Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#569852 Dec 5, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>OMG- you think one has to be gay to pee in front of another person of the same sex???
Why in front of a girl? Because you're FRIENDS and you're CLOSE FRIENDS who don't stand on silly ceremony.
I'm not saying I have peed in front of girlfriends of mine countless times, but yes- it HAS happened and girlfriends have peed in front of me!
Has nothing to do with being gay- omg- ROFLMAO!!!
And ironically enough, you know what was being discussed most of the times we did pee in front of each other? MEN and our LOVE lives with them!
TOO funny!!!!!
It's really STUPID to put ANY sort of sexual spin on the act of people PEEING in front of each other.
You have a LOT of growing up to do and while I realize you are "only" 21, I can only go by when I was "only" 21 and I was nowhere near as naive or as misinformed as you are.
LOL, maybe it's an american thing, that is NOT normal in my society! They only do it if they're gay or drunk.

I am so close to my best friend, but even we've never done. I guess if I really needed to pee and didn't have time to close the door then i'll have to, coz when u got to pee, u got to pee.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569853 Dec 5, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Not to worry -Ole' ironsides is in the bay keep'n survey on the sitchiation! The parrot'll purvey the incursion o' any swashbucklers an such! Yer cabin be safe!
Time for a couple of me favorite pirate jokes, land lubbers.

[1] An able-bodied seaman meets a pirate in a bar, and they they take turns recounting their adventures at sea. Noting the pirate's peg-leg, hook, and eye patch, the seaman asks: "So, how did you end up with the peg-leg?"

The pirate replies: "We was caught in a monster storm off the cape and a giant wave swept me overboard. Just as they were pullin' me out of the drink, a school of sharks appears and one of 'em bit me leg off".

"Blimey!" said the seaman. "What about the hook"?

"Ahhhh..." mused the pirate, "We was boardin' a trader ship, with pistols a-blastin' and swords a-swingin' this way and that. In the fracas me hand got chopped off."

"Zounds!" remarked the seaman. "And how came ye by the eye patch?""

”A sea gull droppin' fell into me eye," answered the pirate.

"You lost yer eye to a sea gull dropping?", the sailor asked incredulously.

"Well..." said the pirate, "it was me first day with the hook."

==========

[2] Recently, yer Cap'n were needin' more hands following the last raid, which was met with fierce resistance from the crown's fleet, and many were lost. So, I placed an ad for some new hearties saying, "Pirate wanted, apply to Cap'n Peg-Leg at the docks. Will train the right person."

A man looking fer a job comes across me ad in the classifieds, and finds me looking every bit a pirate as ye know, with me parrot on me shoulder, me hook-hand and peg-leg, and wearin' me eye patch. He looked like he were stout enough, so I says "I'll hire ye," and begin to describe the job to him.

"On Mondays, we go out to sea, find a ship, loot the ship, come back into port and get so hammered we throw up all over ourselves. Sounds like a good job don't it, bucko?"

Stammering, the man says to me "Actually captain, I'm not much of a drinker. I don't know that I would like that very much."

"Well, " I says, "Perhaps ye will like what we do on a Tuesday just a little bit better, then. We go out, find a ship, loot the ship, come back to port, get stinkin' drunk, find us some lasses and rape every one! Sounds like a good job now, doesn’t it, matey?"

The man again stammers his reply: "As I said, I really don't drink that much. Plus, I've never raped a woman, and I don't think I would like that either."

I look at him all quizzercal with me one good eye and asks him, "Ye not be some sort of a homersexual, are ye?"

"No! No I'm not!!" the man objected strenuously.

"Oh well, then" I tells him " I don't think yer gonna like Wednesdays very much, either."

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

#569854 Dec 5, 2012
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.

Location hidden

#569855 Dec 5, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Good grief, I was 21 before you were born. In fact my son was almost that age before you were born. He is 40 now so he is certainly old enough to be a father, though he was about 26 when his first child was born. I turned 26 the year my son was born but several months after, and my dad was 26 when I was born. It must be hereditary.
But now I am depressed because I am old enough to be your grandfather, or even great grandfather. I knew one woman who was first a grandmother at 27.
Awww don't be depressed, even santa is old, but everyone loves him. You know for christmas, you can be our santa on topix. I can be your little elf/helper. That'll be so cool!:-)

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#569856 Dec 5, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you angry with me about the superior thing? I really didn't mean it like that, i'm not even white. sorry.
Somehow white being superior is highly over-rated. When I am visiting in my wife's birth place, Barbados, where the majority of the citizens are Black or various shades of Black, I find the Black women, especially, there are much more attractive, in general, than most of the white women, I see there. I have been on a bus, which we mostly use there for transportation, as I haven't risked renting a car, due to high cost and extremely narrow roads, and very crazy drivers, and way too many cars for such a small place, and those silly people drive on the wrong side of the road, just like you British do, and I am sometimes the only white person on the bus, and then it stops and picks up some white (usually) tourists, and I notice immediately how strange they look alongside the Black people.

There are some very definite exceptions to that, though, in both directions

Perhaps why we white people like to go to those places and burn our skin, because we look ghastly without a tan.

Yes, I know that non-whites also burn and get a tan too, but it was a very black very beautiful East Indian woman who had immigrated from Africa when the locals there sort of ran the Indian residents off the continent, or at least the part she lived in, who I shared some time with in rehab, who just happened to be an employee of the same bank as I was then (lot of us bankers end up in mental rehab), in 1995, who one day went out with some others to swim, and came back after being out too long, I guess, with very definite different colored skin on the exposed parts than she had before. I had not known that, mainly because I had very little contact with Black people in my life. My wife turns several shades darker when she has a tan, than she is during the winter.

In fact I get almost as dark when heavily tanned as she is without a tan.

Location hidden

#569857 Dec 5, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in defence of Clementia though, most anti-evolutionists are opposed even to the idea that we are anything but humans created as we now exist, which is known not to be true. People confuse the fact that monkeys and humans evolved from the same original animal, but we evolved in different directions and we did not come from monkeys. We are primates though, as are monkeys, so in a classification of animals sense we are related, rather than being bacteria or fungi.
I personally would rather think I am from the same background as monkeys rather than fungi.
Thanks, boooots!

Yh, that's what they don't like hearing, coz they think God directly created adam and we all came from him.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#569858 Dec 5, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Awww don't be depressed, even santa is old, but everyone loves him. You know for christmas, you can be our santa on topix. I can be your little elf/helper. That'll be so cool!:-)
How cute and touching!

Nice!

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#569859 Dec 5, 2012
Aerobatty wrote:
<quoted text>
RR is a coward who has been frightened into the christian corner by his indoctrination that if he doesn't at least try to fake belief, he's going to hell.
He knows enough to know that the bible lies, but he is so afraid of eternal damnation that he has to jump through hoops trying to reconcile reality with biblical bullshit.
Well said indeed!

Fennario

#569860 Dec 5, 2012
timn17 wrote:
Is obama the antichrist?
I'm intrigued.
I don't know about that, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the surely the Antipasto. Bless our Savory, born of extra virgin olive oil, who has come for our salivation - he who was carelessly flung onto a wall, where he stuck and dried for our sins.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#569861 Dec 5, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think in defence of Clementia though, most anti-evolutionists are opposed even to the idea that we are anything but humans created as we now exist, which is known not to be true. People confuse the fact that monkeys and humans evolved from the same original animal, but we evolved in different directions and we did not come from monkeys. We are primates though, as are monkeys, so in a classification of animals sense we are related, rather than being bacteria or fungi.
I personally would rather think I am from the same background as monkeys rather than fungi.
But monkeys started with that background of fungi.

All life originated from the sea and first slithered out of the primordial ooze.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#569862 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
are you trying to recruit people to switch teams here?
I don't think you can speak for MOST men or MOST anyone because you don't have that kind of 'knowledge' or data to prove such a thing.
men who look at other men in showers are the ones who are SICK.
what is wrong with you?
No Patty I am stating fact, when you finally get a man for yourself then feel free to ask him. Just because you have limited experience of life, of men, does not mean that men adhere to your view or them. It just means you don’t know much about men

It is a psychological fact, with several studies to back it up, That you don’t agree with it makes not the slightest difference

Rather funny though how the only person to query this is a funnymentalist godbot, even the guy it was addressed to who is rather right wing in his religious views (although he claims not a funnymentalist) has not contradicted it, in fact he has admitted that there is nothing wrong with admiring another guy or a larger penis

Location hidden

#569863 Dec 5, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>How cute and touching!
Nice!
Are you making fun of me? sorry I don't get it.

Everyone has their own personality. The world would be boring if we didn't.

Location hidden

#569864 Dec 5, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
"most of the more elite...do not believe in a god"
Bullshit.
RR, do you think that I as a BSc grad myself, would make statements concerning scientists, that are bullshit, if I had not at least checked out my facts? It is embarrassing to say something entirely stupid, for me at least, when I should have known better, and get caught on it. This topic has been thrashed around here for years, and only 5% of the top scientists, that deal in the disciplines, that study the things to do with life, believe there is a god.

Here is one source, and I give it not much weight as I don't know anything about the source, but it tells a similar story which you can find in countless more reputable places.

http://www.stephenjaygould.org/ctrl/news/file...

Here is another site that covers a wider area of the population than just scientists.

http://ncse.com/rncse/24/5/creationists

Yes, articles, as are anything put out by Creationists, are biased to their own opinions, but there is overwhelming evidence in many different forms and places, that the higher education, the lower the belief in God (in general), and that is particularly so with the natural scientists (those who deal with things of nature, such as animals, earth, universe, etc.).

You have the right to disagree, but please disagree with the statistics rather than me, because I am reporting only what I have seen in many different places, which are based on actual numbers.

“When you treat people as they ”

Since: Nov 10

treat you they get offended.

#569865 Dec 5, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't know about that, but the Flying Spaghetti Monster is the surely the Antipasto. Bless our Savory, born of extra virgin olive oil, who has come for our salivation - he who was carelessly flung onto a wall, where he stuck and dried for our sins.
Born of extra virgin olive oil – wow magic – I never knew that of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and I had partaken of his bounty (lasagne) not 30 minutes ago.

The Romans used olive oil (and alternatively crocodile dung,(I know which I’d prefer)) as a contraceptive

Location hidden

#569866 Dec 5, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Somehow white being superior is highly over-rated. When I am visiting in my wife's birth place, Barbados, where the majority of the citizens are Black or various shades of Black, I find the Black women, especially, there are much more attractive, in general, than most of the white women, I see there. I have been on a bus, which we mostly use there for transportation, as I haven't risked renting a car, due to high cost and extremely narrow roads, and very crazy drivers, and way too many cars for such a small place, and those silly people drive on the wrong side of the road, just like you British do, and I am sometimes the only white person on the bus, and then it stops and picks up some white (usually) tourists, and I notice immediately how strange they look alongside the Black people.
There are some very definite exceptions to that, though, in both directions
Perhaps why we white people like to go to those places and burn our skin, because we look ghastly without a tan.
Yes, I know that non-whites also burn and get a tan too, but it was a very black very beautiful East Indian woman who had immigrated from Africa when the locals there sort of ran the Indian residents off the continent, or at least the part she lived in, who I shared some time with in rehab, who just happened to be an employee of the same bank as I was then (lot of us bankers end up in mental rehab), in 1995, who one day went out with some others to swim, and came back after being out too long, I guess, with very definite different colored skin on the exposed parts than she had before. I had not known that, mainly because I had very little contact with Black people in my life. My wife turns several shades darker when she has a tan, than she is during the winter.
In fact I get almost as dark when heavily tanned as she is without a tan.
Lol, you're funny.

I don't think beauty has anything to do with colour. There are very attractive people who are dark skinned or black. But it also depends on what society you're from, as every society has defined beauty in their own way. Beauty is in the eyes of the beholder, after all.

Yh, i change colour too in an indian summer/english winter, it's normal for north indians.

We drive on the right side of the road, u guys drive on the wrong side!! You know, one thing I hate about english roads? The ROUNDABOUT!! TUN TUN TUN....LOL, once i'm on i can't get off!! they really scare me.

Fennario

#569867 Dec 5, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
http://unitedfamiliesinternational.wordpress....

The study shows there is no correlation between IQ & religion/atheism.
No it doesn't. This rubbish is typical Christian disinformation. You're comparing different nations, their mean IQ's, and their levels of religiosity. You haven't controlled for confounding variables. From your link:

Countries by IQ and percent not believing in God

Singapore 108 - 13
South Korea 106 - 30
Japan 105 - 65
Taiwan 105 - 24
Italy 102 - 6
Iceland 101 - 16
Switzerland 101 - 17

Even if this data were valid, your conclusions drawn from them are invalid. There are too many uncontrolled demographic variables.

You need to compare two groups that are as identical as possible in all other measured parameters apart from IQ and belief in gods. That is, you need to compare the IQ's of otherwise similar atheist Americans with theist Americans.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

#569868 Dec 5, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you making fun of me? sorry I don't get it.
Everyone has their own personality. The world would be boring if we didn't.
Not at all. I meant it sincerely- that was a very sweet, cute and nice post to booots!

:-)

“I see quantum effects”

Since: Jan 11

Location hidden

#569869 Dec 5, 2012
cschirnhofer wrote:
The word God is for me nothing more than the expression and product of human weaknesses, the Bible a collection of honorable, but still primitive legends which are nevertheless pretty childish. No interpretation no matter how subtle can (for me) change this.
Einstein

Location hidden

#569870 Dec 5, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
correct me if i am wrong here BUT... don't gays say they are 'gay' because they are not sexually attracted to the opposit sex?
so if a gay person has sex with the opposite sex, wouldn't that make them bisexual?
and i disagree, you can not be straight and engage in homosexual activity and be straight.
for the moment you cross that line, you have compromised your sexual self.
Good grief, most humans are capable of performing the sex act, in some form, regardless of whether they are attracted to the person or not. Sex is really a personal thing, though in a loving relationship, people tend to do it also to be bonded with their partner, to procreate, sometimes, though seldom that is the only reason, and because humans like getting off.

At some point during a sex act, if both are participating, which I understand from reading, that some women don't other than to lay there and let the man do his thing, for him, because she loves him, both partners, not necessarily at the same time, will be pretty much into just doing it for themselves, because the feelings are such that it becomes 'I want to feel great', rather than 'I want you to feel great'.

Because most men, after they have ejaculated, not only cannot function at all sexually for a period of time (there are exceptions), but because a lot of men will ejaculate long before a woman has an orgasm, assuming a woman actually gets there, it is my experience that some men will make sure that the woman has had at least one orgasm before he even attempts to get there. It is considered quite rare and unusual that a man and a woman will always climax together, especially if they have only penile penetration of the vagina in the 'Missionary Position'.

I have found through my limited experience, as my sex partners based on others of my age, have been quite few, is that it is imperative to do whatever is necessary to get the woman to climax, and then think about going there myself.

With a gay man having sex with a woman, it would be somewhat more difficult because for penetration that man must be turned on sexually, but for most men, especially those who had no female partners until long after puberty, they have had very successful sex acts with their hands, likely many more times than they ever have with women, so they don't need a woman to do it. They would however need to be aroused considerably to be able to often have sex with an opposite sex partner if they were gay.

A woman does not require an erection for sex, so having sexual relations with someone she is not attracted to is more easily done, though emotionally not likely as enjoyable.
Henry

Lichtenstein, Germany

#569871 Dec 5, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Sigh....I didn't miss it, RR......
Sigh........I said most PEOPLE are kind or most P christiansEOPLE are NOT kind....take your pick.
From the majority of Christians I've seen on this thread, Christians are hateful and mean.
Sorry, I am against religions at all, but that does not mean christians generally are "hateful and mean". I am an atheist not hateful!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 1 min nanoanomaly 124,101
News Plurality of Americans think Trump is failing 1 min Jim-ca 8,157
Women and Men: DO NOT marry/date an Engineer!!! (Oct '08) 15 min Jessica 123
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 54 min George Justapose 682,044
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 1 hr Comrade Trump 286,504
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 1 hr Here For Now 619,476
God is REAL - Miracles Happen! (Jun '11) 5 hr Peter Ross 6,373
More from around the web