Comments
542,681 - 542,700 of 733,026 Comments Last updated 36 min ago

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#571549 Dec 9, 2012
Edited from http://www.topix.com/forum/topstories/TOCO8TE... :
God Himself wrote:
Make yourself plain and stop "psycho-babbling" ... YOUR HONESTY MUST DEPEND ON MY HONESTY as the context may be; in that the same standard used to measure your honesty must be the exact one used to measure my honesty.
That's right there is what I call babble. Who's measuring anything here?
God Himself wrote:
My accuracy and you honesty are independent variables; I agree ... So as a matter of fact there is an if/then to it.
I guess that that is meaningful to you.
God Himself wrote:
The Law of Equality must prevail: you aint goin nowhere... unless what I understand is not what you mean.
What "Law of Equality"? I can't find this term anywhere except in a legal context, such as these:

"To even speak of the law of equality, or the "equal protection of the laws," one must recognize that the central issue of equality is a legal one, not a factual one." http://www.lonang.com/conlaw/6/c67.htm

"it does not break the law of equality in the constitution" http://www.ruthlesscriticism.com/equality.htm

" the law of equality. To understand the law of equal protection, we must understand not only what the drafters of the Equal Protection Clause intended"

"the General Assembly unanimously approved the Law of Equality, Fairness, and the Elimination of Discrimination Against"

Fennario

#571550 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
In light of this fact, why is it that you fail to appreciate that there may be validity in religions material such as scriptures and symbols in that, they may contain profound insight into the nature of reality?
Why do you say that I failed to consider that there may be validity in religion? I did. I also considered whether there was validity in astrology and Ouija boards.
God Himself wrote:
You use the expression "religious faith" quite ambiguously there? "Faith" implies "confidence or trust in a person or thing"
[http://dictionary.reference.c om/browse/faith?s=t&ld=112 5]
I'd say that you are the one reintroducing the ambiguity that I am attempting to remove by not the using the word "faith" in two radically different ways in the same discussion. a clear cut example of an equivocation fallacy.

Fennario

#571551 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
"Religious" implies "scrupulously faithful; conscientious: religious care" {http://dictionary.reference.c om/browse/religious?s=t&ld =1125}

What do you mean by religious?
Religious is the adjectival form of religion. Religious faith is the faith characterized by religious belief. It's cardinal features are its lack of sufficient evidentiary support, it's rigidity, and its indifference to contradictory evidence.
God Himself wrote:
A man can be religious about facts.
A man can be religious about science.
A MAN CAN BE RELIGIOUS ABOUT EVOLUTION though evidence is not proof; much like yourself?
Those are derivative definitions, based on the literal one. An analogous set of definitions exists for the word baby. The most literal meaning of baby is a newborn human being. Many other meaning have been derived, such as a girlfriend that is dear, or a favorite possession like a classic car because it is precious, or an immature adult because it cries, or a newborn anything such as a baby spider, or my wife, who is the youngest of three sibs and is called the baby of her family.

Here's a derivative definition of religious: "They have sex religiously - twice a year every Christmas and Easter."It's not the one I mean when I say "religious faith"
God Himself wrote:
How are you not demonstrating religious faith and religious zeal and religious fervour by so adamantly advocating for evolution theory?
Because my belief is supported by evidence, is commensurate with the quality and quantity of that evidence, and is amenable to modification if unexpected new evidence surfaces. Religious faith is none of those.

Fennario

#571552 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
Evidence is not proof, it "lends" support.
Evidence can be proof.
God Himself wrote:
I can give evidence of God but that will not be proof that He exists. You can give evidence of evolution but that will not prove that it exists.
The evidence for a god and the evidence for evolution are as different as they can be. Evolution is a fact. The theory is confirmed.

If "God" means Jehovah-Jesus, there is enough evidence to rule "God" out.

“This is Bananas!”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571554 Dec 9, 2012
God does exist. I just know he does because he has blessed me with my two beautiful both and an amazing life. Love GOD first, love yourself more and the rest will take care of itself. Heaven isn't just a phone call away you know. Heaven is calling you everyday asking if you want to accept a call from ETERNITY. I know I do. Be passionate about life and pray often.

In fact, you have just inspired me to blog about this very topic at http://www.empowernetwork.com/google_com/

I will let you know when I post it there because I'll certainly share it with you and those who are followers of LORD. Lets pull more non believers over to the right path. God knows you have it in you to believe.

Fennario

#571555 Dec 9, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Again with the Tripoli thing?
That was a negatiation & ass kissing tactic to not go to war with Muslim pirates. It was intended to let them know that America will not have a Holy War - a war casued by and for a religion.
Nothing more.
Even if that were true, so what? Are you claiming that Congress and the president unanimously lied about their beliefs when they wrote that, "the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion"? The statement was true then and it is true today.
BadBreathBruce

Auckland, New Zealand

#571556 Dec 9, 2012
If religion is not permitted to be taught in schools, then neither should evolution/atheism. Fair comment, I reckon.

Fennario

#571557 Dec 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
Christians, on the other hand, carry a torch of responsibility, are courageous , and are intelligent.
You're none of those things.

[1] As for intelligent, that isn't even worthy of rebuttal. If you had just attacked Hollywood, you'd be OK. You took on science. You couldn't have made a worse tactical blunder.

[2] Regarding responsibility, Christianity is a way of avoiding accountability for your moral crimes. You simply demand forgiveness from the ceiling fan and move on without making restitution or apologizing to your victim if you prefer not to. What is the accountability for a person who sets off a bomb killing dozens, then finds Jesus and dies of a heart attack before he is brought to justice? He goes straight to heaven.

And look at how irresponsibly your assault on science is. It has crippled America's scientific and technological competitiveness, and by dumbing down so many Americans and causing them to distrust the climate scientists, your religion leaves America vulnerable to global climate change disinformation.

[3] And Christianity is cowardice in the extreme. Here's what takes courage: Try standing up like the bipedal ape you were born to be, and look out into the universe, which may be almost empty, and which may contain no gods at all. And then face and accept the very real possibility that we may be all there is for light years.

Accept that you may be vulnerable and not watched over. Accept the likelihood of your own mortality and finititude. Accept the reality of your insignificance everywhere but earth, and that you might be unloved except by those who know you - people, and maybe a few animals. Because as far as we know, that's how it is.

It's unpleasant at first, but be brave! The sloppy comfort of religion may be appealing, but it comes at a great cost. It's infantilizing, and costs you your only shot at an authentic existence. A theist can never know the ineffable joy of doing good for goodness sake, with no expectation that anyone will ever know what good you did or reward you for it.

“ The Lord of delirious minds.”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#571558 Dec 9, 2012
BadBreathBruce wrote:
If religion is not permitted to be taught in schools, then neither should evolution/atheism. Fair comment, I reckon.

Atheism is not taught in school.
Also you seem to be really really confused when you say
evolution/atheism as if they are somehow connected or synonymous , when in reality evolution is a science and atheism is not in any way an academic subject. But rater a rejection of belief in gods.
The truth atheism could not legally be taught in school any more than religion.

Fair comment? NO!
Fairly ignorant...YES!

Fennario

#571559 Dec 9, 2012
lightbeamrider wrote:
If atheist, why serve people? They have no souls and just end up dead in the ground anyway? Why not make slaves out of them?
The fact that you ask such a question suggests that your faith has deprived you of an important element of mature, authentic human existence - an autonomous internal moral compass.

It generates a feeling that most irreligious people I know experience, but many of the faithful seem unfamiliar with. It's experienced as an internal urge that one ignores at ones own peril. If you have a conscience, you learn to heed it, and feel satisfaction, or you suffer, usually some combination of shame, guilt, self-loathing, and regret.

People don't need religion, and certainly not to be good people. But once raised in it, it seems that many Christians indicate that they cannot be good without it. Isn't that what your question necessarily implies?

To me, that's not much of a recommendation for a Christian upbringing. In fact, I'd say that exposure to religion should probably be delayed until at a certain state of maturity is reached. Certainly, people should have a chance to develop critical thinking skills and a conscience before being subjected to religion. You wouldn't object to that, would you?

Wouldn't you have been better off if you they had allowed you to develop a conscience sufficient to keep you from killing people without religion like the rest of us have before they derailed the process by introducing the Christian god?

Fennario

#571560 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
You cant interpret the Bible with your common knowledge; it posses technical terms or jargon. So there may be words that you know but their meanings are different.
You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies before you can read and comprehend the Bible.
You just earned a place on this growing list of actual ...

REASONS GIVEN ON TOPIX WHY SKEPTICS AREN'T QUALIFIED TO COMMENT ON THE BIBLE

[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[2] I don't understand literary criticism
[3] It's an allegory, not literal.
[4] It's literal, not an allegory.
[5] Scripture is only transparent to those with a child's perspective
[6] Scripture is only transparent to biblical scholars
[7] I am not filled with the Holy Spirit
[8] That's the mystery of it all. "God works in mysterious ways"
[9] Man's mind is too puny to grasp the immensity of God's truth and justice.
[10] You were obviously never a "true christian"
[11] You don't have enough faith. You have to believe to understand.
[12] You canít criticize the bible because you donít believe or understand it.
[13] Why do we think we can pretend to know God?
[14] Scripture always interprets scripture
[15] Ever heard of biblical hermeneutics?
[16] You are not TRULY with truth and sincerity seeking God.
[17] You have to know how to translate Hebrew and Greek
[18] You are using a completely unsupportable transliteration of Scripture
[19] You have clearly not studied the ancient peoples who wrote those things or you would not come up with the conclusions you have.
[20] It takes humility to understand the Bible
[21]ďStop scripture mining."
[22] You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies in the bible before you can comprehend it.

“saved From jesus”

Since: Jul 11

Location hidden

#571561 Dec 9, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
You just earned a place on this growing list of actual ...
REASONS GIVEN ON TOPIX WHY SKEPTICS AREN'T QUALIFIED TO COMMENT ON THE BIBLE
[1] I took the scripture out of context. It means something other than what it says (context and implied meaning never supplied).
[2] I don't understand literary criticism
[3] It's an allegory, not literal.
[4] It's literal, not an allegory.
[5] Scripture is only transparent to those with a child's perspective
[6] Scripture is only transparent to biblical scholars
[7] I am not filled with the Holy Spirit
[8] That's the mystery of it all. "God works in mysterious ways"
[9] Man's mind is too puny to grasp the immensity of God's truth and justice.
[10] You were obviously never a "true christian"
[11] You don't have enough faith. You have to believe to understand.
[12] You canít criticize the bible because you donít believe or understand it.
[13] Why do we think we can pretend to know God?
[14] Scripture always interprets scripture
[15] Ever heard of biblical hermeneutics?
[16] You are not TRULY with truth and sincerity seeking God.
[17] You have to know how to translate Hebrew and Greek
[18] You are using a completely unsupportable transliteration of Scripture
[19] You have clearly not studied the ancient peoples who wrote those things or you would not come up with the conclusions you have.
[20] It takes humility to understand the Bible
[21]ďStop scripture mining."
[22] You have to be familiar with the technical terminologies in the bible before you can comprehend it.
[23] Even Satan can quote scripture.

Fennario

#571562 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
it a heck of a lot more promising than the world suggested by evolution theory; at least a God night have mercy, but in a Godless world there is no hope nor chance.
Your god offers no mercy. I am guilty of nothing deserving punishment and don't require mercy. Any punishment for being the best person I knew how to be is sadistic and unjust. And those in hell are said to have no hope for mercy.

Your metaphysics would be terrifying to you if you thought about them a bit. If you had a choice, it would be much better to be born into the world I imagine, where death offers release, than in the one you imagine inhabited by capricious and sadistic monsters, torture dungeons, and souls prevented from rest by a god that keeps them conscious just to make them suffer more.

Seriously. Isn't that what you believe? Now look again at what you just wrote about that.

Fennario

#571563 Dec 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I really wonder where these people get the idea that they have some inside knowledge that those of us, many who spent 40 or 50 years in religion, don't have. Sort of along the same line as Patty's, you have to be "born again" in order to find God.
That wondering stuff was just a figure of speech, right? Of course you know where they get their ideas from. Every cult teaches that it has arcane knowledge, while outsiders are fools that "have eyes but see not"

Fennario

#571564 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
You are an illiterate baboon and an arrogant piece of shit: THUS SAITH THE LORD.
You can do better than this.

Fennario

#571565 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
It is you who need to humble yourself to the presence of the God in me, before I shoot bolts of lightening from my ass and kill you all.
This is better, but I think that you can do even better still. Try to use nice phrases like "raspberry scones" and "dewy meadows" more instead of things like "kill you all" and "bolts of lightening from my ass."

Fennario

#571566 Dec 9, 2012
Religionthebiglie wrote:
<quoted text>
[23] Even Satan can quote scripture.
Good one! I've seen it, too. Added.

Fennario

#571567 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
You are the children of crooks; a generation of vipers.
Now you're relapsing again. This is why you don't get invited to a lot of parties other than church socials.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#571568 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
YOu are the generation of vipers, i.e., you were generated by some snakes.
Your parents/religious leaders had no real interest in serving God; they only intended to use His glory to fill their own houses with the treasure of the poor and faithful.
So they practiced hypocrisy and lying and double standards and exposed you to it. So now you emerge having no real reason to trust the God that you saw your parents show utter disregard for...
Your parents/religious leaders dealt with God as if he was not even seeing their inequities; and now you come saying that He doesnt exist.
You are the children of crooks; a generation of vipers.
That is pretty funny. If you knew my mother or my late father, you would know how funny it is. My mother is probably one of the oldest members of her church (I just got off the phone 10 minutes ago after she called me after being at church this morning, and singing in the choir) and likely one of the most active members, and still tries to work and contribute her time as if she was 40 years younger. She lives in her own home still, on likely close to a poverty level income, donates one of the biggest amounts of anyone at her church to the church (God if you will) and obsesses all the time about family members who may not be as active as she is nowadays, and concerned for their souls when they die.

Without even knowing anything about you or your parents, I am guessing they are/were far better real Christians than anyone you know, including your own parents. Of course that is nothing to brag about now, for me, as I no longer believe that what she does and what she taught us to do, has the same meaning as I once did.

But she thinks it has meaning and her work and life in the church won't end until she is dead (assuming she is not left in a vegetative state, by a stroke or something and lives a long time in that condition).

You and others here have a very strange way of showing your Christianity, which does tend to make some of us doubt that you tell us any truths at all. We know definitely that some of you seldom tell the truth.

Fennario

#571569 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
I sit here sipping peppermint tea, me and Christ laughing at your meaningless existence
That's crazy talk.

What effect do you suppose that posting like that has on people that reject your core beliefs - people who believe that you are actually laughing alone?

Let me tell you: You have as much chance of selling people on your religion posting like you do as a publicly drunken alcoholic staggering door to door while stinking of booze has of trying to sell people on the virtues of alcoholism.

Just thought that you'd like to know in case that's not what you were going for.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 23 min guest 538,994
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 24 min JUDEletePete 117,972
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 26 min Blck 464
Difference between white masons and black masons (Apr '08) 40 min Blck 312
Why do BLACK People hate Mexicans so much? (Dec '13) 42 min Blck 298
Ladies: What is the perfect penis size for you? (Jan '11) 47 min Blck 87
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 48 min Blck 94,673
Sims 4 Key Generator (Oct '13) 51 min Blck 106
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 1 hr CunningLinguist 226,355
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Black Thunder 42 599,942
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Dr_Zorderz 258,000
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••