Prove there's a god.
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#571586 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!
Yet none of those address my point directly.
You are merely attemtping to dodge the question by introdycing all kinds of irrelivnat stuff dsoe mdas slds kfa asdpoqw iqrhjiq owrei9qwdhisaldjsa aposd- zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
this is your mind on religion

just say NO

www.evilbible.com
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#571587 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be combative, but evolution is a theory, not a science. But I get your point.
evolution is a FACT

how it happens is a theory

www.talkorigins.org

can you prove god exists?
hah

Hillsboro, WV

#571589 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to be combative, but evolution is a theory, not a science. But I get your point.
Christianity is a theory too.
hah

Hillsboro, WV

#571590 Dec 9, 2012
“Creationists make it sound as though a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night.”
Isaac Asimov

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#571591 Dec 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Stop trying to convince strangers that you are an excellent person. The word of an anonymous person on Topix means less than nothing to us.
Your projection is not completely authentic, but IANS' is.

Who is "us"?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#571592 Dec 9, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>You're not doing your best if you're not that nice.
Huh? I do but it's so hard to control your emotions, I get pissed off and say stuff I don't mean, Not everyone can me like buddha or something, you know!
Not Quite

Magalia, CA

#571593 Dec 9, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
evolution is a FACT
www.talkorigins.org
"evolution is a fact" is a statement that is based on the presumption that truth is absolute.

Do you believe then that truth is absolute?

One can not prove anything, but only present an argument by providing evidence to support the view being presented.
Not Quite

Magalia, CA

#571594 Dec 9, 2012
hah wrote:
<quoted text>
Christianity is a theory too.
Curious as to why you chose to use Christianity as the subject of your post?

Is it that you have an agenda?

What definition of theory do you base your assumptions on?

Location hidden

#571595 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
evolution is a FACT
www.talkorigins.org
Firstly, that depends on what your definition of God is.

Also we are not that clever that we can solve all the mysteries of the universe. Maybe in the near future we might get closer to answering that question.

“e pluribus unum”

Since: Dec 10

primus inter pares

#571596 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't you worry, darlin', my God loves you whether or not you love him, good people will always help you if you need it, they'll never ask anything in return. You keep believing what you believe, may the God within you give you strength to stay true to your belief, until the end!!

I think you're right but will you pray he will quit humping my leg?

Otherwise I may have to hear the sound of my 44 gun.

Cause there was.....

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#571597 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
evolution is a FACT
www.talkorigins.org
Are you sure he even lives in this neighborhood?

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#571598 Dec 9, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Huh? I do but it's so hard to control your emotions, I get pissed off and say stuff I don't mean, Not everyone can me like buddha or something, you know!
Hopefully they will accept my plea bargain though?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571599 Dec 9, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
If there is no God, which no man has been able to prove exists, then how meaningful is a life devoted to a non-existent God, while putting that devotion before all other things in life, including treating those around you, who may not share your beliefs, as equal humans deserving of the same kind of treatment that you expect from others?
How very f*^king touching; my eyes were just brimming with tears.

There is a God and man has been able to prove He exists.

People who take others for fools are fools themselves. What is the value of the expression: "If there is no God, which no man has been able to prove exist..."? You are a serpentine mother f*&ker.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I will assume, unless you tell me differently, that you do not believe that the God that the majority of the world's believers follow, which may be many gods,but not the God of the Jews, Christians, and Muslims, exist(s).
You assume too much. Suppose your nose was a doorpost; where would you put the hinges?
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you therefore saying that the majority of the world's population that do not follow the above mentioned God of those 3 named faiths live a life of 'meaningless idea of existence'?
No. I am not saying that "the majority of the world's population that do not follow the above mentioned God of those 3 named faiths live a life of 'meaningless idea of existence'".

I am saying an existence without true purpose as "evolutionist" scientists suggests, is a meaningless one. The absence of an intelligent creator removes real meaning and direction an purpose from existence.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
... since God hasn't been shown yet, so we can recognize Him, I could be God himself testing you.
Verily, thou art not far from the Kingdom of Heaven.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
... Taken according to your comment about not believing in living according to the will of God, can you honestly say that you have not disobeyed, or broken, at least 100 of the alleged 600 plus commands of God throughout the Bible, and if so how do you justify that?
I made no statement about "...not believing in living according to the will of God". If I did, I have made a mistake.

If you read my post correctly, you will notice that what I said is that: it is not necessary to contemplate the will of God (or at least that is what I should have written, if its not).

I am glad you brought it up though; because it does deserve some explanation.

That which is Omnipotent will drive all things towards Its Will or according to Its Nature; therefore it is not necessary to Know Its Will to be subject to Its Will. The act of seeking to know the Will/Nature of the Omnipotent is so that one may attune ones mind to Its Influences in order to live more harmoniously with it.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
... The only parent that I can truthfully say that has had his disobedient child put to death (by stoning according to the Bible, though this parent did it by drowning apparently) is now in prison in Canada where he will more than likely die as a prisoner (formerly from Afghanistan killed 3 daughters and his first wife due to one or more of his 3 teenage daughters' disobedience). Apparently this man did what he honestly believed was the right thing to do according to his beliefs, yet the law in Canada did not agree with his reasoning.
Can you imagine how much those legal people will be tortured in Hell for punishing a man for following his belief in God?
Were those people indeed following God Himself (not me this time)?

The Bible speaks of forgiveness and mercy; so why couldn't that parent choose to show the child love instead?

In all areas and fields, there will be extremists and extremism; even scientists may become obsessive.

About those legal people: they should go to hell anyway. Only God can Judge me.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#571600 Dec 9, 2012
Not Quite wrote:
<quoted text>
"evolution is a fact" is a statement that is based on the presumption that truth is absolute.
Do you believe then that truth is absolute?
One can not prove anything, but only present an argument by providing evidence to support the view being presented.

“e pluribus unum”

primus inter pares

#571601 Dec 9, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
How very f*^king touching; my eyes were just brimming with tears.
There is a God and man has been able to prove He exists.
People who take others for fools are fools themselves. What is the value of the expression: "If there is no God, which no man has been able to prove exist..."? You are a serpentine mother f*&ker.
<quoted text>
You assume too much. Suppose your nose was a doorpost; where would you put the hinges?
<quoted text>
No. I am not saying that "the majority of the world's population that do not follow the above mentioned God of those 3 named faiths live a life of 'meaningless idea of existence'".
I am saying an existence without true purpose as "evolutionist" scientists suggests, is a meaningless one. The absence of an intelligent creator removes real meaning and direction an purpose from existence.
<quoted text>
Verily, thou art not far from the Kingdom of Heaven.
<quoted text>
I made no statement about "...not believing in living according to the will of God". If I did, I have made a mistake.
If you read my post correctly, you will notice that what I said is that: it is not necessary to contemplate the will of God (or at least that is what I should have written, if its not).
I am glad you brought it up though; because it does deserve some explanation.
That which is Omnipotent will drive all things towards Its Will or according to Its Nature; therefore it is not necessary to Know Its Will to be subject to Its Will. The act of seeking to know the Will/Nature of the Omnipotent is so that one may attune ones mind to Its Influences in order to live more harmoniously with it.
<quoted text>
Were those people indeed following God Himself (not me this time)?
The Bible speaks of forgiveness and mercy; so why couldn't that parent choose to show the child love instead?
In all areas and fields, there will be extremists and extremism; even scientists may become obsessive.
About those legal people: they should go to hell anyway. Only God can Judge me.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571602 Dec 9, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know. It's problematic. Why?
<quoted text>
I ask because the standard you use to measure any intelligence will be effective in measuring yours.
<quoted text>
All problem solving ability in sentient creatures is intelligence. If man invents machines to help him, he has demonstrated intelligence.
<quoted text>
So how is nature's ability to adapt organisms to be better able to survive not a demonstration of nature's intelligence, while survival is a problem for those organisms most of the time?
<quoted text>
Natural intelligence probably does exist. Why do you assume that it doesn't? Arguing that there is no such thing as natural intelligence, and that therefore the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god, would be a circular argument, wouldn't it?
So if natural intelligence may exist; how can one say that there is no intelligent design/er?

Arguing that "there is no such thing as natural intelligence, and that therefore the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" would be absurd.

Arguing that "the presence of intelligence in the universe is evidence of a god" is justifiable; especially in light of the existence of natural intelligence.

Location hidden

#571603 Dec 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
I think you're right but will you pray he will quit humping my leg?
Otherwise I may have to hear the sound of my 44 gun.
Cause there was.....
Ok....WHAT??

Location hidden

#571604 Dec 9, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Hopefully they will accept my plea bargain though?
Again.....WHAT?

Speak English, love!
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571606 Dec 9, 2012
<quoted text>
I believe many things, but I don't believe in anything. That's for children.

And I don't deny natural intelligence, although it seems that you do if you invoke supernatural agency to account for it.
Ditto on the first. I don't recall any hypocrisy from you yet, but my memory is imperfect, and I haven't read everything that you've posted, either.
I mentioned nothing about "believing in" anything in that post.

What is supernatural? If God created nature, then He must be the most natural thing there is; the essence of nature and the foundation of the natural.

God may be said to be supernatural, but then again an excellent lovemaking experience with a woman may also be said to be supernatural(in my case).

If you dont deny natural intelligence, then how come you dont appreciate "Intelligent Design"?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571607 Dec 9, 2012
... What "Law of Equality"? I can't find this term anywhere except in a legal context...
Court IS in session; this is the time of your judgement.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 13 min crucifiedguy 284,739
Christians cannot debate with ATHEISTS 16 min It aint necessari... 723
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 17 min truth 665,629
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 2 hr WildWeirdWillie 184,820
donald trump will not fulfill all campaign prom... 2 hr crucifiedguy 62
women watching men naked on webcam (Mar '12) 3 hr str8hairymarried 85
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 hr truth 88,545
The Future of Politics in America 6 hr River Tam 313
More from around the web