Prove there's a god.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#570753 Dec 6, 2012
Evo-Lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
"For with what judgement ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again" [Jesu: Mathew 7:2]
Thanks. I have something here of equal value to offer in exchange. I trust you'll find it just as inspirational and meaningful in your life as I do your bible. It's from the bible of your chief competitor :

Qu'ran Al-Ghashiyah
88:11 Wherein they will hear no unsuitable speech.
88:12 Within it is a flowing spring.
88:13 Within it are couches raised high

I want you to think about that. Here we have couches raised high. Yes, couches will be raised high. Did you hear that? Couches! High davenports. Raised settees. Elevated chesterfields. Hoisted ottomans. Skyward chaises. Heavenly divans. It's all so holy! O so holy!

Fennario

#570754 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Christians & Catholics are VERY different religions.
Catholics are Christians.

Fennario

#570755 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
Evade? In what country?
Papua New Guinea

“First it steals your mind..”

Since: Jun 11

..and then it steals your soul

#570756 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Ok. I understand the "competition" thing a little better now, though not completely.
But how does that cause evolution or natural selection or whatever it causes?
Creatures adapt over time to better survive.
<quoted text>
And so what if an organism "evolves"? The environment is always changing so there is no guarantee that the offspring will have any better chances of surviving than the parents. SO here we are with the accidental thing again.
ACCIDENT not EVOLUTION/NATURAL SELECTION.
You don't watch many documentaries, do you?
<quoted text>
Furthermore, I have yet to hear the scientific account of the origin of matter and energy; can you help me with that?
Matter was formed in the Big Bang. Where the energy came from? We don't know. That is why we experiment

#570757 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You know why it's called the g-spot?
Because God wanted men to search for it & women to cry out His name.....
That is a pretty good one, Double Fine concedes

Fennario

#570758 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I won't reply to your butchered posts any more. Try being honest for a change, then we'll continue.
I am always honest.

Edited is not butchered. I edit the full comment down to the part that I am responding to. Personally, when I see a long quote at the top of a post which addresses one sentence from it without indicating which, I generally don't bother to search the whole quote for it. I just move on. I try to do better than that myself when replying.

If you think that you have been misrepresented by the editing, then demonstrate so. I've told you before that merely crying that "You've taken me out of context!" is insufficient. Nearly every citation is removed from surrounding context.

It's only dishonest when this is done to misrepresent the quoted source. You need to show the citation both in and out of whatever context you think has been unfairly snipped out and show that your meaning was misrepresented for that claim to anything more than the cry of somebody with no argument.

“The eye has it...”

Since: May 09

Russell's teapot

#570759 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The difference is, that over time Christianity helps to give morality to the masses. It does take time, generation after generation, to quell the immorality in societies.
Everywhere Christianity prevails, peace prevails.
Everywhere Christianity is avoided or dismissed, violence & anarchy prevail.
Your opinion is ignorant of history, and not informed.

#570760 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, you misunderstand.
Not a surprise.
Why does nobody want to discuss the evolution of birds from therapods
:'(

It is such an interesting topic

Fennario

#570761 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
In what world does "being removed" and "removed" the same?

ME: "I was removing the leaves from my lawn."
YOU: "Why did you remove the leaves?"
ME: "I haven't yet, I'm still removing them...."
You did remove leaves. Your second comment makes no sense.

YOU: "I was removing the leaves from my lawn."
ME: "Why did you remove the leaves?"
YOU: "I haven't yet, I'm still removing them...."
ME: "Didn't you just say that you were removing leaves? Once again, why did you do that? Who told you that you could remove even one leaf? And this time, answer the question asked."

At the point in time of the first comment, you weren't finished yet. Had you not removed leaves, you would have written, "I was about to remove the leaves" or "I had intended to remove the leaves."

The two represents different points in time. In grammar, it is the difference between the past imperfect tense, wherein an action in the past is still being completed, and the past tense, which represents a later moment when the action is completed.

From Wiktionary:

Past imperfect - "A grammatical tense which expresses the past as an action which was still going on at the point in time described, say someone "was ...ing"

Fennario

#570762 Dec 7, 2012
I cant beleive you are so ignorant about the subject matter you yourself are suggesting is fact; yet you will act as if it is unquestionable reality.
Evolutionary theory describes reality. That fact is confirmed. I don't have to be able to explain it in limitless detail to know that.
Your confidence in evolution theory? Your FAITH in evolution theory to be more precise!
Actually, "faith" is the less precise and more ambiguous term, since the word "faith" is used in radically different ways that are actually complete opposites. Beliefs justified by religious faith are guesses, whereas beliefs based on evidence are not.

This is true for many words. Consider "clip," which means both attach and detach:

"I clipped the papers together, then clipped the coupon form them."

Or "custom," which can mean commonplace or unique:

"It was my custom to buy custom fitted suits."

How about "left," which can be either remaining or departed:

"After Susie left, her sister was left to clean up the mess."

I can increase precision by using the words "departed" and "remained" in place of the ambiguous word "left":

"After Susie departed, her sister remained to clean up the mess"

You want to use "faith" in two opposite ways, which is ambiguous. I am increasing the precision of the comment by substituting "confidence" for faith.

Fennario

#570763 Dec 7, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
My training is in medicine.
You know nothing at all. My training is in telling people like you to go eat spit!
Your family must be very proud.

"Eat spit"? Speaking of knowing nothing at all, in the last hour, I have educated you and RiversideRedneck on the past imperfect tense, contronyms, and now I will teach you a new term: a minced oath. From Wiki

"A minced oath is a euphemistic expression formed by misspelling, mispronouncing, or replacing a part of a profane, blasphemous, or taboo term to reduce the original term's objectionable characteristics. Some examples include "gosh" for God, "darn" for damn, and "heck" for Hell."

Now you know.

Just kidding. Neither of you learned a thing.
fengwenshu

Chengdu, China

#570766 Dec 7, 2012
Note, China Global Policy Institute members, is the prophet, a wise man

Magic medicine of God,Help the human flying carpet

Such as the magician magic medicine of God,
Help humanity to get on the myth of flying carpet forward

God of this like magician's same mysterious medicine, helped the humanity to sit the myth to fly the blanket advance &#65292;

Introduced to the doctors,
Very exciting.

The beauty myth, fairy tales, magical and charming new method of treating disease.

New human medicine, this new invention,

The creation of new cures for diseases, new human medicine,

Greater than the human invention of spacecraft, greater than humans boarded the moon, we believe that

We can put this new method of treating disease, the new medicine.

Called the world of medical science Copernicus created doctrine of the center of the sun,

Theory,

Einstein, the medical world,

To create the theory of relativity,

Columbus discovered the New World,

----------

Introduced to the doctors, a use of images, figures for drug&#65292;

Treatment of diseases of the magical, great, amazing new method,

New man of great medical academic, pharmaceutical academic, drugs,

This is the Lishan Yu invented by the Chinese female doctor&#65292;

The creation treats disease's new method,
New man of great medical academic, pharmaceutical academic, drugs,

Patients treated with this method, The patient is not an injection, do not take medicine&#65292;

With this method treatment patient, the patient does not give an injection, does not take a drug,

The patient is silent reading images, digital, can cure diseases,

Patients with silent reading the image, digital, and will be able to cure diseases,

This method of treatment, medicine&#65292;
Is called the Book of Change, the Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, the digit method of treatment, the medicine,
----------
With this method of treatment, medicine, medical skill, Can cure 100 many kinds of diseases,
This treatment, medicine, medicine,Has cured more than 100,000 people,

With this method of treatment, medicine, medical skill, Has cured more than ten ten thousand people,
Cure some cancer patients.

Has cured some cancer patient&#65292;
Cured three blind&#65292;

Has cured three blind people,
Cure some body completely paralyzed.

Or side of the body paralyzed patients&#65292;
Cured some bodies to paralyze completely, Or half body paralysis patient,
Has cured some diabetic patient,
Cure a number of people with diabetes.
Has cured some hypertension patient,
Cure some patients with hypertension,
Has cured some gallstone patient,
Cure some patients with gallstones
Cured has remained unconscious already a three day-long elderly women,
Cure the unconscious has been three days an old woman&#65292;
A 80-year-old heart disease, the elderly,Must be replaced with a new heart, because the old man's heart&#65292;Can not, with this treatment,Cure heart disease for the elderly 80 years old,
Nothing short of numbers, images,

Has become the new heart of the old man.Nothing short of numbers, images,

May say simply is the digit, the image, Has become this old person's new heart,
Over a 80 year-old heart disease old person, Must exchange the new heart, because of this old person's heart, Was unable to use, with this method of treatment, Has cured this over 80 year-old heart disease old person, May say simply is the digit, the image, Has become this old person's new heart,
Cure for an over 90-year-old heart disease, the elderly,
Has cured over a 90 year-old heart disease old person],
More than ten for years, Than a decade&#65292;
Is called the Book of Change, the Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, the digit method of treatment, the medicine,
fengwenshu

Chengdu, China

#570767 Dec 7, 2012
In this Book of Changes,

Gossip image of the Book of Changes,

Digital treatment cure,

The use of drugs, nine images, digital&#65292;
Is using this Book of Change, Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, When the digit method of treatment treats an illness, With the medicine, is nine images, the digit,

Figures of this new invention.

The creation of human medicine,

Pharmacy, drug,

Nine images, digital&#65292;
Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, Digital this innovation, Creation human medicine, Pharmacy, with
medicine, Is nine images, the digit,
Right, these nine images, digital is the drug,

Nine images, figures, composition of the Book of Changes, Ching gossip image medicine formula, Ching gossip image medicine formula is nine images, digital

The nine images, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and zero&#65292;
Right, these nine images, the digit is a medicine, With nine images, the digit, composes the Book of Change, Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image medicine all formulas, Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image medicine all formulas, is with nine images, the digital composition These nine images, the digit is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, with zero,
We soon translate the Book of Change, the Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, the digital formula operating instructions, with matters needing attention, with the Book of Change, Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, digital formula,
We planned that to various countries' doctor, the medicine world, said that disseminates this human new creation medicine, the pharmacy Book of Change, the Eight Diagrams digit method of treatment, the formula, if some people are interested to this, plans to study the Book of Change, the Eight Diagrams digit method of treatment,
Or have any questions, please contact our Global Policy Institute, we will answer questions,

This article was written by the Chinese private think tank ---- China Global Policy Institute,
Being continued
fengwenshu

Chengdu, China

#570768 Dec 7, 2012
In this Book of Changes,

Digital treatment cure,

The use of drugs, nine images, digital&#65292;
Is using this Book of Change, Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, When the digit method of treatment treats an illness, With the medicine, is nine images, the digit,

Figures of this new invention.

The creation of human medicine,

Pharmacy, drug,

Nine images, digital&#65292;
Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image, Digital this innovation, Creation human medicine, Pharmacy, with
medicine, Is nine images, the digit,
Right, these nine images, digital is the drug,

Nine images, figures, composition of the Book of Changes, Ching gossip image medicine formula, Ching gossip image medicine formula is nine images, digital

The nine images, 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, and zero&#65292;
Right, these nine images, the digit is a medicine, With nine images, the digit, composes the Book of Change, Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image medicine all formulas, Book of Changes Eight Diagrams image medicine all formulas, is with nine images, the digital composition These nine images, the digit is 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8, with zero,
We are about to translate the Book of Changes, gossip image of the I Ching, the digital recipe instructions and precautions, and the Book of Changes, Ching gossip images, digital formula,
We intend to the world of doctors, the medical world to introduce,
Disseminate mankind newly created medicine, pharmacy Book of Changes, gossip digital treatment methods, formulas, if one of these interested, plan to study the Book of Changes, the gossip digital treatment,
we do explain the question, By the Chinese folk think tank----China Global policy Research institute writes this article,
To be continued

Note, China Global Policy Institute members, China is wise, the prophets

Above, by the Chinese poet, musician, Feng Wenshu - mulberry translation, 2012,3,14,15,

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#570769 Dec 7, 2012
We need an icon for "Don't have a clue what this clod's trying to say".

Fennario

#570770 Dec 7, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
No, you hang out with the ignorant wine sipping liberals.
Before man settled down in cities in large numbers to farm, herd and trade, he wandered in small packs. His ancestors lived as tribal nomads for hundreds of thousands if not millions of years before the advent of civilization.

The evolutionary strategies that were most successful in that old world were ingrained genetically as instinct or intuition. People that assumed that the next tribe was friendly and embraced them were selected against. Those with a more xenophobic orientation did better.

City life was different. It was much more complicated and nuanced than spear chucking and berry hunting. Cooperation with strangers was necessary if one was to life these more complicated lives among much larger numbers of people. Now was the time for those qualities of trust and inclusiveness - of thoughtfulness and nuance – that had been selected against in the bush.

The old ways were counterproductive in this new world, new strategies were called for, and apparently the gene pool began transitioning over. We're more or less about halfway there now, with about half still being in that old camp - people like you, a self-proclaimed flag waving conservative Christian redneck, and half more like me, the wine sipping liberal that you resent.

The conservative psychology sees itself as a part of a very narrowly defined in-group under a state of siege. It likes simple rules strictly enforced by an authoritarian father figure. Christianity appeals to this mindset as well for obvious reasons.

And over here, in secular Liberalville, we see the world differently. Our values support pluralistic societies full of strangers that love reason, and understand the value of cooperation and inclusion. These values underlie secular humanism, which you also resent.

I'd clink my wine glass to your beer can with you in a toast to the past and to the future, but it looks like you've already crushed yours into your forehead. Salud, anyway!

Fennario

#570771 Dec 7, 2012
TheApostle wrote:
Bob Costas is an epic idiot.
I pray to GOD he is raped repeatedly by someone bigger and stronger than him (no gun of course) and then when hes crying like a little bitch, show him a gun that could save his ass but keep it JUST out of his reach..........too funny.
Another beautiful piece of handiwork, complements of the people building program of the Christian church. Without that church cranking them out, America's neighborhoods wouldn't have a tenth as many people like that as they do.

Thank you, Jesus!
end time

AOL

#570772 Dec 7, 2012

PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______

&fe ature=plcp

Fennario

#570773 Dec 7, 2012
waaasssuuup wrote:
i kinda hope you're [nanoanomaly] not an old perv doing some hard time or a twink trying to hit on straight guys;)
You're not the first to express that concern.

#570774 Dec 7, 2012
end time wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX&feature=plc p
Yo.

Do you have any kind of life, at all?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
*** All Time Favorite Songs *** (Dec '10) 7 min Classic 3,828
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 10 min Johnny 837
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 14 min karl44 106,566
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 16 min Peace_Warrior 618,746
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min Charlie Sheen 281,914
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 20 min Michael 654,234
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 23 min Catcher1 64,221
More from around the web