Prove there's a god.

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#568225 Dec 2, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes.
Catcher, for example, is not ugly, Clementine.
I'm more interested in personality than looks! lol

Lol, don't you just love it when people take out of their ass! hehehehe

Location hidden

#568226 Dec 2, 2012
I meant TALK out of their ass! lol

OCB

“What a GLORIOUS day!!!”

Since: Apr 12

Orlando but NYC born & raised

#568227 Dec 2, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Can you give me an example of your bastardized English?
I know, some of you are very hot!
One of the ways is in many words being spelled the American way- such as "color", "behavior", spelling many words with a "z" instead of with an "s"- such as in "realize".

Just a few of many examples of Americans changing the English language- no doubt you can find many more by googling it.

Also the phrase "ugly American" has nothing to do with looks; rather it has everything to do with attitude and behavior- or "behaviour" if you prefer - lol!

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568228 Dec 2, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Okay.
Prove there's a god.
Hm.
Okay...
0+0=0.
But, 1+0=1.
CONCLUSION:
All that exists exists, obviously. And all that exists cannot come from nothing, as not only science, but simple mathematics proves. The very first particle and element has to have 1) an origin and 2) an originator, then. All that exists must have began as a concept before all that exists became a reality.
Well. That was easy.
I guess the question should be altered, perhaps, a little. It's obvious there's a god, or at least something intelligent enough to create the very first element and particle. I guess the most valid question, then, would be: Which is the true "God?"
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Not "which"-but [what]. Only then can one have any basis to proceed.

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#568230 Dec 2, 2012
FYI

Some posters might have read and remember a discussion between Skombolis and me regarding the likelihood of there being intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, part of which turned to a class of microbes called extremophiles - organisms that live in extreme conditions.

These were offered as evidence that life exists wherever it can, and that it is both adaptable and hearty - part of an argument suggesting that life elsewhere in the cosmos was essentially a given.

I just saw this at http://science.nasa.gov/science-news/science-... :

"Nearly 65 feet beneath the icy surface of a remote Antarctic lake, scientists from NASA, the Desert Research Institute (DRI) in Reno, Nev., the University of Illinois at Chicago, and nine other institutions, have uncovered a community of bacteria existing in one of Earth's darkest, saltiest and coldest habitats.

"A briny liquid, which is approximately six times saltier than seawater, percolates throughout the icy environment where the average temperature is minus 8 degrees Fahrenheit.

"Our knowledge of geochemical and microbial processes in lightless icy environments, especially at subzero temperatures, has been mostly unknown up until now."

"This system is probably the best analog we have for possible ecosystems in the subsurface waters of Saturn's moon Enceladus and Jupiter's moon Europa"

Location hidden

#568231 Dec 2, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes they can. I have studied the scriptures in Gurumukhi, rather than reading or listening to people’s interpretations in English.
In Sikh dharma the word for saint is sant or sadhu, it means a person who has the 5 main demons under his control. The five demons/thieves/enemies are sexual desire, anger, greed, emotional attachment and ego. These five, according to Hindu/Sikh scriptures, seem to be the main cause of problems on this earth. If everyone can control these, we would be living in heaven.
Also the “sant/sadhu is a god-conscious being”. To understand what that means, we have to know what god-consciousness is. This is a very hard thing to explain, so instead lets look at the characteristics of such a being;
Shalok:
The True One is on his mind, and the True One is upon his lips.
He sees only the One.
O Nanak, these are the qualities of the God-conscious being.||1||
Ashtapadee:
The God-conscious being is always unattached, as the lotus in the water remains detached. Like the sun, which gives its comfort and warmth to all, the God-conscious being looks upon all alike, like the wind, which blows equally upon the king and the poor beggar. The God-conscious being has a steady patience, like the earth, which is dug up by one, and anointed with sandal paste by another. This is the quality of the God-conscious being: O Nanak, his inherent nature is like a warming fire.||1|| The God-conscious being is the purest of the pure; filth does not stick to water. The God-conscious being's mind is enlightened, like the sky above the earth. To the God-conscious being, friend and foe are the same. The God-conscious being has no egotistical pride. The God-conscious being is the highest of the high. Within his own mind, he is the most humble of all. They alone become God-conscious beings, O Nanak, whom God Himself makes so.||2|| The God-conscious being is the dust of all. The God-conscious being knows the nature of the soul. The God-conscious being shows kindness to all. No evil comes from the God-conscious being. The God-conscious being is always impartial. Nectar rains down from the glance of the God-conscious being. The God-conscious being is free from entanglements.………….
……….O Nanak, to the God-conscious being, bow forever in reverence.
||7||
The God-conscious being is the Creator of the entire world. The God-conscious being lives forever, and does not die. The God-conscious being is the Giver of the way of liberation of the soul. The God-conscious being is the Perfect Supreme Being, who orchestrates all. The God-conscious being is the helper of the helpless. The God-conscious being extends his hand to all. The God-conscious being owns the entire creation. The God-conscious being is himself the Formless Lord. The glory of the God-conscious being belongs to the God-conscious being alone. O Nanak, the God-conscious being is the Lord of all.||8||8||
The concept of God in the Sikh/Hindu/Jain/Buddha dharma is totally different from the Abrahamic ones. God is not a physical being. Believing in God does not mean you keep chanting,“I love God, I love God”, but believing in God should help you become a good person. Even Tony Blair, Saddam Hussein, Osama bin laden, Indira Gandhi etc… believed in the one God, but they’re certainly not God-conscious beings. An atheist who has all those characteristics is also a God-conscious being and they are one with 'God'. Anyway, like I said before they are very rare to find.
HA!
I like it.
It is about as good as it can be explained in limited word of language...at least with our limited view-restricted to the 3rd dimension.
I think that [god] is inappropriate as a description though, as it describes a limited [deity]. What you describe here is not. The limitation is that of the individual realization of the actuality and it's relation to that 3rd dimension(which is not the total reality).
christianity is EVIL

Dartmouth, Canada

#568232 Dec 2, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
Okay.
Prove there's a god.
Hm.
Okay...
0+0=0.
But, 1+0=1.
CONCLUSION:
All that exists exists, obviously. And all that exists cannot come from nothing, as not only science, but simple mathematics proves. The very first particle and element has to have 1) an origin and 2) an originator, then. All that exists must have began as a concept before all that exists became a reality.
Well. That was easy.
I guess the question should be altered, perhaps, a little. It's obvious there's a god, or at least something intelligent enough to create the very first element and particle. I guess the most valid question, then, would be: Which is the true "God?"
Thank you for your time and consideration.
no one except religious nuts claim this Something from Nothing idiocy.

the universe always existed,no gods needed.

if theres god Who created it?

www.evilbible.com

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#568233 Dec 2, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
"Oh, Johnny, I forgot you were standing there. You may go Now"
-Doc Holliday (Tombstone)
I see that our stalker, whoever he is (obviously a regular), even is at you. I know that I get addicted to these sites, but I wonder what brain-dead people, like him, see in being here, other than just to be jerks. I guess I just answered my own question.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#568234 Dec 2, 2012
Clementia wrote:
I meant TALK out of their ass! lol
oh I think you had it correct.

they take it out of their ass when they construct apologetic

Location hidden

#568235 Dec 2, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
FYI
Some posters might have read and remember a discussion between Skombolis and me regarding the likelihood of there being intelligent life elsewhere in the universe, part of which turned to a class of microbes called extremophiles - organisms that live in extreme conditions.
These were offered as evidence that life exists wherever it can, and that it is both adaptable and hearty - part of an argument suggesting that life elsewhere in the cosmos was essentially a given.
"Nearly 65 feet beneath the icy surface of a remote Antarctic lake, scientists from NASA, the Desert Research Institute (DRI) in Reno, Nev., the University of Illinois at Chicago, and nine other institutions, have uncovered a community of bacteria existing in one of Earth's darkest, saltiest and coldest habitats.
"A briny liquid, which is approximately six times saltier than seawater, percolates throughout the icy environment where the average temperature is minus 8 degrees Fahrenheit.
"Our knowledge of geochemical and microbial processes in lightless icy environments, especially at subzero temperatures, has been mostly unknown up until now."
"This system is probably the best analog we have for possible ecosystems in the subsurface waters of Saturn's moon Enceladus and Jupiter's moon Europa"
Ya!
I think all the "stuff" has always been there/here. It just hasn't all been "discovered" yet.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568236 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
in a mannor that all of his children would understand.
tell me why is it that a god would give faith and understanding to an empty vessel like yourself but not to honorable persons?
Who is truly honourable?

It is an empty vessel like myself that is truly honourable. The emptiest vessel is one with the greatest honour, for it has the capacity to be filled with infinite things.

But no one tries to full a vessel that is already filled; because there is little or no room for more.

He who seeks knowledge begins from a point of humility, i.e. accepting his emptiness. Through humility one empties himself in preparation to be "filled".

Why would God waste time trying to fill a vessel that is already "full of itself"?

Location hidden

#568237 Dec 2, 2012
Truth signed in wrote:
<quoted text>
I assume they believed they were. I really can't answer that Karl. All I know is I've personally seen it happen several times...both ways. hence...my reason for stating...people really don't have it all figured out. People change their beliefs everyday...events effect our thoughts and emotions....and we change how we view things. Being an atheist isn't like being born white or black for Pete's sake. What do you mean they weren't a TRUE atheist? What exactly is a true atheist? Are there false ones out there? Or maybe they're hypocritical atheist...lol...I don't know Karl...it's a crazy world...never know why people believe what they believe or don't believe.
I suspect that a lot of people don't know themselves except if it has become some sort of an issue that they have to take a real serious look at. If there was some sort of a foolproof test of what people believe strong enough to put their lives on the line for, I think we would find a lot of people would be very hesitant to take a stand, either way.

Line up all people against a brick wall facing a row of machine guns pointed at them and tell them that all believers in God, who believe God will do what is best for them, to stand there while the rest can leave but all who stay will get at least 20 bullets in the centre of their body in the lungs and heart area, and I suspect the vast majority would walk away.

Ask the same question of those who don't believe, and tell them that if they feel strongly enough about God existing to stand up for what they believe by taking the bullets, most of them would walk away too.

However, ask them who are 100% sure that they will or won't go to hell after death, and you will find that many people take a different stand than if they are threatened with immediately getting shot.

I personally believe strongly enough that there is no God and no Hell to "risk" my eternal future on (because I don't believe there is a risk), but I would pledge total allegiance to God to stop being shot in the present. I doubt many "Born Agains" would stay for the bullet, if they were asked to pray to God to be saved, and stay.

Location hidden

#568238 Dec 2, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
FYI
apparently, "we" have detected the presence of organics on Mercury.

the "article" speculated that comet strikes were the origin (on Mercury)--- and the "likely origin on earth"

Location hidden

#568239 Dec 2, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
HA!
I like it.
It is about as good as it can be explained in limited word of language...at least with our limited view-restricted to the 3rd dimension.
I think that [god] is inappropriate as a description though, as it describes a limited [deity]. What you describe here is not. The limitation is that of the individual realization of the actuality and it's relation to that 3rd dimension(which is not the total reality).
Thanks for confusing me! lol

You're right, the word God in English is very strange to me, I don't even know what it means. That's why I hate translations of religious books, they always get it wrong.

God-conscious being = brahm(Our name for 'God') giani in our language. Brahm is in simple words consciousness and giani means knowledgeable. I hope that makes sense.

Location hidden

#568240 Dec 2, 2012
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
Who is truly honourable?
It is an empty vessel like myself that is truly honourable. The emptiest vessel is one with the greatest honour, for it has the capacity to be filled with infinite things.
But no one tries to full a vessel that is already filled; because there is little or no room for more.
He who seeks knowledge begins from a point of humility, i.e. accepting his emptiness. Through humility one empties himself in preparation to be "filled".
Why would God waste time trying to fill a vessel that is already "full of itself"?
nice spin buddy

I admire quick wit, and for a religitard, that was pretty good.

If you think there is wisdom in the abrahamic gods, you have not applied your intellect, you have only used your empty vessel of fear

Location hidden

#568241 Dec 2, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>One of the ways is in many words being spelled the American way- such as "color", "behavior", spelling many words with a "z" instead of with an "s"- such as in "realize".
Just a few of many examples of Americans changing the English language- no doubt you can find many more by googling it.
Also the phrase "ugly American" has nothing to do with looks; rather it has everything to do with attitude and behavior- or "behaviour" if you prefer - lol!
Whatever spellchecker is running on my pc finds my spelling wrong for a lot of words I spell, which always makes me stop and wonder if someone is going to catch me here for being a bad speller. I go both British and American on some words as I find American is shorter.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568242 Dec 2, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How about for a starter one shred of evidence that any of the beliefs in a god that exist now, or have existed in the past, were based on even a speck of true fact. I am not the one claiming there is a god, and I can't prove something, that doesn't exist, doesn't exist, so the ball is really in your court if you want to participate here.
All I can do is look at whatever evidence you provide and give my opinion on its possibility or lack of possibility of being a clue. Many of the claims, in fact all of the claims, made on this site so far, have been refuted, so we are still yet to have our first bit of evidence to actually examine.
I am not trying to be sarcastic or a smart aleck about that either, as it is actually what has so far happened on this site. However most of the time here has been throwing insults back and forth, which has nothing to do with the topic.
Well, I learned that science doesn't respect things such as proof and evidence. So I am curious as to what evidence you are asking for.

"Science is not about proof", and "there is no literal proof in science", are some of the responses I received when I asked some scientific thinkers about the nature of science and reality.

I have also learned that science does not acknowledge "Purpose". Now GOd is assumed to be Intelligent and intelligent agents act with a sense of purpose or function.

Therefore I doubt that you will ever begin to be able to understand God and His Influence if you fail to acknowledge the reality and value of natural purpose.

But not to shy away from this evidence. I am willing to present what I hold to be evidence that SUPPORTS (not but might not necessarily prove) the reality and existence of God. But as we all know, you cant verify the reality of a thing without knowing and testing its attributes.

So to provided evidence of God for you/to you; I should like to know what attribute or quality of God you are expecting to verify.

God has infinite potential, therefore He has infinite attributes. Just pick an attribute or invent one for yourself and lets examine some evidence for it.

What attribute of God would you want evidence for?
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568243 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
nice spin buddy
I admire quick wit, and for a religitard, that was pretty good.
If you think there is wisdom in the abrahamic gods, you have not applied your intellect, you have only used your empty vessel of fear
I am afraid I cant appreciate your sentiments if I am not given your justifications for making them.

But I must correct you on one thing; it is by releasing and ridding yourself of literal fear that you will begin to find the wisdom of God.

No fearful and coward mind can exercise the level of trust and courage it requires to act according to the Word of a being that you cant even see nor touch nor verify with your senses.

I actually used my empty vessel of all kinds of courage. Courage to believe at the risk of being ridiculed by my fellow men, courage to "launch out into the deep" without knowing if the Power I trust in will be there to save me.

Location hidden

#568244 Dec 2, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confusing me! lol
You're right, the word God in English is very strange to me, I don't even know what it means. That's why I hate translations of religious books, they always get it wrong.
God-conscious being = brahm(Our name for 'God') giani in our language. Brahm is in simple words consciousness and giani means knowledgeable. I hope that makes sense.
Yes, it does.[Brahman]
[God] tends to allude to the Christian myth rather than the "generic" application of the highest element.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568245 Dec 2, 2012
homosexuality if EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>First, I get your point. However, there are two types of atheists: one, who is not really an atheist, but really an agnostic. He admits that he does not know, and is willing to listen and learn about God. Now, there is the other type, who is usually gay or a gay supporter, this atheist needs God not to exist, so he/she can validate their existence. Yes, it is indeed a morality issue and that is why they often ask for proof that there is no God, but ask that it be done without scripture.
I can see what you mean.

I guess it is necessary to distinguish between the two types of atheists.

But something catches my eye and I find it quite strange. Why is it that all the persons who support evolution theory, are tolerant of homosexuality.

I have never yet seen an supporter of evolution theory that disapproves of homosexual practices. I find that a bit odd. That observation kinda suggests that you are right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 3 min Joe Fortuna 38,270
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 4 min RoSesz 641,616
Poll Is homosexuality a sin? (Oct '07) 5 min Annaleigh 104,708
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 13 min good true observa... 618,402
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 20 min onemale 280,894
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 23 min good true observa... 44,391
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 29 min X Pendable 182,288
More from around the web