christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#568283 Dec 2, 2012
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, I learned that science doesn't respect things such as proof and evidence. So I am curious as to what evidence you are asking for.
"Science is not about proof", and "there is no literal proof in science", are some of the responses I received when I asked some scientific thinkers about the nature of science and reality.
I have also learned that science does not acknowledge "Purpose". Now GOd is assumed to be Intelligent and intelligent agents act with a sense of purpose or function.
Therefore I doubt that you will ever begin to be able to understand God and His Influence if you fail to acknowledge the reality and value of natural purpose.
But not to shy away from this evidence. I am willing to present what I hold to be evidence that SUPPORTS (not but might not necessarily prove) the reality and existence of God. But as we all know, you cant verify the reality of a thing without knowing and testing its attributes.
So to provided evidence of God for you/to you; I should like to know what attribute or quality of God you are expecting to verify.
God has infinite potential, therefore He has infinite attributes. Just pick an attribute or invent one for yourself and lets examine some evidence for it.
What attribute of God would you want evidence for?
which god do you have evidence for?

www.godchecker.com
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#568284 Dec 2, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Quite true, it could simply be. And this is the reason for study.
I don't agree with "blind faith," and a great majority of the religious seem to have no issues with such a so-called "faith." Of a surety, the religious hierarchy prefers this. But, unlike these religious, I prefer to study "God," to learn all there is to know of "God." And just like evolution and the "Big Bang," many theories are tossed around in these religions, by the religious hierarchy, that the adherents just accept as factual, without any investigation of their own. I believe such willingness to accept any theories as fact is beyond foolish and unprofitable, regardless of the belief system.
It could simply be, but it could simply not be, just as well. But, without personal investigation, how would we know, for sure?
how do you study something thats IMAGINARY?

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#568285 Dec 2, 2012
<quoted text>
THANK GOD FOR YOU, MAN!!!!
Now that we have that established, I shall like for you to expalin to me, an uneducated scrupulous lunatic:
a) Since all physical things are defined by limits; HOW CAN THE UNIVERSE BE PHYSICAL IF IT IS INFINITE?
b)...
your desire for the mystical turns all that you perceive into the mysterious.

it is so only for you

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#568286 Dec 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Well, I learned that science doesn't respect things such as proof and evidence. So I am curious as to what evidence you are asking for.
"Science is not about proof", and "there is no literal proof in science", are some of the responses I received when I asked some scientific thinkers about the nature of science and reality.
I have also learned that science does not acknowledge "Purpose". Now GOd is assumed to be Intelligent and intelligent agents act with a sense of purpose or function.
Therefore I doubt that you will ever begin to be able to understand God and His Influence if you fail to acknowledge the reality and value of natural purpose.
But not to shy away from this evidence. I am willing to present what I hold to be evidence that SUPPORTS (not but might not necessarily prove) the reality and existence of God. But as we all know, you cant verify the reality of a thing without knowing and testing its attributes.
So to provided evidence of God for you/to you; I should like to know what attribute or quality of God you are expecting to verify.
God has infinite potential, therefore He has infinite attributes. Just pick an attribute or invent one for yourself and lets examine some evidence for it.
What attribute of God would you want evidence for?
In my opinion, there is no god or gods, so I can't give an attribute or quality that I would want proved. I was not the one who started the topic, but what I have been looking for is any evidence of a god existing. Much like one might want evidence that a certain planet, which man might one day have theorized but with better telescopes and other techniques he has now proved such an existence.

Once we had some evidence of the existence of a god, then we might define qualities that we would look for in that god, but where do we look when we as yet don't know it exists? I can't accept actions or emotions of humans or natural events as evidence of there being a god, because we have acceptable explanations for all those things on a perfectly natural scientifically proved basis, so that no super entity (assuming a god was super - it would at least have to have some super powers to not be seen yet still act) need exist to explain these things.

If we are to stick to strictly the God of the Bible, Torah, and Quran, which is believed by the various believers to be the same god, then we would seek evidence of things that people look at in their source of knowledge of those gods, which is what man has written down in those books, which so far have proved to be mythical, since nothing in them has proved to be of a supernatural basis, and no evidence has been shown that the accounts were fact rather than fiction.

The problem we have is there are many pieces of information in these various books, but yet not even one minute piece of evidence, that can't be explained without the existence of a god, has yet been found to verify that any of these book were written by their authors as anything other than fiction, myth, allegories, or just ancient legends.

If there were some things that are true, with the advanced technologies we have today, one would reasonably think that, at least something could have been discovered to confirm some passage in those books as having been based on fact. Aside from some perfectly non supernatural events, and places and people that could be the same as written about, but may just be coincidental, man has not found anything.

The only things that science has discovered so far disprove some of the Bible, eg Noah's Flood, recent Creation, virgin births, no evidence or historical writings of the Jews being slaves in Egypt.

It is one thing to prove something did occur, and because of the time period that has passed, that is a big task, but when proof has been found that some claimed event never occurred, then that pretty well proves that particular story is not fact.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#568287 Dec 2, 2012
<quoted text>
Is the thing which causes something to happen, not responsible for causing that thing to happen?
How is it that you cant deduce that "responsible" may be used to be synonymous with "cause"?
Who is responsible for you lack of intelligence and critical thinking skills?
i am not here to teach you English, boy

your lack of education is your own responsibility
christianity is EVIL

Halifax, Canada

#568288 Dec 2, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>And it's attitudes and behaviors (thoughts, actions, reactions, and speech) like your's and karl44's that help this world spiral into such a negative state. So many people become offended when others don't respect their beliefs and opinions, but are quick to disrespect other's beliefs and opinions. Apparently, those with different beliefs and opinions are only accepted and respected if they're beliefs and opinions coincide with yours. Apparently, you're not much of a fan of "freedom of expression."
As to your comment regarding the universe always existing? Then, why did it take so long for this planet to become adequate for life?
heres the answer to your question

www.google.com

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#568289 Dec 2, 2012
christianity is EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>
how do you study something thats IMAGINARY?
That's easy, all you have to do is use your IMAGINATION!

If you ever need any help with that, father christmas and I would love to help.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

#568290 Dec 2, 2012
After 540,000 + posts nothing has changed. The best answer is still nobody knows if God exists and nobody can prove nor disprove existence.

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#568291 Dec 2, 2012
Freebird USA wrote:
After 540,000 + posts nothing has changed. The best answer is still nobody knows if God exists and nobody can prove nor disprove existence.
True enough but some things have been learned.

1. That there are those who claim beyond any doubt that a god exists.

2. That there are those who will use a book of faith - none proven to be the words or thought of any god which might exist- as proof of a god's existence. At best, this is circular logic while at the same time not being logical in any sense.

3. That there are those who will show incredible disregard, contempt and some people even hatred for any and all who don't believe as they do.

4. That there are those who will cherry-pick from and attempt to twist the words found in those books of faith- most notably, the bible.

5. That there are those who refuse to accept the fact that only that which IS can be proven to exist - that one can't prove there isn't a god any more than one can prove there isn't a Santa Claus, a tooth fairy, leprechauns or unicorns- pink or any other color.

6. That there are those who are totally clueless as to the difference between that which is belief/opinion and that which is fact/truth.

Location hidden

#568293 Dec 2, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>True enough but some things have been learned.
1. That there are those who claim beyond any doubt that a god exists.
2. That there are those who will use a book of faith - none proven to be the words or thought of any god which might exist- as proof of a god's existence. At best, this is circular logic while at the same time not being logical in any sense.
3. That there are those who will show incredible disregard, contempt and some people even hatred for any and all who don't believe as they do.
4. That there are those who will cherry-pick from and attempt to twist the words found in those books of faith- most notably, the bible.
5. That there are those who refuse to accept the fact that only that which IS can be proven to exist - that one can't prove there isn't a god any more than one can prove there isn't a Santa Claus, a tooth fairy, leprechauns or unicorns- pink or any other color.
6. That there are those who are totally clueless as to the difference between that which is belief/opinion and that which is fact/truth.
Which one of these categories do I fit into?

Location hidden

#568294 Dec 2, 2012
chippewa_gal wrote:
Could someone tell me how I can find the Native American forums on Topix?
Type it into google

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#568295 Dec 2, 2012
chippewa_gal wrote:
You can type in 'Native Americans' under Search the Top Stories Forum. Have fun.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#568296 Dec 2, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you suggesting that Jesus brought the Kingdom but the Church brought the institution?
Working under the assumption that jesus is a deity, yes. I have no problem with personal faith, or even religion for that matter - but it seems as if religion and political/social interference go hand in hand.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568297 Dec 2, 2012
chippewa_gal wrote:
http://www.topix.com/who/native-american-indi...

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#568298 Dec 2, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Which one of these categories do I fit into?
I don't know you well enough yet to say- hopefully, none of them.

Location hidden

#568299 Dec 2, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
No. I did say "if you were born into a slave owner family...."
<quoted text>
That is subjective & relative.
<quoted text>
Although slaves probably hated it, is say they thought it was normal, yes.
<quoted text>
Moral for them, yes. They don't know any better.
Is is all relative & subjective.
It's not an issue of right & wrong.
So, there is no objective morality, at all? Something can never be truly wrong, it can be right in the appropriate context? Murder can be ok, if society sees it as "normal?"

Location hidden

#568300 Dec 2, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, Carlin's a f_cking idiot.
America doesn't happen by accident or birth.
Why the hell would you quote that?!
You chose to be born here?

Location hidden

#568301 Dec 2, 2012
LowellGuy wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you realize that that means nothing essentially?
What is responsible for the "selection"?
What phenomena, mechanism or process "Selects"?
Are you sure you are the expert I asked for?
You are getting confused by the word "select." It does not have to imply a "selector."

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#568302 Dec 2, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I suspect that a lot of people don't know themselves except if it has become some sort of an issue that they have to take a real serious look at. If there was some sort of a foolproof test of what people believe strong enough to put their lives on the line for, I think we would find a lot of people would be very hesitant to take a stand, either way.
Line up all people against a brick wall facing a row of machine guns pointed at them and tell them that all believers in God, who believe God will do what is best for them, to stand there while the rest can leave but all who stay will get at least 20 bullets in the centre of their body in the lungs and heart area, and I suspect the vast majority would walk away.
Ask the same question of those who don't believe, and tell them that if they feel strongly enough about God existing to stand up for what they believe by taking the bullets, most of them would walk away too.
However, ask them who are 100% sure that they will or won't go to hell after death, and you will find that many people take a different stand than if they are threatened with immediately getting shot.
I personally believe strongly enough that there is no God and no Hell to "risk" my eternal future on (because I don't believe there is a risk), but I would pledge total allegiance to God to stop being shot in the present. I doubt many "Born Agains" would stay for the bullet, if they were asked to pray to God to be saved, and stay.
Exactly! Setting on my couch, in the warm confines of my own home, with no immediate threat of death...I'll say I would take the bullets if given the choice to live or die for my belief in God. stick me against a brick wall with a machine gun pointed at my head...I honestly don't know how I'd react. I know what I'd hope I would do...but I've never been in a such a situation and it'd be a lie if I said I was certain I know how I'd react. I wonder Boooots...how do you comfort people who are dying? I ask because a dear friend of mine just passed away after battling Leukemia for the past four years. she had an eleven year old daughter who is holding on to the idea of seeing her mom in heaven again someday. it's all she has. I believe she will...you do not. How do you explain to that kid that her mom is just dead and there is no more hope? I don't ask that with ill intent. I seriously want to know how atheist deal with loss and comforting others during those times.

“It's all about the struggle”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#568305 Dec 2, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>You are getting confused by the word "select." It does not have to imply a "selector."
You just HAD to contradict Lowell? Really?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 7 min Lost In Transition 602,177
Enabling Telepathic Communication With-In One Mind 11 min Infinite Force 14
Is Michelle Obama a disbarred Attorney? (Mar '09) 11 min JUSTICE SEEKERS A... 76
The REAL reason Oscar Pistorius was sent straig... 12 min Doctor REALITY 8
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 14 min Tony17 548,680
Nine Eleven 22 min Insults Are Easier 140
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 22 min Dave Nelson 230,004
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 33 min Dr_Zorderz 261,676
Have any girls on here had sex with a dog??? (Feb '12) 3 hr chevyguy 127
Do you enjoy seeing your sister nude / naked? (Sep '13) 10 hr MeHere 388

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE