Prove there's a god.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#570941 Dec 7, 2012
scaritual wrote:
<quoted text>
You've created a new and - exclusive to you - senseless religion, why wouldn't you think you could create a senseless word too?
And do keep in mind that RR scoffs and sneers at one's heritage being something that to many is important and appreciated.

He has no use for it because he is not intelligent enough to see the value in one's heritage and he becomes outraged at the mere suggestion to him that his heritage is NOT American but that it most likely originated in Europe.

He thinks that his family having been here for a mere 125 years speaks of his heritage and he misinterprets that to think that means his heritage is American and ONLY American.

Hey! Maybe we should all chip in and get him a subscription to ancestry.com

LOL!!!

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#570942 Dec 7, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
BS---
http://www.historian.net/hxwrite.htm
The hebrews didn't record anything about it's history until about 900-800 BC.
so then where is the written record of any know people prior to 3000BC?
what was the language?
who were the people?
where are the written events of history prior to 3000BC

and i can poo poo your link as well you poo pooed my link you know.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570943 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
99% of a Christian population, if you asked them to repeat the first word that comes to mind, without thinking, when they hear the word 'Christmas', would not say Christ, but rather they would say something along the line of caroling, Santa, Christmas tree, turkey, Bing Crosby. In most homes the Christ in Christmas may be thought about, but only as an after-thought, because people do not go to all the silly fuss and bother, decorating their homes inside and out, etc., for Christ. I guarantee that.
I suspect that a large majority of the Christian population don't even think at all about Christ at Christmas time, except if they happen to be involved with their church in some Christmas event. Christmas is the biggest secular event of the year, and it is much along the same line as some might celebrate Thanksgiving, July 4th (July 1st here) or any other traditional holiday.
that is not true at all boots. Because Christians are Christians because they believe in Christ.

google it.
open a dictionary and read the definition of Christmas.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570944 Dec 7, 2012
Botz r us wrote:
<quoted text>
theres kids in africa killed by christians every day
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/10/18/afri...
if you had any respect or care about children at all you wouldn't be using such a horrid picture as you are using.

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#570945 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Now, again, this is not honesty. While not a specific law, but as established by our courts, stare decisis declares such displays as against The Constitution of the United States of America, which are the very liberal, secular laws upon which this fine nation was founded.
I realize Republicans embrace the concept of the unitary executive, as long as it is their executive, but, we still have three branches of government. A court decision sets case law, which is as good, if not even more compelling, than specific statute. Civics 101.
"not a specific law"

Thank you.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570946 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
There is also something that we humans would called common sense courtesy, UIF. If someone greets you, it is polite to also greet them in some equally polite manner, rather than telling them to kiss your yule-ass, or however you worded it.
If someone honestly says Happy Holidays to you, because they might even be a Christian, but think that possibly you would be offended by a Christian greeting, it means they really want to give you their best wishes. Your response, which you indicated, would be like giving them a slap in the face for being courteous to you.
I seldom if ever accost people in public or elsewhere, but if I heard an interaction between two people where one said with a smile "Happy Holidays" and the other turned with a scowl and said up yours or even, "It is Merry Christmas to me, you so and so" my first thought would be to grab that "Christian" by the coat collar throw them up against the wall, and give them a few of my own thoughts on how one acts in public (which doing what I just said would not be what I would recommend doing in public, but I would sure feel that it would have been appropriate).
What you are suggesting would be the same as if a little old lady was standing in a grocery store manning a Salvation Army donation site, and someone walked past and ignored her or gave her the finger, and she responded by "f*ck" you.
By the way, I do walk by and ignore the SA people most of the time. I object to people putting themselves in my pathway to collect money when clearly I am going there for some other purpose. Granted, having been involved both personally and in work situations with having to ask people for money, I realize that is how these things work, but it is still an invasion of someone else's space. Fortunately the SA people usually don't say or do anything other than stand there, and thank you if you donate. I don't recall them ever stopping me, as girl guides and many other groups do, and ask me to give.
In Barbados, some of the people on the streets who beg for money, which aren't many, similar to any city here, will walk up to you and hold out their hand with some coins in it, so that you will understand that they would like you to place more money there. Because I am a kind and thoughtful person, and also don't like pain, I have never done anything, but I have been tempted to take the coins and say thank you very much for your kindness.
I do object, though I understand, people getting in my face when I already have decided where I want to go and what I want to do.
oh really? so then if someone greets you with, "Jesus loves you"
are you going to return that same greeting back?
we know the answer to that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570947 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>So if a religious display isn't on PUBLIC display that means one can't still have religion or a BELIEF in a god?
That's not the point.

There aren't an laws preventing a public display of religion.

Atheists have no legal right to force down a religious display.

Religious people haven't right to take down atheist displays, such as happy holidays.

It's called freedom of religion.....

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570948 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Well, that is silly, but, a Christmas tree is expressly forbidden by the Bible and has its roots in paganism. As it states in Jeremiah, if the tree becomes more important than the god... So, go figure.
That a Christian would need a symbol of idol worship to celebrate their faith on a day that has been shown to not even be the birthday of an alleged Jesus is sadly laughable.
ugh, another pagan conspiracy theorist.....

The tree isn't a need, it's a want.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570949 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I have contempt for CERTAIN Christians such as these from a link recently posted here:
"African Children Denounced As "Witches" By Christian Pastors
EKET, Nigeria — The nine-year-old boy lay on a bloodstained hospital sheet crawling with ants, staring blindly at the wall.
His family pastor had accused him of being a witch, and his father then tried to force acid down his throat as an exorcism. It spilled as he struggled, burning away his face and eyes. The emaciated boy barely had strength left to whisper the name of the church that had denounced him – Mount Zion Lighthouse.
A month later, he died.
Nwanaokwo Edet was one of an increasing number of children in Africa accused of witchcraft by pastors and then tortured or killed, often by family members.
Pastors were involved in half of 200 cases of "witch children" reviewed by the AP, and 13 churches were named in the case files."
You need to suffer with a LOT of atrocities of your religion in order to claim to be Christian, RR.
Sorry for your luck.
really you are comparing a coutry that subscribes to VOODOO with America?

Since: May 09

Location hidden

#570950 Dec 7, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
<quoted text>
lol! so a tribe of about 12 quasi pagan-christers in the sticks of africa persecute another tribe!
No, it is Christians burning and killing non Christians because they think they are witches, evil etc.., and find justification for doing that, in the bible.

Just like its been done in the past.
waaasssuuup wrote:
how about you read about what's going on around the entire world where MOST countries have banned christianity, incarcerate, torture and kill followers of Christ?!
anti-christ/unclean spirits are so weak & funny!
I don't think any religious belief should be persecuted. None of them.

There are 196 countries in the world.

Supply a link to where "most countries" that have banned Christianity is located.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570951 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Apparently you have never experienced a religious studies course. I get the impression that you are not interested in factual discourse but just simple mockery not based on anything factual. Is that a great way to go through life?
You've got strange inmpressions.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570952 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Do your own damn research, RR.
I'm sick and tired of doing it FOR you.
You're sick & tired of doing nothing?

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570953 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
if you had any respect or care about children at all you wouldn't be using such a horrid picture as you are using.
What is horrid about the picture when you click on the link? What is horrid is the story which accompanies it- the horrors of what those Christian pastors do.

The story is the TRUTH- too bad if the truth hurts- it is what it is and what it is shouldn't be but this IS what some Christians are capable of doing and THAT is what is horrid.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570954 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Court precedent based on the Constitution is law. Sheez.
I know.

But where's the law that bans school teachers from displaying religious decorations?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570955 Dec 7, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think the expression "every creation must have a creator", at least in those words, first came to me the first time I read a post where Patty quoted those words, which she did at least 1000 times.
The expression actually is nonsense. It doesn't give you any information about anything, other than the person saying it might not be too bright, but is good at memorizing cliches, that they don't really understand.
It is also begging the question and circular logic as you use it. It assumes that there is a creation to be created, which is making a horrendous judgement error when no information has ever been available to suggest that such a creation even exists.
Those are little things that people who can't think, or don't have much knowledge, throw into a conversation to try to throw others off the topic, because they can't communicate on an intelligence high enough to be understood by others.
thats true.
she and I have discussed it as well.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570956 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
really you are comparing a coutry that subscribes to VOODOO with America?
Uh....it is CHRISTIAN pastors who denounce those children as witches- CHRISTIAN pastors.

Do you know how to read?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570958 Dec 7, 2012
Huh wrote:
<quoted text>Funny, but the courts tasked with interpreting and upholding the Constitution disagree with you.
Ok.

Where's the law?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#570959 Dec 7, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
so then where is the written record of any know people prior to 3000BC?
what was the language?
who were the people?
where are the written events of history prior to 3000BC
and i can poo poo your link as well you poo pooed my link you know.
Why do you not ever open the "proof" people present you with YD?

It is because you can't stand the truth, and refuse to even "behold" it, as it does not fit your indoctrination.

It was fruitless to deal with your arrogant ignorance before you switched handles, and it is still just as worthless to converse with an idiot who will not even consider facts now.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570960 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You've got strange inmpressions.
Nah- the only thing "strange"- and using the word "strange" in a positive way- is that "Huh" got you all figured out in about 5 minutes.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570961 Dec 7, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sure it can- it can happen when those involved are rational and intelligent.
Sorry that leaves you out in the cold.
It can't happen in public schools. They don't teach religion.

Geez, do try to pay attention.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min RiversideRedneck 100,541
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 6 min Liamm 670,352
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 5 hr Sky Writer 31 184,288
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 8 hr Jehowa Witness 46,179
Treating others with respect 9 hr UnderstandPeople 14
Do any attractive cougars or milfs want to trad... (Dec '11) 11 hr Seejay 4
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 13 hr Peter Ross 6,147
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 23 hr Pegasus 286,455
More from around the web