“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571113 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- like "Just Results" who posts their hatred and anger here is tolerant of other religions, huh?
What about the many who have been here who have told people if they don't accept your Jesus they are going to burn in "hell" and that they are "sinners"?
You think such intolerance is only to be found on Topix?
Au contraire, mon frere........
You do recall the article I posted earlier this week about a Menorah being destroyed outside of a temple along with words such as: You killed Christ and "kikes", right?
You think that was an isolated incident? Think again.
Sorry, RR- I find the majority of Christians to be quite insufferable and really very intolerant with their "holier-than-thou" attitude.
I don't know of ANY atheists desecrating property or any religious icons or displays. Not saying it can't happen or never has, but if so, with far less frequency than hate crimes by what you call "religious people".
I didn't say all religious people, did I?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#571114 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Because most religious people are pretty tolerant of other religions, whereas atheists are intolerant of all religions.
Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, Hindus and Atheists do not believe in Allah.

Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, Muslims, and Atheists do not believe in Brahman.

Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus and Atheists do not believe in the Haskala.

Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and Atheists do not believe in Adi Granth.

Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, and Atheists do not believe in Buddha.

Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, and Buddhists do not believe in the Christ.

Atheists agree with the majority. Atheism wins.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#571115 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No I wouldn't. I don't care at all.
What is get pissed about is if that teacher starred preaching Islam in class, as everyone should.
I don't get pissed at the teachers that have no religious decorations.
I didn't get pissed at my sons science teacher a few years ago when he had a Darwin fish in the wall. That's his right and I'd defend him to keep that right even though I disagree.
A darwin fish, while it may be a little bit provocative, it not a religious symbol. It is a play on the ichthys, as I'm sure you know. It does not advocate any religion, and if it supports anything at all it supports a universally accepted scientific theory/fact. It's shorthand for "I support science."

And while preaching islam is certainly a step up from displaying religous imagery, they are still both of the same category, that is, support for a religion. In a public place funded by public money it is never appropriate to advocate any one religion. Doesn't displaying a crescent send the same message as preaching islam, albeit less forcefully? It's basically "I believe in this religion, and maybe you should too, and I have no problem obnoxiously displaying that sentiment for the world to see."

Location hidden

#571116 Dec 7, 2012
Oh, yeah, Atheists don't believe in the Christ either. Doh! I'd say Freudian slip, but Christians don't believe in Freud. Haha.

Location hidden

#571117 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I didn't say all religious people, did I?
Funny thing is, when churches burn to the ground it's Christians doing the burning. Weird, huh?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571118 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- it is YOU who is blowing it out of proportion with your annoying whining about teachers not being allowed to display religious items in a PUBLIC school.
Do you think a science teacher who dismisses astrology in an astronomy class is violating the First Amendment?

Do you think that a teacher that calls creationism ôsuperstitious nonsense" is also in violation?

Did you know that the 9th Circuit rejected the claim of a teacher who had put up patriotic banners in the classroom emphasizing references to God, but defended a teacher who called creationism ôsuperstitious nonsense"?

Location hidden

#571119 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, sure....
And when that teacher has a Darwin fish and tells the students that the flat earth theory is nonsense, you'll be right there to get them fired.
WTF? What does this have to do with religious imagery in public schools? A darwin fish is not religious imagery. It is a joke, and if it supports anything it supports evolution. That's like saying that a teacher who displays the copernican solar system is displaying religious imagery.

And the flat earth theory is nonsense, so there's nothing wrong with telling students that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571120 Dec 7, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>A darwin fish, while it may be a little bit provocative, it not a religious symbol. It is a play on the ichthys, as I'm sure you know. It does not advocate any religion, and if it supports anything at all it supports a universally accepted scientific theory/fact. It's shorthand for "I support science."

You'd probably defend the teacher with the Darwin fish but not the Jesus fish, huh?

The Darwin disc is more than "I support science.", it's "I support science & want to mock Christians with their stupid fish."
And while preaching islam is certainly a step up from displaying religous imagery, they are still both of the same category, that is, support for a religion. In a public place funded by public money it is never appropriate to advocate any one religion. Doesn't displaying a crescent send the same message as preaching islam, albeit less forcefully? It's basically "I believe in this religion, and maybe you should too, and I have no problem obnoxiously displaying that sentiment for the world to see."

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a school teacher discussing religion in class.

It is terribly wrong if a teacher promotes or denegrates a religion in class.

Location hidden

#571121 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you think a science teacher who dismisses astrology in an astronomy class is violating the First Amendment?
Do you think that a teacher that calls creationism ôsuperstitious nonsense" is also in violation?
Did you know that the 9th Circuit rejected the claim of a teacher who had put up patriotic banners in the classroom emphasizing references to God, but defended a teacher who called creationism ôsuperstitious nonsense"?
Well, creationism is superstitious nonsense. It does not belong in a science classroom just like astrology doesn't belong in a science classroom. That particular teacher could have been more respectful, but I don't know the context of the situation - maybe he was justified.

Would you be upset if someone called greek mythology superstitious nonsense? No religion deserves special treatment.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#571122 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I have found it kind of depends on the intensity of the smell. Mild is nice. Rank is not. IMO.
tell RR

he is still buying caned fish

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571123 Dec 7, 2012
Anagramanachronist wrote:
<quoted text>Funny thing is, when churches burn to the ground it's Christians doing the burning. Weird, huh?
uh-huh... Like this?

"Atheists are using a music video that celebrates the burning of churches..."

http://radio.foxnews.com/toddstarnes/top-stor...

Or this?

"Investigators have seized books on demons and atheism as well as rifles and knives from in a home linked to one of the men charged with setting an east Texas church on fire..."

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/news/faith/20...

There's thousands more.

Location hidden

#571124 Dec 7, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. RR is now in your capable hands ..
you can have him, I dont want him,

he keeps peering at my ass.

are my jeans too tight?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571125 Dec 7, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? What does this have to do with religious imagery in public schools? A darwin fish is not religious imagery. It is a joke, and if it supports anything it supports evolution. That's like saying that a teacher who displays the copernican solar system is displaying religious imagery.
And the flat earth theory is nonsense, so there's nothing wrong with telling students that.
Ya, the Darwin fish is a joke - a joke on Christians.

So you're ok with teachers denigrating religion?

Nice "separation".......

Location hidden

#571126 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, sure....
And when that teacher has a Darwin fish and tells the students that the flat earth theory is nonsense, you'll be right there to get them fired.
not if he can prove the fish is a science symbol and not a filthy christian one

Location hidden

#571127 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You'd probably defend the teacher with the Darwin fish but not the Jesus fish, huh?
The Darwin disc is more than "I support science.", it's "I support science & want to mock Christians with their stupid fish."
<quoted text>
There's absolutely nothing wrong with a school teacher discussing religion in class.
It is terribly wrong if a teacher promotes or denegrates a religion in class.
And you don't consider the prominent display of religious imagery promotion? Why are you splitting hairs now? No one is claiming that the simple discussion, in the form of a religious history/cultural lesson, is bad thing.

Depending on the context, I'm sure some people are attempting to be a little offensive with the darwin fish. But I believe that most of the time it is a simple case of a well known religious symbol being appropriated to make a point. If fundamentalist christians had not attempted to frame their ideology as being diametrically opposed to evolution, I doubt the darwin fish would have ever existed.

Would you be mad if a wiccan symbol was appropriated to make a scientific point?

Location hidden

#571128 Dec 7, 2012
Anagramanachronist wrote:
<quoted text>Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, Hindus and Atheists do not believe in Allah.
Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Jews, Muslims, and Atheists do not believe in Brahman.
Christians, Buddhists, Sikhs, Muslims, Hindus and Atheists do not believe in the Haskala.
Christians, Buddhists, Muslims, Hindus, Jews, and Atheists do not believe in Adi Granth.
Christians, Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, and Atheists do not believe in Buddha.
Muslims, Hindus, Sikhs, Jews, and Buddhists do not believe in the Christ.
Atheists agree with the majority. Atheism wins.
and are the most tolerant, equality for all of the proven god beliefs

that there is an atheist philosophy

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#571129 Dec 7, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
No, I don't believe it either.
For that experiment we could use two tiolets, one for the guys and one for us girls, but coz guys are silly, they started using our tiolet and there was just piss everwhere.
Yh, I hate public tiolets, i only go if i really have to go. Even in the girls tiolets there's piss on the seats, it's like WFT? And why do people not flush? idiots, I tell ya!!!!
@Aura...awwwwwww so cute
@IANS.....hmmm, thank you for explaining to me in a very.......interesting way.:-)
People tend to not pay as much respect to public places as they would to their own homes, or these places get people who live on the street, and even a messy washroom is probably a luxury to them.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571130 Dec 7, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
tell RR
he is still buying caned fish
Hey Mr Intelligent, it's "canned"...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571131 Dec 7, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
not if he can prove the fish is a science symbol and not a filthy christian one
HA!

Such hypocrisy.

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#571132 Dec 7, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you did not tell her
that
her mother is in heaven?
No her mother told her she would see her again in heaven someday. She has told me she believes her mother is in heaven and that she's watching over her. I have been supportive of her belief, but I haven't told her anything nor have I encouraged anything.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 15 min RiccardoFire 40,005
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 17 min RiccardoFire 2,098
No one should blaspheme Prophet Mohammad, peace... 19 min LAWEST100 134
I'm white but don't like white women? (Jan '10) 28 min elliesmythe 121
Poll have you ever been completely naked in public o... 55 min stemaxgizmo 13
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 56 min MUQ2 270,226
Israel End is Near 1 hr MUQ2 32
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Seentheotherside 610,079
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 hr June VanDerMark 579,649
More from around the web