“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#570882 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I can dig a vodka collins, it's pretty much what you drink :)
A COLLINS??? river came out of the closet! just kidding, bud:)

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#570883 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Point of order, I did not state that the Redneck was "inherently dishonest". I stated that parsing words was inherently dishonest. There is a distinction.
Oh I know and am aware of the distinction; I was just cluing you in to the fact that many here know RiversideRedneck to be inherently dishonest- period.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570884 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not the law.
You fundamentalist atheists don't understand that.
Why would you want a nativity scene taken down?
Sigh....because it doesn't belong on PUBLIC property, that's why!

What is WRONG with you?????
Huh

Dallas, TX

#570885 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You're a hypocrite.
You can't be a Jew and a deist.
It's on or the other.
Or you're a Jeweist.
It is possible to be culturally Jewish and yet hold none of the supernatural beliefs associated with the religion. I know many such examples from my time in Manhattan. Traditions and dietary practices get passed down while the supernatural components become decreasingly marginalized and unimportant, as they usually do.

Cultural Jews connect to their heritage not through religious beliefs but rather through the languages, literature, art, dance, music, food, and celebrations of the Jewish people. Ever hear of Habonim Dror? Secular Jews take it even a step further, as Judaism is more than just a set of supernatural practices, it is also a cultural subset. Like ain't black and white or even shades of gray, it is a cornucopia of amazing colors at which to marvel.

By the way, due to the wanton unrest in the Arab world, the numbers of secular and cultural Muslims is growing at unprecedented rates. The US is already filled with cultural and secular Christians, but, it is the Fundamentalists that get all the face time.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570886 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was such a law, you the google liver would've posted it by now....
There IS such a law and I DID post it already.....are you ALWAYS a day late and a dollar short, RR- or is that only when you're on Topix?

I strongly suspect it's the former.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#570887 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>While raking leaves may SEEM pointless, it's not.
To say they keep coming so why bother is STUPID.
You might as well say there is no point in cleaning the house because it's just going to get dirty again.
You might as well say there is no point in washing your car because it's just going to get dirty again.
You might as well say there is no point in showering because you're going to get dirty again.
And....your self-inflicted persecution complex does not go unnoticed, RR.
NO ONE is trying to "remove" religion or a BELIEF in a god.
However, you trying to FOIST religion and YOUR belief in YOUR god onto others and in PUBLIC places is not only against the law, it is inappropriate.
Don't like it?
Tough. MOVE TO A THEOCRACY already, will ya?
"NO ONE is trying to "remove" religion or a BELIEF in a god."

Tell that to these old folks:

http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22133907/sen...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570888 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's you opinion.
The constitution agrees with me.
No, it does not. You are seeking to TRASH the Constitution in your frantic and pathetic bid for the USA to be a theocracy.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#570889 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
But it's not the law.
You fundamentalist atheists don't understand that.
Why would you want a nativity scene taken down?
If my taxes are paying for any portion of it, it has already been deemed un-Constitutional.

There is nothing good, honest, or heart warming about the nativity, anyway.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570890 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG- look who's talking- MR. MAJOR STEREOTYPING of ANY and ALL he is clueless about and doesn't understand.
Did you just call yourself "Mr"??

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#570891 Dec 7, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>"Y'all?" I just got in on the tail end of that talk.
y'all is an easy form of written communication.

bottom-line of previous conversation: it wouldn't hurt for women to take baths once in awhile in addition to showers. i'm just say'n;)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570892 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh.....you're such an anal-retentive fool.
General Rule: Displays of religious symbols, texts or artwork on school property are impermissible unless a display is integrated into an appropriate secular curriculum. 52 The fact that a display is donated by a private group or paid for by private funds will not affect whether it is permissible under the Establishment Clause. 53
May a school permanently display the Ten Commandments within classrooms or on school property?******No.***** A temporary display of the Ten Commandments integrated into a secular curriculum such as history or comparative religion may be permissible.
54 However, the Ten Commandments are "undeniably" a religious text, and the Supreme Court and a number of lower courts evaluating permanent displays of the Ten Commandments have found that such displays have a predominantly religious purpose and ******violate the Establishment Clause.****** 55
May a school permanently display religious artwork within classrooms or on school property?*****No.*****
Similar to displays of the Ten Commandments, a temporary display of religious artwork integrated into a secular curriculum may be permissible.******However, courts also have found that permanent displays of religious artwork have a predominantly religious purpose and violate the Establishment Clause.******* 56
http://www.adl.org/religion_ps_2004/property....
"The duty to uphold the Constitution is a fundamental difference between public schools and religious schools.
*****While government-sponsored schools must stay neutral (often called separation of church and state),***** private schools are not similarly bound. The contrast is stark: parochial and religious schools openly inculcate religion while teaching reading, writing, and mathematics."
Among the issues that have reached the High Court:
Can a school district allow students to conduct prayers over the loudspeaker and before kickoff at a varsity football game?(No)
Does a religious student club get the same rights and privileges as other student clubs?(Yes)
Is a school district required to give equal access to an outside organizations that provide after-school religious instruction to young children?(Yes)
Is a moment of silence really a cloaking device for prayer?(Sometimes)
Are the words “under God” in the pledge of allegiance unconstitutional in schools?(Undecided)
http://www.centerforpubliceducation.org/Main-...
Stop your annoying whining already, will ya?
Great. The ADL....

Ok, where's the LAW?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570893 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>It is possible to be culturally Jewish and yet hold none of the supernatural beliefs associated with the religion. I know many such examples from my time in Manhattan. Traditions and dietary practices get passed down while the supernatural components become decreasingly marginalized and unimportant, as they usually do.
Cultural Jews connect to their heritage not through religious beliefs but rather through the languages, literature, art, dance, music, food, and celebrations of the Jewish people. Ever hear of Habonim Dror? Secular Jews take it even a step further, as Judaism is more than just a set of supernatural practices, it is also a cultural subset. Like ain't black and white or even shades of gray, it is a cornucopia of amazing colors at which to marvel.
By the way, due to the wanton unrest in the Arab world, the numbers of secular and cultural Muslims is growing at unprecedented rates. The US is already filled with cultural and secular Christians, but, it is the Fundamentalists that get all the face time.
Funny you should mention Manhattan- that is where I am originally from, and as I'm sure you know, NYC has a major Jewish population and if I'm not mistaken, more Jews live in NYC than any place else in the USA.

And funnier still that you should state that life isn't black and white- that is the only way in which RiversideRedneck is capable of perceiving life- he has proven that here countless times over.

Great explanation about what Judaism is all about, btw, but don't expect RR to grasp what you explained very well.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570894 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you just call yourself "Mr"??
Ha, ha, you stereotypical fool.

As I told you yesterday, you have turned yourself into the stereotype you are due to all of your stereotyping.
Huh

Dallas, TX

#570895 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
If there was such a law, you the google liver would've posted it by now....
Now, again, this is not honesty. While not a specific law, but as established by our courts, stare decisis declares such displays as against The Constitution of the United States of America, which are the very liberal, secular laws upon which this fine nation was founded.

I realize Republicans embrace the concept of the unitary executive, as long as it is their executive, but, we still have three branches of government. A court decision sets case law, which is as good, if not even more compelling, than specific statute. Civics 101.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570896 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah- I can be. I don't belong to any Deist church or temple nor do I belong to any Jewish temple.
One CAN be both. My religious beliefs coincide with that of Deism; my cultural heritage coincides with that of Judaism.
Until you can understand and/or accept that being a Jew is NOT only about religious beliefs, I can't help you.
Deist church?!

A "Deistic" church suggests a Deistic dogma. Something abhorrent to most Deists.

You're a Jeweist.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570897 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
So if a religious display isn't on PUBLIC display that means one can't still have religion or a BELIEF in a god?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570898 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Really- irrelevant to the discussion, huh?
"Displays of religious symbols, texts or artwork on school property are impermissible unless a display is integrated into an appropriate secular curriculum."
Ummm.....sorry....totally PERTAINS to the discussion.
Oh- and do note where it states: "SECULAR" curriculum.
You don't see it do you?

Really?

A "secular curriculum" on religion.......

lol

That can't happen.

Jeweists are funny

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570899 Dec 7, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
A COLLINS??? river came out of the closet! just kidding, bud:)
Whiskey sours, too :)

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570900 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....because it doesn't belong on PUBLIC property, that's why!
What is WRONG with you?????
Nothing.

What's wrong? You can't find the law, huh?
Huh

Dallas, TX

#570901 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that is silly, but, a Christmas tree is expressly forbidden by the Bible and has its roots in paganism. As it states in Jeremiah, if the tree becomes more important than the god... So, go figure.

That a Christian would need a symbol of idol worship to celebrate their faith on a day that has been shown to not even be the birthday of an alleged Jesus is sadly laughable.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min Pad 555,195
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 9 min AussieBobby 263,715
Moses never existed 35 min truth 568
Why Topix is dying 51 min yon 8
Lido Theater, Dallas (Mar '12) 53 min deedee 290
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 53 min NATIVE INDIAN 5,454
bless the jews (Nov '08) 1 hr God bless all jew 7,014
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Dr Wu 603,720
Hot gays in Abu Dhabi (Nov '13) 6 hr BottomNow 1,191
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Feb '14) 11 hr Dubai Massage 055... 141

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE