Prove there's a god.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571235 Dec 8, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The description of reality has to be factual, otherwise it is not a description of something real. The sun isn't an apple in reality, don't know why you even said that.'Scientific beliefs' is a non-existent phrase that you just made up. Beliefs can't be scientific. I know what experiences are involved in the formation of religious faith, and yet i'm atheist. Religion has been explained psychologically. Plus the fact that, the more people understand, the more atheist they become. This proves that any deities to be made up. Technically the more answers people get, the more knowledge they get, they start to understand that the concept of a deity is nothing but foolishness. Even in eras where there were no atheists, people of science, even then, started doubting religion. For example: Louis Pasteur was religious, yet he somehow distrusted, he was also against the mixing of religion and science.
um....

"Beliefs can't be scientific."

then...

"This proves that any deities to be made up."

lol, proven by whom or what?

Dude, make up your mind.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#571236 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain after reading about how the United States was founded and about the individuals who founded it, HOW THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION.
Look at this web page:
http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers...
You are a f*&king hypocrite. The freedoms that you have today, to speak freely, to pursue scientific studies without fear of persecution etc WERE MADE POSSIBLE BY RELIGIOUS MEN.
SO HOW CAN THE VERY THING WHICH EMPOWERED YOU TO BE SO "PROGRESSIVE" (i.e. the will and philosophies of religious men), BE NEGATIVE TO YOUR PROGRESS AS A NATION, EVEN A NATION OF THINKERS AND SCIENTISTS?
I say again, YOU ARE A F*&KING HYPOCRITE!
Ah, the religion has really improved you.

Very simple. The Constitution of the United States of America. The most liberal, secular document ever composed as a code of laws for any nation. The individual religious belief of any of the Founders is immaterial and anecdotal. What is important is the laws they ratified to found the nation. We the people. No lords, no gods, no masters. Unprecedented in its time, and unassailably secular.

The Constitution was based on principles of The Enlightenment, not Christianity. Jefferson was labelled a "howling atheist" by Adams during a campaign, There were attempts to insert religion into the Constitution. They all failed. The Founders saw what state-sponsored religion did to a populace. No one wants to be told who, what, or how to worship. With over 38,000 sects and schisms of Christianity today, a sudden theocracy in this country with more guns than people would be an incredible bloodbath. After all, the No True Scotsman fallacy is the cornerstone of Christianity. Christianity thrives in this country because of the First Amendment. Those countries with state-sponsored Christianity now have populates that are mostly atheist.

I'll leave you with the most compelling evidence that your theology is distorting your reality. Ratified unanimously by the Senate, yes, unanimously, unanimously, and signed into law by President Adams (yes, he that proclaimed Jefferson a Howling Atheist) in 1797 is the Treaty of Tripoli. Remember, UNANIMOUSLY:

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Muslim] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,

UNANIMOUSLY!
Huh

Arlington, TX

#571237 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That repsonse was not in regards to First Amendment rights.
Context, sucka, context!
Try again?
That's all you have, a contextual dodge? Weird. Thanks for the concession speech.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#571239 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"MY" Texas boys....?
I love that last part, "many times" blah, blah, blah... What about THIS time, Mr ATF?
I provided the evidence that they were attendees of that Christian church, ergo Christians. Book ownership proves nothing. Church attendance does, so, yes, "this time" as in many others, it was Christians burning churches.

Yes, your boys as in you provided the link and your boys as in fellow Christians. Another concession speech so soon? You are like the Mitt Romney of Topix, albeit less successful and not as bright.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#571240 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um....
"Beliefs can't be scientific."
then...
"This proves that any deities to be made up."
lol, proven by whom or what?
Dude, make up your mind.
Your pocket god is imagined by you, created in your own image. Very simple.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#571241 Dec 8, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
Explain after reading about how the United States was founded and about the individuals who founded it, HOW THE UNITED STATES IS NOT A CHRISTIAN NATION.
Look at this web page:
http://www.adherents.com/gov/Founding_Fathers...
You are a f*&king hypocrite. The freedoms that you have today, to speak freely, to pursue scientific studies without fear of persecution etc WERE MADE POSSIBLE BY RELIGIOUS MEN.
SO HOW CAN THE VERY THING WHICH EMPOWERED YOU TO BE SO "PROGRESSIVE" (i.e. the will and philosophies of religious men), BE NEGATIVE TO YOUR PROGRESS AS A NATION, EVEN A NATION OF THINKERS AND SCIENTISTS?
I say again, YOU ARE A F*&KING HYPOCRITE!
Those laws and freedoms might have been made possible by religious men, or some religious men, because the men of the time, in most cases, were from religious backgrounds and a lot of people were actively religious. However the laws they made were based on what they as human beings based on their experience of their time, and what they knew of how things had worked well or not, from their previous experiences, or what they had heard from others who came before them, and they put together things that they could all agree on to write into their various "books of law" or whatever is the term to describe those things.

Certainly everyone is going to think based on how one views things, because we are human, and if they were devout Christians, which it appears some might have been and some were not at all, then they would naturally take their personal view of what is right and wrong into what they voted for when they were enacting those laws.

They however were still not based on God or the Bible, but based on what adult men decided amongst themselves, using what would be in today's terms extremely poor and very naive knowledge, but what they knew about at the time.

They also would be bound by what laws that people had used in the past, and so they would have to look at each of those and make decisions as to whether or not, they as ordinary human beings thought they were good or bad laws.

Obviously because some of the things that were legal in 1776, or whatever the actual year of the signing of the various parts of their laws, later became illegal, such as slavery, their decisions at that time would have been anything but 100% perfect.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571242 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Ah, the religion has really improved you.
Very simple. The Constitution of the United States of America. The most liberal, secular document ever composed as a code of laws for any nation. The individual religious belief of any of the Founders is immaterial and anecdotal. What is important is the laws they ratified to found the nation. We the people. No lords, no gods, no masters. Unprecedented in its time, and unassailably secular.
The Constitution was based on principles of The Enlightenment, not Christianity. Jefferson was labelled a "howling atheist" by Adams during a campaign, There were attempts to insert religion into the Constitution. They all failed. The Founders saw what state-sponsored religion did to a populace. No one wants to be told who, what, or how to worship. With over 38,000 sects and schisms of Christianity today, a sudden theocracy in this country with more guns than people would be an incredible bloodbath. After all, the No True Scotsman fallacy is the cornerstone of Christianity. Christianity thrives in this country because of the First Amendment. Those countries with state-sponsored Christianity now have populates that are mostly atheist.
I'll leave you with the most compelling evidence that your theology is distorting your reality. Ratified unanimously by the Senate, yes, unanimously, unanimously, and signed into law by President Adams (yes, he that proclaimed Jefferson a Howling Atheist) in 1797 is the Treaty of Tripoli. Remember, UNANIMOUSLY:
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,—as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquility, of Mussulmen [Muslims],—and as the said States never entered into any war or act of hostility against any Mahometan [Muslim] nation, it is declared by the parties that no pretext arising from religious opinions shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,
As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion,
UNANIMOUSLY!
Again with the Tripoli thing?

That was a negatiation & ass kissing tactic to not go to war with Muslim pirates.

It was intended to let them know that America will not have a Holy War - a war casued by and for a religion.

Nothing more.

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#571243 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
To exercise religion, one needs to do than simply dislpay a religous decoration. By doing that, all one is doing is observing their religion, which is an American Human Right, in public or private.
For a teacher in a public school, it isn't their right to display their personal religious icons.

A cross falls into that category. It is specific to a particular religion. A cross does not represent all religions. The students in a school may be from many different religions.

It is not that teachers right to place a cross in a classroom. That goes for any religious display, not just Christian displays.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571244 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>I provided the evidence that they were attendees of that Christian church, ergo Christians. Book ownership proves nothing. Church attendance does, so, yes, "this time" as in many others, it was Christians burning churches.
Yes, your boys as in you provided the link and your boys as in fellow Christians. Another concession speech so soon? You are like the Mitt Romney of Topix, albeit less successful and not as bright.
"Book ownership proves nothing. Church attendance does"

LMMFAO!

So if an atheist dare enters a church, he's automatically religious?!?!

Moron.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571245 Dec 8, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>That's all you have, a contextual dodge? Weird. Thanks for the concession speech.
That's really all that was needed.

I was talking about First Amendment rights & for some reason, you brought up your opinion that it's religious people that do the church burning.

I responded with TWO different scenarios of atheists loving church burnings, including a moronic music video showing how much they love it.

Then you ignorantyl fire back, defend the atheists by asking about their First Amendment rights.

Moron.

RiversideRedneck

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#571246 Dec 8, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
For a teacher in a public school, it isn't their right to display their personal religious icons.
A cross falls into that category. It is specific to a particular religion. A cross does not represent all religions. The students in a school may be from many different religions.
It is not that teachers right to place a cross in a classroom. That goes for any religious display, not just Christian displays.
Why do you think that?
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#571248 Dec 8, 2012
Alexander of Earth wrote:
<quoted text>
The description of reality has to be factual, otherwise it is not a description of something real. The sun isn't an apple in reality, don't know why you even said that.'Scientific beliefs' is a non-existent phrase that you just made up. Beliefs can't be scientific. I know what experiences are involved in the formation of religious faith, and yet i'm atheist. Religion has been explained psychologically. Plus the fact that, the more people understand, the more atheist they become. This proves that any deities to be made up. Technically the more answers people get, the more knowledge they get, they start to understand that the concept of a deity is nothing but foolishness. Even in eras where there were no atheists, people of science, even then, started doubting religion. For example: Louis Pasteur was religious, yet he somehow distrusted, he was also against the mixing of religion and science.
By the definition of the term "fact", the expression "the sun is a red apple", is a fact.

"A fact (derived from the Latin factum, see below) is something that has really occurred or is actually the case. The usual test for a statement of fact is verifiability, that is whether it can be proven to correspond to EXPERIENCE."
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Fact]

What is real?

What is reality?

"In philosophy, reality is the state of things as they actually exist, rather than as they may appear or might be imagined.[1] In a wider definition, reality includes everything that is and has been, WHETHER OR NOT IT IS OBSERVABLE OR COMPREHENSIBLE. A still more broad definition includes everything that HAS EXISTED, EXISTS, or WILL EXIST."
[http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ Reality]

That definition of reality directly implies that YOUR INABILITY to observe or comprehend God or His Existence gives you no authority to assert that God is not real/existent.

Now that definition of reality has a lot in common with the Mosaic conception of God Himself: for the God of Moses (YHVH) Identifies Himself as "I am, I was and I will be".

Compare:
"HAS EXISTED, EXISTS, or WILL EXIST" with "I WAS, I AM, AND I WILL BE".

Interesting isnt it?

Saying "religion has been explained psychologically" reflects a poor understanding of religion; religion is inclusive of but not limited to the psychological.

If psychology can explain ALL aspects of religion, then psychology can explain all aspects of evolution theory. You are ridiculous!

Saying "the more people understand, the more atheist they become" is a fallacious expression. It is a hasty generalization and a baseless claim: the will of a person to change his/her belief system does not suggest that what they once believed were false or made up.

Hence "This proves that any deities to be made up" is a false and foolish conclusion. Does the fact that I no longer believe that "Alexander of Earth" exists mean he never existed?

You are being absurd!
Huh

Arlington, TX

#571249 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really all that was needed.
I was talking about First Amendment rights & for some reason, you brought up your opinion that it's religious people that do the church burning.
I responded with TWO different scenarios of atheists loving church burnings, including a moronic music video showing how much they love it.
Then you ignorantyl fire back, defend the atheists by asking about their First Amendment rights.
Moron.
It was another poster that pointed out that in America it was Christians who usually burn churches. You responded to that with your two failed anecdotes. Yet, one was a music video (protected by the First Amendment), not an actual church burning and the other was actually committed by the attendees of the church. A music vidoe does not prove that atheists love church burnings and two adherents burning their own church prove that it is Christians that do it. Are you daft or dishonest?

"Ignorantny". Haha. Precious irony.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#571250 Dec 8, 2012
ROCCO wrote:
otz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
theres kids in africa killed by christians every day
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri ...
<quoted text>
And if you had a caring, sympathetic feeling bone in your bigoted-ass body, you would take your focus off Botz' hideous avatars and pay attention instead to the brutality being wreaked by **your** kinsmen Christians upon the poor children presented in the huffingtonpost link he provided you.
You are truly an evil, wicked, self-righteous and self-serving ignorant, stupid sow, Patricia.
Your actions earn you nothing but enmity from those who stand witness to your vile energy. God has allowed your sin to go on for far too long already.
that link was BOGAS. all it was a pic of the president frowning.

you think sitting here and defending HORRID distorted pictures of children makes you a well rounded person?
you call me evil and here you are DEFENDING such trash.

go away. if you notice i answer VERY FEW of your posts anymore
they are all nothing more than a childish fit of insults.
BORING.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571251 Dec 8, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>This is another tactic of RR's when he is proven wrong- to try and nitpick over absolutely nothing.
He also seems to think there is a point in time where there is some sort of "cut off" for "old" history in favor of "new" history.
RR's personal agenda leads to RR's personal rules which he tries to impose on everyone along with his personal agenda.
If it takes re-writing history or dismissing history, RR will try to do whatever it takes.
Good scenario for the resurrection story.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#571252 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"Book ownership proves nothing. Church attendance does"
LMMFAO!
So if an atheist dare enters a church, he's automatically religious?!?!
Moron.
If a person picks up "The God Delusion", they are automatically an atheist? If a person reads "Mein Kampf"' they are a Nazi? If a person owns "Born on the 4th of July", they are in a wheelchair? Book ownership means nothing. Church attendance is of quite the import.

I answered the question for you. You are both daft and dishonest.

“This planet is”

Since: Jun 12

wonderfull

#571253 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
um....
"Beliefs can't be scientific."
then...
"This proves that any deities to be made up."
lol, proven by whom or what?
Dude, make up your mind.
Any religious deity(for example: the biblical god) has been disproven by every scientist experiment and lastly, reality.
While the 'universal god' is simply a matter of the human complex imagination and belief sysytems.
Like the famous scientist E.O. Wilson said:

"I drifted away from the church, not definitively agnostic or atheistic, just Baptist & Christian no more." Wilson argues that the belief in God and rituals of religion are products of evolution. He argues that they should not be rejected or dismissed, but further investigated by science to better understand their significance to human nature.

You satisfied now?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#571254 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Hanging up a cross in a classroom isn't exercising religion....
It is the act of exorcising all others except yours.
Huh

Arlington, TX

#571255 Dec 8, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again with the Tripoli thing?
That was a negatiation & ass kissing tactic to not go to war with Muslim pirates.
It was intended to let them know that America will not have a Holy War - a war casued by and for a religion.
Nothing more.
Bullshirt. A law, unanimously ratified and signed into law. Period. The United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian religion. In a law. Your deflection proves even further you are daft and dishonest.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#571256 Dec 8, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it doesn't. If anyone makes a valid point, she ignores it, calls the poster stupid or demonic, quotes a bible verse, posts something irrelevant or types a sermon. It's her M.O., doesn't need to make sense. Basically, RR does the same thing although his style is a bit difference ..
you people will defend ANYthing that suits your demonic cause won't you?

i suppose you are so DESENSITIZED that seeing a picture of a distroted and damaged face of a child doesn't bother you in the least.

I believe the more bazar and troubled you can go, the bigger kick you get out of it.
the picture is DEMENTED.
if you like it, well what i can i say?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Sojurner D Truth 26,165
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 2 min hojo 685,742
David Duke: "We're going to take our country ba... 58 min Doctor REALITY 58
to Maria Chapelle-Nadal: it's time to ROLL, sista' 2 hr Doctor REALITY 1
I hate Haiti (Jan '10) 3 hr Anne Nonymiss 109
"BIGGEST SCAM in WORLD HISTORY...." 3 hr YTube 1st 1
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 4 hr Here For Now 619,748
More from around the web