“Why does my ignorance”

Since: Mar 11

justify your deity?

#567710 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Gee, I wonder what happened to Bob?
He got smart and does something else now.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#567711 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
No, he isn't Hiding.
Hiding was last spotted out in Hong Kong.
:)

Safely back in Tokyo now!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#567712 Nov 30, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Errr.... "Relevant" dang!
Never!

Never a relevant dang!

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#567713 Nov 30, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that sex is one of the main staples of human existence, why would a person put their eternal soul, which there is no evidence to suggest it exists, ahead of life, that they have now?
Sometimes I wonder if people post those kinds of comments here, just to get someone to argue with them, or are they so uninformed that they really believe what they are saying?
Is it really logical and rational that we are born to spend our lives preparing ourselves for how our 'souls' will exist after we are dead? If the ultimate is a soul in eternity in some sort of imaginary paradise, then why not just have souls that go immediately to the final place, and skip all this earthly stuff?
Could our forefathers, who dreamed up these scenarios, have found their lives so meaningless, that the only way they could cope was to imagine that they would have something better when they died?
I am asking the questions, but I don't know the answers, nor does anyone else, though many claim to have the whole thing figured out.
That was a good post, Booots.

Point of contention: we know the answers. It's stupid to imagine a deity is concerned with our sex lives and that the social stigma attached to behavior will follow us into the afterlife. These are social rules that exist to reinforce cultural values, norms and mores - to create social hierarchies with which we can place people.

They have nothing to do with an afterlife and everything to do with in group/out group.

“ Knight Of Hyrule”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#567714 Nov 30, 2012
Catcher1 wrote:
<quoted text>
I made an attempt to be friendly.
I saw nothing wrong with that.
I have learned my lesson, don't worry.

Not without wearing your codpiece I hope catcher!

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#567715 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>It is funny that boooots claims that "debating" is what he does here.
>:]
No, I don't claim that debating is what "I" do here, because since I came here this place has been a constant attack and defend situation, which was occurring before I came.

I would like to see some serious debate.

I am also very concerned about the harm and hurt that you have suffered in your life, and I hope you can resolve some of the issues so that those old wounds heal.

I have been very seriously mentally ill, and am still diagnosed as chronically suffering from the same illnesses, but I have been stable for about 12-13 years, and I hope that will continue for the rest of my life.

I had one of the worst life experiences I would have ever imagined happen to me, just 6 years ago, and I did not relapse during that, so I think I might be able to handle most other things that life throws at me. To date my experience in 2006 was the worst event of my life, 2nd only to the relatively sudden and tragic death of my brother in 1963. I have recovered from both of those events, and I do not ever want to endure again what I went through either time.

I hope that you can heal from your tragic event, and perhaps find some humanity within you so that you can again treat others with some form of kindness.

No man should ever treat a woman the way that man treated you, and though I am a man, and I have faced many temptations to take advantage of the vulnerability of a woman less physically strong than me, I never did that, nor would I ever want to.

Even if you support the believers on this site, and don't agree with the non-believers, we are all human beings, and we all have a right to be treated the same. This is a discussion site; it is not a battle zone.

Location hidden

#567716 Nov 30, 2012
nanoanomaly wrote:
<quoted text>Yes, you are.
And what makes you think your "reaching out" was welcome? You need a reality check.
Whoever, you are, are you so full of hate, that you can't speak civilly to another fellow human being?

Since: Sep 10

Long Beach, CA

#567717 Nov 30, 2012
Aura Mytha wrote:
<quoted text>
Not without wearing your codpiece I hope catcher!
Hahaha, I didn't think of that.

My advances may have been quickly accepted.

Location hidden

#567718 Nov 30, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
Errr.... "Relevant" dang!
Doesn't that really irk you when you make a profound comment, and make spelling errors? It does me when I do it.

Location hidden

#567719 Nov 30, 2012
Al Garcia wrote:
<quoted text>
How so? And is that a good thing????
I was wondering the same thing. He is known as an attractive man, and a great actor, but he also had a period when he sort of got a reputation because he was caught and reported soliciting a prostitute, which should have been no one's business other than his and the prostitute. My curiosity is aroused as to which part of him you remind him/her of.:)
Anon

Lakewood, OH

#567720 Nov 30, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
Considering that sex is one of the main staples of human existence, why would a person put their eternal soul, which there is no evidence to suggest it exists, ahead of life, that they have now?
Sometimes I wonder if people post those kinds of comments here, just to get someone to argue with them, or are they so uninformed that they really believe what they are saying?
Is it really logical and rational that we are born to spend our lives preparing ourselves for how our 'souls' will exist after we are dead? If the ultimate is a soul in eternity in some sort of imaginary paradise, then why not just have souls that go immediately to the final place, and skip all this earthly stuff?
Could our forefathers, who dreamed up these scenarios, have found their lives so meaningless, that the only way they could cope was to imagine that they would have something better when they died?
I am asking the questions, but I don't know the answers, nor does anyone else, though many claim to have the whole thing figured out.
Good stuff...

“I speak my mind”

Since: Sep 10

It hurts to bite my tongue

#567721 Nov 30, 2012
boooots wrote:
<quoted text>
I've found, that during times of grief, you will often find out just how little most people really have things figured out. When faced with death or the death of a loved one, atheist will often seek God and Christians will often deny Him. Most people truly don't have it all figured out at all Booots.

“I Am No One Else”

Since: Apr 12

Seattle

#567722 Nov 30, 2012
RiversideRedneck wrote:
<quoted text>
For the same reason we hide a lot if things from kids, they're kids.... To protect them & let them enjoy a nice, safe, nurtured childhood.
Would you tell them that you weren't really listening when they rambled on for 20 minutes about some cartoon?
Would you tell them that you deliberately took out the batteries of that damned noisy play gun that grandpa got, just to have quiet?
Would you show them your adult toys or movies?
Would you show them your ass & explain how you like it fingered and why?
Would you shower with your kid?
No, you don't hide anything from them, you lie to them and tell them some things are taboo just because you think they are. Your battery example is just you being dishonest and selfish, then expecting them to learn without instruction. That's going to raise complete idiots instead of teaching them anything.
Bob

Seattle, WA

#567723 Nov 30, 2012
Psalm 14:1-3 The fool says in his heart, "There is no God."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#567724 Nov 30, 2012
Bob wrote:
No con works, unless it can convince people that anyone who opposes it is wrong, or stupid, or "evil."

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#567725 Nov 30, 2012
Bob wrote:
Topix 101: The moron posts passages from the Bible, thinking they're relevant.

“What's left to defend?”

Since: Jan 11

Freedom

#567726 Nov 30, 2012
Palms 16:16 "You put the lime in the coconut..."

“I Am No One Else”

Seattle

#567727 Nov 30, 2012
Hidingfromyou wrote:
<quoted text>
Topix 101: The moron posts passages from the Bible, thinking they're relevant.
Must make meme of that.

“Why does my ignorance”

justify your deity?

#567728 Nov 30, 2012
KittenKoder wrote:
<quoted text>
Must make meme of that.
Meme away!

“kill 'em with kindness......”

Since: Apr 11

Ontario

#567729 Nov 30, 2012
Apocalypse666 wrote:
Come on and do it.
Prove there's a god.
Don;t read off scripture or anything like that just prove there's a god.
prove there's not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Top Stories Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
3 Word Game (Feb '12) 4 min andet1987 4,683
I want to be a sex slave to elder woman (May '13) 5 min brianfesian 32
This ~ or ~ That? (game) (Dec '12) 7 min andet1987 1,829
News Roman Catholic church only true church, says Va... (Jul '07) 10 min kent 589,164
4 word game (use same Letter) (Mar '13) 10 min andet1987 1,419
Lost and forgotten 15 min aldmeri 1
Too many Asians in California which makes it suck (Mar '12) 20 min Plague 118
Poll Was 9/11 a conspiracy?? (Oct '07) 24 min Pegasus 271,235
Bush is a hero (Sep '07) 40 min Lyndi 176,742
Which is the Oldest Indian Language? Sanskrit V... (Jul '08) 44 min Naveen kumar 7,150
Poll If you're Christain what kind are you? (Oct '07) 7 hr Good-Evil 4,018
More from around the web