Prove there's a god.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#570664 Dec 6, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
25 i
the celebration on dec is reflective of many traditions, it began to honor the passing of the winter solstice, and mark the beginning of the return of the sun, and the promise of the renewed (spring)
the jesus god is cast as a sun god, and so shares the day with many other sun gods.
wiki: Since the event is seen as the reversal of the Sun's ebbing presence in the sky, concepts of the birth or rebirth of sun gods have been common and, in cultures using winter solstitially based cyclic calendars, the year as reborn has been celebrated with regard to life-death-rebirth deities or new beginnings such as Hogmanay's redding, a New Year cleaning tradition. Also reversal is yet another usual theme as in Saturnalia's slave and master reversals.
it would be accurate to call it Saturnalia.
You. Are. All. Going. To. Die. Down. Here.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#570665 Dec 6, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and you sir are Naive. there most certainly have been people fired for saying Merry Christmas.
http://www.hrblunders.com/was-she-fired-for-s...
and there have been others.
one was at a walmart.
in a town called Warren Michigan they had a long time tradition since 1945 of a nativity scene, the atheist 4 yr ago, raised a ruckus, had it removed.
but this year the court reinstated its right to be displayed publically!
Same thing in Santa Monica CAL they always displayed a Nativity scene at Christmas in Palisades park...for 60 yrs.
the atheists TRIED to remove it. but the LC fought it and won the right under the 1st ammendment right of free speech to display it publically.
this happens all the time..........
so no it is not the Christians (or myself) who will do anything against those who are anti-God, it is the other way around.
and we have to continually stand our ground not to be silenced by the atheists.
next

get your filthy philosophy off the money.

next

“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#570666 Dec 6, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you just proved that you are
buck always denied his other socks
But, but, but....

They say nothing can be proven....

Dumb athitards.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570667 Dec 6, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
It doesnt really take a lot to blow your mind, does it?
Probably $5.

“There is no Truth in Faith”

Since: Dec 08

nowhere near a pound of $100's

#570668 Dec 6, 2012
Over half a million posts and still no convincing verifiable evidence there is a God. Who'da thunk it??

Location hidden

#570669 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No it isn't.
Christians & Catholics are VERY different religions.
Christians are Catholic just as much as Americans are Canadian.
catholics are the "original" christians, they created the original NT and still posses the original documents from which it was birthed.

you are an apostate.

you are also a troll, you say anything at all to keep the focus upon yourself..

you remind me of someone, who was considerably more intelligent, but who had the same technique and bitter mind

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#570670 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Ya, so. Isn't Ireland like 80% Catholic. There's your country's problem.
Define "christian."

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570671 Dec 6, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
next
get your filthy philosophy off the money.
next
oooooooo!

OCB hates that word....

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#570672 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The context was that he provided a link "proving" that atheists are smarter than theists.
It was a completely biased link, provided by a PhD in evolutionary science that is an atheist.
I responded with an equally biased link to show that my "proof" is as lame as his.
And yes, you're sorry.
Maybe it was biased. I don't know. I read it, and I think the author was stretching a little bit. I've always heard it phrased that humans are more likely to over infer potential danger, not potential agency (as the author said)- because the consequence of a false negative is far higher than the consequence of a false positive. So I don't know if he was pulling that out of his ass, extrapolating from the fact that most of us have a tendency to over infer danger, or basing his comments on actual research. Either way, it's true that atheists as a whole tend to have higher levels of intelligence (or what we can measure anyway), so even if his argument was faulty - the overall point he was trying to make was still true - atheists in general are smarter than theists. Citing an equally "biased" source does not change that.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570673 Dec 6, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
Over half a million posts and still no convincing verifiable evidence there is a God. Who'da thunk it??
You missed it, about 10,000 posts ago.
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#570674 Dec 6, 2012
Ooogah Boogah wrote:
No one (as in the atheists) cares about proof of God; thats why they chose atheism.

They wouldn't believe that God existed if he kicked in their front door, tied them to the wall with some rather huge vines and sexually abused their wives and daughters right before their very eyes.

You should hear the lame crap they come up with to dispute the existence of God:

"Oh, if God existed there wouldnt be so much bad, bad , bad things happening".... as if morality has anything to do with reality; as if God is just going to cease to exist if He doesnt conform to their concept of rightness.

What kinda idiots would use morality as a means by which to determine the existence of a thing? Only an atheist.

Location hidden

#570675 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Catholics are part of Christianity, like Mormons & Jehovah Witnesses, but there aren't Christain, they are catholic.
you are an apostate

the catholics know you are not a christian

the catholics know you are a condemned soul

the catholics wrote the orginal bible

you do not even have a copy

you are an apostate,

you are a pauline, not a christian

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570676 Dec 6, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
catholics are the "original" christians, they created the original NT and still posses the original documents from which it was birthed.
you are an apostate.
you are also a troll, you say anything at all to keep the focus upon yourself..
you remind me of someone, who was considerably more intelligent, but who had the same technique and bitter mind
Catholics are NOT the original Christians...

"catholic" wasn't even in the Bible.

Christianity came first, Catholicism is a bastardized version of Christianity.

Try again.
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#570677 Dec 6, 2012
God Himself wrote:
<quoted text>
You. Are. All. Going. To. Die. Down. Here.
you too...LOL
btw
I aint worried ,no one ever came back to complain about it
God Himself

Kingston, Jamaica

#570678 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "christian."
Define "define".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570679 Dec 6, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Define "christian."
And you people say that atheists are smart.

Christian:
Noun
A person who has received Christian baptism or is a believer in Jesus Christ and his teachings.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570680 Dec 6, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe it was biased. I don't know. I read it, and I think the author was stretching a little bit. I've always heard it phrased that humans are more likely to over infer potential danger, not potential agency (as the author said)- because the consequence of a false negative is far higher than the consequence of a false positive. So I don't know if he was pulling that out of his ass, extrapolating from the fact that most of us have a tendency to over infer danger, or basing his comments on actual research. Either way, it's true that atheists as a whole tend to have higher levels of intelligence (or what we can measure anyway), so even if his argument was faulty - the overall point he was trying to make was still true - atheists in general are smarter than theists. Citing an equally "biased" source does not change that.
And simply typing "atheists in general are smarter than theists" does not make it fact.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570681 Dec 6, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
you are an apostate
the catholics know you are not a christian
the catholics know you are a condemned soul
the catholics wrote the orginal bible
you do not even have a copy
you are an apostate,
you are a pauline, not a christian
Son, there's a difference between "Christianity" & "Christian".

Just as there's a difference between "Christian" & "Catholic".

Look it up.

Location hidden

#570682 Dec 6, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>I suspect you haven't smelled very many of either type.
he finds female pheromones disgusting, and male pheromones "clean"

Leave him alone, sexual preference is a function of biology, he is not responsible for his preference.

he can't shower with naked men , he gets an erection
Anon

Cleveland, OH

#570683 Dec 6, 2012
endtime wrote:
PROOF Obama's ReElection = ANTICHRIST_______
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =6z-v0iNbVBwXX&feature=plc p
Stick it already, ya freakin' nut.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 2 min River Tam 49,460
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 12 min Liam 646,959
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 20 min KellyP in Jersey 2,111
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 54 min Steve III 44,724
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Pegasus 281,290
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Peace_Warrior 618,565
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 1 hr karl44 105,685
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 3 hr ChristineM 445,753
topix drops human sexuality forum.......this be... 7 hr WasteWater 27
More from around the web