“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#570286 Dec 6, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>FINALLY! An answer- not that I believe you because I do NOT.
If what you say is true, why would you not respond with "Happy Holidays" right back to someone who wished YOU "Happy Holidays" but that you would instead tell them to "kiss your yule-tide hide"?
And you have NO idea of the religious affiliation of someone who wishes you "Happy Holidays", so why would you not respect them just as you SAY you respect Jews (which again, I don't believe you for a second).
Probably because we're sick n tired of the "happy holidays" crap & stick to tradition with saying Merry Christmas.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570287 Dec 6, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>My allegations? What- that you're a little man and a BIG hypocrite?
No "for me" needed- you have PROVEN both to be FACT countless times here, RR.
You forgot the "for me" part. Again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570288 Dec 6, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
That's really pretty funny on multiple levels.
See?

Honesty IS fun.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#570289 Dec 6, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
You'll believe anything that fuels your hatred for people who don't believe as you do.
Nobody has been fired for saying merry christmas.
You're entitled to your own opinions.
You're not entitled to your own facts.
and you sir are Naive. there most certainly have been people fired for saying Merry Christmas.

http://www.hrblunders.com/was-she-fired-for-s...

and there have been others.
one was at a walmart.

in a town called Warren Michigan they had a long time tradition since 1945 of a nativity scene, the atheist 4 yr ago, raised a ruckus, had it removed.
but this year the court reinstated its right to be displayed publically!

Same thing in Santa Monica CAL they always displayed a Nativity scene at Christmas in Palisades park...for 60 yrs.
the atheists TRIED to remove it. but the LC fought it and won the right under the 1st ammendment right of free speech to display it publically.

this happens all the time..........
so no it is not the Christians (or myself) who will do anything against those who are anti-God, it is the other way around.
and we have to continually stand our ground not to be silenced by the atheists.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#570291 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Why are vaginas disgusting to you?
They're not. Why are you LYING by asking me such a question?

Do I need to scroll back though last night's post to re-post what YOU said about finding them disgusting?

You stupid fool.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570292 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
You forgot the "for me" part. Again.
I forgot nothing.

Apparently, YOU forgot how to read- despite you reading on a 5th grade remedial level to begin with....

OCB wrote:
<quoted text>My allegations? What- that you're a little man and a BIG hypocrite?
No "for me" needed- you have PROVEN both to be FACT countless times here, RR.

You have PROVEN what a little man and a BIG hypocrite you are countless times here, RR- and NOT just "for me".

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570293 Dec 6, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>I personally don't buy trees, ornaments or tinsel though I have at some points in my life.
Christmas trees have NOTHING to do with your Jesus.
BTW, your Jesus was NOT born on 12/25 and actually wasn't even born in December.
Here is why the birth of your Jesus is celebrated on 12/25:
"Was Jesus born on December 25?
Was Jesus born on December 25? There is no evidence for this date. So then, who decided that Jesus' birth would be celebrated on that date? The early Christian church did not celebrate Jesus' birth.
It wasn't until A.D. 440 that the church officially proclaimed December 25 as the birth of Christ.
*********This was not based on any religious evidence but on a pagan feast. Saturnalia was a tradition inherited by the Roman pagans from an earlier Babylonian priesthood. December 25 was used as a celebration of the birthday of the sun god. It was observed near the winter solstice.*********
The apostles in the Bible predicted that some Christians would adopt pagan beliefs to enable them to make their religion more palatable to the pagans around them. Therefore, some scholars think the church chose the date of this pagan celebration to interest them in Christianity. The pagans were already used to celebrating on this date.
The Bible itself tells us that December 25 is an unlikely date for His birth.
Palestine is very cold in December. It was much too cold to ask everyone to travel to the city of their fathers to register for taxes.
Also the shepherds were in the fields (Luke 2:8-12). Shepherds were not in the fields in the winter time. They are in the fields early in March until early October.
This would place Jesus' birth in the spring or early fall. It is also known that Jesus lived for 33.5 years and died at the feast of the Passover, which is at Easter time. He must therefore have been born six months the other side of Easter - making the date around the September/October time frames.
Other evidence that December 25 is the wrong date for the birth of Jesus comes from early writings. Iranaeus, born about a century after Jesus, notes that Jesus was born in the 41st year of the reign of Augustus. Since Augustus began his reign in the autumn of 43 B.C., this appears to substantiate the birth of Jesus as the autumn of 2 B.C. Eusebius (A.D. 264-340), the "Father of Church History," ascribes it to the 42nd year of the reign of Augustus and the 28th from the subjection of Egypt on the death of Anthony and Cleopatra. The 42nd year of Augustus ran from the autumn of 2 B.C. to the autumn of 1 B.C. The subjugation of Egypt into the Roman Empire occurred in the autumn of 30 B.C. The 28th year extended from the autumn of 3 B.C. to the autumn of 2 B.C. The only date that would meet both of these constraints would be the autumn of 2 B.C."
http://www.allaboutjesuschrist.org/was-jesus-...
Christmas was derived from SATURNALIA- a PAGAN tradition.
There- you just learned about what you think is YOUR holiday, but which is really a holiday originating having NOTHING at ALL to do with your Jesus.
Dec 25th is the day the world CELEBRATES Jesus' birth, but it's not His actual birthday.

Most people know that. And most people know that people, especially poor people, didn't have birth records until just a hundred or so years ago.....

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570294 Dec 6, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Not to mention the cherry-picking of the bible and twisting the very words written in it- something RR does all too often.
He doesn't like this his god condones slavery and had no argument when I pointed that out to him in both the OT AND the NT.
He tried to justify slavery and make it okay by saying his god tells us how to treat slaves nicely- as if that makes them any less victims of the bondage of slavery.
He tried to twist "turn the other cheek" into meaning that is meant about war and not about person-to-person despite the text which CLEARLY states: PERSON, HIM and SOMEONE.
RR is a Christian of convenience- meaning when it's convenient for him, he is a Christian and when it's not convenient for him he is not really a Christian at all.
And he thinks he knows exactly what his god meant by saying the word "day" in reference to the creation of the earth, he waffles; at one point he said he DID believe in the Adam and Eve FAIRY TALE- he has since then declared it a metaphor.....
Ack!
i see your delima.

you think Christians are suppose to be PERFECT.
which no one is perfect.
except Jesus

and so you get on topix and argue, sling mud, insult and ridicule people of faith, and push their buttons til they have no recourse but to stand up to you..........and then you wag your heathen finger at them and call them a 'christian of convenience' or
not christian like.

politically that is called 'entrapment'
in the eyes of God that is called, the wicked drawing people into wrath.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570295 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Probably because we're sick n tired of the "happy holidays" crap & stick to tradition with saying Merry Christmas.
Good- wishing you MISERABLE holidays.

Better?

Oh- do feel free to wish ME a Happy Hanukkah- while I no more celebrate the religious aspect of Hanukkah than I do of Christmas, I don't take offense at someone saying to me:

Happy Hanukkah
Happy Holidays OR
Merry Christmas

Too bad you so-called "good" Christians are so thin-skinned and that you ALL need to GROW a pair.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#570296 Dec 6, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
Hanukkah is a religious part of the season. the jewish holiday.
representing God.
Happy Holidays is a SECULAR term with no 'God' in it.
so yes if you say Happy Holidays to me, you can kiss my Yule Tide Hide.
Your "hide" is "pagan"?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570297 Dec 6, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW, merry Isaac Newton's day.
He actually WAS born on December 25th.
and yet His greatest achievement was in the field of science, not saving mankind from sin and hell.

My calandar says nothing about Isaac Newton, it only says, CHRISTMAS

but thanks anyway.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570298 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Actually, dozens of independent studies all show the same thing. From "Atheism, Secularity, and Well-Being: How The Findings of Social Science Counter Negative Stereotypes and Assumptions" at http://www.scribd.com/doc/37725046/Zuckerman-... :
"Higher education is positively correlated with atheism, agnosticism, and secularity (Baker 2008; Sherkat 2008, 2003; Johnson 1997; Argyle and Beit-Hallahmi 1975). For example, 42 percent of Americans claiming to have "no religion", 32 percent of American atheists, and 42 percent of American agnostics have graduated from college – all higher than the percentage of college graduates in the general American adult population, which is 27 percent (Kosmin 2008; Keysar 2007).
"Attending college as well as graduate school – and having an "intellectual orientation" – are also signi&#64257;cant predictors of who will reject or abandon their religion at some point in their life (Beit-Hallahmi 2007; Altemeyer 2009; Hayes 2000, 1995a; Sherkat and Ellison 1991; McAllister 1998; Altemeyer and Hunsberger 1997; Hadaway and Roof 1988).
"Furthering the link between education &#8260; intellectualism and secularity, recent studies have found that secular people score markedly higher on tests of verbal ability and verbal sophistication when compared religious people (Sherkat 2006), and secular people also score markedly higher on indicators of scienti&#64257;c pro&#64257;ciency than religious people (Sherkat 2009).
"And Larson and Witham (1997, 1998) found that among the members of the United States National Academy of Sciences, only 7 percent claimed to believe in a personal God and only 8 percent believed in immortality, and Ecklund and Scheitle (2007) report that professors at America’s top universities are far more likely to be atheists than the general American population."
==========
Did you see that? "Higher education is positively correlated with atheism" [For you Christians, "positively correlated" means they go up and down together.]
Sure, IANS. Another link from an atheist that "proves" something.

Did you notice the books & lectures that Zuckerman has done? ALL atheist topics.....

Try again?

But this time, TRY to find a non-biased link.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570299 Dec 6, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
See?
Honesty IS fun.
It's fun for YOU because for YOU to engage in it is such a rarity for you.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570300 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
It's fascinating how so many of you Christians like to wag your finger at your fellow man while scolding him about accountability for his actions, but never hold you god accountable for his work.
I'll bet you that when Jehovah gets together with his sibs on the holidays and describes the universe that he's fashioned, they're none too impressed with the sin thing, consider him its author. I'd also bet that they're disgusted that he tortures so many of us for his own engineering inadequacies - and without mercy. Jehovah was always the bad seed of the litter with his sterilizing floods and continual genocides.
Glad I could help.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570301 Dec 6, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and you sir are Naive. there most certainly have been people fired for saying Merry Christmas.
http://www.hrblunders.com/was-she-fired-for-s...
and there have been others.
one was at a walmart.
in a town called Warren Michigan they had a long time tradition since 1945 of a nativity scene, the atheist 4 yr ago, raised a ruckus, had it removed.
but this year the court reinstated its right to be displayed publically!
Same thing in Santa Monica CAL they always displayed a Nativity scene at Christmas in Palisades park...for 60 yrs.
the atheists TRIED to remove it. but the LC fought it and won the right under the 1st ammendment right of free speech to display it publically.
this happens all the time..........
so no it is not the Christians (or myself) who will do anything against those who are anti-God, it is the other way around.
and we have to continually stand our ground not to be silenced by the atheists.
And from the link YOU provided:

"Phillips says Thomas’ claims are false and that he fired her for different reasons, including insubordination, according to WJHG-TV.

However, Phillips does say that he wanted employees to use Happy Holidays because,“there’s also Hanukkah and we want to make sure we put a script in place that was not offensive to someone who did not celebrate Christmas.”

Of course, I realize you don't CARE if people of other faiths are offended since you show such disregard and disrespect for any and all who don't believe as YOU do.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570302 Dec 6, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>How very charitable and "Christian" of you, huh?
No worries where I'm concerned though as I am not at all inclined to wish YOU a Happy or a Merry ANYTHING- being the "good" Christian you are, you're not deserving of any such greeting.
Do note the word "good" in quotation marks- that is to indicate that I was being sarcastic.
Do you or your husband (Jewish) ever say Merry Christmas or Happy Hanukkah?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#570303 Dec 6, 2012
<quoted text>
Catholic, Protestant ... who cares? It's all Christian. You don't care if a Muslim is Sunni or Shia, right? Me, neither.
No it isn't.

Christians & Catholics are VERY different religions.

Christians are Catholic just as much as Americans are Canadian.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570304 Dec 6, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in defence of Clementia though, most anti-evolutionists are opposed even to the idea that we are anything but humans created as we now exist, which is known not to be true. People confuse the fact that monkeys and humans evolved from the same original animal, but we evolved in different directions and we did not come from monkeys. We are primates though, as are monkeys, so in a classification of animals sense we are related, rather than being bacteria or fungi.
I personally would rather think I am from the same background as monkeys rather than fungi.
so explain please if you didn't come from a MONKEY which is a primate.
what tangible proof do we have of any such earlier form of primate that is not a monkey or ape that everything supposedly evolved from?

do you know boots that there is NO recorded documents prior to 3000BC
just the scriptures........
do you know there is no recorded language prior to 3000BC
or no human life prior to 3000BC

you want proof?

http://www.jesus-is-savior.com/Evolution%20Ho...

there are no ancient historical records prior to 3000BC
so we have only what the early scriptures tell us.

no record of human life at all prior to 3000BC
thats a fact.

if you dare read the link in its entirety.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#570305 Dec 6, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
and yet His greatest achievement was in the field of science, not saving mankind from sin and hell.
My calandar says nothing about Isaac Newton, it only says, CHRISTMAS
but thanks anyway.
And that is because calendars only note FEDERAL and NATIONAL holidays- including those that have NOTHING to do with ANY religion- such as Veteran's Day, Columbus Day, and Independence Day.

Calendars make a note of holidays on which our MAN MADE governing offices on Federal, State and Local levels are CLOSED.

It has NOTHING to do with any religion that your calendar notes Christmas as a holiday. It only has to do with our GOVERNMENT being closed.

Then again, MY calendar also notes when Hanukkah begins as well as when daylight savings begins and ends.

At any rate, the POINT is that it is NOT due to any religious belief on the part of calendar makers that ANY holidays are noted.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#570306 Dec 6, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks, boooots!
Yh, that's what they don't like hearing, coz they think God directly created adam and we all came from him.

there is no recorded documents prior to 3000BC

God did create Adam and we all come from Adam and Eve.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 8 min June VanDerMark 582,775
download free wordpress theme for news website 9 min pmsfdev 2
What do u think of Jesus Christ?(God) (Oct '06) 21 min RiccardoFire 70,124
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 26 min RiccardoFire 98,826
Why I’m no longer a Christian (Jul '08) 42 min Paul Porter1 442,469
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 47 min Seriously__ 3,003
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 hr WildWeirdWillie 176,364
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 3 hr Paul Porter1 611,777
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 hr courteous europhobe 121,616
More from around the web