“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571361 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Again...you are espousing that philosophical rhetoric is actuality when it is not...it is merely the perception(all to often indoctrinated into an individual)of an individual concerning his place in the environment he is a part of.
If it were inerrant actuality,[everyone] would know it as unquestionable fact.
The "vail lifted from their eyes" is not rhetoric.

Before Jesus came, humans couldn't talk to God, the couldn't ask forgiveness for sins, they literally had a veil in the churches so God "couldn't see them" and all their sins.

Not everyone can understand something as inerrant. More often than not it seems to be opinionated. But, as we speak (so to speak), nobody can prove any inerrancy of the Bible.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#571362 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven.
<quoted text>
That's where the righteous who died before Christ and who were not admitted to heaven until his resurrection.
<quoted text>
The Bible can't simply be read, it has to be studied.
Have you ever studied the Bible - really?
the communication of the god to his children is transparent only to the scholars of the bible, now there is a fail for the god.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571363 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice post. Answer me this, would ya?
"There was and is no intent on the part of science to prove or disprove any "supernatural", as it can not even enter into the equation as verifiable or viable as a testable element of experiment."
I agree, then why do so many atheists try to say that science disproves any and all gods?
Because they are no different than religionists' when it comes to presenting their philosophy. Often times the two become entangled in the language of presentation...and it is incorrect for either side to assume that they can possibly compare the two as experiment of conclusion.

Location hidden

#571364 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven.
<quoted text>
That's where the righteous who died before Christ and who were not admitted to heaven until his resurrection.
<quoted text>
and this claim of yours, comes from someone who has not studied, who merely employs the apologetic of others, who has not researched the history of his dogma.

you condemn yourself,......... sir.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571365 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not at all. I am suggesting that you look beyond the limitations of indoctrinated belief and then make some judgments based on more complete evidence. It is not a putdown...it is a statement that you are making conclusion without all the evidence, or adulterated evidence...that is all.
Believe me, I have look beyond what I was taught, indoctrinated, to believe. This is why I beieve that some of the major & well known stories of the Bible are allegorical or metaphorical, at best.

A conclusion without evidence? hmmm... Like Darwin's theory that all life on Earth share a common ancestor?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571366 Dec 8, 2012
jmw wrote:
checkthis out
http://4653fe16.any.gs
lol - click on that, I get a big blue screen that says "suspicious".....

Nigerian?

Location hidden

#571367 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven.
<quoted text>
<quoted text>
those who have studied the bible, are almost exclusively atheistic

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571368 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the communication of the god to his children is transparent only to the scholars of the bible, now there is a fail for the god.
Why do you think that? Because God has never spoked to you?
Darwin was an ape

Santa Cruz, CA

#571369 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Unlike your "Palmdale Sockpuppet Rodeo Gang", I don't suffer your delusions.
That will be my last post to your trolling sockpuppet brigade.
Well, I don't have a gang, but it is clear that you suffer from your own confusion which causes your delusions. So troll, please spare me the historonics and just don't post to me. You are an irrelevant lonely lost soul, so spare the world from your nonsense.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571370 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Because they are no different than religionists' when it comes to presenting their philosophy. Often times the two become entangled in the language of presentation...and it is incorrect for either side to assume that they can possibly compare the two as experiment of conclusion.
hmmmm

Makes sense.

I guess that's the ignorant "Goddidit" vs "Darwindidit" arguement....

Thanks

Location hidden

#571371 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no. You didn't answer my request. Let's try again.
Please show me your scientific evidence to support you claim: "Any religious deity(for example: the biblical god) has been disproven by every scientist experiment".
"evolution, gravity, ecosystems, predator vs prey, evolution of human belief sysytems,'dead' deities" are not science experiments that disproves God.
Try again, but this time pur a little thought into it.
define "god"

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#571372 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
A description of reality does not have to be factual; "the sun is a red apple", is also a description of reality.
An accurate description of reality does have to be factual to be accurate.
God Himself wrote:
The fact that you cant prove that God doesnt exist is also confirmed.
That depends what you mean by "God." Some gods can be ruled out.
God Himself wrote:
Since you dont know the experience that are involved in the formation of religious faith; you have no authority to speak on the matter.
I disagree with your premise.
God Himself wrote:
The fact is that beliefs are caused, so all faith has some association with reality
The beliefs may be actual, but that says nothing about their accuracy.
God Himself wrote:
so religious faith and scientific beliefs are both rooted in real experiences.
That's a trivial point that is true about any belief. They all come from a physical brain interacting with a physical world outside of itself.
God Himself wrote:
Your expression that "Beliefs justified by religious faith are guesses", amount to nothing but mere propaganda.
Maybe if I repeat so often that it causes people to believe it. At this point, it's a claim, and I would argue analytically true. It is true by definition, in the same way that calling a bachelor unmarried is analytically true. Religious faith is certitude in the absence of supporting evidence, which is synonymous with calling it a guess treated like a proven fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571373 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
and this claim of yours, comes from someone who has not studied, who merely employs the apologetic of others, who has not researched the history of his dogma.
you condemn yourself,......... sir.
lol

Thanks, Dr Phil

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571374 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I tend to agree with you.
Atheists are as ignorant about religious concepts as Christians like myself (I may be called one) are ignorant about evolutionary concepts.
Some of the most vital concept that encourage harmony between the man and society and even man and the universe is embodied in religious concepts.
For example, the 'cross' represent the idea of absolute equity: the vertical line represents the relationship "as above, so below", while the horizontal line represents "as on the left, so on the right".
Now that reminds mankind to practice equity in his thoughts as well as his actions, for the world in which he exists is the product of equality in action and existence it is continually moving towards states of equality. By thinking and acting with equity man becomes at harmony with himself, his fellow men and the entire universe. It says in Mark 1:1-8 "Prepare and make his path straight/even/level".
But those so called atheists never see such implications, they never see any positive development or contributions made by religions or belief systems such as that.
They only use science as is convenient for them, and neglect the possibly of any reality outside of what they define/describe.
Not [everyone] does that. Symbols are better and faster definitions of ideas than the written word, once one understands what the symbols represent, and the context in which they are displayed. It is like "speed reading" so to speak.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571375 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
those who have studied the bible, are almost exclusively atheistic
uh-huh...

So you think that atheists often go to college & earn Theological degrees & spend 20, 30, 40 years of their lives studying the Bible?

Trust me, you're wrong. My dad has a Th.M. and my grandpa had a M.Div.

They're very hard to get.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571376 Dec 8, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
define "god"
"I Am that I Am"

Tetragrammaton, YHVH

Yahweh

Jehovah

The God of our ancestors, Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.

Location hidden

#571377 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Which version of evolution are you supporting?
Evolution is the change in the inherited characteristics of biological populations over successive generations.
This is fact.
--
Darwin's Theory of Evolution is the widely held notion that all life is related and has descended from a common ancestor.
This is not fact, it's assumption. I say it's not fact because it isn't proven & doubtfully can be.
"To suppose that the eye with all its inimitable contrivances for adjusting the focus to different distances, for admitting different amounts of light, and for the correction of spherical and chromatic aberration, could have been formed by natural selection, seems, I freely confess, absurd in the highest degree." -Darwin
--
So again, which evolution do you advocate to be taught in school?
"Darwin's theory" (ToE) in one sentence is: "decent with modification"

it is the "record" which suggests that the amount of species and the complexity there of, is less , as the past is examined.

You mischaracterize the theory, I do not accuse you of intentional deception, only of ignorance.

the quote is out of context and a shameful lie parroted from deceitful christian apologetic

Location hidden

#571378 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, lets start with the fact that evolution is a very effective means of creating intelligently: evolutionary algorithm is now opening the doors to the creation of devices that posses artificial intelligence capabilities that other forms of algorithms were unable to.
1. WE KNOW FOR A FACT that the use or presence of the process of evolution is becoming of an intelligent creator. HENCE INTELLIGENT DESIGN CAN BE DEMONSTRATED USING "EVOLUTION TECHNIQUES".
2. Matter and energy have no demonstrable mental capacity; so there is an active "naturally intelligent "agent"" which creates mental capacities in creatures... unless you are a mindless product of mindless forces.
3. Furthermore, a physical entity is defined by limits; so while the universe has no limits, it cannot be said to be a physical thing. It may be concluded that we exist in a non-physical entity such as a type of "mind" (i.e spirit) as opposed to a purely physical space.
These are some suggestions are all scientifically testable and empirically measurable. Give them a try.
you fail to communicate

Location hidden

#571379 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm, where was evolution theory before it was theorised? Evolution theory is just like a media analysis technique: it is nothing but an attempt to interpret.
Your reference to the characters of individuals who are less than virtuous in no way undermines the reality of God or disprove His existence. A cheap shot in the truest sense.
correct

god belief does not impart morality or truth to the believer

read your posts

Location hidden

#571380 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Thats it isnt it?
Who is to say what the kids are or are not supposed to believe?
Shouldn't the kids be let to form their own conclusions?
The real battle is a battle for the souls of the next generation; through their minds.
But I chose to believe in God to a certain extent; so I know there will be others who believe in Him also.
If you dont want your children to believe a thing; keep them away from where it is being taught, and dont try to prevent the teaching of the thing itself.
the only path that insures my child's health

is to crush the filth before it injures him

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was Adolf Hitler right after all? (Jun '10) 11 min TommyEmilou14 17
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 12 min bad bob 176,592
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 15 min New Age Spiritual... 586,608
News Many Tennesseans remain opposed to same-sex unions 27 min MamasDaddysKuzinsBro 3
Why are white people so insecure ? (Feb '10) 42 min Whats up 61
is it a good idea to date a mexican guy? (Feb '09) 45 min Sllskksk 181
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Smokin Joe 121,747
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr TIM958 611,974
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr Mr Wiggley 443,009
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 13 hr Tony17 99,363
More from around the web