<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =OaIUh-QC7aYXX
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571625 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Court IS in session; this is the time of your judgement.
Ohhhhhh, scawy. Your pocket god is so scawy.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#571626 Dec 9, 2012
hah wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a theory too.
hypothesis

please
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571627 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I ask because the standard you use to measure any intelligence will be effective in measuring yours.
<quoted text>
So how is nature's ability to adapt organisms to be better able to survive not a demonstration of nature's intelligence, while survival is a problem for those organisms most of the time?
<quoted text>
So if natural intelligence may exist; how can one say that there is no intelligent design/er?
Arguing that "there is no such thing as natural intelligence, and that therefore the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" would be absurd.
Arguing that "the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" is justifiable; especially in light of the existence of natural intelligence.
Classic argument from incredulity. Fail.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#571628 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
How very f*^king touching; my eyes were just brimming with tears.
There is a God and man has been able to prove He exists.
People who take others for fools are fools themselves. What is the value of the expression: "If there is no God, which no man has been able to prove exist..."? You are a serpentine mother f*&ker.
<quoted text>
You assume too much. Suppose your nose was a doorpost; where would you put the hinges?
<quoted text>
No. I am not saying that "the majority of the world's population that do not follow the above mentioned God of those 3 named faiths live a life of 'meaningless idea of existence'".
I am saying an existence without true purpose as "evolutionist" scientists suggests, is a meaningless one. The absence of an intelligent creator removes real meaning and direction an purpose from existence.
<quoted text>
Verily, thou art not far from the Kingdom of Heaven.
<quoted text>
I made no statement about "...not believing in living according to the will of God". If I did, I have made a mistake.
If you read my post correctly, you will notice that what I said is that: it is not necessary to contemplate the will of God (or at least that is what I should have written, if its not).
I am glad you brought it up though; because it does deserve some explanation.
That which is Omnipotent will drive all things towards Its Will or according to Its Nature; therefore it is not necessary to Know Its Will to be subject to Its Will. The act of seeking to know the Will/Nature of the Omnipotent is so that one may attune ones mind to Its Influences in order to live more harmoniously with it.
<quoted text>
Were those people indeed following God Himself (not me this time)?
The Bible speaks of forgiveness and mercy; so why couldn't that parent choose to show the child love instead?
In all areas and fields, there will be extremists and extremism; even scientists may become obsessive.
About those legal people: they should go to hell anyway. Only God can Judge me.
"Only God can Judge me."

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA !

You are clearly a CASE.

CER-TI-FI-A-BLE.

YOU
ARE
A
F*cking
HOOT!

ROTMFFLMMMFO.

Ok, it's time to go back to your padded cell now, you demente-@ss freak.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#571629 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NxAOOip1nZ4XX
BLASPHEMER!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#571630 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
"evolution is a fact" is a statement that is based on the presumption that truth is absolute.
Do you believe then that truth is absolute?
One can not prove anything, but only present an argument by providing evidence to support the view being presented.
difficult to have such a "deep" philosophical exchange, absent definition.

define "truth"
define "absolute"
define "fact"

define "reality"

what is your intended understanding of the term "presumption"

it is said that: "there is no truth in faith"

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#571631 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
You keep believing what you believe, may the God within you give you strength to stay true to your belief, until the end!!
Thanks. You too.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571632 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be combative, but evolution is a theory, not a science. But I get your point.
Please stop that. This argument relies on equivocation between two meanings of theory: in common parlance, a theory is an unsupported idea or a "hunch" e.g., "I have a theory that restaurants make more money off of skinny customers." A scientist would call this a hypothesis, or maybe a conjecture.

A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the real world that is well-supported by evidence. At its core, theory really just means explanation. A hypothesis may become a theory once it has been thoroughly tested through experimentation and has not been disproved, but it will never become a fact, no matter how many tests it passes. The "fact" is the observed aspect of nature itself.

Sometimes it is valid to call something both a fact and a theory. One example of this is gravity. This is the name given to the phenomenon whereby massive bodies are attracted to one other. For example, the moon and the Earth are attracted to each other, which is why they don't fly apart as they move through space. This phenomenon is an observed fact: Henry Cavendish actually measured the force of attraction between two lead spheres back in 1797. Different theories for why and how this phenomenon occurs have been put forth. Newton's theory of gravitation (that it is a force acting instantaneously at a distance) was accepted for centuries until Einstein's general theory of relativity completely changed our understanding of gravity (now considered a warping of space-time). In this sense, gravity is both a fact and a theory.

The same can be said for evolution. If evolution is defined as "allele frequency change in a population over generations" (or, more simply, "populations change over time"), then it is an established fact; not even young-Earth creationists can deny that this takes place. On the other hand, the theory of evolution is a scientific theory that ties together evidence of the types of changes that we see taking place in nature, as well as evidence from fossils, genes, proteins, and so on, to explain why and how evolution happens.

So, cut that nonsense out.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571633 Dec 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your laughing is short term. Your misery is long term.
Both are dependent upon your posts.

Fennario

#571634 Dec 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
It always amazes me that humans make the error of stating that they understand God and the Bible, but others, who don't follow God and the Bible, cannot understand because man's mind is too puny. Does that mean, then, they perceived themselves as God himself when they speak those words, or how, with their puny mind did they come up with that idea?
It means that they employ a double standard. Such a Christian feels entitled to tell you what his god is going to do to you, and you are free to remain mute and just listen.

Fennario

#571635 Dec 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
The word of an anonymous person on Topix means less than nothing to us.
Then STFU.

Fennario

#571636 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
Your projection is not completely authentic, but IANS' is.
Gracias, amigo.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#571637 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry, darlin', my God loves you whether or not you love him, good people will always help you if you need it, they'll never ask anything in return. You keep believing what you believe, may the God within you give you strength to stay true to your belief, until the end!!
"good people will always help you if you need it, they'll never ask anything in return."
Psssshht. BS.
You're giving humans more credit than they deserve on this one.
They always do something to get something in return, even if it's just acknowledgement of their good deed.
"See what I did for YOU, now what have you got for ME?" is the REAL human motto.
Even though it APPEARS that "they'd give you the shirt off their back", they still want it to be known that, "Hey, look what I did..."

Fennario

#571638 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
"evolution is a fact" is a statement that is based on the presumption that truth is absolute.
No it's not. It's based on the observation that evolution occurs without any interest in whether truth is absolute, or even what that means.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571639 Dec 9, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>
BASPHEMER!
You obviously haven't been paying attention in church.
I am the temple, f&ck a building; wherever men are gathered in the Name of The Lord He will be present (even under a tree).

Is it the name that I use that has your panties in a bunch? If so, you are obviously illiterate.

Didn't you read:

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." [Psalms 82:6]

Dont let your premenstrual syndrome get you down.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571640 Dec 9, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>BLASPHEMER!
DUNCE!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571641 Dec 9, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>BLASPHEMER!
TROLL!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#571642 Dec 9, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of the Earth is inhospitable.
Isn't it sweet how you don't get nasty icons but I do for agreeing with you? It must be because you have yet to establish whether you are a bunsplitter or not.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#571643 Dec 9, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then STFU.
I will if you will, psycho.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 6 min dollarsbill 1,954
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 33 min RoSesz 578,904
Poll If someone is coming home and your completely n... 39 min stemaxgizmo 3
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 42 min Theswamiji reloads 5,918
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 48 min WasteWater 5,686
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr Freebird USA 9,220
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr Freebird USA 176,201
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr The Evenstar 39,951
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 609,818
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr WasteWater 270,030
More from around the web