Prove there's a god.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#570994 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yep- I do more in an HOUR than you do in a DAY.
For instance, it took me about 1 minute to prove you WRONG in this post of yours to which I am responding:
From post #570972:
"The following examples show what that tightrope looks like on a day-to-day basis.
OK: Teaching about the Bible, the Torah, or other sacred texts and their influence on human behavior. No one denies that religion has strongly motivated behavior in the United States and around the world. Acknowledging that fact in the curriculum does not raise First Amendment concerns.
Wrong: Teaching sacred documents with devotion or as singular truth. It crosses the line when a teacher or school district portrays one religion or religion in general as the preferred belief."
If I had a nickel for every time I've proved you wrong, I could have quit my job by now.
Knucklehead, that's NOT A LAW....

That's a person's opinion.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570995 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>YES. THEY. CAN. And YES. THEY. DO.
NO LAW RESPECTING AN ESTABLISHMENT OF RELIGION.
That means that in PUBLIC SCHOOLS, NO establishment of religion.
You are DENSE.
You can exercise religion in your HOME.
You can exercise religion in a CHURCH, TEMPLE or other houses of worship.
You can exercise religion on the STREET CORNER.
You can NOT exercise religion in PUBLIC SCHOOLS.
Are you really TOO dense to get this and see WHY it is important that our PUBLIC schools do not teach any sort of religious indoctrination??
Simple question.

If a teacher has a cross hung over the classroom door, does that equal Congress establishing a national religion?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#570996 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Those are opinions. Here, I'll show you a flaw in whoever wrote that site:
"The Constitution uses 16 words—known as the “religion clauses”—to create rules about how faith and government interact. One clause gives citizens the right to freely exercise religious convictions; the other prohibits government (including taxpayer-funded public schools) from establishing religion, meaning granting favorable treatment."
You see the "the other prohibits government from establishing religion" part? You see how they use intellectual dishonesty?
No?
Shocker!
It actually says "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion...."
That means there can't be an establishment of a national religion by Congress.
It doesn't mean schools...
Yes- it DOES mean PUBLIC schools as is evidenced by the FACT that while religion can be TAUGHT in public schools- as part of a secular curriculum- religion cannot be EXERCISED in PUBLIC schools as that would invalidate what PUBLIC schools are- SECULAR learning institutions.

Look- you've worn my patience very thin due to how incredibly obtuse you are.

Learn the difference between teaching religion and exercising religion and learn the difference between teaching ABOUT religion and teaching religion.

I can't help you with this any longer. Nor should I have to- the FACT of the matter is that religion is not EXERCISED in public schools as a part of school curriculum.

"What distinguishes "teaching religion" from "teaching about religion"?

Religion may be presented as part of a secular educational program. Programs that "teach about religion" are geared toward teaching students about the role of religion in the historical, cultural, literary and social development of the United States and other nations. These programs should instill understanding, tolerance and respect for a pluralistic society. When discussing religion in this context, religion must be discussed in a neutral, objective, balanced and factual manner. Such programs should educate students about the principle of religious liberty as one of the fundamental elements of freedom and democracy in the United States.

"Teaching religion" amounts to religious indoctrination and practice and is clearly prohibited in public schools. A public school curriculum may not be devotional or doctrinal. Nor may it have the effect of promoting or inhibiting religion. A teacher must not promote or denigrate any particular religion, religion in general, or lack of religious belief. A teacher must not interject personal views or advocate those of certain students. Teachers must be extremely sensitive to respect, and not interfere with, a student's religious beliefs and practices. Students must not be encouraged to accept or conform to specific religious beliefs or practices.

******A program intended to teach religion, disguised as teaching about religion, will be found unconstitutional. 26********

In sum, there is a critical difference between teaching religion and teaching about religion.

While it is constitutionally permissible for public schools to teach about religion,*****it is unconstitutional for public schools and their employees to observe religious holidays, promote religious belief, or practice religion.******

School officials and parents must be extremely careful not to cross the line between "the laudable educational goal of promoting a student's knowledge of and appreciation for this nation's cultural and religious diversity, and the impermissible endorsement of religion forbidden by the Establishment Clause." 27

http://www.adl.org/religion_ps_2004/religion....

And you can scoff and sneer at my source all you like; if you don't like my source, instead of criticizing it, do your own god damn research!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570997 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Knucklehead, that's NOT A LAW....
That's a person's opinion.
I'm DONE with this, RR. It IS law.

End of discussion.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570998 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple question.
If a teacher has a cross hung over the classroom door, does that equal Congress establishing a national religion?
Too hypothetical a situation, for if a teacher hung a cross over a public classroom door, they would be told to take it down and would probably be fired if they refused to do so.

For a teacher to hang a cross over a classroom door is against the law and is discriminatory toward any students who might not believe in the cross or what it represents.

A teacher hanging a cross over a door would be showing favoritism toward a specific religion and a specific religious belief.

The same would be the outcome if a teacher hung a Star of David in a PUBLIC classroom.

So don't bother me with what such an action would be regarding Congress; you are taking the entire "separation of church and state" in the wrong sense and you are trying to attribute meanings to it that do not exist.

Again- sorry for your luck, CHUCKLES.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570999 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
State & federal funding.
And who funds the states and the feds, RR?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#571001 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple question.
Try to pay attention- this excerpt from a prior post of mine to you is KEY:

"......and the impermissible endorsement of religion forbidden by the Establishment Clause." 27

Get it? Got it? Good!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#571002 Dec 7, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. my standard bulletin ..
United In Faith (AKA: Pattiecake58 & Yellodog) has an Axis II Personality Disorder underscored by proven pathological lying, religious addiction and attention seeking behavior.
Debating with her is useless. She will ignore any evidence or links you present and make insinuations regarding your character, morals and beliefs. If you are not a born-again Christian, you are her adversary.
She considers herself God's anointed Topix preacher.
All too true, but how does that explain her referring to a picture as "horrid" which was not at all horrid and when what was horrid was the story accompanying the pic?
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

#571003 Dec 7, 2012
otz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
theres kids in africa killed by christians every day
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri ...
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
if you had any respect or care about children at all you wouldn't be using such a horrid picture as you are using.
And if you had a caring, sympathetic feeling bone in your bigoted-ass body, you would take your focus off Botz' hideous avatars and pay attention instead to the brutality being wreaked by **your** kinsmen Christians upon the poor children presented in the huffingtonpost link he provided you.

You are truly an evil, wicked, self-righteous and self-serving ignorant, stupid sow, Patricia.

Your actions earn you nothing but enmity from those who stand witness to your vile energy. God has allowed your sin to go on for far too long already.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#571004 Dec 7, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
No, it is Christians burning and killing non Christians because they think they are witches, evil etc.., and find justification for doing that, in the bible.
Just like its been done in the past.
<quoted text>
I don't think any religious belief should be persecuted. None of them.
There are 196 countries in the world.
Supply a link to where "most countries" that have banned Christianity is located.
"Supply a link to where "most countries" that have banned Christianity is located"

NO - if you're truly objective, you should find it & post it along side your rant about one pagan tribe persecuted another in the un-civilized congo

“MEET KIKI -She Seeks Home”

Since: Oct 10

With Established Harem

#571005 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>All too true, but how does that explain her referring to a picture as "horrid" which was not at all horrid and when what was horrid was the story accompanying the pic?
.. it doesn't. If anyone makes a valid point, she ignores it, calls the poster stupid or demonic, quotes a bible verse, posts something irrelevant or types a sermon. It's her M.O., doesn't need to make sense. Basically, RR does the same thing although his style is a bit difference ..

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#571006 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes- it DOES mean PUBLIC schools as is evidenced by the FACT that while religion can be TAUGHT in public schools- as part of a secular curriculum- religion cannot be EXERCISED in PUBLIC schools as that would invalidate what PUBLIC schools are- SECULAR learning institutions.
Learn the difference between teaching religion and exercising religion and learn the difference between teaching ABOUT religion and teaching religion.
I can't help you with this any longer. Nor should I have to- the FACT of the matter is that religion is not EXERCISED in public schools as a part of school curriculum.
Religion may be presented as part of a secular educational program. Programs that "teach about religion" are geared toward teaching students about the role of religion in the historical, cultural, literary and social development of the United States and other nations. These programs should instill understanding, tolerance and respect for a pluralistic society. When discussing religion in this context, religion must be discussed in a neutral, objective, balanced and factual manner. Such programs should educate students about the principle of religious liberty as one of the fundamental elements of freedom and democracy in the United States.
"Teaching religion" amounts to religious indoctrination and practice and is clearly prohibited in public schools. A public school curriculum may not be devotional or doctrinal. Nor may it have the effect of promoting or inhibiting religion. A teacher must not promote or denigrate any particular religion, religion in general, or lack of religious belief. A teacher must not interject personal views or advocate those of certain students. Teachers must be extremely sensitive to respect, and not interfere with, a student's religious beliefs and practices. Students must not be encouraged to accept or conform to specific religious beliefs or practices.
******A program intended to teach religion, disguised as teaching about religion, will be found unconstitutional. 26********
In sum, there is a critical difference between teaching religion and teaching about religion.
While it is constitutionally permissible for public schools to teach about religion,*****it is unconstitutional for public schools and their employees to observe religious holidays, promote religious belief, or practice religion.******
School officials and parents must be extremely careful not to cross the line between "the laudable educational goal of promoting a student's knowledge of and appreciation for this nation's cultural and religious diversity, and the impermissible endorsement of religion forbidden by the Establishment Clause." 27
And you can scoff and sneer at my source all you like; if you don't like my source, instead of criticizing it, do your own god damn research!
This should clear up any question...

http://www.aclupa.org/downloads/Dec20opinion....
ROCCO

La Quinta, CA

#571007 Dec 7, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Why do you not ever open the "proof" people present you with YD?
It is because you can't stand the truth, and refuse to even "behold" it, as it does not fit your indoctrination.
It was fruitless to deal with your arrogant ignorance before you switched handles, and it is still just as worthless to converse with an idiot who will not even consider facts now.
Among other conditions, the culprit at fault here is AMENTIA:: mental retardation; specifically, a condition of lack of development of intellectual capacity.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#571008 Dec 7, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. it doesn't. If anyone makes a valid point, she ignores it, calls the poster stupid or demonic, quotes a bible verse, posts something irrelevant or types a sermon. It's her M.O., doesn't need to make sense. Basically, RR does the same thing although his style is a bit difference ..
Agreed.....they are BOTH wannabe fascists who BOTH have no respect for our secular nation and who instead would like nothing more than for the USA to be a theocracy.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571009 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>As if I would pay for anything for you anyway. I might chip in a buck if that would get YOU to pay attention.....
I'm so broke that I can't even pay attention.

Get it?

uh?

"pay"

ah, nevermind.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571010 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>BTW, try to grasp the difference between TEACHING religion in public schools and EXERCISING religion in public schools.
I imagine that will take you the entire weekend, so get back to me on that on Monday,'k?
For the OCB record, I'm not talking about TEACHING religion in public schools, I'm talking about teachers having the RIGHT to have religious decorations if they choose.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Location hidden

#571011 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Too hypothetical a situation, for if a teacher hung a cross over a public classroom door, they would be told to take it down and would probably be fired if they refused to do so.
For a teacher to hang a cross over a classroom door is against the law and is discriminatory toward any students who might not believe in the cross or what it represents.
A teacher hanging a cross over a door would be showing favoritism toward a specific religion and a specific religious belief.
The same would be the outcome if a teacher hung a Star of David in a PUBLIC classroom.
So don't bother me with what such an action would be regarding Congress; you are taking the entire "separation of church and state" in the wrong sense and you are trying to attribute meanings to it that do not exist.
Not only that, but thise of us who are "vampires" would not be afforded an education due to such an act! LOL!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#571012 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Simple question.
BTW, in answer to your dopey question, as Congress represents the PUBLIC and as PUBLIC schools are PUBLIC, yes- that would mean that our GOVERNMENT at least would SUPPORT the teacher hanging a cross over her public classroom door and in turn would be ENDORSING a religion- something Congress does not do and cannot do.

It goes again the US constitution.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571013 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Yes- it DOES mean PUBLIC schools as is evidenced by the FACT that while religion can be TAUGHT in public schools- as part of a secular curriculum- religion cannot be EXERCISED in PUBLIC schools as that would invalidate what PUBLIC schools are- SECULAR learning institutions.
Again - not talking about teaching religion here.......

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#571015 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Too hypothetical a situation, for if a teacher hung a cross over a public classroom door, they would be told to take it down and would probably be fired if they refused to do so.
Here we are again.

"For a teacher to hang a cross over a classroom door is against the law "

WHAT LAW?!?!?!?!?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 4 min WasteWater 6,416
There Is Nothing Wrong With Abortion! (Jul '07) 5 min Gods_Ass 36,986
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min oxbow 603,769
The Christian Atheist debate 50 min Into The Night 4,142
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 56 min RiccardoFire 8,397
I need an urgent loan in the next hour (Oct '13) 1 hr nelly 16
gay bottom in gurgaon (May '14) 1 hr sisank 587
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 3 hr sangili karuppan 7,700
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 10 hr Freebird USA 177,902
More from around the web