|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

BadBreathBruce wrote:
If religion is not permitted to be taught in schools, then neither should evolution/atheism. Fair comment, I reckon.
Regarding atheism in the schools, as other than a definition of what the word means, what else would one teach about it? It is a non-thing; thus has no information to teach. Similarly should there be courses on people who don't believe in Santa or unicorns. Likely both of those would have some real information behind them, because we have quite a history of Santa mythology which naturally becomes a myth for everyone at some point in their childhood.

Evolution, on the other hand is a science which goes back more than 100 years and has been fully supported by scientific evidence, so it is in a whole different category than belief and atheism. In schools that allow truths to be taught, it would be remiss to not teach evolution.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
[9] Man's mind is too puny to grasp the immensity of God's truth and justice.
Note that particular point is always from the mind of a man/woman, and in their case usually the mind is extremely puny relative to humanity as a whole. It always amazes me that humans make the error of stating that they understand God and the Bible, but others, who don't follow God and the Bible, cannot understand because man's mind is too puny. Does that mean, then, they perceived themselves as God himself when they speak those words, or how, with their puny mind did they come up with that idea?

In reality though it is usually the more developed minds of men which have the higher education, and delve more fully into these things that are the least likely to believe in an invisible god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The ethic of reciprocity exists in some manner in almost every historical society. The Christians screwed theirs up, however. Do unto others as you would have them do unto you is far inferior to do unto others as they would have you do unto them.
Good point.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry, darlin', my God loves you whether or not you love him, good people will always help you if you need it, they'll never ask anything in return. You keep believing what you believe, may the God within you give you strength to stay true to your belief, until the end!!
You seem like an very nice person.:)

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem like an very nice person.:)
Awww, you more!!:-)

Thanks but I'm not that nice. I do try my best though, but it's hard.
Not Quite

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Regarding atheism in the schools, as other than a definition of what the word means, what else would one teach about it? It is a non-thing; thus has no information to teach. Similarly should there be courses on people who don't believe in Santa or unicorns. Likely both of those would have some real information behind them, because we have quite a history of Santa mythology which naturally becomes a myth for everyone at some point in their childhood.
Evolution, on the other hand is a science which goes back more than 100 years and has been fully supported by scientific evidence, so it is in a whole different category than belief and atheism. In schools that allow truths to be taught, it would be remiss to not teach evolution.
Not to be combative, but evolution is a theory, not a science. But I get your point.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

<quoted text>... I am guilty of nothing deserving punishment and don't require mercy....
Stop trying to convince strangers that you are an excellent person. The word of an anonymous person on Topix means less than nothing to us.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

<quoted text>
This is better, but I think that you can do even better still. Try to use nice phrases like "raspberry scones" and "dewy meadows" more instead of things like "kill you all" and "bolts of lightening from my ass."
It's "lightning", without an "e".

Tell us again how nurturing the universe is.

xD

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

boooots wrote:
but I get tired of repeating the same stuff,...
So quit.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww, you more!!:-)
Thanks but I'm not that nice. I do try my best though, but it's hard.
You're not doing your best if you're not that nice.
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!
Yet none of those address my point directly.
You are merely attemtping to dodge the question by introdycing all kinds of irrelivnat stuff dsoe mdas slds kfa asdpoqw iqrhjiq owrei9qwdhisaldjsa aposd- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
this is your mind on religion

just say NO

www.evilbible.com
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be combative, but evolution is a theory, not a science. But I get your point.
evolution is a FACT

how it happens is a theory

www.talkorigins.org

can you prove god exists?
hah

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a theory too.
hah

Marlinton, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

“Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.”
Isaac Asimov

“Don't be so dichotomous.”

Since: Jan 11

Embrace the grey.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Stop trying to convince strangers that you are an excellent person. The word of an anonymous person on Topix means less than nothing to us.
Your projection is not completely authentic, but IANS' is.

Who is "us"?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're not doing your best if you're not that nice.
Huh? I do but it's so hard to control your emotions, I get pissed off and say stuff I don't mean, Not everyone can me like buddha or something, you know!
Not Quite

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is a FACT
www.talkorigins.org
"evolution is a fact" is a statement that is based on the presumption that truth is absolute.

Do you believe then that truth is absolute?

One can not prove anything, but only present an argument by providing evidence to support the view being presented.
Not Quite

Magalia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Judged:

hah wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a theory too.
Curious as to why you chose to use Christianity as the subject of your post?

Is it that you have an agenda?

What definition of theory do you base your assumptions on?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is a FACT
www.talkorigins.org
Firstly, that depends on what your definition of God is.

Also we are not that clever that we can solve all the mysteries of the universe. Maybe in the near future we might get closer to answering that question.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 9, 2012

Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry, darlin', my God loves you whether or not you love him, good people will always help you if you need it, they'll never ask anything in return. You keep believing what you believe, may the God within you give you strength to stay true to your belief, until the end!!

I think you're right but will you pray he will quit humping my leg?

Otherwise I may have to hear the sound of my 44 gun.

Cause there was.....

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Anthony MN 537,422
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 16 min andet1987 4,267
Last Word + 2 24 min andet1987 428
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 33 min Dave Nelson 225,727
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 39 min Tim Osman 117,885
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 59 min WasteWater 259,391
Friends who want to share daily living experiences (Oct '11) 1 hr Seraphima 8,215
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Freebird USA 173,011
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 13 hr monu chauhan 104

Search the Top Stories Forum:
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••