Comments
539,101 - 539,120 of 733,194 Comments Last updated 11 min ago

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#567800 Dec 1, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text> http://www.rationalchristianity.net/slavery_o...
This is from a christian website, so I'm sure it has glossed over some of the worst passages.
But there you are - rules for both slave and master.
Holy fluckin shitballs....

You just can't grasp the concept, can you?

That the stories of slavery in the bible are not related to me or my actions. Or ANY Christians for that matter.

“O'si yo!”

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#567801 Dec 1, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you at all familiar with Youtube, UIC? There is a phenomenal amount of religious videos on there, and many testimonies of Born agains. I even posted a video of my mother singing at church this summer on YT. I wanted the rest of the family who were not with her, as I was, to hear and see it, and I figured that was the best place to put it so all could see it.
yes i am familiar with with Youtube.
i am cautious about ANY website that contains alot of secular stuff.
when it comes to the bible and God, the best place to obtain correct info, is of course in the bible itself.

Location hidden

#567802 Dec 1, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>And you don't think that's absurd? He placed man in a garden, put a tree in the garden, and then gave man certain predispositions which he knew would lead to man eating the fruit of the tree - man does as expected, and then all of humanity is condemned. You think that makes sense?
Perfect sense.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567803 Dec 1, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>You don't have to abandon anything- what you know to be true you only know to be true for YOU.
You are basing what you think is TRUE on nothing more than UNPROVEN BELIEF.
If that floats your boat, so be it- but that really doesn't give you the right to find it "true" that for the BILLIONS in this world who don't believe as you do that they are sinners.
No one said you must agree, but it really is very disrespectful to term those who don't believe as you do "sinners".
And many of those billions in this world would tell you that the only god is ALLAH or BUDDHA, for example.
Does that make them right and you wrong? Nope. It just means you have a different BELIEF system is all.
Would you like someone to call YOU a sinner and a person who engages and frolics in sinful behavior because you believe differently than they do?
I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate it. Do know that as much as your beliefs are "true" to you, there are beliefs of BILLIONS of others which are no less "true" to them.
When all is said and done, they are ALL simply beliefs with no basic in fact as none of the MANY beliefs about who or what god is has been proven to be fact- nor is there any proof that ANY god exists.
Sure- we can talk and even disagree, but why would I really want to bother when you have made the judgement that I am a "sinner"?
i see, so you think God only wrote the bible for me.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#567804 Dec 1, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
you might want to post any such post where i said that.
Why would want her to do that?

Hell, I could do that if I wanted to.

Sometimes, you're better off walking away.

Bully.

Location hidden

#567805 Dec 1, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Ok, since all christians use the cop out that the old testament "doesn't count," here's something from the NT.
What?!? I've never heard a Christian say the OT "doesn't count". Ever.

I'm Christian & I've been trying to explain to you braindeads what the OT had to really say.

Is that your idea of a Christian ignoring the OT??

I deleted the rest of your post because you started off on a wrong premise, I knew you'd end it wrong, too.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567806 Dec 1, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>No- that is not why some beat cancer and some don't....
sigh.......
sure it is.
you have two people side by side both with the same cancer.
neither take treatment, one dies in 2 weeks the other dies 4 months later.
how come they both didn't die at the same time?
because we all have a SPECIFIC appointed time to die.

Location hidden

#567807 Dec 1, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
<quoted text>
*hands you a dollar bill*
Yep, you deserve this one. That was a purty spin.
How do you know what "God" does and doesn't condone? You speak as if you are on an inside track with "God" personally.
How come we haven't seen you on national TV telling everyone what "God" does and doesn't do.
*whispers*
Your arrogance is beginning to show.
I personally don't think you have any clue on what "God" thinks.
But you'll praise the words of men as if they are "God's" through personal opinion.
Is this your stance?
Are you really this incoherent? I give you examples & reasons about what certain scriptures mean and you can't see it as anything other than a "spin"........

I will and DO praise the words of men because they were inspired by God.

Deal with it.

If you really didn't wonder, you wouldn't be here arguing about it.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567808 Dec 1, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
In that case, then UIF, would it not make more sense, to just scrap all our high cost doctors, hospitals, and medications, and research to look for means to fight various diseases, and just let every one die, when God has appointed it, as they will anyway?
no. because God uses Doctors to help people.
it might not be someones time to die, but still they are sick, and medicines and treatments came ease pain, and make the process more tolerable.

Location hidden

#567809 Dec 1, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>WTF? So, does what the bible says immediately become irrelevant as soon as it's written? I would agree with that statement, but coming from a christian, it's strange. Some things still "count," some things "used to count," and it's up to you to decide what's what. Look at the mental gymnastics you have to perform to rationalize your faith.
Do all y'all see good reading skills as "mental gymnastics"?

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567810 Dec 1, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I think there might be an exception to that, UIF, as I think that a good Christian, if they value the rights of others, would refrain from proselyting on a specific web site, where others were trying to discuss a particular topic, such as this one, which is about proof of there being gods or a god, rather than what those gods or god want man to do.
If someone started witnessing every time they got an opportunity, say while in a busy line at the grocery store, when mothers are getting short tempered wanting to get out of there so they can get home to their kids, or while working at an office job, where the boss is paying the people to work 100% of the time, they are at work, and to not get sidetracked into someone spending time trying to sell them some product, or teach them about something which has nothing to do with the work they are doing.
a thread such as this one is a perfect place to share why you know there is a God.

the difference between witnessing in a grocery store line, verse topix is that you don't approach anyone and go right into witnessing, it is somethng that is brought up in a conversation by 2 people. Topix is such a place, cause people come here to exchange ideas.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#567811 Dec 1, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
I deleted the rest of your post because you started off on a wrong premise, I knew you'd end it wrong, too.
This is why you will never understand - anything that contradicts your cherished beliefs is deleted from your vision. You are incapable of approaching objectivity.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567812 Dec 1, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
There is that familiar saying that has been around for a quite a few years now, that 'when the student is ready the teacher will come', or some variation of that. The problem one has on a discussion site, in trying to teach what someone thinks is the right thing, is that the students are not, at that point, ready - especially when they state they are not ready.
I am not teaching.
nor am i preaching.
I am simply telling you and others what i know to be true.

putting the word out there.
what anyone does with it, is between them and God ultimately.

“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#567813 Dec 1, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
God didn't leave a "leave-behind" mark.
Hint: that's because your deity doesn't exist. It's an imagined reality.

“Michin yeoja”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#567814 Dec 1, 2012
United in faith wrote:
<quoted text>
sure it is.
you have two people side by side both with the same cancer.
neither take treatment, one dies in 2 weeks the other dies 4 months later.
how come they both didn't die at the same time?
because we all have a SPECIFIC appointed time to die.
Give it up. You have no basis for your idiotic ramblings.

My 5 year old niece can make a better argument than you and I bet she's much cuter.

Location hidden

#567815 Dec 1, 2012
New Age Spiritual Leader wrote:
New Age wrote:
- Do you disregard that portion of the Bible, and just skip over it, and then make the claim the other parts are still valid?
<quoted text>
Aren't you going to answer this question?
I've answered it. Many times. I guess I'll do it again....

I don't disregard any parts of the bible. I'm just smart enough to understand allegory, metaphor and hidden meanings.

Take leviticus 6:6 for example.

Leviticus 6:6
And he shall bring his trespass offering unto the Lord, a ram without blemish out of the flock, with thy estimation, for a trespass offering, unto the priest.

Do you think that pertains to me at all in a literal sense?

Do you think it has a hidden meaning behind it?

Please don't show that you're so stupid that you can't see past the literal words...

Location hidden

#567817 Dec 1, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>That is not a relative opinion.
As a side note, a christian espousing moral relativism is hilarious to me.
It is a relative opinion.

If you were born into a slave owner family, say 200 years ago, you wouldn't see slavery as anything other than normal, legal and your right to own slaves. You'd go to slave auctions & buy them, you'd have housing for them on your property, etc...

Location hidden

#567818 Dec 1, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Why are you really hiding out in Mexico?
I say tax evasion.

“O'si yo!”

Location hidden

#567819 Dec 1, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Not according to what I have read on here from you and others. Here,in Canada, they are because the law doesn't give them other alternatives. Any who break the law and abuse gays or spread hatred towards gays, then, if caught are subject to the various laws against assault and hate mongering, etc.
but you can spread hate against Christians, the church, the bible or even God Himself and thats ok?

why is it you don't understand the simplest of concepts boots?
it all comes back to the same inital argument with you.
which is: people who believe in God and the bible should not be allowed to live it, discuss it, share it, or oppose something they know is wrong.

that is what you keep falling back on.

telling a gay that homosexuality is wrong according to the bible, is not hate mongering.
if you told me "UIF, i don't believe there is a God based on my own personal thoughts about it." i would not take that as you hating me. So why do you take it as me hating you when i simply state what i believe based on the bible?

Gays are going to do what they want to do regardless.
so if you are so secure in that lifestyle being ok, then what do you care what anyone else says about it?

the atheist foundation (freedom from religion) those people work day and night to tare down anything remotely connected to God.
a town somewhere ( i forget the name) i read about a few days ago, has a 100 year traditional city seal with a cross on it.
those atheist are trying to make them remove it.
petty stupid stuff like that.
if atheists were so sure, and so certain that there is no God then they would not be so overly insecure about it, and deny other people the right to honoring God.

A good example, someone could stick a big old atheist sign up on a road way where i live, and i would look at it, and LAUGH, and shake my head knowing they are wrong, and it would not shake my faith one little bit.
nor would i waste my time trying to have it removed.
because my faith is that strong.
and so everytime atheists go to war over something, you can know they are insecure and unsure of their own unbelief.

Location hidden

#567820 Dec 1, 2012
timn17 wrote:
<quoted text>Nationalism is so strange.
What? Why do you say that?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 2 min Johnny 2,450
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 3 min Pad 539,167
Good bye Michael Sam 7 min Doctor REALITY 3
Last Word + 2 8 min Hannah V 537
Queen Cleopatra was clearly Black. White people... (Aug '10) 19 min andet1987 469
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 19 min Insults Are Easier 258,069
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 26 min Peace_Warrior 600,004
Atheism requires as much faith as religion? (Jul '09) 34 min Patrick 226,389
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr JUDEletePete 118,007
•••
Enter and win $5000

Top Stories People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••