Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do your own damn research, RR.
I'm sick and tired of doing it FOR you.
You're sick & tired of doing nothing?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
if you had any respect or care about children at all you wouldn't be using such a horrid picture as you are using.
What is horrid about the picture when you click on the link? What is horrid is the story which accompanies it- the horrors of what those Christian pastors do.

The story is the TRUTH- too bad if the truth hurts- it is what it is and what it is shouldn't be but this IS what some Christians are capable of doing and THAT is what is horrid.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Court precedent based on the Constitution is law. Sheez.
I know.

But where's the law that bans school teachers from displaying religious decorations?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the expression "every creation must have a creator", at least in those words, first came to me the first time I read a post where Patty quoted those words, which she did at least 1000 times.
The expression actually is nonsense. It doesn't give you any information about anything, other than the person saying it might not be too bright, but is good at memorizing cliches, that they don't really understand.
It is also begging the question and circular logic as you use it. It assumes that there is a creation to be created, which is making a horrendous judgement error when no information has ever been available to suggest that such a creation even exists.
Those are little things that people who can't think, or don't have much knowledge, throw into a conversation to try to throw others off the topic, because they can't communicate on an intelligence high enough to be understood by others.
thats true.
she and I have discussed it as well.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
really you are comparing a coutry that subscribes to VOODOO with America?
Uh....it is CHRISTIAN pastors who denounce those children as witches- CHRISTIAN pastors.

Do you know how to read?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but the courts tasked with interpreting and upholding the Constitution disagree with you.
Ok.

Where's the law?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
so then where is the written record of any know people prior to 3000BC?
what was the language?
who were the people?
where are the written events of history prior to 3000BC
and i can poo poo your link as well you poo pooed my link you know.
Why do you not ever open the "proof" people present you with YD?

It is because you can't stand the truth, and refuse to even "behold" it, as it does not fit your indoctrination.

It was fruitless to deal with your arrogant ignorance before you switched handles, and it is still just as worthless to converse with an idiot who will not even consider facts now.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got strange inmpressions.
Nah- the only thing "strange"- and using the word "strange" in a positive way- is that "Huh" got you all figured out in about 5 minutes.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it can- it can happen when those involved are rational and intelligent.
Sorry that leaves you out in the cold.
It can't happen in public schools. They don't teach religion.

Geez, do try to pay attention.
Chubbs Peterson

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
Before I waste expend any effort, tell me exactly what you would accept as proof.....something that could be provided within the context of this forum. And be specific.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
In Patty's case, and I think without going back to your first few posts, to check, in your case too, the personal attacks started coming from Patty and you from day one. Most people, when being verbally attacked by someone claiming to be a messenger of God, will be offended by such actions.
Even though some of us are not believers, we still usually know what the tenets of Christianity are and that one of the main commands of Jesus was to love your neighbor and to treat others as you would also like to be treated, rather than get someone before they get you, as seems to be both yours and Patty's habit here. Is that a family thing with you two?
I have attacked no one.
and you accusing me of attacking others constitutes as you attacking me.

How long have you held a communist outlook in life boots?

and don't say you don't, because you think everyone must think as you do.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant? I suppose you looked them up. Court rulings are absolutely relevant as they establish law. Civics 101.
Yes, irrelevant to the discussion.

We're talking about religious decorations in schools and you posted two court cases involving something else.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is unnecessary to remove that which doesn't exist.
Another opinionated atheist. Greeeeat.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
I use a picture which you dont like
so this is worse than christians killing little kids
your value system is fked thanks to your evil god
oh yeah almost forgot SHUT UP PATTY YOU MAD OLD BAT
When I click on the link, I only see a head shot of a little boy. He doesn't look too happy, but the picture is not "horrid" as she claimed it is, which tells me she either didn't open the link or else has no clue as to what she is talking about.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if that's a true story....
" It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives."
Stalin's an atheist hero.
"Richard Dawkins has attempted to engage in historical revisionism concerning atheist atrocities and Dawkins was shown to be in gross error."
Dawkins is your prophet.
www.conservapedia.com
RR i wouldn't even waste your time trying to commuicate with that (Botz r us) that person is seriously damaged.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Even school funding has you perplexed. There are many sources outside of property taxes. Sheez.
Really? Wow.

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

Most of school funding comes from property taxes. The rest comes from things like grants(mainly for repairs, upgrades, books, etc) and fundraisers.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

Judged:

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you claim to have followed the conversations that I had with Patty, you will have already seen that addressed hundreds of times here, so it is a waste of your time to go over it again, but briefly I don't personally claim to actually have in my apartment, any evidence of an earlier primate, nor do I even know the address of someone who does have that evidence, however, because I am educated, I do know that such evidence has been found, and those who know how to study these things do know those answers. I suggest you search the net, as it has much more resources than I do.
Let's for everyone's sake, leave it at that, okay.
thank you for admitting there is no such evidence.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't happen in public schools. They don't teach religion.
Geez, do try to pay attention.
You're a liar or an idiot. Or else a lying idiot. Or else an idiotic liar.

"The following examples show what that tightrope looks like on a day-to-day basis.

OK: Teaching about the Bible, the Torah, or other sacred texts and their influence on human behavior. No one denies that religion has strongly motivated behavior in the United States and around the world. Acknowledging that fact in the curriculum does not raise First Amendment concerns.

Wrong: Teaching sacred documents with devotion or as singular truth. It crosses the line when a teacher or school district portrays one religion or religion in general as the preferred belief.

http://www.centerforpubliceducation.org/Main-...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sick & tired of doing nothing?
RR, I GUARANTEE you- I do more in an HOUR than you do in a DAY.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 7, 2012

boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than dare read the link in its entirety, UIF, I choose not to go there at all, because I don't consider a site called jesus-is-savior.com to be a source of accurate historical information, as one would have to know from the name that the site is about Jesus, and worshiping Jesus rather than being open-mined about a topic.
However in reading more reputable sites, which draw their info from actual science, I find that your number of 3500 BCE, or so, is what is considered as the first sign of written language, but also they have found other pottery, etc, going back several thousand years prior to that which have definite symbols on them which indicate that they were showing some sort of a message, which may or may not be decipherable in today's words. Frankly I don't know how any of the ancient languages, that don't now exist, have been deciphered, but it seems some people know some sort of a means of doing that - I don't.
In any regard, if you are correct that man first learned to write some 5000 years or so ago, then that sort of means that the creation story has to be bogus, because we know the earth has been here for at least 4.5 billion years, and that man has been here for a few hundred thousands or more, perhaps not quite as evolved as man is today, so it would be humanly impossible to record only 5000 or 6000 years ago, events that occurred 4 billion or more years before that, or even 4000 years before, or 4 years before, because if man didn't have language 4000 years before how could he carry the information through hundreds of generations, with no way of even knowing that information can be carried?
That might be similar to if we could teach a dolphin, for example, being one of the smarter animals besides man, to speak so that they can record things and pass it on, that they would start talking and tell us stories that they had passed on by language for thousands of years, prior to their knowing that they could speak. Yes, I am sure that you will say that dolphins and all other animals do pass on information, which we know, because even butterflies, which have never been to Mexico, know exactly where to fly to to land in a tree that their grandparents lived in a while before.
LOL i would of been surprised if you did.
we all know you are a hardcore skeptic.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

582 Users are viewing the Top Stories Forum right now

Search the Top Stories Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min WasteWater 256,988
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min RoSesz 533,625
Are their any older women looking for teen boys... (Aug '13) 7 min Anon 37
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 10 min Holy dr Shrink 599,127
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 18 min CAYLIPS017 115,645
00971569470225 Body to body massage in Abudhabi 18 min hoti 37
Michael Jackson broke down racial barriers (Jun '09) 20 min Jina Wild_ 1,564
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 30 min WildWeirdWillie 172,555
Does anyone do incest sex with your sister (Apr '12) 1 hr rahx 124
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••