Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#571379 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, where was evolution theory before it was theorised? Evolution theory is just like a media analysis technique: it is nothing but an attempt to interpret.
Your reference to the characters of individuals who are less than virtuous in no way undermines the reality of God or disprove His existence. A cheap shot in the truest sense.
correct

god belief does not impart morality or truth to the believer

read your posts

Location hidden

#571380 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it isnt it?
Who is to say what the kids are or are not supposed to believe?
Shouldn't the kids be let to form their own conclusions?
The real battle is a battle for the souls of the next generation; through their minds.
But I chose to believe in God to a certain extent; so I know there will be others who believe in Him also.
If you dont want your children to believe a thing; keep them away from where it is being taught, and dont try to prevent the teaching of the thing itself.
the only path that insures my child's health

is to crush the filth before it injures him

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571381 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're not comparing biblical texts.
Are you doing that intentionally?
Why should I?...Other than to take up pages and pages of topix, and only lead to trivial discussions about individual words and meanings of letters incorporated within the texts rather than the obvious transition of the ideas from one belief to the next. It is obvious to the researcher that the transition exists...even the patriarchs are the same when reverse translated.(I am considering writing a book on it)
I think that discussing the texts in the testaments themselves on topix leads to such trivial discussion, that the whole premise of the discussion is lost in the discourse.

Location hidden

#571382 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't get it. First you agree:
"Of course it is"
Then you disagree:
"If there is no factual evidence for comparison or experiment, there is no definition of actuality that can be ascertained"
The "factual evidence" you're talking about is scientific evidence, but you just agreed that God is beyond the scrutiny of science.
Which is it? Is God able to be scrutinized by science or isn't He?
A: He isn't.
There is no conflict there at all.
Supernatural can not be compared in experiment with known facts.
Philosophy and actuality are two distinct different realms.
What is so difficult to understand about that statement?
As I said...
Philosophy can not prove actuality---actuality "may" prove philosophy.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571383 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
"Darwin's theory" (ToE) in one sentence is: "decent with modification"
That isn't a sentence.

Besides, Wikipedia disagrees with your discription of ToE. I posted it.

[QUOTED] it is the "record" which suggests that the amount of species and the complexity there of, is less , as the past is examined.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but where's the record that all life came from a common ancestor, as Darwin suggests.
You mischaracterize the theory, I do not accuse you of intentional deception, only of ignorance.
You're the one who defined ToE in one very inaccurate sentence.
the quote is out of context and a shameful lie parroted from deceitful christian apologetic
That's Darwin's quote, deal with it.

Location hidden

#571384 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
How do you figure that a teacher hanging a cross as a religious decoration is in any way establsihing a religion?
The term "establishment of religion" if used in a historical or political sense simply means a State Directed or Government run religion. Today an established religious government can be found in most Muslim countries, in England and in some Asian countries.
The cool thing about America is that we allow any religion and bar none. That is the state, according to the constitution, is not to make any one religion the "official" religion and is not to prohibit any religion.
And by doing so, America has not and will not establish a national religion.
Reread what I posted about the "bias" of not including all other religious symbols, That is why there is no religious symbols allowed "over the doors". The institution would be overwhelmed in religious controversy, and education would suffer in the balance.
That's it for me on the "cross" nonsense...and that's all it is.

Location hidden

#571385 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The "vail lifted from their eyes" is not rhetoric.
Before Jesus came, humans couldn't talk to God, the couldn't ask forgiveness for sins, they literally had a veil in the churches so God "couldn't see them" and all their sins.
Not everyone can understand something as inerrant. More often than not it seems to be opinionated. But, as we speak (so to speak), nobody can prove any inerrancy of the Bible.
The Egyptians and Sumerians (that's not all) talked and interacted with their gods daily...just as humans do today. There was no "veil" for them.

Location hidden

#571386 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that's good. At a parent/teacher conference a few years ago, my sons science teacher had one proudly displayed on his desk. I said nothing to him, my son or the school. That is his right to display a mockery of Jesus, even if I disagreed with it. Later I asked my son if religion ever came up in class & he said no.
I never said nor implied that the Jesus fish has always been a Christian symbol, but it has been for 2,000 years. It's ours now, not the ancient Romans.
Which fact of evolution are you referring to?
I did not know it was "mocking"

I god-da get me one

Location hidden

#571387 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your strawman argument is now "more informed and not affected by your indoctrination".
You know more, therefore you don't have to believe in God, therefore my belief in God must be false.
Right?
your belief lacks evidence

poof

Location hidden

#571388 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree with you.
Atheists are as ignorant about religious concepts as Christians like myself (I may be called one) are ignorant about evolutionary concepts.
Some of the most vital concept that encourage harmony between the man and society and even man and the universe is embodied in religious concepts.
For example, the 'cross' represent the idea of absolute equity: the vertical line represents the relationship "as above, so below", while the horizontal line represents "as on the left, so on the right".
Now that reminds mankind to practice equity in his thoughts as well as his actions, for the world in which he exists is the product of equality in action and existence it is continually moving towards states of equality. By thinking and acting with equity man becomes at harmony with himself, his fellow men and the entire universe. It says in Mark 1:1-8 "Prepare and make his path straight/even/level".
But those so called atheists never see such implications, they never see any positive development or contributions made by religions or belief systems such as that.
They only use science as is convenient for them, and neglect the possibly of any reality outside of what they define/describe.
your delusions do not from gods
your ego does not alter reality

you have a damaged mind

the god you imagine is a projection of your psyche

Location hidden

#571389 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text> If you take a look, you will note that Jesus was a Nazarene. That is a sect of the Essenes. The Essenes derived(inherited) their doctrine from the teachings of Christna and others of India.
That is not "plagiarizing"-it is evolution and adaptation of theistic doctrine and beliefs....just as the christian split off from the "universal" church of Constantine...which was one of many differing factions of belief depending on ethnics, geographical contexts, and the interference of governmental rule.
christianity is an evolved belief system

and a failed moral system

Location hidden

#571390 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Believe me, I have look beyond what I was taught, indoctrinated, to believe. This is why I beieve that some of the major & well known stories of the Bible are allegorical or metaphorical, at best.
A conclusion without evidence? hmmm... Like Darwin's theory that all life on Earth share a common ancestor?
Genetically they do. That doesn't mean that every dispersal or difference in the proposed evolution were "natural", necessarily correct, or even in the correct tome correlation as it's posited.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571391 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the only path that insures my child's health
is to crush the filth before it injures him
You should tattoo that on your ass.

Location hidden

#571392 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course it is(in that aspect).
It is also dishonest for any theist to present that any of that mentioned is actuality or fact. That is where I have a problem with it.
If there is no factual evidence for comparison or experiment, there is no definition of actuality that can be ascertained. Therefore the discussion is moot, except on a philosophical level...and that is where it belongs.
That IS a fact.
only to the extent that no attributes are assigned to the god

only to the extent that no empirical act is assigned to the god

otherwise, the claim can be investigated, and found, in the case of the abrahamic god, to be entirely untrue.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571393 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>There is no conflict there at all.
Supernatural can not be compared in experiment with known facts.
Philosophy and actuality are two distinct different realms.
What is so difficult to understand about that statement?
As I said...
Philosophy can not prove actuality---actuality "may" prove philosophy.
Oh, ok.

That last sentence makes sense.

Agreed.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571394 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
The Egyptians and Sumerians (that's not all) talked and interacted with their gods daily...just as humans do today. There was no "veil" for them.
Yes, they were different religions. That should show you that Christianity wasn't plagiarized.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571395 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I did not know it was "mocking"
I god-da get me one
There's a lot you don't know, karl.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571396 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
your belief lacks evidence
poof
Your sentence lacks writing skills.

Poof!

Location hidden

#571397 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Just because God is invisible to you doesn't mean He isn't real....
what in hell do you mean by "real"?

real things leave a trail of evidence

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571398 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Genetically they do. That doesn't mean that every dispersal or difference in the proposed evolution were "natural", necessarily correct, or even in the correct tome correlation as it's posited.
Agreed.

Which is why I agree that evolution is fact but ToE is assumptive nonsense.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Thousands march in Holocaust memorial (Apr '06) 15 min Mr Slovak 464
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 17 min Pegasus 267,312
Voyeur & Donkeys Joke Thread Free For All......... (Dec '08) 20 min Ricky F 159
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 38 min ChromiuMan 5,754
Got any good jokes?? (Mar '07) 41 min Ricky F 1,814
There is Everything Wrong with Abortion (Nov '07) 46 min mamma-san 221,528
ye olde village pub (Jun '07) 47 min Ricky F 53,281
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Epiphany2 607,071
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 hr hojo 567,383
Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 4 hr Rosa_Winkel 97,429