY there are atheists?
Well, DUH, look at the way you act like @ssholes.
It is so ARROGANT of you to think that only the religious can be giving and serving.
The only reason you guys do it is to get brownie points and say "LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT ME! LOOK AT WHAT A GOOOOOD PERSON I AM!" You religious givers are a bunch of PHONIES.
Why should you religionists GIVE to these people if you think they're going to hell anyway? Let them starve their way to hell!
At least when ATHEISTS are giving, they're giving to REAL people just to be GIVING and not to CONVERT them.
Anger isn't the issue here, YOUR arrogance is.
So go ride your lightbeam of bullsh!t out of here.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
lol
Your laughing is short term. Your misery is long term.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
That is pretty funny. If you knew my mother or my late father, you would know how funny it is. My mother is probably one of the oldest members of her church (I just got off the phone 10 minutes ago after she called me after being at church this morning, and singing in the choir) and likely one of the most active members, and still tries to work and contribute her time as if she was 40 years younger. She lives in her own home still, on likely close to a poverty level income, donates one of the biggest amounts of anyone at her church to the church (God if you will) and obsesses all the time about family members who may not be as active as she is nowadays, and concerned for their souls when they die.
Without even knowing anything about you or your parents, I am guessing they are/were far better real Christians than anyone you know, including your own parents. Of course that is nothing to brag about now, for me, as I no longer believe that what she does and what she taught us to do, has the same meaning as I once did.
But she thinks it has meaning and her work and life in the church won't end until she is dead (assuming she is not left in a vegetative state, by a stroke or something and lives a long time in that condition).
You and others here have a very strange way of showing your Christianity, which does tend to make some of us doubt that you tell us any truths at all. We know definitely that some of you seldom tell the truth.
Man judges after the eyes; but God sees the "inward" parts; into the heart. You paint your mother in a pretty dress and I am not judging you; but look what that devout Christian gave rise to (you). If she is not heartbroken at the thought of your stance, she may very well have intentionally influenced it. Is she satisfied with your attitude?

There is a saying in the Bible "If they were from us, they would have continued with us". You speak well of who you speak well of; but God always knows better.

“Jesus is Love”

Since: Jul 12

Hutchinson, MN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem like an very nice person.:)
Thanks.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>If you consider the universe, in general, as "hospitable" you are demented.
The universe has been hospitable to me. If you have had a different experience, perhaps the reason is you.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Again.....WHAT?
Speak English, love!
She is.
Learn to read English.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

<quoted text>
That's crazy talk.
What effect do you suppose that posting like that has on people that reject your core beliefs - people who believe that you are actually laughing alone?
Let me tell you: You have as much chance of selling people on your religion posting like you do as a publicly drunken alcoholic staggering door to door while stinking of booze has of trying to sell people on the virtues of alcoholism.
Just thought that you'd like to know in case that's not what you were going for.
Its ok.

I dont worry about people who reject my core beliefs. It is useless to contemplate the negative in a reality that tends toward the positive.

I say things to make those who share by beliefs laugh and be glad; for "they that love the Lord will be excited to see me" {Psalm 119: The Report of YOD}

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text> She is.
Learn to read English.
What?

He's a she? I thought she's a he?

Aura are you a guy or a woman?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks.
You're welcome!
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I sit here sipping peppermint tea, me and Christ laughing at your meaningless existence; and you say what?
Its funny how you are quick to ride my ass with some narcissism crap when you are the ones using science as an excuse to take elitist positions and assert yourselves as though you are elites due to the so called knowledge you posses.
You have the sense of equity of a frog.
"Me and Christ".
But...aren't you and Jesus THE SAME PERSON?????

Why do you keep referring to yourself in the third person?

A mentally ill "god"...ROTMFFLMAO!
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Its ok.
I dont worry about people who reject my core beliefs. It is useless to contemplate the negative in a reality that tends toward the positive.
I say things to make those who share by beliefs laugh and be glad; for "they that love the Lord will be excited to see me" {Psalm 119: The Report of YOD}
BASPHEMER!

You obviously haven't been paying attention in church.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Man judges after the eyes; but God sees the "inward" parts; into the heart. You paint your mother in a pretty dress and I am not judging you; but look what that devout Christian gave rise to (you). If she is not heartbroken at the thought of your stance, she may very well have intentionally influenced it. Is she satisfied with your attitude?
There is a saying in the Bible "If they were from us, they would have continued with us". You speak well of who you speak well of; but God always knows better.
BLASPHEMER!
Sharkey

Reno, NV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask because the standard you use to measure any intelligence will be effective in measuring yours.
<quoted text>
So how is nature's ability to adapt organisms to be better able to survive not a demonstration of nature's intelligence, while survival is a problem for those organisms most of the time?
<quoted text>
So if natural intelligence may exist; how can one say that there is no intelligent design/er?
Arguing that "there is no such thing as natural intelligence, and that therefore the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" would be absurd.
Arguing that "the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" is justifiable; especially in light of the existence of natural intelligence.
BLASPHEMER!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Court IS in session; this is the time of your judgement.
Ohhhhhh, scawy. Your pocket god is so scawy.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

hah wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a theory too.
hypothesis

please
Huh

Dallas, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask because the standard you use to measure any intelligence will be effective in measuring yours.
<quoted text>
So how is nature's ability to adapt organisms to be better able to survive not a demonstration of nature's intelligence, while survival is a problem for those organisms most of the time?
<quoted text>
So if natural intelligence may exist; how can one say that there is no intelligent design/er?
Arguing that "there is no such thing as natural intelligence, and that therefore the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" would be absurd.
Arguing that "the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" is justifiable; especially in light of the existence of natural intelligence.
Classic argument from incredulity. Fail.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 542,961 - 542,980 of680,623
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

664 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Kokopelli's Place, too (Jan '08) 3 min Jolly 23,831
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min Dr_Zorderz 250,418
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 4 min -USA-1 109,737
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 min VIKING WARRIOR 596,614
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 6 min Liam 38,027
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 6 min Buck Crick 217,145
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 9 min Shivar 440,847
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 13 min pusherman_ 512,285
Girls snapchat names?(dirty) 2 hr Haydos 272
•••
•••
•••