“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#570964 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
In Patty's case, and I think without going back to your first few posts, to check, in your case too, the personal attacks started coming from Patty and you from day one. Most people, when being verbally attacked by someone claiming to be a messenger of God, will be offended by such actions.
Even though some of us are not believers, we still usually know what the tenets of Christianity are and that one of the main commands of Jesus was to love your neighbor and to treat others as you would also like to be treated, rather than get someone before they get you, as seems to be both yours and Patty's habit here. Is that a family thing with you two?
I have attacked no one.
and you accusing me of attacking others constitutes as you attacking me.

How long have you held a communist outlook in life boots?

and don't say you don't, because you think everyone must think as you do.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#570965 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Irrelevant? I suppose you looked them up. Court rulings are absolutely relevant as they establish law. Civics 101.
Yes, irrelevant to the discussion.

We're talking about religious decorations in schools and you posted two court cases involving something else.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570967 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, it is unnecessary to remove that which doesn't exist.
Another opinionated atheist. Greeeeat.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#570968 Dec 7, 2012
Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
I use a picture which you dont like
so this is worse than christians killing little kids
your value system is fked thanks to your evil god
oh yeah almost forgot SHUT UP PATTY YOU MAD OLD BAT
When I click on the link, I only see a head shot of a little boy. He doesn't look too happy, but the picture is not "horrid" as she claimed it is, which tells me she either didn't open the link or else has no clue as to what she is talking about.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570969 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I wonder if that's a true story....
" It has been estimated that in less than the past 100 years, governments under the banner of communism have caused the death of somewhere between 40,472,000 to 259,432,000 human lives."
Stalin's an atheist hero.
"Richard Dawkins has attempted to engage in historical revisionism concerning atheist atrocities and Dawkins was shown to be in gross error."
Dawkins is your prophet.
www.conservapedia.com
RR i wouldn't even waste your time trying to commuicate with that (Botz r us) that person is seriously damaged.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570970 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Even school funding has you perplexed. There are many sources outside of property taxes. Sheez.
Really? Wow.

Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.

Most of school funding comes from property taxes. The rest comes from things like grants(mainly for repairs, upgrades, books, etc) and fundraisers.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570971 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Because you claim to have followed the conversations that I had with Patty, you will have already seen that addressed hundreds of times here, so it is a waste of your time to go over it again, but briefly I don't personally claim to actually have in my apartment, any evidence of an earlier primate, nor do I even know the address of someone who does have that evidence, however, because I am educated, I do know that such evidence has been found, and those who know how to study these things do know those answers. I suggest you search the net, as it has much more resources than I do.
Let's for everyone's sake, leave it at that, okay.
thank you for admitting there is no such evidence.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570972 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't happen in public schools. They don't teach religion.
Geez, do try to pay attention.
You're a liar or an idiot. Or else a lying idiot. Or else an idiotic liar.

"The following examples show what that tightrope looks like on a day-to-day basis.

OK: Teaching about the Bible, the Torah, or other sacred texts and their influence on human behavior. No one denies that religion has strongly motivated behavior in the United States and around the world. Acknowledging that fact in the curriculum does not raise First Amendment concerns.

Wrong: Teaching sacred documents with devotion or as singular truth. It crosses the line when a teacher or school district portrays one religion or religion in general as the preferred belief.

http://www.centerforpubliceducation.org/Main-...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570973 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're sick & tired of doing nothing?
RR, I GUARANTEE you- I do more in an HOUR than you do in a DAY.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570974 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Rather than dare read the link in its entirety, UIF, I choose not to go there at all, because I don't consider a site called jesus-is-savior.com to be a source of accurate historical information, as one would have to know from the name that the site is about Jesus, and worshiping Jesus rather than being open-mined about a topic.
However in reading more reputable sites, which draw their info from actual science, I find that your number of 3500 BCE, or so, is what is considered as the first sign of written language, but also they have found other pottery, etc, going back several thousand years prior to that which have definite symbols on them which indicate that they were showing some sort of a message, which may or may not be decipherable in today's words. Frankly I don't know how any of the ancient languages, that don't now exist, have been deciphered, but it seems some people know some sort of a means of doing that - I don't.
In any regard, if you are correct that man first learned to write some 5000 years or so ago, then that sort of means that the creation story has to be bogus, because we know the earth has been here for at least 4.5 billion years, and that man has been here for a few hundred thousands or more, perhaps not quite as evolved as man is today, so it would be humanly impossible to record only 5000 or 6000 years ago, events that occurred 4 billion or more years before that, or even 4000 years before, or 4 years before, because if man didn't have language 4000 years before how could he carry the information through hundreds of generations, with no way of even knowing that information can be carried?
That might be similar to if we could teach a dolphin, for example, being one of the smarter animals besides man, to speak so that they can record things and pass it on, that they would start talking and tell us stories that they had passed on by language for thousands of years, prior to their knowing that they could speak. Yes, I am sure that you will say that dolphins and all other animals do pass on information, which we know, because even butterflies, which have never been to Mexico, know exactly where to fly to to land in a tree that their grandparents lived in a while before.
LOL i would of been surprised if you did.
we all know you are a hardcore skeptic.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570976 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
UIF, are you trying to tell us that you have less school education than even Patty does, who appears to be the least educated person to have been on this site?
Most people know that we did not come from a literal man and woman, named Adam and Eve.
I thought you were the least educated on this site.

your putdowns are OLD.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570977 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I can't speak for "Huh", but I know what MY end game is.
That is to keep the CLEAR separation of church and state we enjoy in this country as clear and as distinct as possible.
I don't think you understand what separation of church & state means.

"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State." -Jefferson

The gov't CAN'T make laws prohibiting exercise of religion.

And guess what?

Neither can you.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570978 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? Wow.
Go ahead and pat yourself on the back.
Most of school funding comes from property taxes. The rest comes from things like grants(mainly for repairs, upgrades, books, etc) and fundraisers.
OMG- who do you think fills the coffers for those grants?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570979 Dec 7, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. wonder if your nemesis knows what the Hebrew word 'putz' means. If not, it could be your new nickname for him ..
Oh sure. In 46 years, I've never heard the word putz before.....

ooooooh

Jeweist putz!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570980 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>And do keep in mind that RR scoffs and sneers at one's heritage being something that to many is important and appreciated.
He has no use for it because he is not intelligent enough to see the value in one's heritage and he becomes outraged at the mere suggestion to him that his heritage is NOT American but that it most likely originated in Europe.
He thinks that his family having been here for a mere 125 years speaks of his heritage and he misinterprets that to think that means his heritage is American and ONLY American.
Hey! Maybe we should all chip in and get him a subscription to ancestry.com
LOL!!!
Wouldn't do much good. My mom's grandparents had no birth certificates, neither did their parents, grandparents, etc....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570981 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It can't happen in public schools. They don't teach religion.
Geez, do try to pay attention.
Yep- I do more in an HOUR than you do in a DAY.

For instance, it took me about 1 minute to prove you WRONG in this post of yours to which I am responding:

From post #570972:

"The following examples show what that tightrope looks like on a day-to-day basis.

OK: Teaching about the Bible, the Torah, or other sacred texts and their influence on human behavior. No one denies that religion has strongly motivated behavior in the United States and around the world. Acknowledging that fact in the curriculum does not raise First Amendment concerns.

Wrong: Teaching sacred documents with devotion or as singular truth. It crosses the line when a teacher or school district portrays one religion or religion in general as the preferred belief."

If I had a nickel for every time I've proved you wrong, I could have quit my job by now.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570982 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh sure. In 46 years, I've never heard the word putz before.....
ooooooh
Jeweist putz!
HL asked if you knew what it MEANT- not if you've HEARD the word....

READ, you SCHMUCK, READ......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570983 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Nah- the only thing "strange"- and using the word "strange" in a positive way- is that "Huh" got you all figured out in about 5 minutes.
According to you, Dr Ruth?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570984 Dec 7, 2012
Chubbs Peterson wrote:
<quoted text>
Before I waste expend any effort, tell me exactly what you would accept as proof.....something that could be provided within the context of this forum. And be specific.
Sadly, apocalypse666 has passed on.

The atheists still look down to him for inspiration, though....

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570985 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think you understand what separation of church & state means.
"Believing with you that religion is a matter which lies solely between Man & his God, that he owes account to none other for his faith or his worship, that the legitimate powers of government reach actions only, & not opinions, I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between Church and State." -Jefferson
The gov't CAN'T make laws prohibiting exercise of religion.
And guess what?
Neither can you.
YES. THEY. CAN. And YES. THEY. DO.

NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION.

That means that in PUBLIC SCHOOLS, NO establishment of religion.

You are DENSE.

You can exercise religion in your HOME.

You can exercise religion in a CHURCH, TEMPLE or other houses of worship.

You can exercise religion on the STREET CORNER.

You can NOT exercise religion in PUBLIC SCHOOLS.

Are you really TOO dense to get this and see WHY it is important that our PUBLIC schools do not teach any sort of religious indoctrination??

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min USA Born 560,184
I'm looking for a writer to write my true story (Nov '08) 15 min zoeybelle 211
Can REAL PEACE be REALIZED without Jesus Christ?? 29 min Clarence688 4
Bull and Boar - an 18th century Welsh tavern. 51 min Ed Teach 97
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr lovewithin 39,366
a dramatis false eye eook ? reviewing macís fal... 1 hr mohamed sh 1
Gay snapchat names 1 hr lifeofsinx93 165
Why Iím no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 1 hr hpcaban 441,809
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr YellowPissreality 265,393
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Atheist girl 605,279
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 hr Freebird USA 175,775
More from around the web