“Ditat Deus”

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#569442 Dec 4, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>Why is it okay for those who believe in your Jesus and the STORY of creationism to display a Jesus fish but NOT okay for those who DON'T believe in your Jesus and who do believe in evolution to display a Darwin fish?
How is someone who has a Darwin fish on their car mocking ANYTHING?
Why are they not as entitled to express their opinion with a Darwin fish?
I could just as easily tell YOU that a Jesus fish is a MOCKERY of atheists and evolution, couldn't, I?
I could, but I won't because I'm not stupid and I KNOW those who display a Jesus fish are doing so because of what they believe and not as a means to mock anyone or anything.
That you think a Darwin fish is a mockery of the Jesus fish ties into your self inflicted persecution complex.
And the reason WHY you feel persecuted is because not EVERYONE believes as you do and not EVERYONE is a Christian.
And that IS what you want- what you THINK our nation is, but which it is NOT- a CHRISTIAN nation.
And it pisses you off to no end that there are MILLIONS in this country who do not believe what you do and who do not believe in the god you believe in.
Tough cookies, cookie.
I don't care if they wanna show off their atheist symbols, it just bullshit that they gotta use the Jesus fish symbol to spread their athitardism...

What, they can't think of anything new?

“H-o-o-o-o-o-o-ld on thar!”

Since: Sep 08

The Borderland of Sol

#569443 Dec 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Your "land of origin"??
In America, 5 generations is pretty solid. And that's only from my dad's side of the family, my mom's side (at least her dad's) has been here much longer.
I was born and raised in Ireland. Just so you know.

At least one side of my family can trace itself back to before the arrival of that meddling idiot Patrick.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569444 Dec 4, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You've BEEN answered- you just refuse to accept the answer, that's all.
Your "answer" is contradictory to the textbook definition. Therefore, not an answer....

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569445 Dec 4, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
And now, Catcher himself draws the Catcher white sheet over you. Hasta la vista.
http://www.b3designers.co.uk/wp-content/uploa... [image]

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#569446 Dec 4, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
Does your church send the nastiest of you people to the Internet, or are the Christians we see here on Topix a representative cross section?
I am beginning to believe that they were rejected in every facet they came in contact with, and they converge here because it is all but impossible to remove them from the scene they are now infecting with their hatred and discourse.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569447 Dec 4, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. actions are used to verify the truth of words ..
.. if you punch someone and say nothing, nobody understands your action. If you say, "Nobody tries to steal my truck without seeing my fist!" the action makes sense because your words define the action ..
.. if my nephew says he's gay, his words define his actions. Words are important, you misuse and abuse them to fit your particular outlook or agenda ..
<quoted text>
.. we did. You just don't like the words that define actions ..
First off, I have no agenda regarding gays. None, ok.

Second, you said your nephews words define his actions. You also said your nephew is gay. You also said he's screwed women...

His words says that he's gay, but his actions show that he's bi.

What are you missing? Or what am I missing?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569448 Dec 4, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
It is a vehicle for monetary gain just as the Jesus fish is.
"If you can nail together two things that have never been nailed together before, some dumb schmuck will buy it from you" ~ George Carlin
grrrr.....

Logic incarnate.

Location hidden

#569449 Dec 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care if they wanna show off their atheist symbols, it just bullshit that they gotta use the Jesus fish symbol to spread their athitardism...
What, they can't think of anything new?

Aaaaw. Your precious symbol was pilfered from the Egyptians and Sumerians also.
Can't you bigots find anything new?
Fck'ng hypocrite!

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569450 Dec 4, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. tell that to the guy in prison who stands 6'3", weights 200# and is getting a BJ from his bitch ..
Also any inmate that engages in homosexual sex acts is also bi. You can't take that action back. One has to be aroused to engage in a voluntary sex act. Will you argue that, too?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569451 Dec 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Hell! Not only that, does that make the victim of the abuse Bisexual? According to RR it would.
Don't you think?
BTW-Where is the great and omnipotent "god" in all this?
No, no, no. I've always kept this topic as voluntary sex, not forcible sex.

And where's God in all of this? Watching, waiting, remembering. Allowing us to do as we will, whether it's harmful, healthy, sinful or good.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#569452 Dec 4, 2012
The Christian church created a hostile workplace for me by selfishly teaching its adherents - most of the town - that I was damaged goods in the eyes of their loving god.
RiversideRedneck wrote:
"Most of the town" berated you for being atheist?
Read it again.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569453 Dec 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
For the most part-yes it is. It is an amalgamated set of allegorical representations that alludes to distant pieces of factual reference that has been elaborated upon, and in many cases, just plain fabricated stories presented as "truths"-which couldn't be farther FROM the "truth". The entire religion suffers from the misappropriation of fact and fiction. A "myth" that has yet to pass to relic.
That's a lot of big words. Why not just say that you think the Bible is all made up?

:)

I do know that some if the Bible's teachings are allegorical and metaphorical. For instance, I don't believe that The Great Flood is a literal story, I think it's a metaphor to teach us fear in God & to set an example of his potential destructive power.

Again, that's my opinion. It always has been.

I don't think that Daniel literally hung out with lions.

I don't think Adam was literally made of dust or Eve a rib.

I don't think the "day" in Genesis is 24 hours.

I think I have a unique perspective on the teachings of the Bible in that I was kinda brought up in a half church, half swinger household. I've seen both sides if the fence and I've chosen one. The path to God.

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569454 Dec 4, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I was born and raised in Ireland. Just so you know.
At least one side of my family can trace itself back to before the arrival of that meddling idiot Patrick.
Ok, I didn't know. Which is why I asked.

Patrick? The starfish?

Since: Sep 10

San Francisco, CA

#569455 Dec 4, 2012
Somewhat ghoulish, but what about it for my new avatar picture?

And here's another one:

A Baptist pastor was presenting a children's sermon. During the sermon, he asked the children if they knew what the resurrection was. Now, asking questions during children's sermons is crucial, but at the same time, asking children questions in front of a congregation can also be very dangerous.

Having asked the children if they knew the meaning of the resurrection, a little boy raised his hand. The pastor called on him and the little boy said,.....
"I know that if you have a resurrection that lasts more than four hours you are supposed to call the doctor."

It took over ten minutes for the congregation to settle down enough from their laughter for the worship service to be continued.

“MEET ROSEMARY-She Seeks Home”

With Established Harem

#569456 Dec 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>Hell! Not only that, does that make the victim of the abuse Bisexual? According to RR it would.
Don't you think?
.. RR doesn't understand situational homosexuality ..
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
BTW-Where is the great and omnipotent "god" in all this?
.. do you mean the warden? He's in his office praying for a BJ ..
headlines

AOL

#569457 Dec 4, 2012

End Time 1-World GOVT -----#---- In Plain View

&fe ature=plcp

Location hidden

#569458 Dec 4, 2012
macumazahn wrote:
<quoted text>I was born and raised in Ireland. Just so you know.
Patrick?

“Ditat Deus”

Location hidden

#569459 Dec 4, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Aaaaw. Your precious symbol was pilfered from the Egyptians and Sumerians also.
Can't you bigots find anything new?
Fck'ng hypocrite!
Well, duh. The fish attracted little suspicion, making it a perfect secret symbol for persecuted believers. Unlike the cross....

I don't find the pagan argument scary. No symbol means the same thing to all people at all times. That early Christians changed an already powerful symbol proves their creativity, not their ignorance, but a tendency to unite.

Since: Sep 10

Sacramento, CA

#569460 Dec 4, 2012
Happy Lesbo wrote:
<quoted text>
.. RR doesn't understand situational homosexuality ..
<quoted text>
.. do you mean the warden? He's in his office praying for a BJ ..
Or somewhere in the cell block, preying for one.

Location hidden

#569461 Dec 4, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No, no, no. I've always kept this topic as voluntary sex, not forcible sex.
And where's God in all of this? Watching, waiting, remembering. Allowing us to do as we will, whether it's harmful, healthy, sinful or good.
Well, It ain't always "voluntary" as you might like to believe in your own "little" world.
And again ---Where in the hell is your omnipotent god in all this injustice?
You know where?---Nowhere---he don't exist-That's why.
You can make believe all you want--- facts is facts-bullshit is bullshit!
Your "god" has NEVER showed up when it was important to anyone who was a total believer or otherwise.

EVER!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min June VanDerMark 568,903
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 min onemale 267,681
Key to Patriot's changes against Seahawks 8 min Doctor REALITY 6
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 14 min Remnant of 144000 39,402
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 18 min Remnant of 144000 607,281
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr Al Capone 5,331
Do white girls like Hispanic guys? (Girls who a... (Jan '14) 1 hr Basque_Spaniards 17
Scientific proof for God's existence 3 hr Ooogah Boogah 660
Dubai massage Body To Body full service 0559... (Mar '14) 10 hr Fred 178
More from around the web