Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571217 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Try this: Tit for tat or: one "good" turn deserves another.
That is really what "quid pro quo" means.
Get it now?
It's best not to go with the literal translation of some Latin phrases, but you did a great job googling!
I know what quid pro quo means, dippy. You saw the "something for something", yes?

What didn't make sense was "it does seem that they may be subject to their own morality."

'_'

Location hidden

#571218 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Has nothing to do with anyone turning into me, RR- you pull this crap all the time when you are backed into a corner.
Anyway, from another post of mine, I asked you what would be the purpose or motivation for teachers to have religious items in their classrooms or on their desks.
So....what would be the point? Why would any teacher feel such a pressing need to display religious items in their classrooms if they were not promoting a particular religion?
Why would a teacher feel the need or even the desire to advertise their religious beliefs to their students?
It's really none of the students' business, you know.
So why would a teacher feel the need to display items based on their personal religious beliefs in what is their place of business which they're not supposed to discuss with their students anyway?
No, I said that because that's an OCB trait - to answer a question not asked or to quickly change the subject or to respond in ignorance of what was said.

Example:

Me: "Potato chips are good."
OCB: "You're such a MORON giving potato chips to YOUR kids!"

ughfhfhfhfhfhhhhhhhh

Location hidden

#571219 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>LOL!! Talk about a redundancy- "Jewish Judaism"!
Too funny!
As to the rest of your post- too silly!
Or for you it's Jewish Judaism Jeweist....

Location hidden

#571220 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Liar- I didn't say "no religion in schools- period."
I even posted links to you explaining the difference between teaching ABOUT religion and teaching religion.
If children are taught ABOUT religion as a part of the secular curriculum already in place, there's nothing wrong with learning ABOUT any religion, but I guess you didn't see those links or else you're still trying to work out in your mind what the difference is between "teaching religion" and "teaching ABOUT religion".
RR- you're so damned transparent! What YOU want is for children to be taught religion and you want children to be taught the Christian religion which ties into your erroneous belief that the USA is a Christian nation.
ooooh.....

Location hidden

#571221 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Oh my.......your self inflicted persecution complex must have really been spiking when you wrote this post......how are the rights of Christians not protected, RR?
Who is doing the protecting of the rights of others but not of Christians?
How has YOU personally being a Christian resulted in YOUR rights not being protected?
Are you aspiring to some sort of martyrdom, RR?
Cut the CRAP.
derp

Not all the Christians.... In the context of THAT discussion, I was referring the one hypothetical Christian that was forced to remove a cross to suit the whims & panderings of one atheist that felt offended by it...

Do try to keep up, this is an adult conversation.

Location hidden

#571222 Dec 8, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, Mr. President.
How about a wet no t-shirt contest?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =MlnnWbkMlbgXX
What a monotone....

Location hidden

#571223 Dec 8, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain why you think that statement is true.
To exercise religion, one needs to do than simply dislpay a religous decoration. By doing that, all one is doing is observing their religion, which is an American Human Right, in public or private.

Location hidden

#571224 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- in a way it is, in that it is representative of one's religious beliefs and it's an expression of that belief.
Again- to what end and for what purpose would a teacher display any religious items in a public and secular learning institution?
Agreed. That representing & expressing a religion is different than exercising that religion.

It's an exercise in free rights, nothing more.

I'd say that a teacher would want a cross hung over the door because he/she feels that "blesses" the room and the kids that walk under it. The kids don't even know it.

Location hidden

#571225 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I'm a MAJOR fan of the Arts.
You mean farts?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571226 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um....
Are you 8? Do you think heaven is actually "in the sky"? You think he'll is "underground"?
You're a moron if you do.
Where are they? GPS coordinates would be helpful.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571227 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-huh... Like this?
"Atheists are using a music video that celebrates the burning of churches..."
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...
Or this?
"Investigators have seized books on demons and atheism as well as rifles and knives from in a home linked to one of the men charged with setting an east Texas church on fire..."
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/faith/20...
There's thousands more.
Christians are the ones obsessed with demons. Book possession is not a crime nor an indicator of the theology of a person. If a Christian owns "The God Delusion", does that make them an atheist? They attended the church they burned! Your little anecdote fails.

You know nothing of the history of your religion. Christian on Christian persecution was the impetus for the First Amendment. Christians came here to escape persecution....from other Christians, and it continued en masse throughout the history of the Colonies.

Here is the truth about your Texas boys:

Two men were charged Sunday morning with setting fire to a church in east Texas and federal authorities said the men may face charges in nine other church fires.

The men, Jason Robert Bourque, 19, of Lindale, Tex., and Daniel George McAllister, 21, of Ben Wheeler, Tex., were arrested and charged with arson of a building in the Feb. 8 fire at Dover Baptist Church, located 15 miles northwest of Tyler, Tex.

Because the building was a church, the charges were elevated to a first-degree felony, said Thomas Crowley, a spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. That felony carries a sentence ranging from probation to 99 years to life in prison, Mr. Crowley said.

“We’ve been looking at these guys for a while,” said Mr. Crowley.“But we had to paste together information.” He said various techniques led members of a special task force to the men, including DNA evidence and phone tips. A motive for the fires was still being investigated, federal authorities said.

The men had attended the First Baptist Church in Ben Wheeler together, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Sunday.

"There's been many times when those people who are committing the crime lived in the neighborhood and often frequented the churches," says ATF Special Agent Austin Banks.

Location hidden

#571228 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Where are they? GPS coordinates would be helpful.
Everywhere.

Only children & ignorant people think that Heaven is in the Earth's sky & Hell is under the Earth's ground.

I should send you GPS cooriantes to loacte yourself a brain.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571229 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Liar- I didn't say "no religion in schools- period."
I even posted links to you explaining the difference between teaching ABOUT religion and teaching religion.
If children are taught ABOUT religion as a part of the secular curriculum already in place, there's nothing wrong with learning ABOUT any religion, but I guess you didn't see those links or else you're still trying to work out in your mind what the difference is between "teaching religion" and "teaching ABOUT religion".
RR- you're so damned transparent! What YOU want is for children to be taught religion and you want children to be taught the Christian religion which ties into your erroneous belief that the USA is a Christian nation.
Explain after reading about how the United States was founded and about the individuals who founded it, HOW THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION.

Look at this web page:
http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers...

You are a f*&king hypocrite. The freedoms that you have today, to speak freely, to pursue scientific studies without fear of persecution etc WERE MADE POSSIBLE BY RELIGIOUS MEN.

SO HOW CAN THE VERY THING WHICH EMPOWERED YOU TO BE SO "PROGRESSIVE" (i.e. the will and philosophies of religious men), BE NEGATIVE TO YOUR PROGRESS AS A NATION, EVEN A NATION OF THINKERS AND SCIENTISTS?

I say again, YOU ARE A F*&KING HYPOCRITE!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571230 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Everywhere.
Only children & ignorant people think that Heaven is in the Earth's sky & Hell is under the Earth's ground.
I should send you GPS cooriantes to loacte yourself a brain.
Since he has his head up his ass, I doubt he would have to look very far.

LOL!
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571231 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
uh-huh... Like this?
"Atheists are using a music video that celebrates the burning of churches..."
http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...
Or this?
"Investigators have seized books on demons and atheism as well as rifles and knives from in a home linked to one of the men charged with setting an east Texas church on fire..."
http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/faith/20...
There's thousands more.
A music video isn't protected by the First Amendment? Is John Carpenter a deranged serial killer because he produced "Halloween"? Until that musical group actually burns a church, you have nothing but protected speech, something you only seem to want for crosses and other such nonsense. The evidence is there. Christians have been burning the churches of other sects and even their own for centuries. A music video is speech. Putting flame to a building is action. The action points right back at Christians. Most churches are burned in the Bible Belt.

According to the Insurance Information Institute, the top reasons for torching a church include the coverup of a burglary, vandalism, and revenge. Revenge. Get it?

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#571232 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that evolution describes reality means nothing essentially. A description of reality does not have to be factual; "the sun is a red apple", is also a description of reality.
The fact that you cant prove that God doesnt exist is also confirmed.
Since you dont know the experience that are involved in the formation of religious faith; you have no authority to speak on the matter. The fact is that beliefs are caused, so all faith has some association with reality; so religious faith and scientific beliefs are both rooted in real experiences.
Your expression that "Beliefs justified by religious faith are guesses", amount to nothing but mere propaganda.
The description of reality has to be factual, otherwise it is not a description of something real. The sun isn't an apple in reality, don't know why you even said that.'Scientific beliefs' is a non-existent phrase that you just made up. Beliefs can't be scientific. I know what experiences are involved in the formation of religious faith, and yet i'm atheist. Religion has been explained psychologically. Plus the fact that, the more people understand, the more atheist they become. This proves that any deities to be made up. Technically the more answers people get, the more knowledge they get, they start to understand that the concept of a deity is nothing but foolishness. Even in eras where there were no atheists, people of science, even then, started doubting religion. For example: Louis Pasteur was religious, yet he somehow distrusted, he was also against the mixing of religion and science.

Location hidden

#571233 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Christians are the ones obsessed with demons. Book possession is not a crime nor an indicator of the theology of a person. If a Christian owns "The God Delusion", does that make them an atheist? They attended the church they burned! Your little anecdote fails.
You know nothing of the history of your religion. Christian on Christian persecution was the impetus for the First Amendment. Christians came here to escape persecution....from other Christians, and it continued en masse throughout the history of the Colonies.
Here is the truth about your Texas boys:
Two men were charged Sunday morning with setting fire to a church in east Texas and federal authorities said the men may face charges in nine other church fires.
The men, Jason Robert Bourque, 19, of Lindale, Tex., and Daniel George McAllister, 21, of Ben Wheeler, Tex., were arrested and charged with arson of a building in the Feb. 8 fire at Dover Baptist Church, located 15 miles northwest of Tyler, Tex.
Because the building was a church, the charges were elevated to a first-degree felony, said Thomas Crowley, a spokesman for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. That felony carries a sentence ranging from probation to 99 years to life in prison, Mr. Crowley said.
“We’ve been looking at these guys for a while,” said Mr. Crowley.“But we had to paste together information.” He said various techniques led members of a special task force to the men, including DNA evidence and phone tips. A motive for the fires was still being investigated, federal authorities said.
The men had attended the First Baptist Church in Ben Wheeler together, the Texas Department of Public Safety said Sunday.
"There's been many times when those people who are committing the crime lived in the neighborhood and often frequented the churches," says ATF Special Agent Austin Banks.
"MY" Texas boys....?

I love that last part, "many times" blah, blah, blah... What about THIS time, Mr ATF?

Location hidden

#571234 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>A music video isn't protected by the First Amendment? Is John Carpenter a deranged serial killer because he produced "Halloween"? Until that musical group actually burns a church, you have nothing but protected speech, something you only seem to want for crosses and other such nonsense. The evidence is there. Christians have been burning the churches of other sects and even their own for centuries. A music video is speech. Putting flame to a building is action. The action points right back at Christians. Most churches are burned in the Bible Belt.
According to the Insurance Information Institute, the top reasons for torching a church include the coverup of a burglary, vandalism, and revenge. Revenge. Get it?
That repsonse was not in regards to First Amendment rights.

Context, sucka, context!

Try again?

Location hidden

#571235 Dec 8, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The description of reality has to be factual, otherwise it is not a description of something real. The sun isn't an apple in reality, don't know why you even said that.'Scientific beliefs' is a non-existent phrase that you just made up. Beliefs can't be scientific. I know what experiences are involved in the formation of religious faith, and yet i'm atheist. Religion has been explained psychologically. Plus the fact that, the more people understand, the more atheist they become. This proves that any deities to be made up. Technically the more answers people get, the more knowledge they get, they start to understand that the concept of a deity is nothing but foolishness. Even in eras where there were no atheists, people of science, even then, started doubting religion. For example: Louis Pasteur was religious, yet he somehow distrusted, he was also against the mixing of religion and science.
um....

"Beliefs can't be scientific."

then...

"This proves that any deities to be made up."

lol, proven by whom or what?

Dude, make up your mind.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#571236 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain after reading about how the United States was founded and about the individuals who founded it, HOW THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION.
Look at this web page:
http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers...
You are a f*&king hypocrite. The freedoms that you have today, to speak freely, to pursue scientific studies without fear of persecution etc WERE MADE POSSIBLE BY RELIGIOUS MEN.
SO HOW CAN THE VERY THING WHICH EMPOWERED YOU TO BE SO "PROGRESSIVE" (i.e. the will and philosophies of religious men), BE NEGATIVE TO YOUR PROGRESS AS A NATION, EVEN A NATION OF THINKERS AND SCIENTISTS?
I say again, YOU ARE A F*&KING HYPOCRITE!
Ah, the religion has really improved you.

Very simple. The Constitution of the United States of America. The most liberal, secular document ever composed as a code of laws for any nation. The individual religious belief of any of the Founders is immaterial and anecdotal. What is important is the laws they ratified to found the nation. We the people. No lords, no gods, no masters. Unprecedented in its time, and unassailably secular.

The Constitution was based on principles of The Enlightenment, not Christianity. Jefferson was labelled a "howling atheist" by Adams during a campaign, There were attempts to insert religion into the Constitution. They all failed. The Founders saw what state-sponsored religion did to a populace. No one wants to be told who, what, or how to worship. With over 38,000 sects and schisms of Christianity today, a sudden theocracy in this country with more guns than people would be an incredible bloodbath. After all, the No True Scotsman fallacy is the cornerstone of Christianity. Christianity thrives in this country because of the First Amendment. Those countries with state-sponsored Christianity now have populates that are mostly atheist.

I'll leave you with the most compelling evidence that your theology is distorting your reality. Ratified unanimously by the Senate, yes, unanimously, unanimously, and signed into law by President Adams (yes, he that proclaimed Jefferson a Howling Atheist) in 1797 is the Treaty of Tripoli. Remember, UNANIMOUSLY:

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Muslim] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

UNANIMOUSLY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min Just Sayin 548,696
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 21 min Thinking 230,010
i am waiting for u 46 min Aakash Ahmedabad 1
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 58 min Al Capone 4,779
Word association game (Aug '08) 1 hr andet1987 53,432
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr mike 602,180
African-Americans Are Figuring Obama Out! 1 hr andet1987 2
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr RADEKT 261,678
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 6 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 12 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE