“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#571030 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
oh really? so then if someone greets you with, "Jesus loves you"
are you going to return that same greeting back?
we know the answer to that.
"Quetzalcoatl loves you."

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#571031 Dec 7, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, you're right, but these days people just use the word caucasian to mean white western people.
tho i am of lighter/olive skin, i shall be addressed henceforth as euro-mideastern-american-princ e, thank you very much!:)

"white" is unacceptable and racist; just as would be calling you "black-but-not-quite-wess ley-snipes-black-with-usually- very-white-teeth-and-smelling- of-curry"

Since: Apr 09

Elmont, Long Island NY

#571032 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"NO ONE is trying to "remove" religion or a BELIEF in a god."
Tell that to these old folks:
http://www.dailynews.com/news/ci_22133907/sen...
first as a former fireman, I can see the fire danger, they have a real tree with no water. With more than 3 weeks till Christmas, and that fact that the tree will dry up, it is a severe fire hazard. Now couple that with the fact that its a retirement home and that's plenty of reason for getting rid of the tree.

A Menorah is a candle holder, again another fire danger.

but besides that, the retirement home is PRIVATE PROPERTY. Don't you believe that private property owners have a right to decide what can and can not be on their property?

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571033 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, in answer to your dopey question, as Congress represents the PUBLIC and as PUBLIC schools are PUBLIC, yes- that would mean that our GOVERNMENT at least would SUPPORT the teacher hanging a cross over her public classroom door and in turn would be ENDORSING a religion- something Congress does not do and cannot do.
It goes again the US constitution.
But at the same time it countermands the teachers freedom of religion...

The teacher's personal civil rights come before the school's.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571034 Dec 7, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yh, you're right, but these days people just use the word caucasian to mean white western people.
Only due to ignorance.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571035 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No.....you said that other than taxpayers, public schools get money from grants.
I then asked you who supplies the grants. You said the state and federal governments.
Who funds the state and federal governments to make it possible for them to give grants?
What's tricky about that, RR?
It was a joke, you prude.

Of course I know where grant money comes from.

I knew where you were leading that question.

To OCB crying "BUT, BUT, BUT the taxpayers pay the grants with their TAXES, you MORON!"

However, you've forgotten that the grant money goes to repairs, remodels, additions, new books, computers, etc.

The teacher's salaries are paid from local property tax.

So I didn't wanna bother answering your question...

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571036 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, in answer to your dopey question, as Congress represents the PUBLIC and as PUBLIC schools are PUBLIC, yes- that would mean that our GOVERNMENT at least would SUPPORT the teacher hanging a cross over her public classroom door and in turn would be ENDORSING a religion- something Congress does not do and cannot do.
It goes again the US constitution and is therefore, against the LAW.
But forcing the teachers to take down any religious decorations is also a violation if the constitution and is therefore, against the law.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#571037 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text> Yep- Hitler sure did understand it.... and LOL!! No- unfortunately, I quit aspiring to the JAPhood at about 18 years old- just wasn't gonna happen.
But not really unfortunate as I much prefer being what I am- very down to earth and very low maintenance.
;-)
that reminds me of a somewhat ethnic NY joke....

What's a famous JAP wine?

ans: I wanna go to Miami Beach........

No offense meant

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571038 Dec 7, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
REPORTED
.. that's my final *HA*HA*HA right under the CATCHER white sheet ..
HL white sheeted me?

a single tear rolls down my cheek

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571039 Dec 7, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
first as a former fireman, I can see the fire danger, they have a real tree with no water. With more than 3 weeks till Christmas, and that fact that the tree will dry up, it is a severe fire hazard. Now couple that with the fact that its a retirement home and that's plenty of reason for getting rid of the tree.
A Menorah is a candle holder, again another fire danger.
but besides that, the retirement home is PRIVATE PROPERTY. Don't you believe that private property owners have a right to decide what can and can not be on their property?
Of course. The owners put it up as they've done every Christmas. Only this time they have a new tenant, an athesit. He complained and got his way. I have no idea how, but he did. He coerced the owners with fear of a lawsuit & the dumb asses feared him.

But they're getting another tree, thanks to KFI AM640, John & Ken.

Elmont, Long Island NY

#571040 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
and what about the rights of the teacher's students and their parents?? a teacher displaying his/her religious symbols/dogma in a public school classroom violates the religious freedom rights of the students and their parents.

the teacher has the right to worship any god and practice any religion on their OWN TIME, IN THEIR OWN HOME OR IN THEIR HOUSE OF WORSHIP. what they do not have the right to do is preach, or push their religion on others while being paid with public funds...

are you that dense you can't understand that concept?

Elmont, Long Island NY

#571041 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Of course. The owners put it up as they've done every Christmas. Only this time they have a new tenant, an athesit. He complained and got his way. I have no idea how, but he did. He coerced the owners with fear of a lawsuit & the dumb asses feared him.
But they're getting another tree, thanks to KFI AM640, John & Ken.
so what you are saying is that private property owners don't have a right to decide what can be displayed on their property?
what's next, private property owners can't decide what to use their property for?

you sound like a commie, where the state decides how property is to be used.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571042 Dec 7, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
and what about the rights of the teacher's students and their parents?? a teacher displaying his/her religious symbols/dogma in a public school classroom violates the religious freedom rights of the students and their parents.
the teacher has the right to worship any god and practice any religion on their OWN TIME, IN THEIR OWN HOME OR IN THEIR HOUSE OF WORSHIP. what they do not have the right to do is preach, or push their religion on others while being paid with public funds...
are you that dense you can't understand that concept?
Why do you assume that religious people have to hide their religion?

I our homes & churches. Nowhere else.

Screw you! As an American I can praise God ANYWHERE I WANT!

And you can't do a damn thing about it!

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#571043 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For the OCB record, I'm not talking about TEACHING religion in public schools, I'm talking about teachers having the RIGHT to have religious decorations if they choose.
The teacher, being an employee of the govt., and by way of extension, represents the govt., is establishing a religion by displaying a religious preference in that setting.

The classroom doesn't belong to the teacher, the school does not belong to the staff.

A public school is a commonly held and shared interest of the public, funded by the public, and the public has no single religion that is universal in scope.

Within the context of the public and what that encompasses, per - the Constitution - a teacher putting in place his or her personal religious beliefs, by using specific religious icons or decorations, literature, or making those personal beliefs a focal point of a class filled by 'the public", violates the no establishment precept and intent, and that is unconstitutional.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571044 Dec 7, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
so what you are saying is that private property owners don't have a right to decide what can be displayed on their property?
what's next, private property owners can't decide what to use their property for?
you sound like a commie, where the state decides how property is to be used.
What?! No that's not what I'm saying at all!

I said the atheist whined about the Christmas tree and somehow got his way.

Private property owners can do whatever they want on their property, lawfully of course.

That senior home owner had every right to keep the tree up. That's the atheist bullshit if the story! They felt threatened into taking it down.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's Teapot

#571045 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No it doesn't. The teacher has not lost the right to practice his or her religion. There is nothing within Christianity that says or demands that a cross or any component of Christianity be displayed in a public school classroom in the United States.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
The school belongs to the public, the teachers civil rights are upheld and protected within the protection offered to the public.

Within that, the rights of the public, being comprised of each citizen of the U.S. is assured and guaranteed that each person can have any religious belief they choose, or not choose.

If the teacher wants to display a cross over the doorway, they can and should do it at home, on their personal property etc... Not in a public school.

When a teacher does display his or her religious preference, AS A PART of the school(cross or another religious icon installed over a doorway, for instance), then they have violated my rights to expect that my child will not be placed in a religious influenced environment, that I did not agree to.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#571046 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it doesn't. And no they don't. Teachers know what the rules are before they accept a teaching position. If they are intent on displaying religious items in their classrooms or on their desks, they can do so at a PAROCHIAL school- not a PUBLIC school funded by PUBLIC taxpayer dollars.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#571047 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It was a joke, you prude.
Of course I know where grant money comes from.
I knew where you were leading that question.
To OCB crying "BUT, BUT, BUT the taxpayers pay the grants with their TAXES, you MORON!"
However, you've forgotten that the grant money goes to repairs, remodels, additions, new books, computers, etc.
The teacher's salaries are paid from local property tax.
So I didn't wanna bother answering your question...
See- here's the thing. Your jokes are never funny, RR- NEVER. Your sense of humor is incredibly pedestrian and sophomoric; I prefer senses of humor that are wittier, more clever and droller.

I KNOW what the grants go for, BTW.

“Are you a Problem or Solution?”

Since: Mar 09

Ann Arbor, MI

#571048 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Here we are again.
"For a teacher to hang a cross over a classroom door is against the law "
WHAT LAW?!?!?!?!?
Why would a teacher hang a cross above their door at school? You are talking about teachers that are teaching students 18 years or younger that are enrolled in the public school system?
The first amendment.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#571049 Dec 7, 2012
Karma is a_______ wrote:
<quoted text>
that reminds me of a somewhat ethnic NY joke....
What's a famous JAP wine?
ans: I wanna go to Miami Beach........
No offense meant
No offense taken, other than that this joke is so old that the last time I heard it I fell off my pet dinosaur!

:-)

I know quite a few JAP jokes myself, but most are off-color so I won't post them here.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min Ink 579,210
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 6 min trifecta1 609,883
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 8 min Classic 2,197
Caucasians are Neanderthal-Sapien hybrids. (Oct '07) 8 min Johnny 151
Why I am still a Christian. 48 min the lazy athiest 4
skype sex id luv to try it (Aug '13) 58 min joacon6 145
News Who is an atheist? (May '10) 1 hr Freebird USA 9,248
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr His Hollines dr S... 39,967
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 2 hr Porkpie Hat 270,167
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 2 hr bacon hater 97,998
More from around the web