<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NxAOOip1nZ4XX
BLASPHEMER!

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#571630 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
"evolution is a fact" is a statement that is based on the presumption that truth is absolute.
Do you believe then that truth is absolute?
One can not prove anything, but only present an argument by providing evidence to support the view being presented.
difficult to have such a "deep" philosophical exchange, absent definition.

define "truth"
define "absolute"
define "fact"

define "reality"

what is your intended understanding of the term "presumption"

it is said that: "there is no truth in faith"

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#571631 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
You keep believing what you believe, may the God within you give you strength to stay true to your belief, until the end!!
Thanks. You too.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571632 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be combative, but evolution is a theory, not a science. But I get your point.
Please stop that. This argument relies on equivocation between two meanings of theory: in common parlance, a theory is an unsupported idea or a "hunch" — e.g., "I have a theory that restaurants make more money off of skinny customers." A scientist would call this a hypothesis, or maybe a conjecture.

A scientific theory is an explanation of some aspect of the real world that is well-supported by evidence. At its core, theory really just means explanation. A hypothesis may become a theory once it has been thoroughly tested through experimentation and has not been disproved, but it will never become a fact, no matter how many tests it passes. The "fact" is the observed aspect of nature itself.

Sometimes it is valid to call something both a fact and a theory. One example of this is gravity. This is the name given to the phenomenon whereby massive bodies are attracted to one other. For example, the moon and the Earth are attracted to each other, which is why they don't fly apart as they move through space. This phenomenon is an observed fact: Henry Cavendish actually measured the force of attraction between two lead spheres back in 1797. Different theories for why and how this phenomenon occurs have been put forth. Newton's theory of gravitation (that it is a force acting instantaneously at a distance) was accepted for centuries until Einstein's general theory of relativity completely changed our understanding of gravity (now considered a warping of space-time). In this sense, gravity is both a fact and a theory.

The same can be said for evolution. If evolution is defined as "allele frequency change in a population over generations" (or, more simply, "populations change over time"), then it is an established fact; not even young-Earth creationists can deny that this takes place. On the other hand, the theory of evolution is a scientific theory that ties together evidence of the types of changes that we see taking place in nature, as well as evidence from fossils, genes, proteins, and so on, to explain why and how evolution happens.

So, cut that nonsense out.

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571633 Dec 9, 2012
Just Results wrote:
<quoted text>
Your laughing is short term. Your misery is long term.
Both are dependent upon your posts.

Fennario

#571634 Dec 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
It always amazes me that humans make the error of stating that they understand God and the Bible, but others, who don't follow God and the Bible, cannot understand because man's mind is too puny. Does that mean, then, they perceived themselves as God himself when they speak those words, or how, with their puny mind did they come up with that idea?
It means that they employ a double standard. Such a Christian feels entitled to tell you what his god is going to do to you, and you are free to remain mute and just listen.

Fennario

#571635 Dec 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
The word of an anonymous person on Topix means less than nothing to us.
Then STFU.

Fennario

#571636 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
Your projection is not completely authentic, but IANS' is.
Gracias, amigo.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#571637 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry, darlin', my God loves you whether or not you love him, good people will always help you if you need it, they'll never ask anything in return. You keep believing what you believe, may the God within you give you strength to stay true to your belief, until the end!!
"good people will always help you if you need it, they'll never ask anything in return."
Psssshht. BS.
You're giving humans more credit than they deserve on this one.
They always do something to get something in return, even if it's just acknowledgement of their good deed.
"See what I did for YOU, now what have you got for ME?" is the REAL human motto.
Even though it APPEARS that "they'd give you the shirt off their back", they still want it to be known that, "Hey, look what I did..."

Fennario

#571638 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
"evolution is a fact" is a statement that is based on the presumption that truth is absolute.
No it's not. It's based on the observation that evolution occurs without any interest in whether truth is absolute, or even what that means.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571639 Dec 9, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>
BASPHEMER!
You obviously haven't been paying attention in church.
I am the temple, f&ck a building; wherever men are gathered in the Name of The Lord He will be present (even under a tree).

Is it the name that I use that has your panties in a bunch? If so, you are obviously illiterate.

Didn't you read:

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." [Psalms 82:6]

Dont let your premenstrual syndrome get you down.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571640 Dec 9, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>BLASPHEMER!
DUNCE!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571641 Dec 9, 2012
Sharkey wrote:
<quoted text>BLASPHEMER!
TROLL!

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#571642 Dec 9, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>The majority of the Earth is inhospitable.
Isn't it sweet how you don't get nasty icons but I do for agreeing with you? It must be because you have yet to establish whether you are a bunsplitter or not.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#571643 Dec 9, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Then STFU.
I will if you will, psycho.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#571644 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =NxAOOip1nZ4XX
...I smell another name change from this nutball.

I really, really hope that someone at the mental hospital you're in is supervising you closely while you vent.
Who the hell knows - it may be your therapy to release the presure of your serial killer tendencies, or whatever the f*ck is wrong with you.
It's a good thing your crazy @ss is locked up.
You are a danger to this society. Society has decided that your punishment is a lifetime of hatred and misery.
They didn't want to execute you because that would have been too easy an out for you. They wanted you to stew in the boiling poison of your sickness.

You should know what the rules are...riiiiight, "God"? After all, you wrote them.

"God Himself" is what mental illnes looks like.
When you hear a HUMAN refer to himself as "god" you KNOW, RIGHT THEN, that they are C R A Z E E E ...

BALALALALALALALALALA!

THANKS to whoever decided to lock your @ss up! You're KOO-KOO!

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#571645 Dec 9, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Both are dependent upon your posts.
LOL

JR is picking up on the slack lately.

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#571646 Dec 9, 2012
Tide with Beach wrote:
<quoted text>
Your projection is not completely authentic, but IANS' is.
Who is "us"?
nano and her buddy, lil ticked.

They're a team.
Sharkey

Reno, NV

#571647 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I am the temple, f&ck a building; wherever men are gathered in the Name of The Lord He will be present (even under a tree).
Is it the name that I use that has your panties in a bunch? If so, you are obviously illiterate.
Didn't you read:
"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High." [Psalms 82:6]
Dont let your premenstrual syndrome get you down.
"Premenstral sydndrome" huh? Awwwww...how cute.
You hate women, and love men. You are gay. Of course you'd make a female slur. You're that self-hating gay man that's tromping for dates.

Well, you ain't gonna get 'em that way, son.
Treat the men you like just like us straight men treat women: you'll get more flies with honey than vinegar.

"I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High."
Then you just contradicted yourself, you scizophreic...just like you did in "the book you wrote".
You SAY you are the ONE and ONLY "god" RIGHT IN THAT SAME BOOK.
Can't be both at the same time.

God is callig God a LIAR! HAAAA HAAAA!
God is an Atheist, Too!

No WONDER there are athiests!
It's like "God" doesn't even believe in his own existance!

Keep the crazy coming "god"! HA HA HA HA HA!

Fennario

#571648 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
I ask because the standard you use to measure any intelligence will be effective in measuring yours.
OK.
All problem solving ability in sentient creatures is intelligence. If man invents machines to help him, he has demonstrated intelligence.
God Himself wrote:
So how is nature's ability to adapt organisms to be better able to survive not a demonstration of nature's intelligence, while survival is a problem for those organisms most of the time?
Nature doesn't have any problems because it has no (known) consciousness, preferences or will.
Natural intelligence probably does exist. Why do you assume that it doesn't? Arguing that there is no such thing as natural intelligence, and that therefore the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god, would be a circular argument, wouldn't it?
God Himself wrote:
So if natural intelligence may exist; how can one say that there is no intelligent design/er?
I don't understand the question. Maybe we don't mean the same thing by the phrase "natural intelligence." I mean intelligence that arose naturally, not supernaturally.
God Himself wrote:
Arguing that "there is no such thing as natural intelligence, and that therefore the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" would be absurd.
Agreed.Of course, I haven't argued that, if that's where your going. I just finished telling you that "Natural intelligence probably does exist," meaning that the intelligence we see is probably not supernatural inorigin.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 8 min Epiphany2 612,642
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 55 min God Blessed Holy ... 444,357
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr Just Think 596,520
Poll Which is the Best SAP ABAP institute in hyderab... (Nov '12) 1 hr Surendra varma 38
"What's UP wit all dat 'ol BULLS - - T??!" 1 hr Doctor REALITY 1
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 2 hr TITUS 7,339
The Christian Atheist debate 2 hr Edthirty 1,036
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 3 hr Clearwater 177,212
More from around the web