Prove there's a god.

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#568241 Dec 2, 2012
OCB wrote:
<quoted text>One of the ways is in many words being spelled the American way- such as "color", "behavior", spelling many words with a "z" instead of with an "s"- such as in "realize".
Just a few of many examples of Americans changing the English language- no doubt you can find many more by googling it.
Also the phrase "ugly American" has nothing to do with looks; rather it has everything to do with attitude and behavior- or "behaviour" if you prefer - lol!
Whatever spellchecker is running on my pc finds my spelling wrong for a lot of words I spell, which always makes me stop and wonder if someone is going to catch me here for being a bad speller. I go both British and American on some words as I find American is shorter.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568242 Dec 2, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
How about for a starter one shred of evidence that any of the beliefs in a god that exist now, or have existed in the past, were based on even a speck of true fact. I am not the one claiming there is a god, and I can't prove something, that doesn't exist, doesn't exist, so the ball is really in your court if you want to participate here.
All I can do is look at whatever evidence you provide and give my opinion on its possibility or lack of possibility of being a clue. Many of the claims, in fact all of the claims, made on this site so far, have been refuted, so we are still yet to have our first bit of evidence to actually examine.
I am not trying to be sarcastic or a smart aleck about that either, as it is actually what has so far happened on this site. However most of the time here has been throwing insults back and forth, which has nothing to do with the topic.
Well, I learned that science doesn't respect things such as proof and evidence. So I am curious as to what evidence you are asking for.

"Science is not about proof", and "there is no literal proof in science", are some of the responses I received when I asked some scientific thinkers about the nature of science and reality.

I have also learned that science does not acknowledge "Purpose". Now GOd is assumed to be Intelligent and intelligent agents act with a sense of purpose or function.

Therefore I doubt that you will ever begin to be able to understand God and His Influence if you fail to acknowledge the reality and value of natural purpose.

But not to shy away from this evidence. I am willing to present what I hold to be evidence that SUPPORTS (not but might not necessarily prove) the reality and existence of God. But as we all know, you cant verify the reality of a thing without knowing and testing its attributes.

So to provided evidence of God for you/to you; I should like to know what attribute or quality of God you are expecting to verify.

God has infinite potential, therefore He has infinite attributes. Just pick an attribute or invent one for yourself and lets examine some evidence for it.

What attribute of God would you want evidence for?
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568243 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
nice spin buddy
I admire quick wit, and for a religitard, that was pretty good.
If you think there is wisdom in the abrahamic gods, you have not applied your intellect, you have only used your empty vessel of fear
I am afraid I cant appreciate your sentiments if I am not given your justifications for making them.

But I must correct you on one thing; it is by releasing and ridding yourself of literal fear that you will begin to find the wisdom of God.

No fearful and coward mind can exercise the level of trust and courage it requires to act according to the Word of a being that you cant even see nor touch nor verify with your senses.

I actually used my empty vessel of all kinds of courage. Courage to believe at the risk of being ridiculed by my fellow men, courage to "launch out into the deep" without knowing if the Power I trust in will be there to save me.

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568244 Dec 2, 2012
Clementia wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks for confusing me! lol
You're right, the word God in English is very strange to me, I don't even know what it means. That's why I hate translations of religious books, they always get it wrong.
God-conscious being = brahm(Our name for 'God') giani in our language. Brahm is in simple words consciousness and giani means knowledgeable. I hope that makes sense.
Yes, it does.[Brahman]
[God] tends to allude to the Christian myth rather than the "generic" application of the highest element.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568245 Dec 2, 2012
homosexuality if EVIL wrote:
<quoted text>First, I get your point. However, there are two types of atheists: one, who is not really an atheist, but really an agnostic. He admits that he does not know, and is willing to listen and learn about God. Now, there is the other type, who is usually gay or a gay supporter, this atheist needs God not to exist, so he/she can validate their existence. Yes, it is indeed a morality issue and that is why they often ask for proof that there is no God, but ask that it be done without scripture.
I can see what you mean.

I guess it is necessary to distinguish between the two types of atheists.

But something catches my eye and I find it quite strange. Why is it that all the persons who support evolution theory, are tolerant of homosexuality.

I have never yet seen an supporter of evolution theory that disapproves of homosexual practices. I find that a bit odd. That observation kinda suggests that you are right.

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#568246 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
your consciousness experiences a beginning, reality is a continuum, the universe has existed for all time
You're only repeating yet another theory 1) devised by your gods and 2) not even agreed upon by the majority of them. It's just another theory thrown in the air with the hope that someone will catch it.

The fact of the matter is, all that exists, perhaps other than the one that caused all to come into existence, has to have a point of origin. If not, then of a surety, none would even try to conceive any measurable time of man's origins, or life as we know it, in general. It seems improbable, to me, that this earth has been here without any point of origin, but only became adequate for life some 3.8 billion years ago.

The fact of the matter is, some refuse to believe that any other stands as superior to us, as more intelligent, or more powerful. Many, without any evidence proving either/or, rejects the mere possibility that extra-terrestrial beings exist, and for the same reasons.

The horror of it all.

Since: Jul 09

Location hidden

#568247 Dec 2, 2012
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
I am afraid I cant appreciate your sentiments if I am not given your justifications for making them.
But I must correct you on one thing; it is by releasing and ridding yourself of literal fear that you will begin to find the wisdom of God.
No fearful and coward mind can exercise the level of trust and courage it requires to act according to the Word of a being that you cant even see nor touch nor verify with your senses.
I actually used my empty vessel of all kinds of courage. Courage to believe at the risk of being ridiculed by my fellow men, courage to "launch out into the deep" without knowing if the Power I trust in will be there to save me.
the god you build with that delusion, will reflect your fears and desires.

It will be a "personal" god, which only you will understand, you will employ this as evidence of your worthiness.

Drop me a line, if being ridiculed makes you feel more worthy.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568248 Dec 2, 2012
All I am seeing in your post is absurd elitism.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree, it is my opinion that religious (superstitious) explanation may have served some evolutionary function. I also think we are evolving away from that now.
<quoted text>
Ever since religious concepts were first put forward, there were doubters and sceptics. It is pressures (of one form or another)that drive evolution; therefore your doubting and advocating against spirituality and spiritual beliefs are merely creating the pressures necessary to transform religious beliefs into something more powerful.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
I see you read and understand poorly. No surprise, low intellect is a hallmark of religious belief.
<quoted text>
I would have preferred if you indicated my error instead of attacking my character. Now look what you have achieved; NOTHING.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes evolution is a fact, that fact is explained by the theory of evolution ( ToE).

I thought facts were responsible for explaining theory. But never mind. That is all the more reason why you should not assert your claims, because you are merely ATTEMPTING to interpret fact in a way that is convenient to you, through ToE.

[QUOTE who="karl44"]<quo ted text>
<quoted text>
It is complex, and not only do I not owe you an education, it is unlikely that you possess sufficient education (or intellect) to understand the explanation.
<quoted text>

The rest of your responses were so vague I didnt see the point in responding to them; please forgive me.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568249 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
the god you build with that delusion, will reflect your fears and desires.
I agree 1000%
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
It will be a "personal" god, which only you will understand, you will employ this as evidence of your worthiness.
Yet there is nothing that prevents you from taking something real and objective personally. Therefore it is not the problem does not lie in the personalness with which you take/make God. The issue is with the reality on which your conceptions are formed. So lets try to focus on what is real about God first.
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
Drop me a line, if being ridiculed makes you feel more worthy.
Having the courage to ridicule myself when I am able to see the ridiculousness of my thoughts makes me feel worthy to be called a man of integrity. Is the line "dropped" now?
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568250 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
<quoted text>
how about he does some chit, like he use to....
or how about a blow-job from christ
you know
something a skeptic could believe
A sceptic is one who criticises what he is told, but is willing to beleive if he is presentied with substancial evidence.

Yet there are people who criticise not because they know the value of scepticicsm, but simply because they hate what is being introduced to them. Criticims becomes a form of "passive resistance" for them.

It makes no sense to argue with a person who resists for the mere sake of resistance, so dont let me waste my time.

What are you truly: are you a critical thinker or a resistor of what you don't like?

“Become Love!”

Since: Jan 09

Nowhere/Now here

#568251 Dec 2, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
Not "which"-but [what]. Only then can one have any basis to proceed.
Excellent point. In that, I think it's wise to ponder both questions rather than just one, while not preferring one over the other, either. However, our religions seem to agree that this "God" is an intelligent being.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568252 Dec 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we are open to listen to your alternate theory, but please try to stick to plausibility and leave out stupid stuff.
We are all ears... splain away.....
It better not start off "in the beginning" ....just saying?
My theory is not very different from evolution. My theory regards a certain Law of Equality (L.O.E.- kinda sounds like the Hebrew word for "My God", doesnt it).

It is quite a mentalistic view of things, one might say it is my own attempt to impose logic and order on the universe; but its all the same, because it is the universe that introduced the concepts of logic and order into my brain. BTW, that is all that spirituality is basically: a mentalistic view of the universe.

Anyway, the L.O.E. simply suggests that all things move from a place of high concentration to low concentration; from where they are to where they are not, under the influence of a positive "Force" until there is uniformity.

As such, everything that exists now and will exist, already existed. It is the influence of the "Positive Force" which moves things from non-existence to existence (and they just might return to non-existence)... there is more, but I should like to see if you take interest in what I have said so far, even for the sake of criticizing it.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#568253 Dec 2, 2012
Clementia wrote:
I meant TALK out of their ass! lol
Jim Carey used to do that...it wasn't so funny to me , but some people thought it was.
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568254 Dec 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text> Why are guys in your forum are like stupid or something?
I will let you decide:

http://www.topix.com/forum/news/evolution/TFA...
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish

Kingston, Jamaica

#568255 Dec 2, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
My opinion about evolution is as an expert. Your opinion on evolution is as a lay person with religious beliefs. The two are not equal, I'm afraid. Your opinion is, of course, more interesting than a creationists' opinion.
For a person who would appear so intellectually inclined; your responses are quite riddled with fallacies. Nevertheless, I should like to ask an expert:

What is natural selection?

And since natural processes have no goals (as some would say); how do you know that there is "selection" in nature?

“ Ah see's lanlubbers Cap'n BT!”

Since: Oct 10

Location hidden

#568256 Dec 2, 2012
Brother Lee Love wrote:
<quoted text>Excellent point. In that, I think it's wise to ponder both questions rather than just one, while not preferring one over the other, either. However, our religions seem to agree that this "God" is an intelligent being.
Which, in and of itself, could simply be a misinterpretation(misunderstan ding) of previous ideology or evidence which preceded the present evolution of the dogma of present.

“Proud Member”

Since: Dec 10

The Basket of Deplorables

#568257 Dec 2, 2012
Evil-lotion is Rub-ish wrote:
<quoted text>
For a person who would appear so intellectually inclined; your responses are quite riddled with fallacies. Nevertheless, I should like to ask an expert:
What is natural selection?
And since natural processes have no goals (as some would say); how do you know that there is "selection" in nature?

Because some die before reproducing , the survivors who reproduce are "selected". It's a simple mathematical equation , the environment is hostile and hard to survive in. Those that do are
selected to do so by natural means.

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#568258 Dec 2, 2012
karl44 wrote:
the universe has existed for all time
Since time had a beginning then the universe is finite.''The solution for the riddle of life in space and time lies outside space and time.'' Ludwig Wittgenstein, Tractatus Logico-Philosophicus. Intro by Bertrand Russell. 184. English version.
LowellGuy

Kingston, Jamaica

#568259 Dec 2, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Because some die before reproducing , the survivors who reproduce are "selected". It's a simple mathematical equation , the environment is hostile and hard to survive in. Those that do are
selected to do so by natural means.
Do you realize that that means nothing essentially?

What is responsible for the "selection"?

What phenomena, mechanism or process "Selects"?

Are you sure you are the expert I asked for?

Since: Oct 12

Location hidden

#568260 Dec 2, 2012
Black Thunder 42 wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, it does.[Brahman]
[God] tends to allude to the Christian myth rather than the "generic" application of the highest element.
Oh ok, I think I kinda get that!:-)

What is your belief?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 1 min Rider on the Storm 183,467
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 1 min confrinting with ... 658,967
Should Black People Forgive White People for Sl... (Jun '07) 7 min crucifiedguy 5,088
The Christian Atheist debate (Jun '15) 8 min Rider on the Storm 71,163
News Reason to cringe: Female voters react to Trump 40 min Rider on the Storm 290
14k Jewelry Hallmark b within a square 52 min bjintexas 1
Play "end of the word" part 2 (Dec '15) 1 hr Poppyann 3,049
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 3 hr who 283,031
More from around the web