Prove there's a god.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#571266 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Why do you think that?
The job of the teacher in a public school has nothing to do with introducing, promoting or teaching religion.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571267 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um....
Are you 8? Do you think heaven is actually "in the sky"? You think he'll is "underground"?
You're a moron if you do.
Which heaven?
Do you know what Abraham's bosom is?
Have you ever read your book-really?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571268 Dec 8, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Those laws and freedoms might have been made possible by religious men, or some religious men, because the men of the time, in most cases, were from religious backgrounds and a lot of people were actively religious. However the laws they made were based on what they as human beings based on their experience of their time, and what they knew of how things had worked well or not, from their previous experiences, or what they had heard from others who came before them, and they put together things that they could all agree on to write into their various "books of law" or whatever is the term to describe those things.
The laws they made were based on their experiences; and they believed that their experiences Influenced, Determined and Authorized by God Himself (not me this time).

You have failed to remove faith from their decision making processes of teh founding fathers of the United States.
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Certainly everyone is going to think based on how one views things, because we are human, and if they were devout Christians, which it appears some might have been and some were not at all, then they would naturally take their personal view of what is right and wrong into what they voted for when they were enacting those laws.
They however were still not based on God or the Bible, but based on what adult men decided amongst themselves, using what would be in today's terms extremely poor and very naive knowledge, but what they knew about at the time.
They also would be bound by what laws that people had used in the past, and so they would have to look at each of those and make decisions as to whether or not, they as ordinary human beings thought they were good or bad laws.
Obviously because some of the things that were legal in 1776, or whatever the actual year of the signing of the various parts of their laws, later became illegal, such as slavery, their decisions at that time would have been anything but 100% perfect.
In so much as a man believes that He and the world he exists in are created by God, he must accept that all his decisions and actions are influenced by that God. So in essence their views of right and wrong though human were influences by the impact they thought God had on their existence.

How do you know what decision is "perfect"?

What does the perfection of the decision of the men who found that country have to do with the fact that they were men of faith? What does it have to with the fact that it was their faith that motivated their actions and shaped their personal value systems and ways of viewing the world?

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#571269 Dec 8, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
the Sumerians are in the bible.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571270 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
Man, Christians have to tie themselves into knots AND lie their asses off to support their lunacy. I've had enough of your insanity for one day.
I could say the same about atheists and evolution theory advocates.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#571271 Dec 8, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
Botz r us wrote:
theres kids in africa killed by christians every day
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri ...
<quoted text>
What is your point?
Maybe the poster is trying to help others understand the horrendous activities that Christianity is involved with.
I guess my question would be, if there was a "God", wouldn't you think that "He" would stop this outright?
But since there isn't that kind of proof, you as a so-called "Christian" only can blame men, huh?
How does that flow with that old adage about "God" - that "He" is all-powerful, all-knowing, and omniscient?
A: It doesn't. That perception, actually falls apart, right in front of you, but are you honest enough to admit it?
Probably not. Most so-called "Christians" can't be honest with themself or others in this regard.
the problem is that paticular poster is not discussing such things
have you read his posts?

and why display a disfigured child as your icon picture?
thats a rational thing to do.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571272 Dec 8, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
The job of the teacher in a public school has nothing to do with introducing, promoting or teaching religion.
Well actually it does.

Whatever factors play a role in human history and development must be presented to the younger generations; at least for them to have a chance to think about it and make their own decisions.

But I doubt that you will be willing to differentiate between teaching a religion and promoting one; because you seem to be among those that fear that somehow the younger generations will see your ideas as nothing but an "abomination of desolation".

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#571273 Dec 8, 2012
Phil wrote:
<quoted text>
Not if it's a public school. I'm all for each person having their own beliefs, but unless it's on your body (like a cross on a necklace)...I don't feel that it belongs in a classroom. Having religious freedom also means having many religious restrictions...meaning, there is not one religion that takes precedence over another when it comes to ones own beliefs. You can't just push out your own religious propaganda...especially if you are a teacher in a public classroom!
Kinda like politics...believe what you want, but if you're a teacher you might not want to hang a picture of the elephant or donkey in your classroom.
so if a teachers gives an assigment, or holds a debate in class, say on "what does Christmas time mean to you?"
and a child contributes the view point of it being a celebration of Christs birth, should that student be told they can't bring God into it?

Location hidden

#571274 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Saying that creatures adapt over time to better survive is not the same as saying evolution did it or natural selection did it.
Anyone can make a documentary, presenting supporting evidence; but evidence only supports. Evidence is not proof.
Do you know that there was a "Big Bang"; or are you just hiding behind the fact that a negative cannot be proven, so its impossible to prove that the Big Bang did not happen?
Even if there was a big bang, you still have to demonstrate that matter under the influence of mindless, undirected energy can repetitively produce forms, structures and entities with efficient capacities.
Furthermore, the fact that you dont know the origin of energy doesn't mean that "Goddidit"; but the fact that the origin of energy can be scientifically explained doesn't mean Godditnotdoit either.
I agree that the universe can be studied without reference to an "agent of creation"; but does that mean that the "agent of creation" does not exist or was not involved.
Does the fact that I dont have to know who made a care to study the car mean that the creator of the car doesnt exist? No. My will to study a thing without considering the creator of a thing is nothing more than the will to exclude the influence of the creator from my learning processes.
But therein is a fundamental error in thought:
HOW CAN YOU STUDY THE CREATION WITHOUT CONTEMPLATING THE INFLUENCE OF THE CREATOR; WHILE THE EXISTENCE OF THE OBJECT YOU ARE STUDYING IS MADE POSSIBLE THRUOGHT THE INFLUENCE OF THE CREATOR?
By studying the creation, you are as a matter of fact, contemplating the influence of the creator.
BUT SINCE SCIENCE IS NOT ABOUT FAIRNESS; I DONT EXPECT THE SCIENTIFIC MIND TO THINK FAIRLY.
Well, by all means show us all where, when, and how(emperical evidence) this supernatural entity has effected or affected the creation and evolution of anything at all in our known world.
So far all I see is rhetorical doubletalk, which might possibly increase atmospheric CO 2.

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#571275 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Satisfied? Not in the slightest.
Please show me your scientific evidence to support you claim: "Any religious deity(for example: the biblical god) has been disproven by every scientist experiment"
I'll wait.
You google.
Okay,

For example: evolution, gravity, ecosystems, predator vs prey, evolution of human belief sysytems,'dead' deities and so on.

Do you want a further explanation or is this enough?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571276 Dec 8, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
OK. So I'll assume that when that science teacher has that Darwin fish in the science class, you'll be right there at the school board getting him in trouble.

“This planet is”

wonderfull

#571277 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
I could say the same about atheists and evolution theory advocates.
Evolution doesn't really need an advocate, it's a scientific fact and is taught in normal schools all around the world. Atheists are people who don't believe in lunacy told by some child-molesting priest.

“This planet is”

wonderfull

#571278 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, by all means show us all where, when, and how(emperical evidence) this supernatural entity has effected or affected the creation and evolution of anything at all in our known world.
So far all I see is rhetorical doubletalk, which might possibly increase atmospheric CO 2.
I completely agree with you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571279 Dec 8, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Which heaven?
Heaven.
Do you know what Abraham's bosom is?
That's where the righteous who died before Christ and who were not admitted to heaven until his resurrection.
Have you ever read your book-really?
The Bible can't simply be read, it has to be studied.

Have you ever studied the Bible - really?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#571280 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws they made were based on their experiences; and they believed that their experiences Influenced, Determined and Authorized by God Himself (not me this time).
You have failed to remove faith from their decision making processes of teh founding fathers of the United States.
<quoted text>
In so much as a man believes that He and the world he exists in are created by God, he must accept that all his decisions and actions are influenced by that God. So in essence their views of right and wrong though human were influences by the impact they thought God had on their existence.
How do you know what decision is "perfect"?
What does the perfection of the decision of the men who found that country have to do with the fact that they were men of faith? What does it have to with the fact that it was their faith that motivated their actions and shaped their personal value systems and ways of viewing the world?
I think you pretty well agreed with what I said.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571281 Dec 8, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
Okay,
For example: evolution, gravity, ecosystems, predator vs prey, evolution of human belief sysytems,'dead' deities and so on.
Do you want a further explanation or is this enough?
No, no, no. You didn't answer my request. Let's try again.

Please show me your scientific evidence to support you claim: "Any religious deity(for example: the biblical god) has been disproven by every scientist experiment".

"evolution, gravity, ecosystems, predator vs prey, evolution of human belief sysytems,'dead' deities" are not science experiments that disproves God.

Try again, but this time pur a little thought into it.

“This planet is”

wonderfull

#571282 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Heaven.
<quoted text>
That's where the righteous who died before Christ and who were not admitted to heaven until his resurrection.
<quoted text>
The Bible can't simply be read, it has to be studied.
Have you ever studied the Bible - really?
Which heaven? Where's the evidence it exists?

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#571283 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Well actually it does.
Whatever factors play a role in human history and development must be presented to the younger generations; at least for them to have a chance to think about it and make their own decisions.
But I doubt that you will be willing to differentiate between teaching a religion and promoting one; because you seem to be among those that fear that somehow the younger generations will see your ideas as nothing but an "abomination of desolation".
Taught as historical facts, but not taught as what the kids are suppose to believe today, regarding a belief in a god. There is a difference between describing what people did a few hundred years ago, and telling the children that they must also do the same things, especially if the class is history rather than ethics or philosophy, which younger children would not be taught in any depth anyway, other than they would be told what the rules are in the classroom and in their daily lives relative to their attendance in that class.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#571284 Dec 8, 2012
Greens - Tuf wrote:
<quoted text> Teacher's cannot go to school and say Ford is better than Chev, that comes down to personal opinion, hence religion is the same, it is a personal belief. It is not fact, it is an opinion.
If it was scientific fact than of course you would not be having this debate.
A cross to me, regardless of it's intention wreaks of torture . It is a symbol of fear , it is a symbol of pain.
Think About It wrote:
<quoted text>
Isn't that just another opinion?
the cross is NOT a symbol of torture and pain for you?

AND

not all opinions are of equal value.

Location hidden

#571285 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Christian was first.
The first known usage of the term khristianos can be found in the New Testament, in Acts 11:26: "the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch."
A letter written by Ignatius to Christians in Smyrna around 106 is the earliest surviving witness to the use of the term Catholic Church.
When all is said and done, this is a question asking if the Catholic Church is the continuation of the original church of Jesus. If the catholics were first, then the rest of Christianity is false and apostate. If the Catholics were not first, then they are but a mere branch in the vast family of Christianity.
Wrong,
Christna was first-by thousands of years.
Your religion is a poor reconstruction of tenets of ancient Indian philosophy, hacked by the Roman elites with an agenda(which is why it is so vaguely written).
Your Abraham also came from those parts...so did the philosophy of your Jesus...which you people don't really follow at all.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 4 min Buck Crick 56,083
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Pad 650,384
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 13 min Rider on the Storm 182,946
Texting/Sext Buddies? (Oct '15) 14 min kiked me HoneyVhy 2
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 20 min ChristineM 445,921
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 45 min Student 44,967
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr andet1987 2,335
Moms having sex with their sons (Aug '12) 5 hr kobechi3 71
More from around the web