“Credulity is not a virtue”

Since: Apr 09

San Francisco

#567616 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
My mans calander is achy.
What should I do?
Have you been abusing your mans calander again? Off to the pharmacy with you then!

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567617 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
See how this works? You [OCB] never once jumped Kaitlyn for telling me to go swallow razor blades
That was a metaphor.

“Is that all you've got?”

Since: Jun 10

Location hidden

#567618 Nov 30, 2012
It aint necessarily so wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm sure you've had quite a few such situations. And it's no wonder why. If you mouth off in meat space like you do here, you're lucky to still be alive.
Too bad you haven't been in the same predicaments I've been in. At least then you would have a reason for being so vile. It's just a tad hypocritical of you to expect me to be polite after all of the abuse you and your crew have dished out to me.
You are an A-1, typical asshole that blames a victim for being hurt.
I was barely 13 the first time I was accosted by a grown man and when I tried to fight him off he back-handed me so hard I was afraid he had broken my neck. Yeah, like I was asking to be assaulted by someone I'd never seen or spoke to before then. I do, truly hope someone does the same to you before you die. It might give you some perspective.

San Francisco

#567619 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Bad examples.
Exactly what evil do I justify?
I've never condoned slavery.
Try again?
So if you think slavery is bad, yet the Bible supports it...

“Life may be sweeter for this”

Since: Nov 08

Fennario

#567620 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
looking forward to getting lucky at the bars in Southeast Asia
Manoanatomy's ...

Favorite Song: I Want To Skank You For Letting Me Be Myself
Favorite Movie: Young Skankenstein
Favorite Singer: Skank Williams, Jr.
Favorite TV show: Skanky And Our Gang.

San Francisco

#567621 Nov 30, 2012
<quoted text>
Bien bien. How about a visit? We'll show you around. You might like it.
I'm sure I'd like it. Especially when it's cold here. ;) We just came back from a trip to London and Berlin, two cities that I really like, but never in November again! Brrrrr.

We keep planning to retire to France someday, but honestly I think there is much to be said in retiring to Mexico instead. Warm weather, warm people, good food, and I'm presuming a very good standard of living vs cost.

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#567622 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>That's disgusting and a quick way to get your butt kicked.
Showering with the wrestling team is a quick way to get my butt kicked? WTF are you talking about?

Location hidden

#567623 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Didn't play sports and showering after PE was optional.
So you got away with stinking up the next class you went to? Lucky you. xD
I couldn't risk being called out on being the only girl who wouldn't shower in public.
Damn peer pressure!

Location hidden

#567624 Nov 30, 2012
<quoted text>
That was a metaphor.
BS.

Location hidden

#567625 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Oops. Sold. You want to go out for coffee or something?
You sold one?!?!

San Francisco

#567626 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad you haven't been in the same predicaments I've been in. At least then you would have a reason for being so vile. It's just a tad hypocritical of you to expect me to be polite after all of the abuse you and your crew have dished out to me.
Followed immediately by...
I was barely 13 the first time I was accosted by a grown man and when I tried to fight him off he back-handed me so hard I was afraid he had broken my neck. Yeah, like I was asking to be assaulted by someone I'd never seen or spoke to before then. I do, truly hope someone does the same to you before you die. It might give you some perspective.
Talk about myopia.

So you were treated badly, and that's your excuse for being an a-hole yourself. And you probably don't see how pathetic that is, just as you can't seem to understand why people give you back what you dish out.

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#567627 Nov 30, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>lol! I'm not sure what an "Oprah/Obama Christian" is. But my brain is mush today so I don't know what the hell I'm posting today.
I messed up my back a few days ago and the muscle relaxers are messing with my thought processes. Feel free to consider me whatever you'd like. That's your right.
I'll probably look back on my posts tomorrow and say "Did I say that!" Lol!
Peace Waaaasssup!
get well, partner:)

Location hidden

#567628 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
It does?...
Would you please tell me where it says in the bible how *"I"*(a Christian) should be a proper slave master.
http://www.rationalchristianit y.net/slavery_ot.html#scrip

This is from a christian website, so I'm sure it has glossed over some of the worst passages.

But there you are - rules for both slave and master.

Location hidden

#567629 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
That was His plan....
And you don't think that's absurd? He placed man in a garden, put a tree in the garden, and then gave man certain predispositions which he knew would lead to man eating the fruit of the tree - man does as expected, and then all of humanity is condemned. You think that makes sense?

“let's do this thang!”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#567630 Nov 30, 2012
River Tam wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would I have a problem with your sexual activities?
What kind of sex does your god have? Has he been celibate since Mary or did he invent condoms after that? That was natural sex, huh?
is your eternal soul worth rebelling against God over a few short years of S E X???

Location hidden

#567631 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm very happy that you moved to Mexico.
America doesn't need your kind.
You're right; he doesn't belong here.

“What are you looking at?”

Since: Jan 08

Albuquerque, NM

#567632 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
The laws about slavery don't apply but the moral of the stories do. Keep that in mind.
Just like paying 50 shekels doesn't apply anymore....
*waves a dollar bill*

You really like to spin, huh?

Where is the morality, when beating a "slave"? Let alone beating anyone?

What is the lesson that is still valid?

If it isn't valid, then it is invalid.

Sounds like a re-write is needed in "Act I"

Location hidden

#567633 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup. That was a rule written for the Levites...
Not me.
Try again?
I did ask about """"" ME """"" owning & caring for a slave, right?
Ok, since all christians use the cop out that the old testament "doesn't count," here's something from the NT. From wiki:

In several Pauline epistles, and the First Epistle of Peter, slaves are admonished to obey their masters, as to the Lord, and not to men;[83][84][85][86][87] however Masters were told to serve their slaves "in the same way"[88] and "even better" as "brothers",[89] to not threaten them as God is their Master as well.
The Epistle to Philemon has become an important text in regard to slavery; it was used by pro-slavery advocates as well as by abolitionists.[19][90] In the epistle, Paul writes that he is returning Onesimus, a fugitive slave, back to his master Philemon; however, Paul also entreats Philemon to regard Onesimus, who he says he views as a son, not as a slave but as a beloved brother in Christ. Philemon is requested to treat Onesimus as he would treat Paul.[91]

Does that not constitute a tacit admission that slavery is OK? If not, why give instructions on it instead of condemning it?

Since: Sep 10

Sacramento, CA

#567634 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Too bad you haven't been in the same predicaments I've been in. At least then you would have a reason for being so vile. It's just a tad hypocritical of you to expect me to be polite after all of the abuse you and your crew have dished out to me.
Because you've been in predicaments, you believe that you have rights to which others aren't entitled?

And this includes the right to wish that somebody else suffer physical harm?

I'm sorry for your predicaments, but more sorry that they have turned you into such a sorry person.

It's probably too late now, but therapy/counseling might have done you a world of good.

Location hidden

#567635 Nov 30, 2012
wilderide wrote:
<quoted text>
You remember no such thing. I've never even been to Southeast Asia.
<quoted text>
Please stop being such a miserable hag.
Yes, I do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 5 min Ice-9 268,804
Wake up, Black America!! (Sep '13) 8 min Tony17 5,455
Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 18 min marge 573,719
Is President Obama Really Christian? 51 min Unga Bunga Malung... 92
Play "end of the word" (Jan '11) 1 hr WasteWater 5,537
Jehovah's Witnesses are true disciple of Jesus ... (Mar '07) 1 hr His Holines dr Sh... 39,588
Moses never existed 1 hr KiMare 1,249
Why Should Jesus Love Me? (Feb '08) 2 hr His Holines dr Sh... 608,133
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 8 hr Arul 5,623
How do I ask my dad for sex? (Oct '13) 18 hr Mille1234 93
More from around the web